It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I own guns so i may kill a tyrant, I am waiting to kill a tyrant.
I also use them as toys and food gathering implements as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We might as well ban steak knives too. A guy in China just went on a rampage injuring 20 Kindergarten students with a knife.

People who believe banning guns will magically make gun crimes disappear are the most disillusioned and foolish people out there.. Just throw logic out the window.

The state where this shooting happened has VERY strict gun laws. People who have the intent of harming others will stop at nothing to do so. If guns are illegal, they'll acquire them illegally. When you put a sign up that says "Gun Free Zone" it is telling all the criminals that there is a population of unarmed victims in the establishment.

When you find an effective way to rid the WORLD of guns, then I'll consider handing over mine. As long as guns are out there, in any shape or form, legally or illegally, they will be acquired by thugs and murderers. If they can have them, then so can I.

I highly doubt a ban would work in even removing guns from those who legally own them already. You think people will just hand their firearms over willingly? Hell no they won't.

You should also ban cannabis and take it away from medicinal users because some unmotivated waste of life used marijuana and blamed all of his problems on it. Why don't we ban cars too? How about Alcohol? Fast food?

They are responsible for more deaths nationwide than Guns..

The gun isn't the problem. It's a broken system. A system in which we are all separated and divided. We live in a world that glorifies and immortalizes violent and hatred acts. The problem is us. The problem is people are so complacent. I'm not supporting any of the actions of the shooter, but what drives a man to commit such a heinous act? A society that has failed to recognize a problem and attempt to fix it. We are so fixated on things like wealth, material and the status quo that we often forget to appreciate or recognize one another. We are all so fixated on the rat race, even those of us who feel "enlightened", that we have separated ourselves from what we are; social creatures. We are creatures that require friendship and love.

To fix these problems we don't need to ban firearms. We need to pay attention to one another. We need to work together towards common goals and find value in people for who and what they are. We need to focus our energy on identifying those with problems and disturbances. I feel for the families of these victims on the deepest level. Every time something like this happens I feel partially guilty for perpetuating the sick society we're all a part of. I hurt for these victims and I also wonder what we're doing wrong as a society when a man feels his only option is to murder innocent children and ultimately take his own life.

This isn't about guns. This is about people growing callous and desensitized. Humanity needs to change, or this sort of violence will continue to happen and probably at an increasing rate.

link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
reply to post by macman

even better than that, I live in the UK, up until the early 20th century we had NO gun control and gun crime was relatively unheard of!

Something has gone wrong with people over the last 100 years, morally degraded and increasing alcohol and drug (both legal and illegal) are the main culprits, I'm convinced

No mate, it's not booze or drugs...the main problem is disparity.

Or, put another way, filthy money and the slippery slope to boiling resentment it brings.

link   
reply to post by DAZ21

no one wants to be like the uk. telling the americans to ban guns is the most pointless thing you could ever try and argue. they would start a war banning them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So here I am sitting watching the news, I see a young boy talking about how he “saw and heard” the bullets of a gun man. The headline below this innocent child’s face reads “27 people killed in Connecticut shooting, 18 children”.

I am not to beat about the bush hear but as a British guy looking in on this I am shocked, there have been more of these type of mass shootings this year than I can count. Every month I am seeing some state governor passing on his heartfelt condolences to the families of the dead.

How about this instead America rather than having your leaders “apologise” to all the dead families how about you do this? Get out of the Wild West and the 18th century and BAN THE GUN!!! You are not cowboys anymore, you are not John Rambo the British are not about to invade you.

For the “guns don’t kill people, people do”, stop hiding behind an old cliché, if you lot bothered with proper gun control I would not be watching this disturbing story.

To be clear, I am not saying ban all guns or ban the gun overnight, what I am saying is that you lot need to grow up and some proper gun regulation. You need gun reform, it’s very simple, none of you gun enthusiasts needs 40 guns with 1200 rounds of ammunition.

Stop hiding behind that ancient bit of paper, your constitution, you all need to grow a set and sort out your gun problem before you have anoter 18 dead kids, who knows next time it could be one of yours, I pray it is not and i pray for the families of those affected

Repeal the 2nd amendment ... at least that would be the legal way to do things as opposed to the current pee on the constitution method used by our legislators.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My prayers go out to the families and friends of these children and teachers.

To say that this is a result of not enough gun control is to be uninformed, willfully or not.

Example:

My research See this thread indicates that less gun control produces less violent crime.

