It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by flyswatter

I am wondering if this is another Columbine and someone was picking on his kid.

That idea only works if they go after a single person or a small group, unless it was the whole class but then that's almost as messed up as the shooting itself.

I'm thinking divorced parent that was about to loose their kid to the other parent. But than it makes not since to bring another shooter with them. The whole two shooters throws me, I can think of all kind of reason for one person to go off the deep end. But for two people to team up and to take out a school. Even if they're nuts there is always a thought process to stuff like this. Even if it makes no since to the sane.

link   
it says a second body found IN the suspects HOME.......i hope its not his wife and child too

link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Its likley the 20 year old was a worker/ex worker-as the door had a buzz in system-he must have been recognised,and allowed inside.

-he had up to 4 weapons,says sky news UK.

I am hearing reports that he was a father of one of the students. But that is just hear-say.

link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Coulda shot the lock off.

link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Thank you...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Parents in CT are picking up their kids from school. Everyone is freaking out.

Children couldn't go out to recess and teachers telling them it is "too windy"

link   
I read on Yahoo where they think there were multiple shooters. If so, I'm wondering if this could possibly be terrorist related. Just thinking out loud here, but it's always been a fear of mine that they'd attack a defenseless school.

My heart goes out to everyone in Connecticut. This is just a sickening thing to see happening.
I'll never understand the mentality of someone who could hurt children. It makes my blood boil.

link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I hope to heck this isn't some kid who got a gun from their parent and brought it to school with them. I'm going to go read now.

I hope all the kids make it home safe and back to their parents.This is just outrageous. Especially an elementary school.

Way too young....

.....as opposed to some adult getting a gun from their kid and took it to school. Agh... girls....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My heart is racing out of anger, sadness, and fear that this could happen anywhere, including where my children go to school.
They were the most innocent of possible victims... The survivors are victims as well, massive emotional trauma that could change them forever... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link   
reply to post by paradism

The wind probably saved a lot of lives I think. Imagine if the rampage started during a recess outside, then moved inside....

link   
CBS News' Bob Orr on WCBS: Multiple search warrants being carried out in connection with CT mass shooting

link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I read on Yahoo where they think there were multiple shooters. If so, I'm wondering if this could possibly be terrorist related. Just thinking out loud here, but it's always been a fear of mine that they'd attack a defenseless school.

My heart goes out to everyone in Connecticut. This is just a sickening thing to see happening.
I'll never understand the mentality of someone who could hurt children. It makes my blood boil.

Kids got killed.. Its terror related, without question. Maybe they weren't 'ARAB' but they were still TERRORISTS.

link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

i looked for that do you have a link to that

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Man this is just tragic..... those poor kids

They're just discussing now on TV about how high schools have metal detectors etc and how the unthinkable may happen and they may have to install them in primary/elementary schools.

*sigh*

link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by shaneslaughta

i looked for that do you have a link to that

twitter.com...

link   
reply to post by unphased

Only if you apply the new age version of terrorism, which means anything bad = terrorism.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I agree with metal detectors. They should be standard in all schools. No one gets in without going through it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have a gut feeling TPTB felt the mall shooting wasn't bad enough and activated another sleeper to do this.

They are saying the dead shooter was in his early 20's same as the Mall shooter, same as the Aurora shooter.

It's like they needed to drive the point home, that they think guns need to go away.

This event will spark an anti gun outcry like never before. Brace yourselves because the fight against guns is on now, in full swing and i will bet you even the GOP will get behind it this time. They already lost their voters with the 2012 election and how they handled it (they didn't).

This event will be a tipping point for a lot of people.

My prayers for those families in Conn.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by phantomjack

I agree with metal detectors. They should be standard in all schools. No one gets in without going through it.

Except for students... right?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm 5000 miles away from Newtown but something die in me this day

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join