It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something super weird is going on with the Oregon shooting....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
KATU.COM Here is a link to the picture that has been talked about with a guitar case and a hockey mask. A 17 year old was arrested with all of this stuff a few days ago in Portland.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

you're right. I definitely didn't start out great. I was trying to be a little funny, but obviously it was in poor taste and insulted people off the bat.
Then my questions were being ignored and that didn't really make things better.

If there are circumstances that suggest a conspiracy, I'd like to know what they are. I haven't seen any. Maybe I missed something, and am not seeing it how others are seeing it. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything though...I'd like to be proven wrong though.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Viking Warlord's post regarding the potential shooter's connection to the bust made in the area days before is worth digging into. Now seriously, when was the last time you saw two of those hockey masks in the span of a few days.... in the same city.... associated with guns. I need help connecting the dots here, but my theory is....

The police arrested Jacob Roberts for something bad, and offered him a deal to reduce his charges. They promised him immunity if he was caught carrying out their 'operation'. They instead planned on killing him the whole time. They gave him an AR, the hockey mask, and guitar case from the photo in Viking's post. After all, those items were probably in the police evidence room from the bust the week before. When the time came, they sealed the mall off, shot him, and claimed he committed suicide. This would also explain why he had to yell "IM THE SHOOTER". It was part of the "deal".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CraigSnedeker
Very interesting.

Could be a connection... but why theaters and malls?

Cause that's where the people (targets) are?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
I picked on a fat kid in Jr. High. True story. Me and my cousin would wait by the corner near the baseball fields after school because all kinds of girls would be walking that way. One day this fatass says something to me along the lines of "Wannabe cassanova" or something and tries to make fun of us. Way out of left field. I never even knew this kid or messed with him so, I did the reasonable thing and punched him dead in the jaw and put him on his back. We took his backpack and threw everything out in the street. One day I took his wallet, took the money, and thew it way on the roof of the music building (LOL) ...This continued for about a year or so and last week of school he says "I'm going to f---king shoot you and all of your friends.". Guy brought it on himself but, he threatened to come to school and cut everyone down
...Guess what? His name was Jason. Perfectly common boy name in the United States. His dad (Who I heard was dead back then) was a customs officer so they had guns at home. Now, had he shot up the school would that make him some kind of government mind-control experiment? No. Just a fat kid that was mad at the world and had access to guns.

You're a terrible person.

I second that motion.

Some people are simply an embarrassment to h. sapiens.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overability
Hello ATS.. My girlfriend and I were in the mall when the shooting happend. As she works in the mall, I met her durring her lunch break and we went into the food court to sit down and eat. A few minutes later he started shooting. He was on the second floor just outside of the Macy's store entrance and shot nearly 4-5 times in fairly rapid succession followed by a short break, and then more gunshots. From where we were seated, he was no more than 15 feet away. We managed to make it outside through the food court doors and into the crowd of people crying, shaking, some faint and managed to talk to several people immediately after the first shots were fired.

We spoke to a lady who said she was on the same bus he was on. She could describe him, in detail, as wearing all black and wearing some kind of mask with a skull pattern on it. I read today that investigators found his vehicle in the mall parking lot. However, I think it would be a bit of a stretch for the lady I talked to to imagine seeing this guy on the bus and tell a blatant lie in her panicked state. Maybe his car was already at the mall with the weapons, prior to him arriving; who knows.

I talked to another group of people that stated they saw him walking into the mall with two other people. One in standard army camouflage, and two wearing all black. Talking and listening to people outside, you heard that they saw someone shooting wearing either camouflage or dressed all in black leading me to believe there was more than one person involved. I don't know about you, but I think it would be very difficult to confuse "all in black" with "army camouflage"

The response time of local law enforcement was incredibly fast. We managed to exit the building in under 5 minutes and as we were leaving multiple armed law enforcement officers were already arriving and securing the scene. Within about 20-25 minutes the roads were blocked and various agencies were on site assisting.

That seems....VERY fast! Hubby, with a lot of military training, agrees. Very strange.

Glad that you and your girlfriend made it out alright.

I would suggest, perhaps, writing down everything you can remember, and that your GF can remember, so that you can compare it with news stories as we hear more.