On Jan. 16, 2002, Peter Odighizuwa, a 43-year-old student from Nigeria, walked into the Appalachian School of Law offices of Dean Anthony Sutin, 42, a former acting assistant U.S. attorney, and professor Thomas Blackwell, 41, and opened fire with a .380 ACP semi-automatic handgun – shooting them at close range.
Also killed in the same building was student Angela Denise Dales, 33. Three others were wounded.

As soon as the gunfire erupted, two students acting independently of one another, Tracy Bridges and Mikael Gross, ran to their vehicles to retrieve firearms. Gross, an off-duty police officer in his home state of North Carolina, got his 9mm pistol and body armor. Bridges got out his .357 Magnum.
Bridges and Gross went back to the building where the shots were heard and as Odighizuwa exited, they approached from different angles. Bridges yelled for him to drop his weapon and the shooter was subdued by several unarmed students.

Gross went back to his car and got handcuffs to detain the shooter until police arrived.
Most news reports of the incident failed to mention the presence of two armed students and their role in subduing the shooter, saying only that he was tackled by bystanders.

Odighizuwa was tried for the murders and sentenced to multiple life terms in prison.

Virginia Tech, like many of the nation's schools and college campuses, is a so-called "gun-free zone," which Second Amendment supporters say invites gun violence – especially from disturbed individuals seeking to kill as many victims as possible.
Foreign-born student Cho Seung-Hui murdered 32 and wounded another 15 before turning his gun on himself.
A year earlier, the Virginia legislature banned all guns on campus in the interest of safety.
www.wnd.com...
April 22, 2007 © 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

While pro-gun control advocates may believe they are improving safety, they are actually depriving honest people of the ability to defend themselves against criminals. Evidence shows that Increases in gun control have a direct connection to increases in violent crime rates (including rape).

The police cannot be everywhere. It is your responsibility to defend yourself and any others you see in danger.

This is what the second amendment is about, and in my humble opinion why there is such a push to eliminate it in any way possible.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

* Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18]

www.justfacts.com...#[18]

Yeah, because self defense never happens with a firearm.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
We might as well ban steak knives too. A guy in China just went on a rampage injuring 20 Kindergarten students with a knife.

Bingo!!! Ding ding ding.

Injured not dead.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
reply to post by DAZ21

no one wants to be like the uk. telling the americans to ban guns is the most pointless thing you could ever try and argue. they would start a war banning them.

Let's not turn this thread into a UK banging...i'm from the UK too, and very proud of it. I'm also very pro-guns, especially when looking at the wider, more important issues of ensuring liberty for the everyday citizen.

It's not a UK Vs US thing if an English person decides to rant about his or her anti-gun views...it just means that particular English person hasn't really thought his or her position through.

Peace.

link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
reply to post by macman

even better than that, I live in the UK, up until the early 20th century we had NO gun control and gun crime was relatively unheard of!

Something has gone wrong with people over the last 100 years, morally degraded and increasing alcohol and drug (both legal and illegal) are the main culprits, I'm convinced

No mate, it's not booze or drugs...the main problem is disparity.

Or, put another way, filthy money and the slippery slope to boiling resentment it brings.

I just had a huge conversation about this yesterday with a friend. The social divides and class separation is such a huge problem with society. We no longer measure men on character, but by the dollars in their wallet. The poor hate the rich, and the rich hate the poor. If we can't even get along among ourselves, then how are we to fix the problems that plague society to reach a goal that benefits all humans?

link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Before someone mentions that small town where gun ownership is mandatory, its not actually. Read the law and it says if you dont want one you dont have to have one, in effect its no different than anywhere else in the US.
Yes the crime rate there is low but so is every other town with 30,000 or less residents.

Yeah I wonder why the crime rate is so low??

Maybe it is due to an armed society??? Nah, can't be. Just a coincidence huh??
Ever been to that Town in GA???? I have.
Do you want to know why the crime rate is so low??? Or do you just want to march to your anti drum beat?

Its a fact that crime rates in small towns are always lower than big cities, its true for everywhere in the world not just your little gun haven

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hello?

Religious nut here and most gun owners pray the day never comes when they will ever face the choice of protecting their lives or the lives of their loved ones.

That is the difference between the average gun owner and the criminal the average gun owner seeks protection of life where as the criminal gets theirs for the taking of life.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Oh boy. You have watched too many movies there bubba.

