It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the Gun, Repeal the Second Amendment.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Violent crimes don't always result in death. Now lets look at the deaths created by these violent crimes and watch the US come top trumps.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by MysterX
Ban attacks on the second amendment.

An armed population is a population protected from a tyranical government.

People die and are injured much more in vehicle crashes...why don't you try and ban those and leave the people's protection alone.

You've done a remarkable job so far of protecting yourselves from a tyrannical government. Tell me, how do you expect you'd use your automatic weapons against tanks, fighter jets, chemical and biological weapons, a standing army of hundreds of thousands of highly trained and heavily armed men and women, drones, intelligence agencies...

You're delusional. There is NO CHANCE IN HELL you or any other American is gonna use your rights to defend yourselves against that kind of government. To use that as a repeated excuse is not only pathetic, it's laughable in the extreme.

Also, the Second Amendment was written at a time when the most powerful gun was hand loaded, shot maybe a few hundred feet, and was capable of killing maybe one person ever thirty seconds at a major push.

If those people back then could see what their amendment was excusing they would be sick, disgusted, they would repeal that faster than you can say "NRA!"

American's who use the Second Amendment to excuse their ownership of high-powered assault weapons are living in cloud cuckoo land. You;ll use anything at all to excuse your arrogance and insanity, and no number of dead babies will ever persuade you that you might possibly be wrong.

I'll say it again, those who wrote the Second Amendment would be sick to see the kind of thing people like you are defending. They would be ashamed of what they had allowed to happen. If they could come back right now they would be on a podium, crying their eyes out and demanding that all assault weapons be outlawed immediately.

If you don't think that's true, you really are truly delusional and an insult to those who founded your country.

Bang on.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Well then maybe we should have to renew our guns license every 2 years then.
You have to for driving a car so why not for a gun. Look Im not saying it would help but could it hurt?
Maybe you could create a few jobs. Is there a national database for gun ownership?

link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yeah, because no society has EVER taken on and held their own against an over powering Govt that had them out gunned.

Sure sure.

Love to hear the Progressive Liberal ideals here.

What are you talking about?

People overthrow their governments WITHOUT mass gun ownership. Libya, Syria, Egypt... none of those countries had gun ownership like the USA. And yet they managed.

So what's your argument?

If the American people ever did overthrow their government it would be with outside help, not with a few million nutters with high powered assault rifles.

I don't know why I'm bothering, because all you rabid Republicans are the same - ignore the facts and common sense, just wave around outdated scraps of paper in defence of your own insanity, but only when it suits your own freedoms and screw everyone else.

Tell me, when does your right to own a gun you'll never need less important than the rights of other Americans to live in peace and security without the threat that someone might burst in and kill them all at any moment?

link   
I have noticed a few themes emerging from the pro-gun group.

I respect that there is a tradition of gun ownership in America; it’s like drinking whisky for us Scots. Yes I recognise that many legally own guys for recreational purposes and for personal defence. I can understand that but surly you must agree that something desperately needs to be done there have been so many mass shootings this year, something must be done.

There is also this odd argument that states “knifes, care and energy drinks kill…. Should we ban them” My answer is no and the comparison is unfair. These mass shootings would not happen with such frequency if America had the same type of gun regulation as us Brits. Sure knifes kill and so do cars, but it’s very rare that you read about 18 kids being killed as the result of a mass knife attack.

Then there are those who write about tyranny, guys you live in the 21st century you need to grow up and face facts the Russians are not about to invade and your government is not going to turn against you all.

A place to start would be to reinstate the ban on assault firearms.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You've done a remarkable job so far of protecting yourselves from a tyrannical government. Tell me, how do you expect you'd use your automatic weapons against tanks, fighter jets, chemical and biological weapons, a standing army of hundreds of thousands of highly trained and heavily armed men and women, drones, intelligence agencies...

You're delusional. There is NO CHANCE IN HELL you or any other American is gonna use your rights to defend yourselves against that kind of government. To use that as a repeated excuse is not only pathetic, it's laughable in the extreme.

Also, the Second Amendment was written at a time when the most powerful gun was hand loaded, shot maybe a few hundred feet, and was capable of killing maybe one person ever thirty seconds at a major push.

If those people back then could see what their amendment was excusing they would be sick, disgusted, they would repeal that faster than you can say "NRA!"

American's who use the Second Amendment to excuse their ownership of high-powered assault weapons are living in cloud cuckoo land. You;ll use anything at all to excuse your arrogance and insanity, and no number of dead babies will ever persuade you that you might possibly be wrong.

I'll say it again, those who wrote the Second Amendment would be sick to see the kind of thing people like you are defending. They would be ashamed of what they had allowed to happen. If they could come back right now they would be on a podium, crying their eyes out and demanding that all assault weapons be outlawed immediately.

If you don't think that's true, you really are truly delusional and an insult to those who founded your country.

Well said mate, shame most across the pond can't see it the same way

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Because the Us does not have the "highest rate" in the world

en.wikipedia.org...

By why lets facts enter in to the conversation this is ats where dogma reigns supreme.

Never said it had the highest "rate"

I said it had the highest total which it does.

If I did use the word "rate" in any of my posts it was merely a slip, whichever way you look at it the US has way to many gun deaths

There are other places in the world that has more
edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Your right, it would appear my figures are out of date.

Your 4th in total behind Brazil, Columbia and Mexico

I guess guns are safe after all

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You really think those countries in the ME and African continent don't have high gun ownership???

