It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

From news reports ( i'm going with bbc 24) it's one with links to the school, a former pupil there. Absolutly horrific. There's got to be some kind of change after this.

link   

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Its likley the 20 year old was a worker/ex worker-as the door had a buzz in system-he must have been recognised,and allowed inside.

-he had up to 4 weapons,says sky news UK.

I am hearing reports that he was a father of one of the students. But that is just hear-say.

If so, then the father was only 14 yrs old when the child was conceived. That doesn't sound very likely. I suspect that there'll be further information that contradicts that report.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
1) About metal detectors. You're right. The metal detectors would have stopped these bastards. No wait, that's actually a pretty ignorant idea. Maybe the "no weapons on school grounds" sign should have been bigger. Maybe if the shooters knew that guns weren't allowed, they wouldn't have brought the guns in the first place. Please.

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I just turned on media for the first time today - and this story was the first image I saw.

God help us all.

Heff it's absolutely crazy cuz it hasn't even been a full week since you and I were exchanging thoughts on the Clackamas shooting.....

Where I live - if you kill babies, you're an a-class bitch..

link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Its likley the 20 year old was a worker/ex worker-as the door had a buzz in system-he must have been recognised,and allowed inside.

-he had up to 4 weapons,says sky news UK.

I am hearing reports that he was a father of one of the students. But that is just hear-say.

If so, then the father was only 14 yrs old when the child was conceived. That doesn't sound very likely. I suspect that there'll be further information that contradicts that report.

I heard reports of a 24 year old BEFORE I heard of a 20 year old...

but damn, I'm 20... that's crazy

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Please don't post facebook pages. You might not have the right person and you could be opening up innocent people to a lot of BS by doing that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm wondering if there's a similar reason to the shooting as Dunblane in Scotland. The murderer there was an ex scout leader who'd been banned due to his dubious interest in children. Obviously very mentally damaged individual.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Ryan Lanza is being reported as the shooter. Just did a quick Google Search and found his name on a 2004 11th grade honor roll for Newton high school.

Honor student killing people WTF!

Any info about any possible mental instability?
Any possible triggers for this kind of behavior?
At work, can't really surf the net like that.

link   
reply to post by antonia

The page posted has already been taken down. Talk about moving fast. Holt smokes.

link   
TWO gunmen? How the hell does THAT conversation start.
"Hey, John... would you like to take a gun an help me shoot up an elementary school?"
"Sure, Steve!" WTF?!

Whats that over there?

Oh, that's the digging crew. They're making a special 8th level of Hell for those two.

link   
I have a 5 year old. I can't stop crying. What kind of evil shoots babies.

All I can do is pray But what do you pray for?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
SNIP

If it is...check out his likes.....

This is so damn sad....how can people hurt innocent children....

Des
edit on 12/14/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by TKDRL

The simple purpose of terrorism is to upset a population and make them feel insecure. Control through fear.

So yes, it certainly is an act of terrorism.

How do we know the purpose was terrorism? The purpose should be defined by the one committing the act, not by those trying to figure it all out.

Maybe he doesnt care about making people feel insecure, maybe he was mentally unstable.

link   
Dead shooter used to live in the newtown area when he was a kid.
edit on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:22:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Originally posted by primus2012
My heart is racing out of anger, sadness, and fear that this could happen anywhere, including where my children go to school.
They were the most innocent of possible victims... The survivors are victims as well, massive emotional trauma that could change them forever... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think everyone is in a state of shock, but do not fear. Fear is the little mind killer...it crushes the capacity for rational thought in bad situations...never yield to fear. Sadness, yes...anger...if controlled...but never fear.

My 'concern" is that more and more people are going to pop a gasket in the next week....this event and it's coverage may actually be a catalyst for others who think the world is going to end so "why not?"...that is something people should be concerned with...

Do not fear...become the sentinel...let your emotions drive your senses to be more keen and aware...not dulled and chaotic.

Considering the similar thing in China that happened within the last 24 hours, I have a gut feeling telling me we will see more insanity before next Friday...people can be crazy and all the hype over this meaningless date is popping the brains of some of them...and will until the date is past.

I can't help the fear... I'm a dad of a child in elementary school right now. Every parent has done the "what if" I'm sure. I'll calm down eventually.

link   
It's Happening

Please any and everybody can you post ANY reports of:

-a 24 year old gunman
-man arrested in school
-man arrested in woods

They are ONLY reporting on one guy now!!

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Shooter used to live in the newtown area when he was a kid.

Yup and in 2004 he was a honor roll 11th grader at Newtown High School. From honor rolls to mass murderer.

link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
CBS News confirms CT gunman's mother was a teacher at the elementary school, she is among those dead

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join