It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a British Citizen NOT an “English Subject”!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by splitfamiliar

I don’t want to single out a single member but In the course of recent debates I have had many members have called me a “subject” many have also talked about the UK being a “surveillance state” that I am “English” and so on.

And so. Scotland has been subject to the crown since what. The 1200s? Sure, technically you had a king but only thinking that England allowed. It's that whole robert the Bruce thing.

I believe that after about 812 years you finally have your own parliment!? Not just your own judges like the good ol centuries? I believe that your parliment has also scheduled a vote to talk about independence in what? 2014? Ish?

So. You are a subject. Your countries history shows you are a subject. The fact that you started this thread to show you aren't a subject--shows that you are a subject.

I understand your wanton to be free and disassociated with the English government. I really do.

Now only if you had some methods in which you could resist......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar
England used to be a great nation, but now it's a pale clone of America. How sad!

Not sure where you are from but there is nothing "clone"-like about England and America. Nothing at all. Unfortunately. Or fortunately depending on your point of view. England has acted like a bitch for quite some time. Not a clone.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Battleline
Like on your gun control thread i suggested you research gun control and how the crime rate has gone up in the UK since your guns were taken from you.

That is nonsense because most people didn't own guns for them to be taken away.

The rise in crime had nothing to do with that law, and if you really researched you'll find that is generally the case.

Like the one I posted earlier about Australia (maybe different thread? lol). The crime rate trend did not change after the gun ban, crime did go up but the trend stayed the same. If the ban made a real difference the trend would change and there would either be a sharp upward or downward change in the trend.

It's easy to misrepresent the data to appear as if crime increased, but you have to check the trend over time not some empty statement claiming there was a rise. Technically it's not a lie, just a misrepresentation of the data.

edit on 12/19/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)
What you have done is misrepresent your whole comment. In your hurry to ridicule me you did not give one fact check to back up what you say therefore it's just your opinion and or your talking points list.
Trends are relative, a documented rate increase is done with research so your comment, like your whole post; is just your opinion.
I did not misreresent anything, I suggested you research the facts, something people like you can't stand to do because there is to much reality in facts and ridicule along with spin seems to be what you like the most.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

not to mention that Scotland has been declared the most violent crime infested place in the developed world by the UN.....

The UN....soooo....

edit on 20-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: fix

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I dont think so. I think the UK has some problems but all and all you guys arent that shabby.

I say this from an external point of view. That said, you have problems, HUGE problems on the rise and on the horizon, but as a people you are doing OK.

I would close the borders to the mainland. Your population is shrinking like the rest of the world and too much immigration is not good for your infrastructure.

edit on 20-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Scotland did not join the rest of the UK until 1707 in the acts of union and before that yes we fought with the English rather a lot. The 1707 act was passed by the Scottish parliament at the time, we shared a monarch since the early 1600’s. Under the act both the English Parliament and the Scottish parliament joined to create the parliament of Great Brittan that has both Scottish and English representatives, hell the last PM was Scottish. The 1707 was not forced upon us we went into it willingly after several attempts had been made to create the union, your history is flat out wrong; we had been without a true parliament for a little under 300 years not 800.

Yes we now have our own Scottish Executive and yes there is talk of independence by this does not have a majority of support.

Regardless of the history the fact does remain that legally I am a British citizen I am not nor have I ever been an “English subject”. I don’t understand why so many seem to want to argue against what is a legal fact.

Also just like I am not a subject I am also not subject to sharia law nor will I ever be, there is no significant group in the UK who wants sharia law.

I don’t understand if you are just being conformational for the sake of posting.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Talk about revisionist history coupled with utter bullshizzle!!

As the OP stated above me, you're quite wrong on pretty much every point and clearly poorly informed as to the subject. I might recommend you go away and do some research first before forming an opinion miles from the truth of the matter.
edit on 20/12/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by rainychica

When did you see them though? Recently or was this some time ago?

I've had British Citizen on mine for as long as a I remember and I'm 30.

Just a few years ago - 2007-2008ish
so not that long ago and you'd be roughly the same age group then

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join