It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Are you sure your own mind or conscious isn't playing tricks on you?

Quite sure. But, thanks for your concern.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't see your post. I edited my above response to give you the links.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good to see others taking up the fight with Deelusion in my absence. I was seriously doubting my ability to converse with this person who was playing all kinds of games with wording and ignoring pretty much everything I said, and then claiming to "not know what I'm talking about" when I confront him about not answering my questions. Therefore making me have to go through all my posts and reiterate everything I said that he ignored. Yet I realise in the end, he will still have the same response. And nothing I say will make him change his mind, because his mind is already in the "made up" state.

No critical thought, no awareness. Just blind fear pulling in the gullible mind. Claims that his scripture (which he has no way of verifying) is ultimate truth. How can you even begin to have a rational argument with someone who does not display the characteristics of someone "aware", as opposed to a boring programme with automated responses based on indoctrination.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

Note the style, learn to recognize it and find ways to circumvent it with substance and persistence. This style is very common on ATS, especially in this forum.

Many times, after something has been explained and debunked properly with citations and elaborate debate, the same people will bring up the same argument, in another thread, as if they never heard a word, and you have to all start over.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

All, I know is that I'm going to have to incorporate what these verses mean into the equation...

Exodus 6:1-4

1 Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.

2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Isaiah 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Isaiah 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Sometime around 700 BC, God inspired the prophet Isaiah to write a prophecy concerning "His anointed," His messiah. This person would act for God upon earth, conquering kingdoms, rebuilding Jerusalem and the Temple, and shepherding His people. God would go before him—even hold his hand, Isaiah writes—giving him fame, riches and power as only God can.

Jesus Christ? Josiah? Ezra? Nehemiah? Judas Maccabaeus? Not even close! Through Isaiah, God prophesies His anointed to be none other than Cyrus, King of Persia! How can that be? How could God call a pagan king, a man of bloody conquests and cut-throat politics, "messiah"? Would God dirty His hands by working through such a man to do His will? Yes, indeed, He did!

www.cgg.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This might be a helpful link...

The Name of the Lord is a Strong Tower Series

Name of the LORD is a Strong Tower - Summary Chart
Name of the LORD - Why Study It?
Our Stronghold - sermon by C H Spurgeon on Proverbs18:10
The name of God is Jehovah - The name of God is Yahweh
The name of God is Elohim - My Creator
The name of God is El Elyon - Most High God (Sovereign Over All)
The name of God is Adonai - My Lord, My Master
The name of God is El Olam - God Everlasting, God Eternal
The name of God is El Roi - God Who Sees
The name of God is El Shaddai - God Almighty
The name of God is Jehovah Ezer - The LORD our Helper
The name of God is Jehovah Jireh - The LORD Will Provide
The name of God is Jehovah Rapha - The LORD our Healer
The name of God is Jehovah Roi - The Lord is My Shepherd Pt 1
The name of God is Jehovah Roi - The Lord is My Shepherd Pt 2
The name of God is Jehovah Sabaoth - LORD of hosts (of armies) Pt 1
The name of God is Jehovah Sabaoth - LORD of hosts (of armies) Pt 2
The name of God is Jehovah Mekeddeshem - LORD Who Sanctifies
The name of God is Jehovah Nissi -The LORD Our Banner
The name of God is Jehovah Rapha - LORD Who Heals
The name of God is Jehovah Shalom - The LORD our Peace Pt 1
The name of God is Jehovah Shalom - The LORD our Peace Pt 2
The name of God is Jehovah Shammah - The LORD is There

preceptaustin.org...'s_name_-_a_strong_tower.htm

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Matthew 6:7-10

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Well, now we know the answer to "Hallowed be thy name".

Zechariah 14:9

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Revelation 22:4

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Faith. That's all that separates believers from non-believers.
You have Faith that there is a God, and therefore you know he is real.
Others have faith that there is not, and therefore they know he is not.
Faith is all it has ever come down to.

However, faith is not the same as knowing.
Facts grant us knowledge based on reality. We should never have faith in what we believe to be true, but realize that we are always subject to changing our ideas to match observation.

The fact is, I know there is a God, and that His Son is Jesus Christ.

And you "know" because you have faith.... I'm not saying you're wrong to believe, but that's just my observation on the topic.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Your posts are such a beautiful representation of our god's Love.

I'm probably done posting in this thread, not for hurt feelings or any angst, but I have no more to say.

Thank you again mama J..

Also thank you OP. This thread has strengthened my conviction of my Love that always IS and always will BE.

Thanks.

PS. I like wildtimes' posts also.

edit on 12/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
And you "know" because you have faith.... I'm not saying you're wrong to believe, but that's just my observation on the topic.

That's a very responsible thing to say. I applaud you in your acceptance.
Still, just as you know you are alive, I know God...
I never was very good at faith..

