It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something interesting I just noticed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct forum so mods feel free to move this if necessary. I was wondering about the moon phases of when the Aurora Colorado shooting occurred as compared to the Newtown shootings and look what I found.

Aurora Shootings July 20th

Newtown Shootings December 14th

Pretty interesting, is it just a coincidence?

Sorry to post and run, but I wanted to get this up ASAP.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you know something about moon phases please add your analysis. This discovery freaked me out a bit.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Interesting! Makes me curious as to what phase the moon was in during other highly publicized tragedies. Probably just coincidence, but you never know!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Nice find OP! I wish I had some information to add to this for you.. I always say my “Crazy” Tenants at work call around a full moon, but this is just odd!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I guess I am the only one completely lost!

What does the moon have to do with a shooting? Being that there are the exact same distinctions of the moon we see on earth each month, I don't see any connection?

Yep, lost again!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Check out the astropro.com website, theres info on this type of effect, it's real.
Good catch.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is interesting that the events occurred the day following the New Moon phase (also sometimes call the Dark Moon).

This phase is unique for a number of reasons..........

1. In astronomy, new moon is the phase of the Moon when it lies closest to the Sun in the sky as seen from the Earth. More precisely, it is the instant when the Moon and the Sun have the same ecliptical longitude

2. It occurs by definition at the moment of conjunction in ecliptical longitude with the Sun, when the Moon is invisible from the Earth. This moment is unique and does not depend on location, and in certain circumstances it coincides with a solar eclipse.

3. The new moon in its original meaning of first crescent marks the beginning of the month in lunar calendars such as the Muslim calendar, and in lunisolar calendars such as the Hebrew calendar, Hindu calendars, and Buddhist calendar. But in the Chinese calendar, the beginning of the month is marked by the dark moon.

The new moon phase is an optimal time for planning and seeding your intentions

The esoteric history surrounding the new moon phase is also very interesting, a lot of rituals were/are performed on this particular night.

I'm starting to see a bigger picture here.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Very interesting and another 'odd coincidence' to add to an ever increasing long list of them. The Occult is driven by the cycles of the moon and sun. Folks, this is no coincidence

You should create a more descriptive title for this thread, so it gets more immediate attention
edit on 19-12-2012 by shasta9600 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The moon in both cases is a Waxing moon , meaning it is heading back to a full moon after a new moon (or dark moon).

The sliver moon is also known as God's Thumb or God's Thumbnail.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I guess I am the only one completely lost!

What does the moon have to do with a shooting? Being that there are the exact same distinctions of the moon we see on earth each month, I don't see any connection?

Yep, lost again!!

Don't you know? This will never ever rest until some esoterical or diabolical link has been established? Didn't you get the memo?

(end sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
If you know something about moon phases please add your analysis. This discovery freaked me out a bit.

I don't think anything happens by coincidence as i don't believe in coincidence. It happens for a reason, whether consciously or unconsciously. The real test is trying to figure out how and why it happens.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

When i saw your theory i instantly thought of Bohemian grove rituals.

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 19/12/12 by Whateva69 because: vid

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Some interesting info on this "dark moon"

The dark of the Moon is the most powerful time psychically. It seems to lure us toward the deepest self, the longings of the soul, and restful listening is a great way to receive these messages. It's been compared to the dormant seed under the winter snow, or the cocoon holding the butterfly. You might feel tired, or crave quiet solitude. It's important to make space for the unfolding of the spirit at this time. Like death itself, it's preparation for the new beginning that begins with the crescent.

Link

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Just a coincidence.

Each incident had the same 1 in 29.5 or so chance of happening on that particular phase of the moon. Those aren't huge odds.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Just a coincidence.

Each incident had the same 1 in 29.5 or so chance of happening on that particular phase of the moon. Those aren't huge odds.

The probability of these two events happening under the same moon phase are about 870/1. Maybe it is just a coincidence. But its not a small one. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of moon occultism will add something of value to this thread..

sf to the op

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Perhaps you would be interested in this:

"New Moon On Monday? Duran Duran's Illuminati Message?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
Started on 5/2/2011 @ 02:15 AM

ETA:
Star and Flag by the way.

edit on 12/19/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: Edit To Add

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The probability of these two events happening under the same moon phase are about 870/1

Still, not astronomical odds there.

Given the time, we could likely find hundreds of other insignificant similarities to draw comparisons between these two incidents, or any other similar incidents for that matter.

I'll stick with "spooky"
but not significant.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I read a long thread in another forum awhile back that was written by an insider occultist. I remember he said the the phases of the moon were essential to them to follow in deciding when to make certain sacrifices. What this makes me wonder is if Adam Lanza and James Holmes were into occultism.

The other much more nefarious theory is of course that these young men were used and or or set up by much more evil entities.

Either way it is quite creepy. In retrospect I wish I could change my thread title, but it's too late. Perhaps a mod who finds this interesting could help out.

Keep the theories and analysis coming, and thanks for your stars and flags!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Very interesting. I find the moon phases interesting. I don't believe in coincidences. I've been following all of this since it started, and none of it adds up. I'm having a hard time believing it all. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is an interesting first observation. Have you maybe looked into other events also? it would be interesting to see if there is actually a correlation. Maybe if you looked at incidents and moon phases and made a distribution to see if there was a pattern, because for now from only 2 data points it's hard to determine.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join