It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

It sounds like you are saying ancient man was smart enough to build a pyramid with all its mathmatical exactness but lied about who taught them to read and write and do math in the first place.

The simple is answer is that ancient man was telling the truth. Visitors came down from the sky and did what they did. And then at some point they all left.

There is nothing unusual about this. We did it in the New World [but never left] and we will do it on another planet sometime in the future.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by booNyzarC
Perhaps you missed my point. There is a lot of bunk in the arena of UFOlogy. Criticizing the people who are separating the wheat from the chaff serves no useful purpose. Or are you claiming that there is no bunk to be found regarding this subject matter?

Oh no, I have changed my mind based on what I have seen.

Again missed my point. The skeptical crowd does not have their eyes closed.

Are you trying to say that lower quality pictures trump higher quality pictures when it comes to assessing the face on Mars? To what extent are you willing to go to keep fooling yourself about these things?

I am not being fooled because I am not sure, but you are fooled because you are taking computer enhanced graphics of the factual landmark and trying to impose them on me saying they are better than my actuals, you are not going to trick me with a simulation The world listens to the media and doesn't have time to educate themselves so they will believe you also, and that's all they talk about these days - nothing because the words don't have a foundation for knowledge and may just be there to cause fear.

As for "pyramids" I'm afraid there are none. Just mountains. Of course, many people want to see pyramids in those mountains for whatever reason, just like some people want to see a face where there is none, but the desire to see what isn't there doesn't make it magically real.

One thing at a time, it is unique and more mysterious that the face would be close to the pyramids. Remember these would be much more ancient than the pyramids on earth so I believe it is possible. From this photo it is easy for me to see than anybody is skeptical because they don't want to believe in the possibility of ancient man on mars.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

It sounds like you are saying ancient man was smart enough to build a pyramid with all its mathmatical exactness but lied about who taught them to read and write and do math in the first place.

The simple is answer is that ancient man was telling the truth. Visitors came down from the sky and did what they did. And then at some point they all left.

There is nothing unusual about this. We did it in the New World [but never left] and we will do it on another planet sometime in the future.

Being inspired to create an architectural masterpiece (at the time) to appease their Gods isn't the same as being 'taught' how to do so. Nor has the God(s)=Aliens argument made any progress beyond "it must be because I think it must be'. There is a distinct difference between the belief of all powerful creator Gods and visiting aliens with high tech gadgets.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Perhaps you missed my point. There is a lot of bunk in the arena of UFOlogy. Criticizing the people who are separating the wheat from the chaff serves no useful purpose. Or are you claiming that there is no bunk to be found regarding this subject matter?

You are certainly entitled to change your mind about whatever you changed your mind about, but I really wasn't asking about that.

Okay, I'll try this again. Are you claiming that there is no bunk to be found in the arena of UFOlogy?

Originally posted by booNyzarCAgain missed my point. The skeptical crowd does not have their eyes closed.

Are you trying to say that lower quality pictures trump higher quality pictures when it comes to assessing the face on Mars? To what extent are you willing to go to keep fooling yourself about these things?

I am not being fooled because I am not sure, but you are fooled because you are taking computer enhanced graphics of the factual landmark and trying to impose them on me saying they are better than my actuals, you are not going to trick me with a simulation The world listens to the media and doesn't have time to educate themselves so they will believe you also, and that's all they talk about these days - nothing because the words don't have a foundation for knowledge and may just be there to cause fear.

What I provided you with is actual imagery from the Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) taken in 2001. This spacecraft was fitted with several instruments, including the Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC), which returned 243,668 images throughout its mission up time.

More information specific to the face on Mars can be found here and here. I'm not attempting to trick you with a simulation, I'm just sharing more recent information and pictures than Viking gave us.

Originally posted by booNyzarCAs for "pyramids" I'm afraid there are none. Just mountains. Of course, many people want to see pyramids in those mountains for whatever reason, just like some people want to see a face where there is none, but the desire to see what isn't there doesn't make it magically real.

One thing at a time, it is unique and more mysterious that the face would be close to the pyramids. Remember these would be much more ancient than the pyramids on earth so I believe it is possible. From this photo it is easy for me to see than anybody is skeptical because they don't want to believe in the possibility of ancient man on mars.

