It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunset was supposed to be at 4:40pm, but it was still very light way after 5

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ok i thought i would test this out because I have also noticed a odd difference.

today the sunrise was supposed to be at 7:53 am.

at 7:10 my alarm went off I looked outside and it was light out.

tonight I will do the same ..sunset is supposed to be at 4:04 pm

i'll post the result in here later.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

was it light out or was the sun in the sky?

@ the thread: come on you guys, get a grip on reality. Wish for doom all you want, it just isnt so!!!

Look at all the wishers:
Harold Camping and clan
Nancy Lieder and clan
Arabs and the Iman Mega Group here
Christians and Jesus Returns another Maga Group
Just the above 2 equal better part of what 2/3's of the world population? Collective Consciousness Brings Change will be proved to be a FALLACY with the 12/21 event

No I didnt mention the
out of work
Behind on taxes
Lost faith in Capitalism
Lost faith in Religion
Lost faith in Hope & Change
Those who found the secret to life ( there is no real secret at all )

about what 1/4 of the rest of the 1/3
edit on 12-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I hate to admit this publicly.....but the same thing happened in Memphis, Tn.

I thought it a little odd, but dismissed it as quickly as the the thought came.

I am a landscape contractor in Memphis and am always milking the last seconds of daylight to boost that bottom line

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by racer451

was it light out or was the sun in the sky?

@ the thread: come on you guys, get a grip on reality. Wish for doom all you want, it just isnt so!!!

it was completely light out and didn't get any "lighter" if thats what you mean.

...and to answer your 2nd comment.... who is wishing for doom?

we find it ODD.

and don't just assume all of us are teenagers ..some of us have been around long enough to notice ODD patterns and such.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

odd patterns such as?
The sun and moon are exactly where they always have been TODAY for the last how many millions of years?
edit on 12-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I live in the UK and normally when I turn my desk lamp off before leaving the office it's dark outside, however yesterday at 5pm it was still quite light?? I thought I was going mad!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Noticed the same thing yesterday, in South Carolina.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

The original post and this entire thread is not directed at "doom and gloom" thank you. My husband and I noticed something odd and I posted to see if anyone else noted any change. I know what the sun looks like in the sky.

I also know the difference between daybreak and dawn. If my meaning is unclear in my OP, let me clarify that the SUN was in the SKY earlier than it was supposed to be. The SUN was also NOT below the horizon point when it was expected to be.

This is what I have noticed. People from very different areas have noticed it as well.. This week, particularily yesterday.

~Edit~ I wish some ATSers would not treat others like they're all either idiots or children... I created a thread after observing something odd so there can be a logical discussion and therefore (hopefully) an equally logical conclusion. Open minded discussion and a collection of locations where the oddity has also occurred is also a goal here. At 40 years old, I know what sun in sky looks like as opposed to sun not in sky, thank you.

Please don't ASSUME we're dooming and glooming here, I've got some really nice Christmas presents for people and a heck of a New Year's party planned.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Invariance because: see ~edit~ note

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

~Edit~ I wish some ATSers would not treat others like they're all either idiots or children... I created a thread after observing something odd so there can be a logical discussion and therefore (hopefully) an equally logical conclusion. Open minded discussion and a collection of locations where the oddity has also occurred is also a goal here. At 40 years old, I know what sun in sky looks like as opposed to sun not in sky, thank you.

Please don't ASSUME we're dooming and glooming here, I've got some really nice Christmas presents for people and a heck of a New Year's party planned.

Ignore the trolls friend. Some people are incapable of being polite and or don't have any manners. I think this is a very worthy thread, and I have noticed what you mean. I too am in Central WI and not only has it seemed lighter than it should be in the morning it seems lighter than it should be in the evening.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well I just watched the sunset here in Hamilton, Ontario (just west of Toronto). Sunset was supposed to be at 4:44 and it is 4:42, but I am in a little bit of a valley. It is still light out of course, but the sun has definitely set.

But....it set in the NORTH!!!

(just joking)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

yes it is...the whole premise is, Thank you very much. All about something isnt right. Perpetrated by those would be 's cashing in on something isnt right, something is changing. Been going on for years. There is a thread next door about the moon isn't right. Guess what, its is just right. Right where its posed to be, just like the sun.

Look, here is how I know. Look at all the ancient architecture built just for catching light at the solstices and equinoxes. Sun shows up in those very small windows marking time of the earth and its dance with our sun. There is no mystery and all is well.

Sorry you guys want to believe so strongly to create a catastrophe which isnt true.
Sorry you cant use search which has brought all the same subject to debunk year after year.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Unless you're hobbits the sun is not over your roof at 7:40. Its still pretty low on the eastern horizon. The sun is not high enough to be over my neighbors roof until about 8:30 or so.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Right ! right now it is about two minutes before five here in the eastern US. Its medium blue going towards dark right now but it has been darkish all day with thick cloud cover. Last night at the same time it was brighter but we didnt have such a thick cloud cover yesterday as today.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Why would the inuets know more than anyone else please? Just because someones a native does not make them super psychics you know and neither does it make them smarter or more connected to the earth .

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I have noticed, and posted comments about the same thing. When I first noticed this a few months ago I researched old almanacs going all the way back to the 1890's and the pattern is pretty clear, sunrise and sunset times are predictable far in advance, except in 2012.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Daylight came early in Iceland? HUH? Daylight comes every day.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Dont be an idiot. Please provide the physics for this claim as it is entirely impossible for raising water (???) to effect the time the sun sets or rises or effects the time we see it because what ? The water is in our way? This is so far from possible that is cracks me up.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Really dude the polar ice caps are appropriatly located on the poles. Thats North and South. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. So this has nothing to do with when we see the sun unless you are at the poles and then maybe. Remember that for six months out of the year the sun doesnt even set at the poles and during the other 6 months the sun doesnt rise. How will that effect sunrise in NYC? It wont. How will a lower horizon ( pluheese) on the poles in the north and south effect what we see when we look east or west? It cant.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Oh come on people. It is never fully dark at 5:00. Its starting to get dark but even right up til the 21st its not fully dark at 5:00. It never was and it never will be. ( not due to the suns actions anyway. clouds of course have that effect but...) Sunset is not when its dark its when the sun is going down and we know we go through many shades of blue before we get to the deep blue/black of night. Its 5:15 now and its pretty dark but not fully dark but we also have thick cloud cover today so its darker than normal for 5 ish. Its usually about 5:30 or so before the street lights come on or cars put their lights on.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I forget that its summer for you guys. Must be funny to have Christmas decorations showing snowmen when its beach weather. Santa in a bathing suit at the beach ! Great love it . Or do your Christmas decorations show summer activity? No snow or snow flakes or snow men, or Frosty anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join