It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grandest Conspiracy Ever Known. The New Age Religion of the Unproven Speculation (theory) of Evo

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter
none of the current origin explanations are satisfactory, i'm not getting upset about it

"God" - pretty far fetched
"Big Bang" - just as far fetched

evolution however is very real, even if it isn't genesis.
think about viruses that become drug resistant because of how we treat them

.... always keep searching, we are all lied to constantly

If everything's an accident, then you are an accident. Everything you think you know is an accident. Therefore truth cannot be applied to anything. So, you are no better than believers. Your atoms just shake differently, for no reason. So, I'd shut it if I were you. Even atheist's cannot become fully atheistic.

Atheist's must get it through their thick heads (hard to do I know) that if nothing has meaning or purpose, then their beliefs within itself, are merely just that.....BELIEF! Quite the tough pill to swallow huh? The belief of the atheist destroys itself on every foundation that it's founded upon. It all comes down to a man, who for no reason, which had no purpose, thought that for no reason, the universe worked in his accidental mind, that truly knows nothing.

Here's a proper atheist "Truther" guideline;

1) Since nothing has meaning or purpose, stop trying to debunk others, because what you believe in, debunks you as well.

2) When the NWO comes to take away your family, look in your families eyes and tell them not to worry, because there is no afterlife.

3) Don't prepare, because again, everything means nothing right?

4) Stop visiting conspiracy sites, because if nothing has meaning, then what the elite choose to do, doesn't mean jack squat, nor do they exist.

5) Whenever you are wronged in ANY way, let it slide, because you know....nothing has meaning.

6) Stop trying to find love, because love is merely an illusion.

7) Stop trying to be happy. Happiness is an illusion.

8) Why live? Why try to save your life? Might as well die, if everything means nothing. That's a pretty sucky way to live isn't it?

9) Lather, rinse.

10) And repeat.

Cool??? Alrighty then! When atheist's do this, I will then perhaps take any of them seriously, but that won't happen.

edit on 20-12-2012 by scmoG because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by scmoG because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scmoG

Your post is just one big strawman gripefest about atheism, which you seem to have mixed up with nihilism.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
As i stated before LOOK UP WHAT A THEORY MEANS IN SCIENCE,
the definition is different than the civilian one, this has to be the most
common mistake that is made again and again, theory in the civilian
sector means what you think, in science it has a different meaning.

here is a good definition for scientific theory.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.
edit on 14-12-2012 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

Oh i get it. So science took an existing word that essentially means "an unproven idea" and changed it's meaning to "fact".

Good one science. Because the word "fact" wasn't scientific enough.. AND bonus points for taking an existing word and giving it it's opposite meaning.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Oh i get it. So science took an existing word that essentially means "an unproven idea" and changed it's meaning to "fact". Good one science. Because the word "fact" wasn't scientific enough.. AND bonus points for taking an existing word and giving it it's opposite meaning.

No, it simply has a different scientific meaning than colloquial meaning, and the scientific meaning isn't "fact". I haven't had to pull these out in a while:

From the American Academy for the Advancement of Science:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.

From the US National Academy of Sciences:

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics). One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed.

Science already has an analogue to the colloquial meaning of "theory" -- hypothesis. Note that facts, hypotheses, and theories are three different informational constructs.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Theory in science is the same as in all other realities, educated guess. You can spruce it up with all of the big words you want but the meaning remains the same. Simple is better.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by begoodbees

Simple is better.

Blindly categorizing the table I'm sitting at, the chair I'm sitting on, and my dog all as "cats" because they all have four legs in an effort to "simplify" things is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join