It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Side Of Doomsday - A Warning About 12/21/12

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The only thing I expect will happen, is that the day after we'll be reading about all the suicide cults having left a mess for someone else to clean up. Several out of control parties where the cops had to come, and lots of children being born nine months later. Oh and no few hangovers.

Though I suspect over the next few days we'll see all sorts of crazy stupid people being crazier in dramatic ways, I rather suspect this past weekend was a prime example of hysteria out pacing common sense.

M.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is the best 12/21/12 I have read, without a doubt. And it verbalizes what I've been thinking for awhile, that the few months following the 21st are when we should be most wary.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I always thought that the doomers among us will continue to move the goal posts after the date comes and goes. Some sort of "we had the actual calculations wrong" type of response that allows the doom to just continue and build. i.e. someone that thinks an asteroid is going to take us out can just say it's still on its' way. I chuckled at the idea that so many will be "lost" that it will be symbolic of the zombie apocalypse. Lets all hope bath salts don't go on sale on the 22nd.
Peace

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

sadly, in my opinion, there's FAR, far too many "ordinary/normal/common" people (human beings species) who simply -unknowingly or subconsciously- adheres to the "Ignorance is bliss" philosophy in their everyday's lives,
that all they will do coming December 22 is just NOT caring at all about this whole "2012" even "December 21 2012" thing, and basically & simply just :

- party it all out! yeaaahhhh! woo-hooo! (just like animals)
- get wasteddd (just like animals) !
- go shopping like crazy (ie: like in "Black Friday",..just like animals)
- go back to their "ordinary" jobs, offices, cubicles (just like mindless slaves)
- go back to their own 'little box' , and watching that 'idiot box' called TV, etc etc (just like mindless robots)

these are all a sad but true fact about our humans species, especially today..
It's no wonder, that even I am, as an Open-minded skeptic (from Indonesia), also deeply & *secretly* wishing/hoping for at least *something* to happen in the 'Mass/grand-scale' on that December 21 2012 date,..because honestly I've got to the point where I'm feeling very sick & tired with today's society, humanity, and where we, as large human species, are going/heading into..!

see all my threads here for more details:
- www.abovetopsecret.com...
- www.abovetopsecret.com...

oh well....unfortunately, I can only hope...

-regards from Indonesia-

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We have seen many so called "end of days"predictions pass without incident,and I fall into the camp of those who say 21st will be a normal day.
I find it interesting that some "grown ups"still enjoy a bit of fear sometimes,like kids enjoy ghost stories by the camp fire.

Don't worry to much Heff-watch out for nutters on the day of course-but I think it will settle down soon after the day.
And the doom mongers will soon start banging on about Apophis in 2029/36 being the date for the "real"doomsday.

Theres always some distant event to give the crazies something to look forward to worrying about...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

@Silcone Synapse: yeah, but do you actually -and honestly- really okay with "nothing changes" and "life goes as boring as usual" ?..
seriously.
edit on 18-12-2012 by dinkot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

To make assumptions and guesses on the most logical outcome is not "measuring the collective subconscious" or whatever you called it. It's merely a mathematical probability and your taking the highest probability and making it prophetic.

However, your deduction is just that. Not a prophecy or collection of subconscious ideas you have masterfully taken in to become prophetic.

Of course the first 90 days after the 21st will be difficult, those who want this to happen will make that so. It's a high probability that will happen and will disappoint many people, some people don't handle disappointment well.

The only thing your guilty of is good logic and you are good with odds. So you would be a good loan shark, that's about it though.

No offense but when people toot their own horn and make it all mystical, it bothers me because no evidence seems to present itself to prove that true. A few posts with your assumptions coming true does not prove prophecy true, it just proves that your odds making ability is quite high and you have insight into the human condition.

Something we all have the ability to do and do well.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
The only thing I expect will happen, is that the day after we'll be reading about all the suicide cults having left a mess for someone else to clean up. Several out of control parties where the cops had to come, and lots of children being born nine months later. Oh and no few hangovers.

Though I suspect over the next few days we'll see all sorts of crazy stupid people being crazier in dramatic ways, I rather suspect this past weekend was a prime example of hysteria out pacing common sense.

M.

Do you think its possible the 144,000 that are supposed to ascend to heaven before the end times is actually suicide driven fanatics?
What if 144,000 people kill themselves on the 21st? What does that say for the prophecy of revelation?

I for one will watch closely to see if any prophetic statements come true, it would be interesting to say the least and worrisome to say the most.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I really loved this post.

I may reread it again in the future.... should the future come. :-)

Oh right, "back scratching" posts are not allowed.... Fine, let me add that, judging by recorded evidence, there was no widespread panic in 1000 A.D. (not least because calendars weren't unified) - that's an urban legend propagated by much, much much later historians - and that "magical thinking" is the only way to go, if magic is what you want.

Great post.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have to agree OP.

While no one around my area is even
noticing the date, its just so insignificant that
its not a issue, for the masses for my thinking
its new years that is going to get wild...
once this blows over, and they spend time with
family, christmas is great, then new years rolls
around and they have a reason to let off some of
that steam...the only question is, how much do they
let off, and where do they end...

Great post OP

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Nettlas
Well, so you are saying, OP, that something will happen right? If something happens because of the "nothingness" of 21 dec, isn´t that still an effect of the 21 dec, and in a way something did happend after all.

I'm saying that if no nutjob, or pack of nutjobs, seeks to try and fulfill a 12/21/12 prophecy on their own - then I think that there likely will be some sort of emotional backlash.

