It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grandest Conspiracy Ever Known. The New Age Religion of the Unproven Speculation (theory) of Evo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
do you understand???
there once were only organisms with no eyes or any means of even knowing that light exists, then one was born and could see the light which none of it's relatives even knew existed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by begoodbees

How would you know what they are full of when you didn't read them?

Here I suppose this doesn't meet your level of evidence either?

www.cbc.ca...

All you are doing is showing your lack of understanding. But that's ok, you are certainly allowed to hold what ever belief makes you happy.
edit on 14-12-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
do you understand???
there once were only organisms with no eyes or any means of even knowing that light exists, then one was born and could see the light which none of it's relatives even knew existed.

If it is not speculation than prove it!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Evolution is a theory. And you are right, It's a foundation for the Religion of Science. Not to be confused with actual science. It is a belief system built on pop-science propagated by mainstream and new media.

Some will argue it's a work in progress and the best we have. But the problem isn't with the study and interest in evolution, it's the complete lack of understanding or active participation with it that the most staunch supporters lack. They think there has been some profound factual conclusion expressed through Darwin's theory.

Like most largely adopted systems of belief, the Religion of Science followers do not seek personal realization of truth directly through the practice of science. They are satisfied with simple memorization of the belief system's doctrine. And of course with memorization comes repeating. "Saving" people. Elimination of "heathens".

The Malthusian influence on this belief system gives it it's character of self-hatred. They don't see positive evolution (the strong surviving) in themselves or society. They believe the earth is dying and it's a defect of humankind that is responsible. They invite death of mankind as an inevitable consequence of evolution.

Because the belief system is so ubiquitous many people casually and unconsciously subscribe to it without really being fervent about it. But when pressed will recite what they have unconsciously accepted as fact because the programming is so indistinguishable from mainstream culture. Even people that know this to be true will argue that it's not the real source of their belief the earth is dying, humans are responsible, the strong survive and evolution is fact.

The Religion of Science is one step up from Scientology (an actual parody of what is mainstream culture now). But it's the champion belief system right now. It claims ownership to any Epiphany or actual creation any true scientist has ever achieved. Technology is proof in itself of their beliefs. We have computers, therefore the earth is dying and evolution is fact.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

How would you know what they are full of when you didn't read them?

Here I suppose this doesn't meet your level of evidence either?

www.cbc.ca...

All you are doing is showing your lack of understanding. But that's ok, you are certainly allowed to hold what ever belief makes you happy.

This is not my first rodeo. I know the arguments for and against. The point is you do not know and neither does anyone else. It has not been observed nor can it be. It is conjecture by definition pure and simple. This is really irrefutable in any rational way. It is by faith that anyone can believe 100 percent.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Your link is from the ICR mate, and the author is a PHD in hydraulic engineering who believed in young-earth creationism.

You'll need to do better than that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So you admitted to not reading them?

Ok then, have a good day. I'm done.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Evolution is a theory. And you are right, It's a foundation for the Religion of Science. Not to be confused with actual science. It is a belief system built on pop-science propagated by mainstream and new media.

Some will argue it's a work in progress and the best we have. But the problem isn't with the study and interest in evolution, it's the complete lack of understanding or active participation with it that the most staunch supporters lack. They think there has been some profound factual conclusion expressed through Darwin's theory.

Like most largely adopted systems of belief, the Religion of Science followers do not seek personal realization of truth directly through the practice of science. They are satisfied with simple memorization of the belief system's doctrine. And of course with memorization comes repeating. "Saving" people. Elimination of "heathens".

The Malthusian influence on this belief system gives it it's character of self-hatred. They don't see positive evolution (the strong surviving) in themselves or society. They believe the earth is dying and it's a defect of humankind that is responsible. They invite death of mankind as an inevitable consequence of evolution.

Because the belief system is so ubiquitous many people casually and unconsciously subscribe to it without really being fervent about it. But when pressed will recite what they have unconsciously accepted as fact because the programming is so indistinguishable from mainstream culture. Even people that know this to be true will argue that it's not the real source of their belief the earth is dying, humans are responsible, the strong survive and evolution is fact.

