It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Second person is still being questioned, but initial reports are saying that police do not believe he was involved at this point.

Officials are saying that one of the parents of the shooter is the person that is dead in the house in New Jersey. They say this person was shot, but no other details about it yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Now saying the shooters parent (not sure if mother or father) has been found shot dead in their home in NJ
edit on 14-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Shooters name - Ryan Lanza
edit on 14-12-2012 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

link   
Connecticut Post: 29 dead, including 22 children, in Newtown

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The simple purpose of terrorism is to upset a population and make them feel insecure. Control through fear.

So yes, it certainly is an act of terrorism.

link   

link   
I'm sick about this. Just went and picked up my 5 yr old and I'm in Tx. I just wanted him home.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just turned on media for the first time today - and this story was the first image I saw.

God help us all.

link   
reply to post by Mugen

Was this really necessary? There are very young dead children involved FFS!

edit on 14-12-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by phantomjack

I agree with metal detectors. They should be standard in all schools. No one gets in without going through it.

Except for students... right?

Can students get hold of guns?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
with all due respect to the other members, i just don't feel right being on ATS right now, it just doesn't feel appropriate.

link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I found a map for you, on the USA today site. About halfway down the page...Looks like it's at the end of a street called Queen st.
www.usatoday.com...

All I see are a middle school and a day care at Queen St.

Thanks.

www.greatschools.org...

link   
I'm glad my kid is home today with mom instead of daycare. This world is full of sicko's. Maybe the government isn't out to get us, maybe it's out to save us with all this internet monitoring Bull #.

link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We are culturally responsible for travesties such as this. Until all of America and the world can look in the mirror after an event like this occurs and take personal responsibility for what happened and realize we are all one and we are all in this together then expect this to happen, and expect this to get worse.

link   
Ryan Lanza is being reported as the shooter. Just did a quick Google Search and found his name on a 2004 11th grade honor roll for Newton high school.

Honor student killing people WTF!

link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
I'm sick about this. Just went and picked up my 5 yr old and I'm in Tx. I just wanted him home.

I almost did the same thing...if he wasn't going to a birthday sleepover, I just might have.

Luckily the youngest is already home sick....I've been so tempted to just go wake him up and hold him as tight as I can.
edit on 14-12-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So TWO people did this?

TWO people sat down and conspired this???????????

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
My heart is racing out of anger, sadness, and fear that this could happen anywhere, including where my children go to school.
They were the most innocent of possible victims... The survivors are victims as well, massive emotional trauma that could change them forever... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think everyone is in a state of shock, but do not fear. Fear is the little mind killer...it crushes the capacity for rational thought in bad situations...never yield to fear. Sadness, yes...anger...if controlled...but never fear.

My 'concern" is that more and more people are going to pop a gasket in the next week....this event and it's coverage may actually be a catalyst for others who think the world is going to end so "why not?"...that is something people should be concerned with...

Do not fear...become the sentinel...let your emotions drive your senses to be more keen and aware...not dulled and chaotic.

Considering the similar thing in China that happened within the last 24 hours, I have a gut feeling telling me we will see more insanity before next Friday...people can be crazy and all the hype over this meaningless date is popping the brains of some of them...and will until the date is past.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join