It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clackamas Town center Shooting Portland, happening now.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The suspect has not yet been identified. I will post the profile of these shooters, which I have compiled from previous incidents:

--Friends may notice abrupt changes in mood in the days and weeks before the shooting. He may have complained that lately he has experienced strange and vivid dreams of a violent nature.

--He will be dressed in all black and/or camoflage, oftentimes with a black trenchcoat.

--Eyewitnesses at the scene will say the shooter was 'like a robot,' or that there were a totally blank expression on his face.

--The media will paint him as a loner, but he will in fact have a circle of friends or be part of a clique.

--Extra ammo/guns/bombs will be found at his home and in his auto(this to 'close the circle' of guilt in the public's mind). The guns will have been legally acquired by the shooter or a close relative/neighbor. He will have brought an excessive quantity of ammunition to the scene. (This is so that, if he has 200rounds of ammo, people will think "Wow, he must have wanted to kill 200 people. What a nut!")

--Literature and/or videos about Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson(infamous American cult leader), or the Columbine killers will be found amongst his possessions.

--He will be computer-savvy, and likely left an online presence. He may have left some kind of manifesto, though it will be incomprehensible/nonsensical for the most part. He will have hinted at what he had planned, but the name of the target itself will not be mentioned.

--He will probably have been a player of violent video games, and will have been a fan of violence-themed movies. He will have produced his own videos in which he is seen with his weapons or expressing his hatred and/or violence.

--He will have a strong interest in weapons--guns, knives, swords, bombs--or the military.

--He will have had contact with a military recruiter or he will have spent some time in the military before being seperated under murky circumstances.

--There is a good chance he will have been active in "Live Action Role Playing"(LARP) games. Or he will have been a player in "Airsoft"/paintball games.

--He will have been mentally "treated" at some point by a counselor, psychologist, or a psychiatrist. And this shrink will likely remain unidentified and will NEVER be interviewed, even though he is perhaps best positioned to tell us what the motive is. The shooter may also may have taken "anger management" sessions.

--He will have a history of taking SSRIs(selective seritonin reuptake inhibitors).

--There is some likelihood that he was institutionalized or hospitalized at some point before the attack. At any rate there will gaps in the timeline where police cannot account for his whereabouts.

--He probably had some contact with the police/law enforcement before the shooting.

--He might have been involved with Satanism or other strange occultic-type religions.

--If he survived the assault, he will be unable to explain why he did what he did. He may claim that 'voices' in his head told him to do it. Or he may not even remember the act at all. But whether the shooter lives or dies, motive will always remain a mystery.

--He will NOT have acted alone. There is a good possibility others were shooting also; or at the very least others will have encouraged him and helped plan the attack and get weapons.

--Afterwards, the politicians will call for increased laws against gun ownership, more armed security personnel everywhere, and metal detectors at the school/mall.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex
facebook friends are posting - happening now & they're running out. insane.

Just get outta there people.. once you are safe and sound at home, THEN update your Facebook status.

I can see people running away, nose deep in their smart phone.
edit on 12-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A gun has been found at Evergreen highschool in Vancouver.

No threat at the time. Schools are in lockdown.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This was posted on another website. It indicates someone had foreknowledge.

i.imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
4chan users are trolls on the highest level and it would not surprise me at all if that is doctored in anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I will post the link. It is on topic because it provides a comparison, but keep in mind the news got this story wrong. They left out a lot of important details (I was cool with the people that were there back in the day).

Keep in mind they got a lot of stuff wrong or left it out. He was holding the door for everyone to get inside. Also, he saved the kid that killed him from getting jumped prior to getting killed.

wchbnewsdetroit.com...

Now do you see what I mean about the AR? An AR Is extremely easy to aim, even if you have never touched one in your life.

They also did not mention the boy was firing into a crowd of teenagers.
edit on 12-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
OK, first, CTC mall is about 1.5 miles from my work and between work and my house, I ride my bike right by it on my commute to work. It was eerie as hell riding by this morning,seeing the Macy's (as it is on the side of the mall I ride by) and the remaining police presence. All that to say, this hits home for me more than any other "mass" shooting event. I offer my best wishes to the families of the victims and a speedy recovery to the girl at OHSU who is recovering from gun shot wounds.

That said, according to several accounts the shooter stopped shooting and ran when the gun jammed, additionally at least one account stated that he dropped the gun and ran. Does anyone else have corroborating info on him dropping the gun? And if so, what did he shoot himself with? As that appears to be the official story at this time.

Again, best wishes to all involved. And thanks to the OP for getting this up so fast yesterday. I wish his wife the best in her recovery from the unavoidable trauma of such a situation.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

op mayhem and op tyler are all about collecting leaks from companies and setting up a website to leak them all on....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
4chan users are trolls on the highest level and it would not surprise me at all if that is doctored in anyway.

Am I a troll...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
The suspect has not yet been identified. I will post the profile of these shooters, which I have compiled from previous incidents:

--Friends may notice abrupt changes in mood in the days and weeks before the shooting. He may have complained that lately he has experienced strange and vivid dreams of a violent nature.

