It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SANDY HOOK reference in BATMAN movie

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by waltdisney

Hmm Honestly, I found the mom's reaction kind of disturbing, the child, I'm not going to speculate because I'm sure she had no idea what was going on. Did they not know that children died at this point? I just don't know how anyone could smile talking about this, in the moment AT the scene, especially knowing children died. I'll go on the assumption she didn't know that anyone died...And why would you let your child be interviewed?
edit on 17-12-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I could dig what you were getting at up to the point you wrote this:

Originally posted by waltdisney
Here is the little girl witness...

...She doesnt even seem scared. Probably the child of some rich oil exec.

What difference does it make who her parents are? If her family is very comfortable, financially, does that mean she is expected to display certain emotional traits?

Come on now, it is a little girl!

She may not seem scared, and maybe she isn't, but we can't confirm that through a short video clip. This little girl may be in shock and far more traumatized than most anyone on these boards has ever been - & hopefully will never be. I am suprised the survivors aren't catatonic! - I probably would be...

Maybe she seems calm because she didn't see the shooter or the murders taking place... maybe she was at a distance that would muffle the shots fired and doesn't understand what it all meant

. If she was spared the charge of having the murders of her friends and teachers burned into her permanent memory, I'd say, 'Thank Goodness for her not witnessing those acts'.

Truth is, whether she witnessed them or not, this is something that will be by her side throughout her entire life and expecting a certain type of emotions from a young child, after an event like this, is non-sensical.

I only hope it doesn't serve to haunt her at every corner she turns.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

People like you need to go to a grieving thread and grieve if you fee you need to, if there is not one to you likely I suggest you stat one.

This is a point that needs to be looked into , even though the relevance of this Sandy hook killings may not be there, in regard to this thread.

The point that is being brought up by the OP does have relevance, and this is ATS, maybe You should go to BTS and start a grieving thread.

Some were already belittled about taking about guns on one of the Sandy Hooks School killing threads, said Pray for kids I think most have done that from the start, the parents and loved ones are the ones that need prayers and help with their losses now, The children are dead nothing else can be done for them, if anything discussions on how to stop such as this in the future would be a matter at hand, no going wild in any direction will not help.

edit on 17-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
my husband witnessed his brother, when they were both little, get hit by a semi-truck. the brother was decapitated, but when my husband saw him, he was perfectly normal with head still intact, and appeared to him to be sleeping on the road. one possible explanation is he blocked it out cause his brain wouldn't accept the alternative or, he was protected from seeing the physical reality by some higher spiritual power.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

Heff (I think it was Heff) had a thread several days ago, where I commented about a clip in the thread.

The clip showed a Sherriff at a press conference, giving details about the incident. I commented that the sherriff looked as if he were about to crack a smile, or break out laughing any moment.

In the back ground were two 'morons' trying to get their mug on TV... maneuvering into the camera's view and laughing in the background.

Between the sherriff's appearance and the guys in the background, I had the impression that they must think something is funny around them.

Heff made a good point though and that is; we all react different in stressful situations. We have personality trait mechanisms that become evident when we are faced with traumatizing events. This sherriff probably didn't even realize he was smiling. I'd say the same thing about your post.
edit on 17-12-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

A lot if people's reactions were...bizarre. I paid very close attention.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Not the only movie to use the name.
Here is a ref. to a Norwegian movie, two versons were made, as they did a double take on each scene.
One in Norwegian, and one in English.

It`s called " Orions Belt " and was filmed in 1985 on Svalbard, north of Norway.

gfx.nrk.no...

www.vg.no...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I agree to a certain extent. However, you don't often see people laughing or smiling at horrific news. It is not the norm.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
An image i found. So to confirm the op post. There is a link to Sandy Hook and the batman movie.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What I find interesting about this shot,
everything is in twos including using two fingers to point out the now infamous
Sandy Hook on the map.

Clearly there is a message in the shot.
Whether or not it has anything to do with the recent shootings is another matter.
But clearly information is being transmitted to the viewer.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I think it would hinge on the circumstances and atmosphere of the situations. Each event could evoke much different responses from the same person, dependant on the situtional variations. Although, I do feel it is hard to understand what type of reaction is appropriate on a person to person basis.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
This is the worst topic i've ever read on this site and the majority of posters here need professional help. It's clear that they LOVE these massacres because it allows them to concoct a NWO story around it and live out their paranoid delusions. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the posters in this thread go and shoot up a movie studio due to their belief that Hollywood is constructing a New World Order, anybody who believes that these images are anything other than coincidences are mentally ill. I honestly mean that.

Perfectly said. The level of lunacy on this board is sometimes too much. It's getting to where my initial reaction to these types of events is "I wonder what his/her (who are we kidding, his) ATS username is?"

Cue the inevitable reply by someone with dolphins or sparkles or ascension angels in their avatar telling me to go somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
what weird coincidence to say atleast . you also can see it like some preminition warnings hidden within our lives ?when this happens I always get the feeling we really living this holographic lives....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Perhaps it means each incident has "two" shooters?
2nd

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There are soem absolutely SICK SICK folks on this website to take a horrible event like this and relate it back to freakin movie pictures!!! There are some VERY disturned folks on ATS and i truly hope the gov't is monitoring this site so they will know exactly who to profile when these types of things happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I am thinking he is pointing to 2 catastrophes involving Sandy Hook.

Sandy Hook, NJ was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy

Then Sandy Hook elementary "destroyed"

edit on 17-12-2012 by paradism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
i truly hope the gov't is monitoring this site so they will know exactly who to profile when these types of things happen.

You don't like people talking in this manner about said subject, so you hope the government monitors us and profiles us akin to the killer and his ilk?

Irrational much?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VicMT09

This confirms the name change as well the area was previously South Hinkly...too odd for me with the name change

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

True. I do think it's possible though to say, in general, what a "typical" reaction might be to events like this which is why when someone's reaction seems a bit "off" by "typical" standards, it gets noticed.

Anyway, I think this is off-topic now so I'll zip it!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

It is certainly weird, personally I felt it weird that that when it happened 1430 UK time, I was having a group critique about a painting I am working on that I added a hook shaped curve of sand dunes curving round a forest area, just that morning, but this Batman map thing is too weird after the Aurora thing and all it's similarities, right down to the initial reports of two culprits and all the tactical gear and same massive load of weapon. Oh and an autistic guy suddenly going crazy. Too many similarities.
edit on 17-12-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join