It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Intelligent extraterrestrial life visited the Earth in ancient times and profoundly affected the development of human civilization.

READ MORE:

en.wikipedia.org...

(Source of the information)

Back then people might of thought that the extraterrestrial life might of been Angels and Gods but for us today its either Aliens or maybe still Gods and Angels.

What do you think?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 15/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think this is a very minimal post.

Why dont you come up with some theories of your own rather than just posting a link to a wiki article and asking people what they think.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh wow, I've never heard of this before. Amazing!!!

Okay, not really.

Can you provide any evidence that hasn't been hashed and rehashed time and again? So far the AA theory hasn't survived any measure of scrutiny. The claims keep coming, and they continue to echo resplendently unsubstantiated along the hallowed halls of reason.

Give our ancestors some credit will ya? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
With all due respect, you should take some time to watch a few segments of the film here:

Ancient Aliens Debunked

For instance, the below is the 20 minute section on all the glaring errors, lies, and misrepresentations detailed by the Ancient Aliens show as it pertains to Anunnaki:

There are segments on the Pyramids and other megalithic structures, The crystal skulls, the golden 'jet fighter' figures, and many more.

The facts are detailed such that you don't have to take my word for it. Nor do you have to take the word of anything said in the video. Citations are available for you to verify everything on your own if you want in the above link I've provided.

At the very least, watch a few segments so that you might perhaps figure a means to debunk the debunk ... if you can.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondTheUnkown

I think that you need to start reading instead of posting for a little bit. It will take more than a couple of pictures that pretty much all of the members have seen a million times and a link to a Wiki page to generate interest and discussion around here.

Try to spend a few days reading examples of well thought out and researched OPs to get an idea of what is expected of you. Learn to be more specific and please do your best to leave Wiki out of it. If you were to use the search function and enter "Ancient Astronauts" or "Ancient Aliens" I'm sure you will find many interesting examples for you to study and learn from. This is not Facebook and people expect a little more here.

I'm not trying to troll you, just giving what I hope is helpful advice. Good luck to you friend, and hopefully you will be ready with your next OP soon!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yeah I posted a little bit of my own but I just wanted to share the article ..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

For instance, the below is the 20 minute section on all the glaring errors, lies, and misrepresentations detailed by the Ancient Aliens show as it pertains to Anunnaki

OP...Dru is spot on here. But it forgot to mention that the last 20 minute segment brings to light Druscilla's linear thought patterns, and how this very deficiency contributes to simpleton group think.

So, it's safe to say, all segments have something to offer.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The trouble with the AA theory,for me,apart from the various and numerous flaws is how it diminishes the achievements of our ancestors ~ they were too stupid and primitive not only to mistake the 'aliens' in their spaceships for gods but also to build stonehenge or the pyramids.

We needed aliens to come and show us,to mate us or re-engineer our DNA then they buggered off and left !!!

Nah,credit our ancestors with the brains and ingenuity they clearly possessed,,remember ancient Egyptions or Neolithic man had the same raw intelligence as us,the same capacity to problem solve,,in fact maybe more simply because they didn't have a digital spirit level to keep his buildings true and straight but had to actually think of ways to create these amazing monuments with basic tools,brute strength and brains !!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondTheUnkown

Sorry couldn`t resist

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm a firm believer that the planet has been visited in the past(and still is) by extra terrestrials and that they interfered one way or the other with the human civilization.

I don't believe that our ancestors were dump or primitive,but i do believe that in some cases they had a little outside help or guidance,to achieve some of their magnificent tasks.In ancient texts there are descriptions of technology that,as far as we know,wasn't available at that time and no matter how much some would like to dismiss them as works of fiction,our ancestors must had a visual stimulation or knowledge of such technology.

There are holes in the ancient alien theory,as presented in the popular tv show and some books,but my belief is this happens because of the amount of time that passed from the ancient times(sometimes people can't agree to events that happened 50 or 60 years ago,imagine what happens to events 2000 or 5000 years ago).
Some "experts" might fill in the gaps according to what they know or even to want they wish might have happened.On the other hand the proffesional debunkers,are dismissing the whole theory according to their beliefs, knowledge and the "know-it-all" attitude,again filling gaps with their point of view and believing that what happens today,applied in the past as well.

There is always the possibility that what we call today ancient aliens,is just remrants of an even older human civilization.Also there is no evidence to support that,apart from the myth of Atlantis and similar stories.

Anyway that's my personal point of view and i might be wrong,but unless we find a time machine to go back and witness it,we will never know for sure what really happened.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Interesting how some people seem to have a passion for debunking this subject. I was so skeptical, but you cannot close your eyes to something that is obviously bigger than a hoax. It looks like we are getting worked up for disclosure and when that happens you will still have the same negative bad attitude and say 'I don't care if I was wrong because I am still smarter than you anyway.' But that is the thing - they would still have their eyes closed in denial even after the government discloses and not admit they are wrong. We who believe in aliens are not the ones who are delusional, it is the stubborn skeptical individuals who are in denial, and I am sure they will still argue even if there is disclosure.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Interesting how some people seem to have a passion for debunking this subject. I was so skeptical, but you cannot close your eyes to something that is obviously bigger than a hoax. It looks like we are getting worked up for disclosure and when that happens you will still have the same negative bad attitude and say 'I don't care if I was wrong because I am still smarter than you anyway.' But that is the thing - they would still have their eyes closed in denial even after the government discloses and not admit they are wrong. We who believe in aliens are not the ones who are delusional, it is the stubborn skeptical individuals who are in denial, and I am sure they will still argue even if there is disclosure.

