It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grandest Conspiracy Ever Known. The New Age Religion of the Unproven Speculation (theory) of Evo

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Then why were the original Freemasons persecuted for practicing alchemy? They opposed the religious take on science, because it was erroneous, and they were persecuted for it. The original table of elements - fire, earth, water, air, spirit - was used in alchemical and spiritual studies, and the church didn't like it one bit.

huh?

what are you leading up to here?

we all know the world was different back in the day, it has evolved a little since then and I don't attribute that fully to science but just as equally our understanding of eachother. Look how far ahead western thought compared to alot of other nations whose philosophies are different. One only has to use Google earth to determine that... if aliens were to visit earth they would come to the USA

we Rock! simply because we have it all... (all philosophies/nationalities/beliefs and sciences)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
where indeed is the mountains of evidence for ape evolving into human?

Why choose evolution for ape evolving into man specifically?

let me stop you here and not oblige the rest of your rant...

and to answer... simply because that is what science proclaims and the most important matter.

see if the evolutionist can establish that speciation and evolution as fact for any other insect or animal on this planet then they will apply it to humans... which they have actually already done.

there is only speculation of speciation which evolutionist refer to as evidence, but not established fact or tangible proof still at this time.

speciation relies on evolution to be fact and the theory (we all know the definition of theory by now) just really isn't that old or matured enough.

what is important about evolution and the subject at hand here is how it conflicts with religious principals... religion only claims that man was made in the image of God.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Science gives us results

then answer the questions...

1. why are we here?
2. what is consciousness?
3. where did humans come from?

and please these are very simple... answer with tangible proof.

we all know what tangible means I am sure?
edit on 14-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

let me stop you here and not oblige the rest of your rant...

Let me likewise stop you here because my post was nothing like a rant. It was a detailed response containing book references, and links showing the abundance of evidence for macroevolution on all scales.

Explain the fossil record without evolution without positing something as ridiculous as chaotic mass extinction?

You can't. Creationists have no response.

and to answer... simply because that is what science proclaims and the most important matter.

see if the evolutionist can establish that speciation and evolution as fact for any other insect or animal on this planet then they will apply it to humans... which they have actually already done.

Your suggestion is that everything else evolves but humans don't?

there is only speculation of speciation which evolutionist refer to as evidence, but not established fact or tangible proof still at this time.

Not speculation, hard evidence, which had you not lamely avoided in my last post you would have seen examples of.

Pathetic.
edit on 14-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

1. why are we here?

Why does there have to be a reason, and what does knowing or not knowing the answer have to do with evolution?

An emergent by-product of the brain's processing.

We evolved from ape-like ancestors.

I have attempted to provide the convincing evidence in my last post and you decided not to read past the first line, labelling it a "rant". We do not need "tangible proof" to accept a theory as very likely true. You do not have "tangible proof" you can't walk through walls, afterall.

Sure, you couldn't last time you tried, but what if the laws of physics changed a second ago?

It's all about weighing up the evidence, and the evidence for evolution greatly surpasses any other explanation, and in a court of law would be more than enough to show a fact beyond any reasonable element of doubt. But you are not a reasonable man, are you?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution:

as we all know by watching Judge Judy and from our experiences with scientists in such cases as the piltdown man and so many of the wrongfully accused who have been released from prison and those still in prison such as OJ Simpson...

that "evidence" is subject to misinterpretation and is not established "fact"

evidence is evidence... proof is proof, truth is truth and fact is fact.

lay off the Wikipedia brother
try Stanford encyclopedia, it is something they actually use to "teach" people by, they do not use Wikipedia when teaching a Collage course and I think we all know why.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

1. why are we here?

The rest of us are not your concern. Leave our purpose to us. You decide your own purpose.

Awareness.

If our point of origin determines how you live your life, then you may as well not live at all. Either be yourself, or don't be at all. You weren't born a robot, you don't have to be one.

we all know what tangible means I am sure?

Why does it matter? Sure, tangible answers give us a sense of meaning, but I believe in finding a meaning within rather than without. Peace comes from within, not without. Knowing the answers does nothing for you if you cannot accept yourself, imperfections and all.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

as we all know by watching Judge Judy and from our experiences with scientists in such cases as the piltdown man and so many of the wrongfully accused who have been released from prison and those still in prison such as OJ Simpson...

try Stanford encyclopedia, it is something they actually use to "teach" people by, they do not use Wikipedia when teaching a Collage course and I think we all know why.

Why are you responding to a link to articles you obviously have not taken the time to read? And what are you mentioning wikipedia for, none of my articles are from there.

You asked for evidence, I provided it. You won't even read it.

Again, pathetic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

thanks for the tangible proof and fact which I asked for... I believe you simply can not provide it based on your evidence because evidence is not fact.

I'll give you a nod for answering the questions but I will give you a grade F for out of the box thinking.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Why are you responding to a link to articles you obviously have not taken the time to read? And what are you mentioning wikipedia for, none of my articles are from there.

