It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grandest Conspiracy Ever Known. The New Age Religion of the Unproven Speculation (theory) of Evo

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MyOath

Evolution has been both observed and reproduced.

The "evolution" we have observed is only that of organisms turning into variations of themselves. Bummer.

What can be observed scientifically is several orders of magnitude lower than what the ToE teaches... that asexual single celled organisms, over time, evolved into multi-cellular organisms with body parts that reproduced sexually. Evolution on this scale is unobservable because of the incredibly long time frames involved, but yet evolution is passed off an "observable fact" because its been observed on a very tiny scale. If we were to be honest about it, the only "observable fact" is that organisms turn into newer variants of themselves. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the fossil evidence, its just evidence that a certain kind of creature once lived. Nothing more, nothing less. Its NOT evidence that the creatures was part of a certain sequence, as claimed by ToE proponents.

edit on 14-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by begoodbees

I wonder how many times I will be bullied and called ignorant for presenting these facts.

What facts?
Or did I miss the meat and potatoes?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

There is a section in this video that covers the issue you are talking about.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Hasn't it been studied that if evolution went on uninterrupted man will only be starting to learn how to walk by now?

I lean to the belief that intervention occurred for mankind to attain what it has achieved.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk

Hasn't it been studied that if evolution went on uninterrupted man will only be starting to learn how to walk by now?

Don't know if something like that has been studied, but it sounds like utter nonsense. In no way was our lineage destined to start walking with two legs. It's merely the consequence of adaption to the environment (evolution) that led to this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees

Originally posted by paradox
Lol replace the word "evolution" in any of your arguments with the words "gravity" or "general relativity" and you get an idea of how absurd you sound. Awesome comprehension on the meaning of a scientific theory. Way to help with the progression of our species.

I apologize for your lack of understanding.

There is no lack of understanding on my part. I have read every single one of your replies, and lold at most of the ones that weren't too ignorant to leave me completely speechless. Why is it always the ones without the most basic understanding of evolution (or science in general) who make these kinds of threads?

I wonder.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I have read hundreds of these threads that really go nowhere, the fact is you dont and I dont know why we are here and whether we were created or sprung forth from a pool of of whatever.
You have your beliefs and I have mind and I am happy to sit on the fence.
I believe we were created to evolve not because I can prove it but because it feels right to me.
A highly advanced creator uses his/her/its skills and knowledge to create life in his/her/its image.
Their purpose is unfathomable to our intellect as they are far more advanced then us.
Is there One being or many? Maybe this One being has control of this Universe of its creation, and that there are a multitude of other Universes created by other beings, Maybe the One that creates the best Universe wins a Prize.
You know what? As I said it is all academic because none of us truly knows.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by paradox
Lol replace the word "evolution" in any of your arguments with the words "gravity" or "general relativity" and you get an idea of how absurd you sound. Awesome comprehension on the meaning of a scientific theory. Way to help with the progression of our species.

"Way to help with the progression of our species"

Where a Christian might be upset that a person will not acknowledge Jesus, a Religion of Science follower is always looking for ways to confirm the human species is weak and defective and soon to be a victim of the "stronger".

If you truly believe in evolution you should simply admit that humans can only rely on random mutations for progression. And if you are a true believer than you believe humans are on the out. Too many of us.

The meaning of that statement went completely over your head.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
this has to be one of my favorites pertaining to this topic...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Gotta love those who don't even know what a scientific theory is,
good lord if your going to criticize science at the very very least
verse yourself in the proper terminology, the fact that evolution
is a theory means it has very well been proven, not only that but
the evidence is there for you to look at if you only bothered to do
so.

Time and time again we see arguments like these who think they
can simply debunk evolution based on their claims and some
creationist babel on a web site, if you could prove the theory of
evolution was incorrect there would be a Nobel prize in your future,
but im gonna go out on a limb and assume that will never happen.

Get you facts strait before you mislead people please, what you
actually meant to say was evolution is a hypothesis which is closer
to the civilian meaning for the word theory. and no evolution is not
a hypothesis and if you bother to look and are willing to put the effort
to understand the evidence that proves this, it is available.