You know....I have to wonder....this business of possible multiple shooters, that vanish from the news afterwards....it isn't just this case and the Colorado case. In Arizona, there were initial reports of some "person of interest"; an older man - even showed a pic, partial profile - who later was suddenly not of interest, and then never mentioned again.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If this was a black op it would serve the dual goals of distracting the public from the ongoing societal collapse as well as stir up anti gun sentiment. Now who would want something like that?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
I have to say, for supposed manchurian candidates with assault rifles...these guys absolutely suck at hitting targets. Casualties always seem relatively low, given the potential of targets and the rounds being popped off.

If they really were doing a false flag operation, and really wanted to drive home the point, they'd have a lot more deaths....
and you'd think the media would be able to get the story straight and give the right number of people....

Those are 2 things that indicate it's NOT a conspiracy.

Maybe. There is another possibility, though. It's possible that this case was intended to show more than one thing. First, the "danger of guns". Next, perhaps, how we can trust the police, and whatever other agencies, to step in and keep people safe. Did you note the comment about how their fast response, because of a recent exercise, the shooter didn't claim more victims? So, the message could be, "Give up all the guns, and we will keep you safe."

Yes, there are a lot of crazy people in the world, and yes, it's possible that all this is simply coincidental. it's also possible that it isn't a coincidence at all. All anyone is doing here is looking at all the angles. Personally, I find it very interesting how many shooters these days are reported to have killed themselves, usually with no witnesses around to see it happen. We have had shootings a long time, but shootings with suicidal shooters? Seems a LOT more frequent in recent months.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here is Steve Forsyth's website.

Does this strike you as a big deal national marketing and broadcasting consultant with people like Disney?

www.bigfeat.com...

Then there is this: fotoforensics.com...

Look how edited this pic of him is!
Even the greaseboard is added on.

Steve was going about fulfilling another dream though. He had RECENTLY opened a kiosk ( I predicted this last night!), to sell wooden coasters. That's why he was there *cough, cough*, not because he was a directer in broadcasting.
edit on 12-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by phantomjack

The paranoia factor. Parents are urged to have kids fingerprinted in case they are ever kidnapped. I cannot, off hand, think of a single parent that I know who hasn't done so.

~Heff

I am one that has not. No real point to it. Seems like a good way, to me, for them to get data on everyone. Little kids grow up, and have no idea, maybe, that their prints are even on file.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

I get what you're saying. That "I am the shooter" comment fits into your theory nicely.
I think it's probably unlikely, but I get it. Cops most likely killed biggie and tupac(check the FBI records they recently declassified...highly likely, same type of car and type of gun that were used to kill biggie we're owned by one of the LAPD), I wouldn't put it past them to do this.
I dunno, his friends and neighbors have commented on him, and he doesn't really sound like a kid who'd be selling drugs like meth. He doesn't sound like a kid who would shoot up a mall either. however, meth is something you don't just snap into. Deciding to shoot up a place is something that could be caused by a snap decision.

edit on 12-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ok, so I just watched this video on CNN, and heard the whole gun jam thing. That's definitely weird. They even called it a miracle. That gun jamming was mentioned in this thread, but whoever said it didn't really say the whole thing, and someone else said he had a pistol on him in a nearby post....which wasn't true.
So what I heard happened is his gun jams, he starts running, and before the police find him, it miraculously unjammed and he shot himself with the AR.
That's definitely a weird occurrence....I still just don't see it signifying conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wills120

Originally posted by MissCoyote
this ENTIRE incident reeks of a horrible smell. the fact that this kid was a popular ordinary clackamas college student working at a gyro food place and got good grades in school to conflicting accounts as to what happened and an ar-15 jamming and reloading and *facepalm i wanna see what he was on. I WANT WHAT HAPPENED TO MAKE HIM SNAP I WANT THE LAST CALL MADE.

I agree....this stinks of bovine excrement. In about the 20 years I've owned various AR-15's, I've had them only jam about 2-3x and that was my fault. Now I seriously doubt this guy was as OCD as I am about my rifles but it appears to be quite a coincidence that both happen to jam during a mass shooting. I can totally see the high-capacity drum jamming (as in the first case) but not a standard 20-30rd PMAG as being reported for this one.