--He will be dressed in all black and/or camoflage, oftentimes with a black trenchcoat.

--Eyewitnesses at the scene will say the shooter was 'like a robot,' or that there were a totally blank expression on his face.

--The media will paint him as a loner, but he will in fact have a circle of friends or be part of a clique.

--Extra ammo/guns/bombs will be found at his home and in his auto(this to 'close the circle' of guilt in the public's mind). The guns will have been legally acquired by the shooter or a close relative/neighbor. He will have brought an excessive quantity of ammunition to the scene. (This is so that, if he has 200rounds of ammo, people will think "Wow, he must have wanted to kill 200 people. What a nut!")

--Literature and/or videos about Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson(infamous American cult leader), or the Columbine killers will be found amongst his possessions.

--He will be computer-savvy, and likely left an online presence. He may have left some kind of manifesto, though it will be incomprehensible/nonsensical for the most part. He will have hinted at what he had planned, but the name of the target itself will not be mentioned.

--He will probably have been a player of violent video games, and will have been a fan of violence-themed movies. He will have produced his own videos in which he is seen with his weapons or expressing his hatred and/or violence.

--He will have a strong interest in weapons--guns, knives, swords, bombs--or the military.

--He will have had contact with a military recruiter or he will have spent some time in the military before being seperated under murky circumstances.

--There is a good chance he will have been active in "Live Action Role Playing"(LARP) games. Or he will have been a player in "Airsoft"/paintball games.

--He will have been mentally "treated" at some point by a counselor, psychologist, or a psychiatrist. And this shrink will likely remain unidentified and will NEVER be interviewed, even though he is perhaps best positioned to tell us what the motive is. The shooter may also may have taken "anger management" sessions.

--He will have a history of taking SSRIs(selective seritonin reuptake inhibitors).

--There is some likelihood that he was institutionalized or hospitalized at some point before the attack. At any rate there will gaps in the timeline where police cannot account for his whereabouts.

--He probably had some contact with the police/law enforcement before the shooting.

--He might have been involved with Satanism or other strange occultic-type religions.

--If he survived the assault, he will be unable to explain why he did what he did. He may claim that 'voices' in his head told him to do it. Or he may not even remember the act at all. But whether the shooter lives or dies, motive will always remain a mystery.

--He will NOT have acted alone. There is a good possibility others were shooting also; or at the very least others will have encouraged him and helped plan the attack and get weapons.

--Afterwards, the politicians will call for increased laws against gun ownership, more armed security personnel everywhere, and metal detectors at the school/mall.

You left out one thing:

- he will be found out to be gay.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The high count IMO of missed shots could be attributed to two things.
1) He fired a large number of warning shots into the air (I thought i read this various times)
2) Inner conflict over what he was doing. This would also explain the whole getting dressed up in body armor yet killing himself.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Now do you see what I mean about the AR? An AR Is extremely easy to aim, even if you have never touched one in your life.

Please just stop!
What do you mean "easy to aim"????
Are you referring to using an acog or iron sights??
Have you ever handled any weapon?
Some people cannot figure out how to chamber many weapons yet alone use them effectively, or clear a malfunction.
Call of duty is not a substitute for range time...
The longer a gun is, the "easier" it will be to aim...
But even monkeys fall out of trees.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
To the OP, I'm so glad that your wife is safe. I can't imagine what either of you went through, but best wishes to both of you.

As for the shooter, I think I found his facebook and if it is his, he appears to have a child. Yet another victim who will have to deal with what happened for the rest of their lives.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This was posted on another website. It indicates someone had foreknowledge.

i.imgur.com...

This might explain why the 4 SWAT teams arrived so fast.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Not So Happy Happy Valley, Oregon...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Shooter has been identified as Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22, using a stolen weapon:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerrorAlertRed
This might explain why the 4 SWAT teams arrived so fast.

I noticed that too. A few witnesses seemed to describe hearing gunshots, running out of the mall, and encountering police already massing outside.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
...on the flip side ... here appears to be a case in my home town where the cops were at the right place on time. They actually were on scene as the crime ( a bank robbery ) was in progress and shot the suspect before anyone else got hurt.
If only this could be the case more often

www.globaltvedmonton.com...

I can' t get this link to work ... damn technology handicap...any help?

edit on 12-12-2012 by cprnicus because: Bad link

edit on 12-12-2012 by cprnicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by cprnicus because: link won't work!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Shooter has been identified as Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22, using a stolen weapon:

news.yahoo.com...

CNN earlier, gave his address. Is that common practice? Now his landlord will get swamped with reporters - that's just wrong.
What if he had a family there, or a room mate?
Is there no privacy laws in the US?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
According to KGW 10000 people were in the mall yesterday-correct me if I'm wrong. We have multiple eye witnesses with similar stories how fast SWAT got there and how many cops where already on scene.

If that 4chan link is real it is a critical piece of evidence. Save that image-it might not be up much longer.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join