Again, pathetic.

actually no I did not read any of it simply because you used the wrong word (evidence) you have to be very sure and direct here... I only deal in established fact and established definitions of words.

then I proceeded to educate you on why evidence is not always what it appears to be... what I want to hear and need to see is "fact" of evolution.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

thanks for the tangible proof and fact which I asked for... I believe you simply can not provide it based on your evidence because evidence is not fact.

I'll give you a nod for answering the questions but I will give you a grade F for out of the box thinking.

Where is tangible proof you cannot walk through walls?

Where is tangible proof that anyone other than you exists?

There is no absolute proof of anything, especially something that happened billions of years ago like the Big Bang. What we have is evidence (an abundance of it, for evolution) which needs to be weighed up against alternate explanations, but you won't even read the links I provided in favour of evolution.

Your black and white view does not translate well to the real world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Again, pathetic.

actually no I did not read any of it simply because you used the wrong word (evidence) you have to be very sure and direct here... I only deal in established fact and established definitions of words.

then I proceeded to educate you on why evidence is not always what it appears to be... what I want to hear and need to see is "fact" of evolution.

There are no etablished facts for anything that match the criteria you are asking for.

Again, where is the established fact you cannot walk through walls?

In your reality, nothing is either true or false, everything must be unproven.

Life is not about absolute facts and certainty, it is about probability. You're living in fantasy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Where is tangible proof you cannot walk through walls?
yes, when I try it never works

Where is tangible proof that anyone other than you exists?
yes, because I can touch other people and feel that they are real, I can also see them with my eyes and know that they are.

There is no absolute proof of anything
yes there is... let us start with why the sky is blue and how this fact according to our perception has been established and why.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Then read the links I provided. They establish exactly why evolution should be considered a fact, due to the abundance of evidence. How can you have a fact without evidence? Facts are established through the accumulation of evidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

yes, because I can touch other people and feel that they are real, I can also see them with my eyes and know that they are.

When you dream you can see and touch things that are not real. The brain is more than capable of creating false realities.

By the way, you can see the fossil record with your own eyes, and you can touch and feel them too.

yes there is... let us start with why the sky is blue and how this fact according to our perception has been established and why.

"blue" is just a human word to describe an experience created by our brain. My "blue" may be completely different to your "blue".

Maybe magic fairies make us see the sky as blue when it really is something else entirely. For every "fact" you offer, I can offer an alternative theory that proves it is nothing close to certainty.

There is evidence that the sky is blue, and there is evidence for evolution, but there are no absolute facts or certainties.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Life is not about absolute facts and certainty

life is not about facts? interesting coming from a supposedly scientific mind... maybe you should get more into the metaphysical and religion.

science on the other hand is based on fact, not evidence... and our perception of these so called "facts" which explain and define our reality.

you're gassing like a UFC fighter about to hit the ground

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

"blue" is just a human word to describe an experience created by our brain. My "blue" may be completely different to your "blue".

Maybe magic fairies make us see the sky as blue when it really is something else entirely. For every "fact" you offer, I can offer an alternative theory that proves it is nothing close to certainty.

Since science has proven for a fact why the sky is blue, and even how we perceive blue at all, maybe you can explain to us your alternative theory on how science is complete unreliable. Maybe you can prove that there is no point to scientific truth at all, and all we need is our own chemical-induced electrostatically-translated illusions to keep us reassured.

If that wasn't the point you were trying to make, then perhaps you could clarify for me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
SisyphusRide, let's cut the crap. If evolution is not true, explain the fossil record, please.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Since science has proven for a fact why the sky is blue, and even how we perceive blue at all, maybe you can explain to us your alternative theory on how science is complete unreliable. Maybe you can prove that there is no point to scientific truth at all, and all we need is our own chemical-induced electrostatically-translated illusions to keep us reassured.

If that wasn't the point you were trying to make, then perhaps you could clarify for me.

You misunderstood the point of my post.

I think science is very reliable, but the person I was responding to rejects my evidence for evolution because he only deals in absolute, hard facts. I am saying there is no such thing that matches the criteria he imposes on evolution.

There are no absolute certainties in life, we have to weigh up the evidence for or against a certain thing and make a probabilistic calculation of the likelihood of it being true. Nothing (except, perhaps, "I think, therefore I am") reaches 100% certainity.

I am arguing for science and evolution here, not against it. But only because I understand that science does not work with certainties can I appreciate its reliability.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

life is not about facts? interesting coming from a supposedly scientific mind... maybe you should get more into the metaphysical and religion.

Not absolute certainties, which is the way you are using the word "fact".

science on the other hand is based on fact, not evidence... and our perception of these so called "facts" which explain and define our reality.

Absolute rubbish.

Science is not based on evidence? I think that's the most riduclous and ignorant thing I've ever seen anyone write here, and this is a pretty whacky place.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join