Not saying it didn't go down the way it did, it just seems rather odd.

You know, that made me think of something. An AR-15 really isn't a lot different from an M-16. In the Army (way back when), the ONLY time we ever saw one of those jam was, get this, when we were firing blanks, at a grenade range. Blanks. 60 shots fired, they estimate. Three victims, not counting the shooter. Jammed rifle. Hmmmmmm.........

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin
I'm watching cnn, his neighbor Bobbi Bates said he got into his car with a guitar case (most likely concealing the AR). In the other thread with the photo of all the weed and guns on the table, what is on the floor there??? Check it out!! A guitar case!

And there's a tactical vest in the picture too!

edit on 12-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well, maybe they told him the gun had blanks in it. I don't know about the meth thing though. I really haven't followed this story much as James Holmes, and I KNOW that was a set up. The police being compliant.

On a side note... Turn on Piers Morgan, he's losing his mind!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This girl is 15?

And really, what family when their daughter is shot in the chest doesn't turn to facebook within hours to set up a collection page?

www.katu.com...

Hmmm.
This doesn't even mention her parents by name in the article or the fb page.

The third person Ms.Yuille, has another sort of link to the Colorado shooting. She allegedly worked for Kaiser Permanente.
There was a KP hospital right across the street from the theatre in Aurora.
What was odd was that with allegedly 70 victims and a hospital RIGHT THERE. No victims were said to have been taken there. Isn't that odd?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Yeah, why put the mask in the photo? Why would they confiscate that? Is it illegal to reenact Jason movies AND play hockey in OR?!! All joking aside, isn't like they're trying to determine who is gullible and who isn't with these ridiculously obvious conspiracies lately? I mean the photo has a hockey mask, the Portland P.D. logo in the background, the guitar case, tactical vest (nice find BTW!) within a week or so of this incident. People believing this crap is the real conspiracy!

Something about that paper bag isn't sitting right with now lol! Keep digging peeps!
edit on 12-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Isn't there a way to look at who websites are registered to, traffic reports, and registration date?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hey guys, I've been a lurker on here & decided to join in on this crazy topic. Have any of you seen the shooters facebook account? Of course I was curious and checked it out. Insane. He sounded like a typical, laid back, fun guy.

....Oh and he was wearing a bullet proof vest, yet shot himself? Hmm.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
He didn't get them in unnoticed. One of the "witnesses" stated they were sitting by the front door (of Macy's),
and saw him with the gun slung over his shoulder like a "backpack".
Whatever that means. A back holster maybe?

So no attempt to hide it.
Stores like Macy's hire their own store security during the holidays soooo, don't know how that got by without raising some eyebrows.

I saw that, after posting. That is even more odd.....walking through an entire large department store, with a visible gun? Do we have any reports that maybe people called that in, before the shooting started? That might explain the fast response time....though not sure about four SWAT teams. Do you have a link for that? That detail wasn't in the reports I read and heard.

There were several different descriptions given by other "witnesses".
There were reports in the beginning of three people.

It seems very possible to me that they were dressed in the alternate outfits.
But, left and for all I know and suspect came out and started giving the narrative to the press.

It seems odd that the woman who reports seeing him and a gun (SO visible) didn't report seeing others with him. Have to wonder....who is telling the truth? Maybe she's a phony witness....

If there were others involved, and I think there were, then they had to have blended in to the shoppers, and taken off. Only question is, where did their guns go? Why do I think more than one? Well, as I stated in another post, the ONLY time my M-16 jammed in Basic was when we fired blanks. My buddy and I did that at a grenade range, and about two magazines in would do it. 60 shots, and his gun reportedly jams? Maybe the shots that hit people didn't come from his gun.

It seems like a straight up role-playing game that is being passed off as "live" for the propaganda value.
There is no way that 4 SWAT teams showed up in about a minute which is what the Sheriff said and what
witnesses said.
That doesn't happen unless they were already in on the action.

Yeah....that's really odd. Seems clear at this point that the press can't be trusted (any of them) since no one seems to be questioning any of this script!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join