Here is just one place with some info. www.ironchariots.org/

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
Gotta love those who don't even know what a scientific theory is,
good lord if your going to criticize science at the very very least
verse yourself in the proper terminology, the fact that evolution
is a theory means it has very well been proven, not only that but
the evidence is there for you to look at if you only bothered to do
so.

Time and time again we see arguments like these who think they
can simply debunk evolution based on their claims and some
creationist babel on a web site, if you could prove the theory of
evolution was incorrect there would be a Nobel prize in your future,
but im gonna go out on a limb and assume that will never happen.

Get you facts strait before you mislead people please, what you
actually meant to say was evolution is a hypothesis which is closer
to the civilian meaning for the word theory. and no evolution is not
a hypothesis and if you bother to look and are willing to put the effort
to understand the evidence that proves this, it is available.

Here is just one place with some info. www.ironchariots.org/

most people know exactly what a "theory" is... it is just that, a theory. It is not established fact just as the evolution of man from ape.

species evolve I will acknowledge that... but from one species to another? well I'll take that with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

this has to be one of my favorites pertaining to this topic...

Wow. Not one single statement in the "science then" column was ever espoused by a scientist. Please read something other than the Bible and Christian propaganda for a change.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

species evolve I will acknowledge that... but from one species to another? well I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Speciation happens all the time. It simply means that two populations have diverged enough, usually due to geographic separation, that they can no longer interbreed. Horses and donkeys are an example of speciation in progress. Currently, they can produce barren offspring. If they had not been domesticated, they would probably have lost this ability by now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
the fact that evolution is a theory means it has very well been proven

like piltdown man?

dude I think the internets have been corrupting your mind and aiding your redefinition of words. Try searching the word "theory" on Websters dictionary site... Wikipedia has a way of trying to rewrite history and change the definitions of words so I don't recommend that site.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

actually your cherry picking the bible for facts that were learned by science then
religion came along and said hey this must mean what we now know to be true,
the only problem there is that you have to interpret the meaning to be what you
want, therefore what your doing is adding meaning with after the fact knowledge
and assuming they knew what you do, also your using a different version of the
bible so it sounds like it fits better.

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.

in your first example it says sphere in your version, that above is the king james version, you
see, circle not sphere, denoting 2 dimensions not three.

Jeremiah 33:22
As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.

again the king james version here and this one is a stark contrast to what you claimed
it says, no im sorry but the vague notion that somehow these verses mean what you
claim they mean is just your opinion, im gonna stop at two because i don't feel like
looking up more of that book.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
"Theory" -- b : an unproved assumption

then we all grow up and realize nothing is apparently concrete in this world, including our perception of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Maybe it could, but if it did where is the evidence? You say there is evidence, where is it. Any evidence is circumstantial at best. If there were evidence to prove it it would be the law of evolution. This is the whole point of this. Everyone believes this undoubtedly without evidence. You have been religiously indoctrinated.

It should be easy to prove me wrong if I am wrong but no body will be able to do it.

edit on 13-12-2012 by begoodbees because:

No proof of evolution? You can't be serious.

Human Evolution Fossils

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
As i stated before LOOK UP WHAT A THEORY MEANS IN SCIENCE,
the definition is different than the civilian one, this has to be the most
common mistake that is made again and again, theory in the civilian
sector means what you think, in science it has a different meaning.

here is a good definition for scientific theory.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.
edit on 14-12-2012 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Speciation happens all the time. It simply means that two populations have diverged enough, usually due to geographic separation, that they can no longer interbreed. Horses and donkeys are an example of speciation in progress. Currently, they can produce barren offspring. If they had not been domesticated, they would probably have lost this ability by now.

can you please provide me with a concrete example of this? I would like to see an animal you mention halfway thru speciation... can you show me an ape that is halfway to becoming a man? in fact why aren't there apes running around right now at this midpoint?

I see... you say it takes a long time? millions or billions of years? but still if it apparently has been going on the the clock never stopped according to science so the process should be happening before our very eyes.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

so attaching the word science before theory somehow makes unproven speculation become "fact" ?

you're not doing a well job of convincing me... beside the word theory closes your statement or wording, it rounds it off and is in its place for a reason.

the definition of "theory" is an unproven assumption... regardless of how many voodoo facts you have.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join