You really have no clue and it is embarrassing, as you usually hold your own pretty well during debates.

Both areas have a gun culture even more so then the US.
Ask any returned Vet that has been there.
Children carry AKs in mass in those areas.

Or, how about this little creation www.foxnews.com...

Yeah, no guns huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The problem is not that there are guns. The problem is there are NOT ENOUGH guns!.Because of the gun control lobby there were no guns to take this guy down! The principle and two teachers coming out of his office if they had weapons would have ended it. The shooter WAS taken down by a gun only it took to long to get there. Gun free zones allow a person with a gun to have free reign. If the teachers had been armed this would have never happened the way it did. When you do not allow people to be armed and they get shot down you do not have the right to say "if we take MORE guns away from good people this won't happen." Do me a favor. Blame the RIGHT people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

In Canada there is a national database for guns! It was an abysmal failure and costed billions! Most people didn't register. But they register all new gun purchases. Still, it's in the works of being tossed out.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So when shall you dismantle your own nation's military defences? It's guns are not needed for defence then lets see that first...

Time for you to start your campaign to disarm the british military, or as you said above remove all of the military's assault weapons, tanks, aircraft, and naval forces?

Start in your own backyard buddy...or do you realise that the UK would then be defenceless?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

A place to start would be to reinstate the ban on assault firearms.

That has nothing to do with anything.

Violent crime rates didn't flinch with the AWB implemented from Clinton.

There is no such thing as an assault weapon. Any weapon can be used to assault.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

The problem is not that there are guns. The problem is there are NOT ENOUGH guns!.Because of the gun control lobby there were no guns to take this guy down!

Oh wow..... see this is what we're talking about.

Let's say someone has Cancer... and then someone says "hey, let's give them more cancer to combat and kill the cancer they already have"

And then more... and more.

This is your logic.

It's retarded.

link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

So when shall you dismantle your own nation's military defences? It's guns are not needed for defence then lets see that first...

I am talking about civilian ownership of guns not about the use of arms for the military, a state’s ability to defend itself is necessary to secure its sovereignty

So no I will not be calling for the disarmament of British Armed Forces.

link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by DAZ21

I tried telling them the same thing and they won't listen, they believe that if they can own guns they will shoot the shooters, which blatantly hasn't happened over the recent shootings.

So get ready to face a whole bunch of cowboys.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

That's because schools are "gun free zones" moron. Gosh, that didn't deter the CRIMINAL, did it?

CRIMINALS don't care about LAWS. You and your bleeding heart idealism are not going to stop a criminal from committing a crime, and banning guns are not going to make guns magically disappear. Remember, alcohol was banned once, too. Remember how it "disappeared"?

edit on 14-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Moron?

So how did the gunmen enter the school gun free zone? It's not a gun repellent, just because it's a gun free zone doesn't mean you can't walk in with a gun.

So I'm sure someone could have gone in and tried to be the hero, some of you think you are.

That's not the point though, maybe there wasn't anyone present with a gun to help.

The fact is though, this gun free zone wasn't very gun free was it?

You've just driven home my point. Kudos.

This just made my day and proved to me that some people have a total breakdown in logic. The LAW ABIDING citizens will ABIDE by the LAW of the signs posted. A criminal will not. Arm the criminal and leave the innocent as fish in a barrel.

Oh, I see. You are saying that because there are restrictive laws that prohibit guns on schools, that criminals will disregard those laws, that we must now ban all guns so that criminals won't have them to commit these kinds of crimes?

Okay.. breakdown in logic. GOTCHA.

I think we should ban alcohol again. Since YOU weren't in charge of it last time, I'm sure it would work much better this time if YOU run things.

Breakdown in logic indeed.

No I'm saying banning guns would do NOTHING to stop gun crimes.

I was agreeing with you. I was saying the other guy was being illogical by disregarding the fact that Criminals don't obey the law but the innocent do.

link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

We all know how safe schools,malls, and theatres are those "gun free zones".

then again a gun can sit on a shelf for 100 years and never hurt anyone takes a person behind that trigger that many people just can't admit.

Some people love to blame things instead of the action that is already illegal.

edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The UK anti-gun people have conveniently ignored my point.

How safe would their little island be, if it bordered on Brazil?

I think I would know the answer.

They keep trying to use their island, which is the size of one of our states, and compare it to the US.

that would be like trying to compare Tibet to China.

link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Never been to the US so no I havent been to that town.

Thanks, that answers everything.
No further questions needed.

Care to enlighten me on how thats relevant?

link   

If the American people ever did overthrow their government it would be with outside help, not with a few million nutters with high powered assault rifles.

Yeah, really??? Ok then sure sure.

I don't know why I'm bothering, because all you rabid Republicans are the same - ignore the facts and common sense, just wave around outdated scraps of paper in defence of your own insanity, but only when it suits your own freedoms and screw everyone else.

Ah, but you are wrong again, and I have state to you before I am not a Republican. But, just as usual, ignore the facts and march on the road of Progressivism because it makes you feel good.
Scraps of paper, yeah I did forget. The rabid Liberal Progressive gnashes his teeth.

Tell me, when does your right to own a gun you'll never need less important than the rights of other Americans to live in peace and security without the threat that someone might burst in and kill them all at any moment?

Oh,, that piece of paper with those amendment thingies.

I have yet to have anyone not live in peace and security around me, with me owning firearms.

link   
reply to post by blupblup

Wanna try again?

How about calling the guys with guns to take care of the guy with guns.

Awesome logic there.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join