I guess that being shot automatically means you die.
And I bet you believe that when a car flips, it explodes and that shooting a gas tank gets you an explosion as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Are you saying Knives can't kill people? Are you saying people don't KILL with knives? LOL

A knife is every bit as dangerous as a gun. Weapons are only as dangerous to people as the people wielding them. That is the logic you are missing.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ban attacks on the second amendment.

An armed population is a population protected from a tyranical government.

Maybe in the 19th century, but today, a tyrannical government leads by pen, not by bullet. Frankly, a host of ACLU lawyers is far more effective than a handgun.

In saying that, pandora's box is already opened for the US. You can't ban guns now due to ultimately only the ones needing the removal keeping them anyhow...which means that only non law breakers would obey the law.

But things can be done...no extended mags, raise the price on ammo, better tracking methods, etc.

But lets not pretend that the 2nd amendment has any bearing on government now. Guns are used for 4 purposes...hunting, sport, home protection, and assulting citizens...thats pretty much it. Nobody (in their right mind) is stockpiling weapons for a day when the US will be invaded, or the government decides to start whatever (human sacrifices lets say). Some nuts do (wako), but otherwise...ya..thats not a issue

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tried telling them the same thing and they won't listen, they believe that if they can own guns they will shoot the shooters, which blatantly hasn't happened over the recent shootings.

So get ready to face a whole bunch of cowboys.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

That's because schools are "gun free zones" moron. Gosh, that didn't deter the CRIMINAL, did it?

CRIMINALS don't care about LAWS. You and your bleeding heart idealism are not going to stop a criminal from committing a crime, and banning guns are not going to make guns magically disappear. Remember, alcohol was banned once, too. Remember how it "disappeared"?

edit on 14-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Moron?

So how did the gunmen enter the school gun free zone? It's not a gun repellent, just because it's a gun free zone doesn't mean you can't walk in with a gun.

So I'm sure someone could have gone in and tried to be the hero, some of you think you are.

That's not the point though, maybe there wasn't anyone present with a gun to help.

The fact is though, this gun free zone wasn't very gun free was it?

You've just driven home my point. Kudos.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Hello

Gun nut here I have yet to kill anyone with my guns, oh and there are a few othre hundred million like me.

There is some "logic" for consumption anyone have a problem with me and my guns feel free, anyone who tries to take that constitutional right is nothing but fascist.

Good for you and the other 100 million

So if having 1/3 of your population armed is such a good and safe thing how come the US has by far the highest rate of gun deaths in the world?
Something like 4 times higher than your closeest rival to the claim

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Gun bans? Ancient scrap of paper?.Wrong, you all just don't get it.We have been sciologically attacked,the intent was to break us up.To separate us from faith and each other and destroy community.It's easy to destroy what you don't know or don't WANT to know.
Many people out there on the edge,some cared for, aren't talking.They are sitting there in their own minds melting down,and they don't talk about. That is a symptom of our separation.
It's just about to be completed. So as things pick up and more shootings occur,We will do our own thinking,We 'COWBOYS" have been the strongest thing holding this together.What I don't know is:will corrections be made to those who govern us or will it be taken from them?
The UKs ground defensive forces are standing down soon aren't they? Good thing we still love the fatherland or you might be speaking another language.And comparing the Constitution to a Monarchy Ill take my paper as I wish.
If you do follow faith pray.
If things continue this way, all we are discussing here is those who believe in traditional America and those who want to dismantle it.

link   

Originally posted by Donahue
reply to post by DAZ21

Let's not turn this thread into a UK banging...i'm from the UK too, and very proud of it. I'm also very pro-guns, especially when looking at the wider, more important issues of ensuring liberty for the everyday citizen.

It's not a UK Vs US thing if an English person decides to rant about his or her anti-gun views...it just means that particular English person hasn't really thought his or her position through.

Peace.

I have thought it through, have you?

When did we last have a mass shooting? It's alright I'm not in any rush, come back to me when you've done the research.

link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Hello

Gun nut here I have yet to kill anyone with my guns, oh and there are a few othre hundred million like me.

There is some "logic" for consumption anyone have a problem with me and my guns feel free, anyone who tries to take that constitutional right is nothing but fascist.

Good for you and the other 100 million

So if having 1/3 of your population armed is such a good and safe thing how come the US has by far the highest rate of gun deaths in the world?
Something like 4 times higher than your closeest rival to the claim

This is a dumb argument. You have to look at population ratios, and also factor in other deaths: stabbings, strangulations, poison, etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join