It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21st, 2012 11:11am GMT - Snapshot from Earth and Sun.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Im confused. After reading some of the posts.
Is there really disbelief on the alignment?
Can we at least establish what awesome sky charters
the Mayans were?

On Dec. 21st 2012 the sun will
rise and appear to align with the dark
rift in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
That's not hype.
That is happening.

Earthquakes end the world ? Nope.
But the alignment is absolutely legit.
We should be amazed at the accuracy of the Mayan
Calendar . Yes I know it was close in 2008. But I think for Central America
this is the closest.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You've been sucked in to the 2012 crap. Leave it alone. Don't misquote me. And isn't two threads about that stupid video enough for one person?
edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

The worst part, Phage, is that people think this Galactic plane is a thin line, that is represented by the "center" of the observed phenomenon. Perhaps, something that you should also correct in your "video".

Missing the point, that the light (or lack thereof) we see in the sky, is not a representation of the current instance of this plane.

Missing the point, that this plane is so thick, that we're already in it, and the very center of it is not a difference to any other parts of it. Even if we observe it, as a "line" like element, it isn't ...

And the reason for it all, is that everyone has grown up with the "mystery" theatre. Where the dynosaurs death are a mysteri, the building of the pyramids is a mysteri, etc. And the anicent blood-sucking mayans, knew more about the stars than we do.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Dude, Phage never put any new age junk out there for anyone to consider. This is not his way. Phage usually will debunk with solid scientific facts.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

How do you even begin to estimate where the center of something so big is? We dont know how big the universe is and if we dont know how big it is then we cannot know where the center is.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Exactly between night and day. Exactly between one second and another. Exactly between the finest division you can imagine.

This Doesn't Exist.

Here, I'll prove it to you. Go outside and look up at the stars. In any direction you look there are stars. We are exactly in the middle of nothing.

And yet, if you consider that the Universe continues forever in all directions from where we are, then we are in fact in the middle of it all. In double fact everywhere is in the middle of it all.

Now retreat to your digital world where game programs, television and even the clock on the wall have a beginning and end.

Retrain your mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Seems to me that when we cross that galactic plane we may have problems with our current appliances or our basic way of producing/using power. It would seem to me that on the other side of this spiral wave things may be a little reversed. Not sure if that is going to happen but I am interested to see what will be happening. If something like what I am thinking of occurs, we may be out of power for a while. Hold on to a rope if you go outside for a while, gravity may be effected a little.

Now if you believe an old coot like me trying to imagine all possibilities that can occur, you are just as nuts. I often run these kinds of scenarios to try to figure out what I hear. The probability of what I said is very low but it is still possible as far as the research I have read shows. There seems to be no research available to me to prove it wrong, at least in the few thousand articles I have read on this subject. I have shuffled this theory to the side.

I have a feeling that the place we are passing through does have more meteors in it though. That is because the gravity may be more. It seems that there have been more meteors over the last five or so years than before. We started to enter this rift a while back, we probably will be through the worst part in a few years. The meteors we will be seeing from this cosmic dust will be mostly small, it sounds like a real interesting time coming up. More of those fluorescent clouds and natures free fireworks. Why did people start making fireworks a couple of thousand years ago? Probably from observing similar natural events like meteor showers. Monkey see, monkey do....trying to copy what naturally occurs and making it better has always been a trait of modern man. I'm not so sure it is a good trait but it is a trait.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok where does the OP say that this alignment is with the center of the
Universe? I haven't seen that stated once. I can't figure out what made everyone
so mad at the OP ?

A Galaxy is not a Universe.
Galaxies like ours have clearly defined centers whether the view for us is obstructed or not.
The center of ours is thought to have a Super Massive Black Hole. A circle, or a drain if that's better.
We are 2/3 out in the soap bubbles, spiraling around waiting to get sucked down
the "center" of the drain.
edit on 15-12-2012 by sealing because: Why the anger?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Okay, I'll bite. Your idea about things "reversing" when we pass thru to the "other side" of the galactic plane is interesting. Any number of things could happen. Earth's poles could shift. Drains could flow backwards, washing machines could reverse direction.

