It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Side Of Doomsday - A Warning About 12/21/12

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Excellent post Hefficide,and this has been very much on my mind too,because i dont believe for one second the world will end.As i said in a post to another thread:Just more same old,same old..no such clean get-away,and THAT is for many,much worse a prospect than if the world ended.Im concerned too,about some really kind,dear sweet people i know-New Agers-who has had NOTHING but Ascension on their minds for years,and some are so so heavily invested in this date for "ascending"..its going to be like death to them to awaken on the 22nd anyway.I have to say,i can sense the "collective".Im an empath,which can be handy,but at times like this,it can suck like few things have ever sucked-ive been nauseous,unable to eat,with my ulcer acting up,tension knots at the base of my skull,splitting headaches,for days now-and im in Africa,where people seem to have a much more cavalier attitude to this date,eg:in my daughter's high school of over 700 teenagers,not one of them even vaguely believe the world will end,in fact,half of this country's population's propably blissfully unaware of the whole 2012 thing.There has been a sad tragedy today,a 16yr old girl from town died of bacterial meningitis,which she apparently picked up at a dam where local folks flock to during weekends+hols in summer-THAT right there is My worry right now.I wish this date would come and go now-because im physically ailing and in pain from what it is im "getting", vibes,whatever you wanna call it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As usual, nice post heff, I don't believe anything natural will occur on this date, manufactured event worries me but not the nibiru, earthquakes,ect ect ect. scenarios. I too worry about what will happen when nothing happens, there are a lot of people blowing their life savings thinking this is truly the end, what are those people going to do? Im sure they will be angry with themselves all the people that laughed at them along the way, and the government for not telling them everything is going to be ok, not that they would have listened. I honestly forget that the date is this friday until someone brings it up

If the world is going to end it will be on a saturday, some one some where doesn't like me enough to give me friday off.

Take care of yourselves ATS,

Dirty D

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Nettlas
Well, so you are saying, OP, that something will happen right? If something happens because of the "nothingness" of 21 dec, isn´t that still an effect of the 21 dec, and in a way something did happend after all.

I'm saying that if no nutjob, or pack of nutjobs, seeks to try and fulfill a 12/21/12 prophecy on their own - then I think that there likely will be some sort of emotional backlash.
quote abbreviated , THANKS Heff..
More over... who will dim the lights to settle the crowd. What will that act entail? And how profoundly will it change the world we live in?

~Heff

If nothing at all else, you're surpassing your high water marks regularly.
OK enough greasing the English muffin. I felt for a long time if TPTB didn't
create enough chaos outright, there'd be a strong attempt to stress the
population into a self-destruct. Nutjobs, how many of us who are aware of
the matrix haven't been called by the supposed 'normals'? God's sake Heff,
the hardest thing I've done since waking up is losing friends who refuse to.
You can call me crazy, but if things don't turn out like anyone predicted it
was because the unknown is the greatest cause for fear. For the longest time
I had a pipe dream of digging out a small hovel in Wales-- because it's where
favorite Gramp is from; and at least the majority of those folks have a better
handle on why they're scroud than Yanks.
Some of us including now absent friends refuse to process it and just shut
down to a robotic lifestyle because it's easy. Those guys on top know what
they're doing with confuse-a-cat, and ATS is largely immune. I'm a little more
concerned with whatever might be planned to tip over the majority of susceptibles.
I'd like to be on the other side of a world credit reset; but you know with the
control mechanisms THEY've used including Crookedosis self-incrimination
is the last thing on the list. We've run out of psyops to be regularly divided by,
and strap in buddy... this one might be as real as 'they' can make it for a change.
I predict the money will follow us down the tube because it's maximum effect.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Beautifully written and thought-provoking.

Please allow me to add an addendum to one of your paragraphs:

Maybe the zombie apocalypse fans were the closest to right - because come the morning of the 22nd, I think that a large cross section of the worlds population are going to effectively be zombies. They'll be confused, disenfranchised, let down, and lost.

"and hungover"

Just not me,unfortunately.
I have night shift.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I hope that when nothing happens, people who were hoping for something to happen see it as a positive change and that they were "saved" and therefore can go on to change and live in a better world. Perhaps an age of enlightenment will follow this infamous date, one can only hope

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Heff, once again you've outdone yourself! SnF! for a very thought provoking piece. It echoes my own concerns quite well, and far more eloquently written.

One of my biggest gripes with whole 12-21-12 thing is something I learned waaay back in 1977. My best friend in college, whose parents were both accomplished archaeologists, and had spent several years in S.America working on Mayan digs. He explained to me then how the time works in the Mayan calendar. It Starts with the 7 Heavens, each of 52 years length, and each better than the one before, then come the 7 (or was it 13? I forget) Hells, also each 52 years in length, with each day, in each hell, worse than the one before. At the end, the 13th Baktu, the last day is unimaginably bad. Then Dec. 22 dawns as the first day of the new Heaven, and the world repeats. No ending.