I would love to see some verifiable evidence that life once existed on Mars, but so far none has been found. Misinterpreting the early images of Cydonia taken by Viking 1 as a face and pyramids is much like Percival Lowell's imagining of Martian canals through his telescope here on Earth. It is an enticing concept without question, but as we have advanced in technology and obtained better imagery of our neighbor planet it is clear that such ideas are unsupported at best and deceptive pipe dreams at worst.

Regardless, keep looking and contemplating the possibilities. There's nothing wrong with that. It is this same curiosity which has inspired so many to pursue scientific endeavors.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

I understand that you want to believe this. However, if you wish to be taken seriously at all, then you shouldn't make claims like the above (bolded) without backing up what you say with evidence.

For example, please provide us with a quote from a legitimate ancient Egyptian source that states the Egyptians were "taught ... to read and write and do math in the first place" by aliens or gods "from the sky."

You should know that the progression from early glyphs to full-fledged hieroglyphic writing has been fairly well traced, with actual artifacts for evidence of the progression.

Hey to boony.

Harte

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You are certainly entitled to change your mind about whatever you changed your mind about, but I really wasn't asking about that.

Okay, I'll try this again. Are you claiming that there is no bunk to be found in the arena of UFOlogy?

Originally posted by booNyzarCAgain missed my point. The skeptical crowd does not have their eyes closed.

What I provided you with is actual imagery from the Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) taken in 2001. This spacecraft was fitted with several instruments, including the Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC), which returned 243,668 images throughout its mission up time.

More information specific to the face on Mars can be found here and here. I'm not attempting to trick you with a simulation, I'm just sharing more recent information and pictures than Viking gave us.

Originally posted by booNyzarCAs for "pyramids" I'm afraid there are none. Just mountains. Of course, many people want to see pyramids in those mountains for whatever reason, just like some people want to see a face where there is none, but the desire to see what isn't there doesn't make it magically real.

I would love to see some verifiable evidence that life once existed on Mars, but so far none has been found. Misinterpreting the early images of Cydonia taken by Viking 1 as a face and pyramids is much like Percival Lowell's imagining of Martian canals through his telescope here on Earth. It is an enticing concept without question, but as we have advanced in technology and obtained better imagery of our neighbor planet it is clear that such ideas are unsupported at best and deceptive pipe dreams at worst.

Regardless, keep looking and contemplating the possibilities. There's nothing wrong with that. It is this same curiosity which has inspired so many to pursue scientific endeavors.

Cheers.

Yes, dumb, dumb dumb dumb.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey Harte, good to see you.

Yes, dumb, dumb dumb dumb.

Really, no bunk at all?

So you believe Billy Meier then?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Really, no bunk at all?

In the first post I said no, but you took my words about changing and switched my into a yes. Then I said yes because if I said no and that didn't work yes must work.

If anyone like Billy was real then we would have aliens giving us pictures and evidence, not Billy's faked hoaxed picture.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondTheUnkown
Intelligent extraterrestrial life visited the Earth in ancient times and profoundly affected the development of human civilization.

READ MORE:

en.wikipedia.org...

(Source of the information)

Back then people might of thought that the extraterrestrial life might of been Angels and Gods but for us today its either Aliens or maybe still Gods and Angels.

What do you think?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 15/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

That first image looks like the 1964 april 24th at 10 am when on a NY farm Gary Wilcox talked with two martians
With space suites from head to toe. Thanks for displaying !

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Really, no bunk at all?

In the first post I said no, but you took my words about changing and switched my into a yes. Then I said yes because if I said no and that didn't work yes must work.

If anyone like Billy was real then we would have aliens giving us pictures and evidence, not Billy's faked hoaxed picture.

You may have thought your first post was a clear no, but it did not come across that way. I did no switching. I repeated my question because your first answer wasn't clear. This post is a clear no, so thank you for answering my question in such a way that it was possible for me to understand you.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

Originally posted by BeyondTheUnkown
Intelligent extraterrestrial life visited the Earth in ancient times and profoundly affected the development of human civilization.

That first image looks like the 1964 april 24th at 10 am when on a NY farm Gary Wilcox talked with two martians
With space suites from head to toe. Thanks for displaying !

Do you suppose it could also be representative of some kind of headdress common in many tribal cultures both ancient and contemporary?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join