The Religion of Science is one step up from Scientology (an actual parody of what is mainstream culture now). But it's the champion belief system right now. It claims ownership to any Epiphany or actual creation any true scientist has ever achieved. Technology is proof in itself of their beliefs. We have computers, therefore the earth is dying and evolution is fact.

Interesting perspective you have. I will have to ponder on that for awhile.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
OK, instead of arguing pointless things like the definition of theory, we all know what a theory is and lets forget about you pretending that its too complicated for anyone but you to understand and lets go back to my original point. Why do so many people think it is a fact. It is not a fact.

If it cannot be observed and reproduced it is not scientific fact. That is a fact. All evidence for it is circumstantial. I shall repeat. If there were real evidence (real observable, verifiable evidence) it would be a law like gravity. I can prove that gravity exists.

Someone explain how DNA could form on its own. It most likely could not. There are rovers on mars. What is more likely.

A. They evolved because of radiation, swamp gas and weather balloons.

B. They were built and put there.

The point is it is not a scientific law that is observable and reproducible and if there were real evidence we would all be aware of it as the theory graduated to a law.

In science a Law is means we can use to describe and predict the way a Theory works. A Theory carries the highest level of veracity in science. It does not get any higher.

Gravity is not a Law, it is a Theory. The 'Laws of Universal Gravitation' for example, provide us with a means of calculating the motions of objects relative to each other within the framework of gravity.

Evolution has been observed. Evolution has been reproduced.

The fact that there may be an area that has not been explained yet, does not mean the entire process is wrong. The only way for it to be shown to be entirely wrong is for a new Theory to be developed which explains all the current evidence, plus additional evidence and is testable, verifiable and refutable, There is no such Theory currently Hypothesised.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Your link is from the ICR mate, and the author is a PHD in hydraulic engineering who believed in young-earth creationism.

You'll need to do better than that.

Ok, oversight on my part. There are however scientists who do agree with me but they are shelved as soon as they go against the mainstream as is the case with every conspiracy.

Even so he is absolutely right about the science.
edit on 14-12-2012 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyOath

OK, instead of arguing pointless things like the definition of theory, we all know what a theory is and lets forget about you pretending that its too complicated for anyone but you to understand and lets go back to my original point. Why do so many people think it is a fact. It is not a fact.

If it cannot be observed and reproduced it is not scientific fact. That is a fact. All evidence for it is circumstantial. I shall repeat. If there were real evidence (real observable, verifiable evidence) it would be a law like gravity. I can prove that gravity exists.

Someone explain how DNA could form on its own. It most likely could not. There are rovers on mars. What is more likely.

The point is it is not a scientific law that is observable and reproducible and if there were real evidence we would all be aware of it as the theory graduated to a law.

In science a Law is means we can use to describe and predict the way a Theory works. A Theory carries the highest level of veracity in science. It does not get any higher.

Gravity is not a Law, it is a Theory. The 'Laws of Universal Gravitation' for example, provide us with a means of calculating the motions of objects relative to each other within the framework of gravity.

The fact that there may be an area that has not been explained yet, does not mean the entire process is wrong. The only way for it to be shown to be entirely wrong is for a new Theory to be developed which explains all the current evidence, plus additional evidence and is testable, verifiable and refutable, There is no such Theory currently Hypothesised.

So the scientific law of entropy is a theory? Give me a break. This is what I was referring to when I said that there has been an effort over the last ten years or so to tweak the meaning of the word theory. Don't play word games with me.

Evolution has not been observed or reproduced. That is just plain false. The theory in my opinion was designed to be unprovable so that fools like us would spend all day arguing about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Lol replace the word "evolution" in any of your arguments with the words "gravity" or "general relativity" and you get an idea of how absurd you sound. Awesome comprehension on the meaning of a scientific theory. Way to help with the progression of our species.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Scientific theory as defined now (at least on the internet) is different than what it meant 25 years ago. It's the same crap that politicians pull. They tweak the meaning of the words to advance their agendas. It's not a war it is a peace patrol mission or some garbage like that.