Here is what might happen if we are not careful.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

It takes 25900 years for the precession, these 2 dates should not be the same.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I am going to do some more pictures for you, they will all be when the Sun is on the Galactic plane, which is 2 times a year from our perspective on Earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity... What date should those images really represent... couldn't get even close to that on my version on Stellarium... thou I'm quite crappy with it..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Exactly. Alignments occur all the time. And nothing happens because of them. What's your point?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Well, in 7 days we'll find out. I don't believe nor disbelieve the hype behind this date, but I do find the alignment at the very least to be worth paying attention to. People seem to either be on one side of the fence or the other.

Anyway, 1 week left.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

another misconception

the time is from 21st to 23rd

not that i believe anything major will happen

but we must at least understand that a so called 'shift' in 'insert whatever you believe here' will occur over a 3 day period and not in one night ie '21st'

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Intriguingly, on Christmas day of the 25th (after three days) there will be a Jovial/Lunar Eclipse meaning that the sun will eclipse Jupiter, King of the Planets, for a period of 15 hours. Another fact and one that I myself find to be not without a certain significance. Full occultation of Jupiter by the moon will only be seen from South America however. And interesting factoid nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VonClaussen

Well you go to the bathroom every day too, the amount you release and the size and shape do change...the significance being...is that you would notice a change, but you wouldn't necessarily understand the relevance unless it was a drastic change.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

The pictures he posted were unique, I could not even duplicate it. I tried. What was weird to me was that I wasn;t trying to and the top picture looks like the All seeing EYE, it was taken from the perspective of the SUN with the Earth in the center. I thought that was very strange. The alignment is the same no matter how you look at it.

More pictures are on the way.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

On Dec. 21st 2012 the sun will rise and appear to align with the dark
rift in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy
The "dark rift" is pretty thick. The Sun has been "aligning" with it on the Solstice for quite a while now.

We should be amazed at the accuracy of the Mayan Calendar
Are you suggesting that somewhere in the calendar it is stated that this "alignment" will occur? Can you provide a source for that?

Yes I know it was close in 2008. But I think for Central America
this is the closest.
It isn't.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Basically we're talking about the Cross.

www.sonoma.edu...

And this is what the mayan calender is all about.

And I have wonder if this is also the Nazi cross, and the celtic druid cross, and the planet of the crossing, and even Christ and the Cross.

If so, the duality would mean to rise above negativity, for we always have a choice. I only see Love/Light and Equality.

I was meditating and picturing all the people in town feeling love for everyone and working together, with the homeless to build wonderful attractive, light filled, glass and green house, solar energy, and abundant cottages, and townhouses, and places for the homeless, and for all in need, and overturning all the controlling laws. Suddenly I saw a marching group of Nazi troops trying to take over my meditation.

So I told them they were not allowed, and saw them all dressed in Buddhist robes, sitting humbly and asking for forgiveness!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I am going to do some more pictures for you, they will all be when the Sun is on the Galactic plane, which is 2 times a year from our perspective on Earth.

Could you guys at the very least get the terminology correct?

Galactic Plane:

The galactic plane is the plane in which the majority of a disk-shaped galaxy's mass lies. The directions perpendicular to the galactic plane point to the galactic poles. Most often, in actual usage, the terms "galactic plane" and "galactic poles" are used to refer specifically to the plane and poles of the Milky Way, which is the galaxy in which the Earth is located.

Since the "Galactic Plane" is where the majority of the galaxy's disk shaped mass lies, it means it has a thickness to it.

How thick?

Milky Way Size and Composition:

The stellar disk of the Milky Way Galaxy is approximately 100,000 ly (31 kpc) in diameter, and is, on average, about 1,000 ly (0.3 kpc) thick.[2]

So the "Galactic Plane" is 1,000 light years thick.

The Galactic Equator is:

The galactic equator is an imaginary great circle that divides the equally imaginary celestial sphere into two equal halves. The celestial sphere is – of course – a fiction. It’s the same fiction that so confounded the early stargazers, that, as seen from Earth, we appear to reside in the center of a great globe of stars. In modern times, the fiction of the geocentric view of the universe enables astronomers to use a workable coordinate system for mapping the sky. It’s handy, but it’s not reality.

No, Earth will not pass through the galactic plane in 2012, contrary to what you might have heard. Earth won’t be physically passing through the plane of the Milky Way galaxy for another 30 million years. However, Earth will cross the galactic equator in 2012. As seen from the sun, the Earth does this every year – twice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join