It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You haven't looked. You haven't researched. You haven't ever even thought of anything that you weren't taught about the Bible and its stories.

That's absolutely not true and you know it. We had this discussion in another thread, remember? I never came across anything that proved that El Elyon and Yahweh were two separate entities, did you? I don't remember you ever coming up with an answer for that one either. The only thing we all came up with were verses where "God Most High" was mentioned in different places, but did not show any disconnect from Yahweh.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Plus, this whole 70 sons of God thing with Asherah as the mother was something the Canaanites created, not the Israelites. Remember, most of the Canaanites, along with a lot of the other descendants of Ishmael, were destroyed for worshiping these other gods. So, why does Yahweh and the Israelites have the upper hand among the people in those times? Could it be that he was the one of most high?

edit on 18-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Ma'am, I've answered your questions to me.
But, you have not answered mine.

"Why should anyone believe YOU!?"

P.S. You are saying to another member, "there is no proof."
The TRUTH is, dee....that there is NO PROOF that what you claim to be truth is THE TRUTH.

You.
Don't.
Know.

You don't! "Sorry if you don't like it."

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yahweh was "afraid" to destroy his people, his inheritance, because of his enemies. Who do you suppose were his enemies? His sons? Pfft.

The same ones that Jesus has. Satan and his followers. Yahweh didn't want Satan to gloat over the tribe of Judah being destroyed. That would mean that Satan could think he was responsible for destroying the bloodline to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 15:22-25

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Here, I'll repeat the same answer I gave you earlier...

You're right, I don't have a monopoly on YOUR truth. It is what it is.

I can only defend the Bible and my truth to see if it resonates with anyone else's truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The same ones that Jesus has. Satan and his followers.

Why?
I don't believe in Satan. And Jesus's existence is questionable as well.

WHY do you think you are qualified to label people as "followers" of Satan, or of Jesus? Do you really not have a broad enough education to deal with the fact that millions.....MILLIIONS....of other people DO NOT AGREE with you?

What is so scary about that?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Your answers can be found throughout this entire thread.

Why don't you try going back and reading some of it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Your answers can be found throughout this entire thread.

Why don't you try going back and reading some of it.

Unlike some members, I read all posts in a thread in which I choose to participate. You have not (here in this thread or elsewhere) given PROOF that what you believe is true. Nevertheless, you are very busy dismissing what other people say about "How [they] know God exists"......

Why is it necessary to you to demonize those who are not buying your [preacher's] story hook line and sinker?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Those answers have already been given too. I'm sorry that some of you just choose to ignore them.

This has nothing to do with any "preachers". This is my own research. Is this "preacher" line the only one all of you have, because some of you seem to repeat yourselves a lot. So is your "preacher" one of the other members in this thread?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Is this "preacher" line the only one all of you have, because some of you seem to repeat yourselves a lot.

Really?
"All of you"?

Erm, I don't have a "preacher."

I go with what my heart says....and where it tells me to look. And you have no right to tell me I'm mistaken, or following demons, to do so.

You don't have a "preacher" either? Surprises me. You sound like someone who has refrained from doing "outside the box research" and being capable of admitting that there are enormous craters in the story told in your book.

Care to share with us your library's titles?

Care to answer the question of "why anyone should believe you have the TRUTH and no one else does?"

Please do enlighten us.

edit on 18-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Don't be offended if I place you on "ignore" unless or until you have something you actually want to contribute to the thread on "How I know God exists".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Don't be offended if I place you on "ignore" unless or until you have something you actually want to contribute to the thread on "How I know God exists".

Nope, I won't. Rest assured. No offense taken. I understand you're frustrated.

Still... you haven't answered my question.

"Why should we believe your version of The Truth, when you feel entitled to so readily dismiss 'all of ours'?"
Okay, g'nite then.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Already answered.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Already answered.

Hmmm.....guess it wasn't clear enough for me.

I'm trying to understand WHY YOU THINK you have a right to condemn others' beliefs. Can you point me to the posts that prove this? The sources?

But, okay. You think you already answered it. Enough.

Have a very nice winter solstice holiday/Christmas/Kwaanza/Hannukah.

I wish no ill on you. Just would like to know how you feel so superior. And how you so cavalierly condemn those of us who don't subscribe to your beliefs.

The question remains: "Why?"

edit on 18-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So far, the only thing I've condemned is people claiming things Jesus said and taught without backing it up.