Further evidence of conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Scientific theory is something that seems possible but has neither been completely proved or disproved. Scientific law is something that has been proven. It is really that simple.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough” Albert Einstein
edit on 14-12-2012 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Lol replace the word "evolution" in any of your arguments with the words "gravity" or "general relativity" and you get an idea of how absurd you sound. Awesome comprehension on the meaning of a scientific theory. Way to help with the progression of our species.

I apologize for your lack of understanding.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

"Way to help with the progression of our species"

Where a Christian might be upset that a person will not acknowledge Jesus, a Religion of Science follower is always looking for ways to confirm the human species is weak and defective and soon to be a victim of the "stronger".

If you truly believe in evolution you should simply admit that humans can only rely on random mutations for progression. And if you are a true believer than you believe humans are on the out. Too many of us.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So, basically you try to shove your agenda down my throat?

Ehw, no thank you. I will stay true to the facts.

Evolution eats religion, forever!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The fact that so many people religiously believe the most unlikely and implausible explanation for where the most sophisticated objects in the known universe (living things) originated is the best evidence of this global conspiracy.

The utter obsurdity of this unproven speculation that somehow something as complex as even a single cell could manifest on its own in a pool of chemicals is mind boggling. Add to that the complexity of DNA and it becomes not just implausible but impossible.

Why do so many people believe this so easily while scrutinizing everything else so carefully. This seams to be the one area where otherwise scientific minded people choose to believe in magic. This is why I and I believe many others have labeled evolution not an observable or provable science but in fact a religion.

Many people I believe have been bullied into a middle ground stance that life was created to evolve which makes very little sense as well since there are no transitional fossils on record. Every past so called evidence of transitional species has been eventually proven phony such as pig tooth man better known as Nebraska man.

Pig tooth man was portrayed in true propaganda style on the news as the missing link. If the news propaganda machine does this in any other arena critical thinkers and conspiracy theorists would instantly see the seeds of conspiracy, but with evolution we have been programmed/indoctrinated that any explanation other than evolution is just plain ignorance. I wonder how many times I will be bullied and called ignorant for presenting these facts.

In classrooms all over the world and on every nature/science show that I have seen in my lifetime evolution is presented as fact. I never hear them say “Scientists speculate” before mentioning the subject. Why is something with nothing but circumstantial evidence being presented as factual science? I know what the religious fanatics will say, but if it cannot be observed and reproduced than it is not science.

Opposing evolution in the modern day is like opposing any other prevalent religion in the past. Persecution is what follows.

It seems evident to me that species were created to sustain themselves within a given set of parameters, thus variations can and should occur. One species changing to another more complex species defies logic. The line given is usually as follows “slight genetic mutations over time, survival of the fittest and abracadabra humans are born”. The problem I see with this is that there has never been a case of a genetic mutation that was beneficial to an animal or human. What they call genetic mutations the general public calls birth defects and although they might not all be crippling none of them are beneficial or an improvement upon the norm.

Let the name calling begin.

Here is another perhaps more coherent analysis of the subject.

www.icr.org...

Excellent post. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyOath

So the scientific law of entropy is a theory? Give me a break. This is what I was referring to when I said that there has been an effort over the last ten years or so to tweak the meaning of the word theory. Don't play word games with me.

Evolution has not been observed or reproduced. That is just plain false. The theory in my opinion was designed to be unprovable so that fools like us would spend all day arguing about it.

'Law of Entropy' - You mean 'The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics' - the fact that its the 2nd one means there are a number of Laws that combined are used to allow predictability to the study of Thermodynamics.

Evolution has been both observed and reproduced.

Ref:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I like how people forget that:

- Evolution does not in any way state exactly how life began, only that it evolves.
- Evolution has been repeatedly proven time and time again.
- A theory is... I'm not even going to explain it. Google it yourself
- Evolution is not a Religion, not part of a Religion, and certainly does not go against Christianity to the best of my knowledge.
- Evolution is not a conspiracy, and I will further assume you lack the understanding of the definition of the word 'conspiracy'

Other than how much of a failure this was from the start, this thread has proved how intolerant you are, not of what people believe, but of cold hard facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join