I think they had it right, and I think, Heff, you're sensing it.

Cheers, and keep your loved ones close!
edit on 18-12-2012 by LetsGoViking because: Brain Fart

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree with most of what you said, but what separates 12/21/12 from the others doomsday dates? Why is this one not gonna come and go like all the countless others?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
One by one... more and more can see it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Lastly, if nothing happens on dec 21, that is a hell of a lot of people wrong, its huge. I still find the lack of media coverage disturbing. Watched the news tonight, they talked about friday, and kids getting out of school for xmas, they talked about the weather, like it was any other day, no one mentioned anything to do with the calendar, or doomsday or anything. Then it went onto sports. I have yet to see anyone in the msm acknowledge dec 21, even with skepticism, besides nasa. I want to see it reported on the news, i want to see them say, we have no idea what to expect, but heres a fun fact, the mayan calendar runs out this friday. People already know this, but the news has never been sensitive to people's feelings before, why suddenly start now? They reported y2k, they reported, may 21, 2011..... But the biggest date of them all, silence......eerie silence.

Exactly. I remember 2011 and the bonanza of end of the world movies being replayed, thinking to myself "oh man, they are going to have a FIELD DAY with all this next year!"

Here we are, and very little mention, no jokes on late night tv, very few mentions or comments anywhere, no movie marathon of disaster movies.... History Channel's doomsday shows are all on History 2, not even "regular cable." The Economist published a cartoon (and article, according to my dad, which I haven't looked for yet) that is about surviving 12/12/12. Um.....confusion on the Mayan end date?

I remember Y2K was saturated with information, interviews from the bunker, oooh look at the crazy people, etc. etc. And now, nothing?

I'm not saying we should encourage mass hysteria and panic, but it does seem weird. Eerie silence is the perfect description.

Maybe an awareness that there are a lot more people who do believe, so best not to rile everyone up?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hey,
I like your style. Cool thread.

Personally, I am expecting the super-nova produced by Betelgeuse will be my demise.

When we reach OP's 90 day mark, we'll start fearing Betelgeuse. Something backed by science.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I couldn't help but smile at your OP... We're about the same age and I had the same thoughts, ideas, and feelings back in the day when I thought I could conquer the world Mad Max style when first hearing of the 12/21/12 end date.

Now being the old fart that I am, my ability to duke it out in a post-apocalyptic world would need a large helping of pain killers, carpal tunnel arm braces, knee braces, and Metamucil to help keep the plumbing regulated.

Great writing style, Heff... In fact, it would make a fantastic narrative for the starting of an apocalyptic movie:

Picture Morgan Freeman's voice narrating the beginning talking about his thoughts when he was a young lad first thinking about the end of the world... now queue in a panoramic of an older fellow with wrinkles and a sprinkling of grey hair standing atop a hill looking over a devastated landscape... the reality vs the teenage fantasy.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

I think the truth of the situation is a bit more boring than that. Most people on this planet are not into conspiracy theories. It's always been a small minority who indulge in such predictions or end-game preparation.

The more you step away from conspiracy nexuses like ATS, the less you will encounter such ideas in public. That's my experience, anyways.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Kudos S&F for you. It will come and go and something will replace it. If only we could spend this much energy on fixing things.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Oh Heff, we all knew that Obama was going to win again. We only needed to go through the motions. That was not such an amazing "hit".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your intuition and gift are spot on Hellicide.

I agree with what you see as coming to pass. I would only extend your time frame from 90 days to 150 days after.

The REAL destruction of this civilization will be during that 150 day period ending on 05/19/13.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The most concerning part of your posts to me is finding out that this is all going down at 11:11 GMT. That means I'll just be getting off of work when it hits.

Poop.

I'm leaving early and getting a drink.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

The fiscal cliff will only the US not the entire planet. IF there is anything to the whole 2012 thing it wont be a US thing it will be a global thing. ( I think but I know nothing)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

If the US goes over the fiscal cliff, the dollar tumbles.

If the dollar tumbles, then all the countries depending on the dollar, tumble with it, and all the countries using the dollar for security, as their back up money, tumbles. Stocks will crash, oil will skyrocket, and china will have a giant smile on its face.

Do not think for one second that the fiscal cliff is a localized problem. It has global implication so large that the entire worlds economy is in jeopardy because of it.
edit on 18-12-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think we will be out in the street/road watching the flagalists, beating themselves with chains, trying to appease what god it is they think will deliver them from the other angry gods who are going to end their little chunk of this world.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I remember first hearing about this in ninth grade, in Spanish class, when we were on Mayan History.
Did not give it much thought then. I bought a car in 2007, and remember thinking, well when this car gets paid off the word will end with my luck,lol

Well car is paid off, do not think the world will end, but yeah in the back of my mind. Now I just worry about crazies that want something to happen and will try. If something were really going to happen on that date, I think we would see signs of something.

When I was 15 I didnt even think I was going to make it to 30 much less 40, and now the Mayan date lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join