Have you ever been in a movie theater when the lights did not go down exactly on time? Within moments, people start grumbling and shifting nervously. Eventually one or two will start yelling "IT'S TIME. HURRY UP ALREADY!. If that doesn't illicit an immediate reaction then, suddenly, those one or two voices suddenly become contagious and the majority of the theater patrons will become indignant, yelling, changing, throwing things at the screen, and acting like idiots.

All it takes is for the lights to dim and the rash of mass hysteria falls silent.

11:11 PM GMT on 12/21/12 is showtime. Who's going to be the first to scream that there is no show? Who will join that chorus? What will the analog be for throwing drinks and popcorn at the screen?

More over... who will dim the lights to settle the crowd. What will that act entail? And how profoundly will it change the world we live in?

~Heff

I think you missunderstood me, maybe. What I meant was, what IF what YOU are saying IS the "event" or what the profecy talks about.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dinkot

i am hoping something major happens. I really am. Imagine how much ignorance would be denied in an instant if it did?? I would love to see the people who say its going to be just another day's jaw drop. I think it would be great. I am not hoping for an end of the world scenario, but just something, like a bump in consciousness, something that shows people its real and true, imagine how much of a paradigm shift that would give us. People would start to question everything they once believed. That is exactly what this world needs. To question everything. Too many of us accept this life for what it is. Too many of us live in ignorance. We need a paradigm shifting event to take place.

While I don't expect anything to happen, I hope it does.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And the Icelandic will inherit the earth.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Dear Heff, I marvel that your posts do not disappoint! Awesomeness!

Personally, I think something WILL happen. What it will be is surely anyone's guess.
I would wager that humanity is going to get a slap in the face, a shot in the arm, or some sort of revelation one way or the other.

You have 'believers', believing something will happen, and you have the 'non-believers' not believing anything will happen. Can both be wrong?

Regardless of which side of the fence you are on, there's GOT to be a little nagging voice in the background giving one a certain level of uncertainty in whatever their belief is.

If nothing happens, a slap in the face for the human camp of believers, and maybe a little less so for the those aware of their own doubt.

If something does happen, then a slap in the face for the non-believing crowd, with of course a little less slap for those with reservations.

As far as what's gonna happen, why it could be that subtle thing like the Butterfly Effect somewhere setting off this huge infinitely variable chain reaction, or something REALLY cosmic like a giant solar flare or other astronomical event presently unknown, to even of course a situation that resets EVERYONE's beliefs by what is laid before them.

We humans have came a long way at building a giant society, and I would wager that most of us live like kings as compared to periods past where only the wealthiest could afford the comforts that many of us now enjoy.

Are we ready to live as a large civilization??? As one giant human consciousness??? Perhaps even a 'hive mind'??The speed of communications on a global scale makes this possible.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thank you for not forgetting about us Zombie fans.

It wouldn't be a doomsday without Zombies.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have a better song for you Heff !

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's an invented date, in an invented calendar, nothing of cosmic significance will happen then, or on any other specific date. It's all millenialist rubbish propogated by those who seek profit.....Nothing more, nothing less.

On the morning of the 22nd a lot of people are going to realise that they've been had.....Again!

edit on 18-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: s&p

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hiya Heff,

Insightful words that ring true for me as well although I am not a dude thinking back on little boy thoughts.

Great writing, I really enjoyed getting into your thoughts because they brought me in. It was cool!

What I have never understood about "end time dates" is that we no not if we will be here from minute to minute much less a specific date to pack for. If some Angel came down and told me to prepare I may think twice but no man can tell me and be truthful as to when the Earth or my life will be at an end. That is one possibility that I do not think is possible because with each second, time changes and so does everything else. One thing I know for sure is change is constant!

The world is too caught up making money and too busy for family. The system is broken and we are all slaves to it. I get it and understand why people are wanting "something" to happen. Even my children want "something" to happen because they are "bored".??
Thats what one said... lol.
I keep them very busy so why they would say such a thing, I will never know. They want to see something on a grand scale, like Jesus returning. Its as if they have no fear of death which is good but still leaves me bewildered all the same. My 15 yr old said we are robots to a system he doesn't respect and this is why he has a goal to earn a PHD so he can travel the world and not be a slave. I can dig it.

Its been a weird year for me. Almost as if what I have jokingly or seriously wanted has manifested but then again I can't really say it hasn't always been a little weird. lol

The possibility of having a lot of depressed people is high. There are way too many people who believe something is going to happen.

My daughter was playing hockey last night and I went into the pro shop to talk to my buddy Jamie and this little girl about Janels age came in (13) and began telling Jamie that she will not be seeing him after the 21st that its "D-Day". She laughed and walked out the door and I thought .. WOW... I wonder if she believes what she just said?

There are billions of minds holding on to something life changing happening and when something doesn't happen will people flip the *^&* out or what?

Its a concern but lets hope that humanity as a whole can bring about something good for that day and nothing crazy thereafter.

Im going to hope and pray that my faith in humanity remains strong through to the next doomsday, at least.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What you really need to worry about is not a disaster ..but looters .. crazy morons running around drunk ..looting everything in sight .. they will break into homes ..cars .. grocery stores ..and do what they always wanted to do ..
Just be prepared for a couple of weeks with food .. water .. essentials ..and gas! .. it'll all settle fast in couple of weeks ..
Protect your families and friends .. stay indoors on Friday ... and glock up!
Especially women and girls .. stay indoors .. too many looney bins around ..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Great observations and thoughts... I was also thinking how the music such as Kesha's and Britney Spears to name a couple have made dying young and in your prime seem glamorous and partying like crazy with no thought of the future because there is none. Is it possible that when nothing happens the youth will be let down by the thought of actually having to live with their irresponsible choices, grow old, get wrinkly, become irrelevant just like everyone else that's gone before them. I'd say that let down in itself might be enough too spark panic among my own generation...(26 here).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join