Regardless of how unfair you think it was for me to say that a member in this thread didn't know Jesus, this particular person had already admitted it themselves earlier in the thread, so I'm not sure I understand this widespread inferiority complex. I never said I was superior. I never condemned anyone to hell. Are you sure your own mind or conscious isn't playing tricks on you?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

You haven't looked. You haven't researched. You haven't ever even thought of anything that you weren't taught about the Bible and its stories.

That's absolutely not true and you know it. We had this discussion in another thread, remember?

I remember giving up on our conversation and continuing with 2 other members who were aware of El Elyon and the falseness of Yahweh.

I never came across anything that proved that El Elyon and Yahweh were two separate entities, did you? I don't remember you ever coming up with an answer for that one either. The only thing we all came up with were verses where "God Most High" was mentioned in different places, but did not show any disconnect from Yahweh.

"When El Elyon gave to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of men, he fixed the bounds of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God. For Yahweh's portion is his people, Jacob his allotted inheritance."
Deuteronomy 32:8 from the Dead Sea Scrolls

It's right there. You only see and hear what you want to.

The very fact that your Bible, if you go look, doesn't say this. This is proof that Hebrew scribes tampered with the text to eliminate the mention of El Elyon, to perpetrate their agenda, or Yahweh's lie that he is the supreme God. That agenda began to become exposed with the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, in 1947.

Your just the same as all the other typical Christians who, when they hear of evidence that their comfortable religious belief may not be based in truth, put there fingers in their ears and sing LaLaLa LaLaLa.

The fact is the Old Testament inserts Yahweh's name all over the Bible, where it doesn't belong, like Noah's flood.

I'm not understanding your point. Jesus said that no man had seen God or had ascended to the Father but him. We know that Moses was given special rights to see God as a burning bush, etc. We know God came as a cloud to lead them out of Egypt. We know Moses and others heard his voice, but not often for fear of death.

What it means is that none of them had seen God the way that Jesus has, in his full form.

I love how you believe that you have the right to translate the meaning of words, that are clear to understand, with your own pre-conceived ideas.

Adam saw God and heard his voice, Abraham saw God and heard his voice, so did his wife Sarah, Noah probably saw God, but heard God's voice, according to the Bible. Moses heard God and saw god on numerous occasions. Even his wife, Zappora, saw God and challenged him.

Exodus 4:
24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him (Moses), and sought to kill him.
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

There are numerous other examples in the Old Testament where God is heard. That God is Yahweh, not El Elyon.

If you want to believe that that intolerant. blood thirsty guy from the O.T. who is responsible for oppressing, murdering, enslaving, raping and plundering, you go ahead. Me, I'm interested in finding the peaceful and loving God that Jesus talked about.

The Bible is full of holes, mistranslations, stolen myths and contradictions. You'll never convince me otherwise.

edit on 18-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Winword, do you mind throwing me the link to your Deuteronomy 32:8 quote?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

While I'm waiting for your link, I'm going to post and research verses from two different translations.

Deuteronomy 32:8-9 (KJV)

8 When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.

9 For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Deuteronomy 32:8-9 (Orthodox Jewish Bible)

8 When HaElyon divided to the Goyim their nachalah, when He separated the Bnei Adam, He set the gevulot (borders) of the people according to the number of the Bnei Yisroel.

9 For Hashem’s chelek is His people; Ya’akov is the chevel (allotment) of His nachalah.

Now, let's compare definitions:

HaElyon: The Highest

Goyim: Nations

Yisroel: Israel

Nachalah: Possession, Property, Inheritance

Bnei: Children

HaShem: (both and neither masculine nor feminine and absolutely no plural); the word means, literally, "The Name," and it is the way that Jews refer to G-d when not in a Prayer or Torah Reading or Torah citation context. The reason is that the Torah forbids us from pronouncing the four-letter Name of HaShem in other than ritual contexts, and even then using only certain Names (other than the four-letter one, known as the Tetragrammaton) that embody characteristics, such as A-donai, E-l, E-

Ya’akov: Jacob

edit on 18-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What link? (Never mind, I see)
digitalcommons.liberty.edu...
faculty.gordon.edu...
triangulations.wordpress.com...
fuzzyquark.comxa.com...

The Dead Sea Scrolls' translation trumps your version of the Bible and the Jewish Orthodox Bible as well. You are only proving my point as far the tampering of scriptural text to promote Yahweh as El Elyon.

Personally, I think all the gods were all aliens working together with orders from a far off corporation. They couldn't get along, fought among themselves and were ordered either home or elsewhere.

edit on 18-12-2012 by windword because: Added links

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm asking you for a link to the Dead Sea Scrolls and wherever you posted your quote from.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join