Plenty of intelligent logical people believe in the existance of aliens. What they do not believe in is Aliens willy nilly building a few random stone structures and faces on mars and crashing hundreds of ships into the planet.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondTheUnkown
Intelligent extraterrestrial life visited the Earth in ancient times and profoundly affected the development of human civilization.

READ MORE:

en.wikipedia.org...

Back then people might of thought that the extraterrestrial life might of been Angels and Gods but for us today its either Aliens or maybe still Gods and Angels.

What do you think?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

you're right but the thing is they are not perfect. More advanced than we are sure but not perfect and not all species have the same abilities just like the ones we know about here on Earth.

and a lot of them sound as though they enjoy simple pleasures such as a good steak and some wine. They also have character faults just like humans. I wonder how they perceive us.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I belive in this so much.....sorry just had to put that pic up!!!! i would love to discuss this but its been dicussed a million times before. hail hail,.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Plenty of intelligent logical people believe in the existance of aliens. What they do not believe in is Aliens willy nilly building a few random stone structures and faces on mars and crashing hundreds of ships into the planet.

I know it is hard to choose what to believe in or not, because uncle Sam created a large plan, I call it a disinformation program.

It was most likely just one craft, Roswell, as far as I'm concerned all others either didn't exist or were not alien.

I don't think grey aliens created the face or pyramids on mars, I think that ancient humans did (the face doesn't look like a grey, so it is not logical at all to think greys built the face). Greys building the stuctures on the back side of the moon? The structures there are more interesting, they are large skinny white towers. Still I find it hard to believe that a civilization of greys would have white domes and skinny towers, unless the greys were underground and the towers were advanced communication devices of some kind, a white dome is something humans would build of this day, pyramids and a face stucture like the sphinx would be ancient man and it is not correct to deny the correlation.

It is so easy to believe the abductees. A logical, smart, and educated person would so easily accept what they said. If they knew the reality. You can decipher true from false. These days whatever is told is not true, and what is not told is.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondTheUnkown

READ MORE:

en.wikipedia.org...

What do you think?

Wow, gee what a novel topic not discussed to death on ATS for years with hundreds of threads about it....

...oh wait.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Interesting how some people seem to have a passion for debunking this subject.

If something is bunk, isn't it good to identify it as such so that people aren't fooled into believing things which are untrue?

I was so skeptical, but you cannot close your eyes to something that is obviously bigger than a hoax.

I don't think people who are skeptical regarding the ETH and UFOlogy have their eyes closed. In fact, I think these are the folks who are applying deep scrutiny into the claims made. Not all cases are hoaxes by the way, and I'm not aware of anyone who has made such a statement.

It looks like we are getting worked up for disclosure and when that happens you will still have the same negative bad attitude and say 'I don't care if I was wrong because I am still smarter than you anyway.'

How long have we been waiting for "disclosure" now? Decades isn't it? Just around the corner...

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

But that is the thing - they would still have their eyes closed in denial even after the government discloses and not admit they are wrong. We who believe in aliens are not the ones who are delusional, it is the stubborn skeptical individuals who are in denial, and I am sure they will still argue even if there is disclosure.

I see people toss out this false accusation occasionally. Often it comes along the lines of "even if ET knocked on your door you still wouldn't believe!" or some other similar rubbish. It isn't the fault of skeptics that the evidence provided in support of these ideas is lackluster and unsubstantial.

You do realize that we have better pictures of that now, right?

Doesn't really look much like a face now does it?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by booNyzarC
If something is bunk, isn't it good to identify it as such so that people aren't fooled into believing things which are untrue?

We can say these two things like looking in two mirrors, it will just on into infinite. It is not bunk.

I don't think people who are skeptical regarding the ETH and UFOlogy have their eyes closed. In fact, I think these are the folks who are applying deep scrutiny into the claims made. Not all cases are hoaxes by the way, and I'm not aware of anyone who has made such a statement.

How long have we been waiting for "disclosure" now? Decades isn't it? Just around the corner...

I am not pro disclosure.

I see people toss out this false accusation occasionally. Often it comes along the lines of "even if ET knocked on your door you still wouldn't believe!" or some other similar rubbish. It isn't the fault of skeptics that the evidence provided in support of these ideas is lackluster and unsubstantial.

Of course, that is an up close picture, for every pic you show me looking like that I can show you ten from a higher point of view that look like a face, and the pyramids settle the case.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I also believe the ancient astronauts were real.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

We can say these two things like looking in two mirrors, it will just on into infinite. It is not bunk.

Perhaps you missed my point. There is a lot of bunk in the arena of UFOlogy. Criticizing the people who are separating the wheat from the chaff serves no useful purpose. Or are you claiming that there is no bunk to be found regarding this subject matter?

I am not pro disclosure.

Again missed my point. The skeptical crowd does not have their eyes closed.

Of course, that is an up close picture, for every pic you show me looking like that I can show you ten from a higher point of view that look like a face, and the pyramids settle the case.

Are you trying to say that lower quality pictures trump higher quality pictures when it comes to assessing the face on Mars? To what extent are you willing to go to keep fooling yourself about these things?

As for "pyramids" I'm afraid there are none. Just mountains. Of course, many people want to see pyramids in those mountains for whatever reason, just like some people want to see a face where there is none, but the desire to see what isn't there doesn't make it magically real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join