I truly liked your post a LOT. It's very Gracious of you to respect people you don't agree with. I like it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
The bible speaks about giving up your life for Christ, and when you do this you will be transformed. I heard this my whole life and called myself a Christian but I didn't commit my life to the principles and way of living taught by Jesus. One day about 7 months ago it all clicked for me. I desired the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed to the truth is when i found it. God entered me via the Holy Spirit as referenced in the bible. My life and the way i lived it changed from that day on.

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out God or anything else, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth and what is not true. If God is all powerful could He not give me the knowledge of the truth??? Of course He could (all powerful).

And it's not about just believing what someone tells you and blindly following anything, it's about fully committing your heart to the essence of truth and the desire to know it and live it, even if it means going against what you currently believe.

I would call Christianity a conspiracy however in that it is a world religion. The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false. It is clear that there is evil in the world as well as in each of our fleshly desires.

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the world. My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to me, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

Knock and the door will be opened.

you say "Jesus will save you", since when has Jesus saved anyone? what do you mean by saving anyway? what do people need to be saved from? Do you even know who Jesus was or what he represented?

You talk about Love as if Jesus is synonymous with Love. What do you mean by love? could you define what Jesus is? and then define what love is?

Since this is what you said "The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false". I will assume what you just said is false. Should I assume you are false as well?
edit on 19-12-2012 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I will never speak down to someone who has differing beliefs to my own, it's not my right to, and someone's beliefs may not determine the type of person they are. Religion is only one small part of the personality puzzle.
Usually if I don't agree with someone on a topic, and we really butt heads over it, we don't talk about it. No point spoiling a friendship over one thing we don't agree on

I'm in no position to judge or have a go at someone for believing in God, and I hope others would extend me the same courtesy for having differing or no beliefs.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Jesus Saved me from hating everyone....
True story.
I didn't know about the bible or god or anything..

trust me, you don't need saving...
You've got it man.
No need to come to random threads in search of truth..
It is good that you know.

Starred the above post. And yes I will extend you that courtesy as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Lol, When you need props as Hollywood, or
the commercialized music-industry to 'prove' your
religion then count me out

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Every single time the Bible has been printed in a new edition the wording has been changed. The stories in the Bible reflect the struggle and horrid conditions that Christians went through under Roman rule.

To make a connection with what is written in the Bible and current events is misguided.

Split Infinity

Spoken by another one who obviously hasn't read the Bible if you think that's all that's written in it.

There is plenty of information in the Bible about the 1,000 years of peace followed by the new earth, but it comes at a very high price. It's always darkest before the dawn. I think you're misguided for not even knowing what it says.

So I am MISGUIDED? And which current version of the Bible would be responsible for that? And by the way...you should remember...John 8:7 John Chapter 8 Verse 7...as you have made an assumption but yet you present that assumption as a Fact. That assumption being that I have not read the Bible.

But hey....I guess I can dodge stones better than you can as I have had a lot of practice due to the hundreds of throws headed my way over time by the so called righteous. One thing I can always count on is the self righteous stupidity of those who are quick to judge...quick to anger...slow to understand.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

How I Know You're Wrong About God Existing

Your only reference is 'The Bible", which was written by man. I read lots of books too, but I don't see Eragon coming to whisk me away from my dullard life. I did not receive my letter from Hogwarts. Plus, even though I NEVER forget my towel, I usually find myself in heaps of trouble on other planets.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by SplitInfinity

I care not whether you believe what you do...if fact I believe everyone is entitled to their beliefs. But posting a video off the net is Not Proof. What I have stated can easily be looked up by anyone who accesses the Vatican Website.

It's not hard to see that other spirits other than the Holy Spirit has infiltrated into the Vatican.

The Bible warned us about this. We can't look to them for guidance any longer.

They are calling for their own New World Order now in the form of what they call "global authority".

The ONLY SOURCE a person can look to for GUIDANCE is the person Him or Herself. The Bibles Gospels were specifically chosen by MEN as to whether they would be used in the Bible or not. The Current version of the Bible lacks many Gospels such as the Gospels of Judas, Gospels of Mary Magdalene, Gospels of Timothy...etc.

The Gospels of Simon/Peter, Andrew Peters Brother, James and John are the 4 Apostles who's Gospels were selected by the Christian Church to be used in the New Testament. The reason the other Gospels were NOT INCLUDED was because those Gospels did not state that Jesus was the LITERAL SON OF GOD. Rather Judas, Mary Magdalene, Timothy...etc...wrote that Jesus was the Son of GOD and by following his teachings and having Faith ANYONE could be the SON OF GOD.

This of course was much different than Mathew, Mark, Luke and John's Gospels which read and taken LITERALLY that Jesus was the ACTUAL SON OF GOD. For this reason only Mathew, Mark, Luke and John's Gospels were used and chosen by the Christian Church to be included in the New Testament. All other Gospels were not used as they stated that Jesus was saying that anyone could become the Son of God if they followed his teachings and had faith.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to read up on the REALITY of a thing before you pass judgement or throw a stone at the TRUTH. To do so just makes you look silly as well as uninformed.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join