It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21st, 2012 11:11am GMT - Snapshot from Earth and Sun.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
Anyway, here is a picture or 2 that I found interesting to share with you...

From the Sun...see what I see here?

The alignment you were asking for I think...

Click on the pics to enlarge.

According to Phage, for the last decade during the Winter Solstice, the Earth/Sun alignment has been getting closer to the Galactic plane, and what we have for the 21st is a perfect intersection.

Two things of note: One, that indeed there is a perfect Earth/Sun alignment with the Galactic Plane and two, that while we don't line up perfectly with the Galactic Center, there is an alignment with the Dark Rift near the center of the Galaxy.

Therefore the Mayan Calendar was accurate.

The only question being whether their calendar depicted a cycle within a cycle denoting something that the ancient Egyptians called "The Great Year" which could be a reference to the cycle of the Precession of the Equinoxes, and/or another great cycle.

Point being that the 2012 "turning point" isn't just a bunch of nonsense, and the Mayan calendar predictive ability holds leading me to suspect that the beginning and end date actually describes a galactic cycle and turning point of the ages.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, in 7 days we'll find out. I don't believe nor disbelieve the hype behind this date, but I do find the alignment at the very least to be worth paying attention to. People seem to either be on one side of the fence or the other.

Anyway, 1 week left.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Well, in 7 days we'll find out. I don't believe nor disbelieve the hype behind this date, but I do find the alignment at the very least to be worth paying attention to. People seem to either be on one side of the fence or the other.

What do mean "we'll find out" in 7 days? That's just what happens in terms of the celestial alignment, it doesn't mean anything's going to "happen" in terms of something perceptible and if nothing manifests outwardly as an "event" neither will it mean that we haven't reached the great turning point in the ages, at the end of The Great Year and the beginning of a new one.

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Do you have a source for those pictures? What kind of software was used? It looks like good quality, but in order to put more weight into these claims, I'd need to see for myself whether this decade-long trend is indeed real.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

You'd have to ask the maker of the pics BrokenAngelWings33, who said that everything's documented on the photo itself. I did ask her just that question. Here it is with her reply.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Anyway, here is a picture or 2 that I found interesting to share with you...

From the Sun...see what I see here?

The alignment you were asking for I think...

Hey could you elaborate on this, what software you used, what parameters, and precisely what we're looking at here, thanks. It's really cool, the galactic plane!

stellarium.org...'s is one of several programs available..I like it...the parameters of each picture are located at the bottom, field of view, location picture is taken from, time and date. At the top left it will tell you what is highlighted in the center of each picture.

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hmmm. This link does not bode well for the OP's claims - www.2012hoax.org.... Biased, but they use primary sources when needed from my experience, instead of second-hand sources.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Only in regards to the "dark rift", perhaps..

Do you realize how accurate their calendar was, and is?

Would not the the calendars beginning and end date therefore have some significance?

It is also my understanding that the calendar worked backwards from the end date, and that the dark rift alignment was important in that regard.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Is there a way to look at december 21, 2012, and then look at august 11, 3113BC, and compare the pictures? Are they the same? They should be...

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

According to Phage, for the last decade during the Winter Solstice, the Earth/Sun alignment has been getting closer to the Galactic plane, and what we have for the 21st is a perfect intersection.

Bullcrap. I said no such thing and I resent you saying I did. I said the "alignment" has been about the same for decades. It will not be "perfect" and if anything it was closer in 2008. Here is the animation I posted.

You've been sucked in to the 2012 crap. Leave it alone. Don't misquote me. And isn't two threads about that stupid video enough for one person?
edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here's what you said

Originally posted by Phage

Yes. It would be aligned in both directions since it's all in one plane. But so what? It happens all the time. It just so happens that for the past couple of decades its been occurring on the winter solstice.

For the past couple of decades its been occuring on the winter solstice when we were referring to the intersection between solstice and galactic plane (the context ie: the photos).

My mistake, not the last decade, but the last two decades, it just so happens to be occuring on the winter solstice that there's this intersection with the galactic plane..

That's fine, and in your opinion clearly it's nothing but a coincidence or a mere happenstance.

Forgive me if I somehow placed your words in a different context (honestly) as if to somehow support the 2012 rubbish (from your POV), my apologies, but I did keep it "clean" and true to form in regards to what you actually did say, the only exception being that in your view, it's meaningless, and it's just by coincidence or chance that for the past couple of decades it (the solstice intersection with the galactic plane) has occurred.

For the record, I didn't just put words in your mouth out of thin air, and I really didn't misquote you, with the exception that it was a couple of decades and not just the last decade.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry I did say you said it was getting closer and closer, as if to imply something that you did not say.

My sincere apologies, that's not right.

I was close though..? You said it's been hovering around the galactic plane the solstices over the last couple of decades, no biggie.

Anyway, I shouldn't have done that and I apologize. Won't happen again, I promise and I'm a civilized guy in the end.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Bullcrap. I said no such thing and I resent you saying I did. I said the "alignment" has been about the same for decades. It will not be "perfect" and if anything it was closer in 2008. Here is the animation I posted.

You've been sucked in to the 2012 crap. Leave it alone. Don't misquote me. And isn't two threads about that stupid video enough for one person?

OP, just got pwned.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

What do mean "we'll find out" in 7 days? That's just what happens in terms of the celestial alignment, it doesn't mean anything's going to "happen" in terms of something perceptible and if nothing manifests outwardly as an "event" neither will it mean that we haven't reached the great turning point in the ages, at the end of The Great Year and the beginning of a new one.

I was pointing out that all the conversation & hype surrounding Dec 21 will be [mostly] resolved in a week. I don't believe an ascension or doomsday will happen, but I'm not going to state anything as a fact. What we'll find out is whether or not any significant noticeable event occurs; and even if one doesn't, the times we live in show signs of a changing era.

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

OP, just got pwned.

Huuuuuuurrrr, the op just got done pwnd huuurrrr!.

Another example of the #e that has infested ATS, add nothing to the conversation and mock the author. Who'd have thought this site was once a safe place to talk about these subjects without being mocked by idiots who like to arse-lick notoriously obnoxious members.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the author, resorting with "lololol the op just to pwned" is pathetic.
edit on 15-12-2012 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'll tell you whats happening on earth that is very significant to December 21st, 2012 that shows there is something happening, a worldwide awakening. I mean think about it Y2K wasn't even this popular and if it was then i'm sorry for saying it wasn't but i'm pretty our whole planet finds the 21st a very significant day, almost like a new holiday celebrated by all religions. Maybe the birth of a new age where we don't take crap from any government officials anymore. I seriously doubt that its just gonna be another day. I will not and can not believe it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

There'll be a collective sigh of relief at the very least that's for sure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join