It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clackamas Town center Shooting Portland, happening now.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

An AK would be another example of an extremely easy to aim rifle. It also a jams a lot less. IMO our infantry should have to option to carry them. And?

Are you saying that most rifles are not more difficult than those two? Next you will say "an SK is not". Get real.

Since you responded to that specific post though, how much harder is it to aim a revolver than an AR? A whole lot harder. That was the context of that post.

Further, the OP's wife said there were about 15 rapid fire shots. From and AR. Followed by the rest... I think he was capable of chambering a round, and clearing a jam is normally simple unless you stove pipe. Regardless, you have 15 rapid shots with no jam. From an AR. Get freaking real man.
edit on 12-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Folks in my opinion the shooter (a look in his eyes from the photos i've archived so far, a persona, look to his face...); reminds me of the suspect in the Colorado incident. Creepy. Just a casual observance. Very tragic none the less. I have been to this shopping center many times in Portland. Cheers to you OP, very, very glad to hear your family is healthy and safe. Frightening times indeed.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

So where was Security yesterday when this guy walked in with an AR 15? Are you recommending gun checks at all the entrances and security metal detectors too? You are playing right into the NWO.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I see so many comments everywhere about this kids appearance and how he looks like the kind of person that would do this.

I think it's total bullcrap.

He looks like a normal freakin kid to me.

I know plenty of people that actually look like they are "psycho" or "weird", but guess what?... They haven't killed anyone!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
OR lawmakers jumping on the gun-restrictions call... Never let a good crisis go to waste...
edit on 12-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It seems to me that we, as American People should all keep our weapons to keep us protected from crazies like this guy and the Theater shooter.Thanks CIA, for the reminder!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripnman
reply to post by mademyself1984

Personally, if a company like Starbucks or FedEx doesn't want me to carry in their stores, then I just don't spend my money there.

Just a side-note....Starbucks has a standing company policy that specifically does NOT attempt to circumvent or over-ride local CCR laws. They've caught a lot of flack for that. But, if concealed carry is allowed in your area, then Starbucks supports that. They've been very good on supporting gun rights.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by starviego
Shooter has been identified as Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22, using a stolen weapon:

news.yahoo.com...

So any details of this lone ranger?

I must of gotten caught up. I missed that post. He was 22!? That is not what people said either the scanners or the first reports said! From what I remember from last night anyways.

SO a 22 year old is now the one missing this much with an AR-15. This has to be a conspiracy. Combined with the insane amount of media coverage for absolutely no reason and you have surely got a political agenda on your hands.

At least we don't have ANOTHER white Floridian shooting a black man for playing music or wearing a hoodie and making national headlines for no reason... Same concept though. It is all a stupid political game.

My foreign intelligence agency theory has yet to be debunked though!!!!!

edit: sorry I got confused with the thread where people were claiming the 17 year old who got caught with 6 guns and a bunch of weed and meth the same day was his partner.

What ever happened to the original reports of 3 people being involved.... why did that report get made. There must have been a reason.

Do you think that a foreign spy agency can arrange for a role-playing exercise of "active shooter" at this very same mall earlier in the year?
Do you think a foreign spy agency could arrange for 4 SWAT teams and 100 police officers to be on the scene in full gear in a ONE MINUTE response time?
That is as per the Sheriff.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Why is this mans face so similar to the colorado shooters? i mean i look on his face-maybe even his facial structure i dont know, i just get an bizzare almost errie feeling when i look at both the shooters. Its probably just me but i feel like like somethings up..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jurassicTruth

Giffords shooter is Clakamas Mall Shooter:

Giffords shooter: Pic:

img.perezhilton.com...

Mall Shooter:

a.abcnews.com... Pic:

Plus they both have that same mind controlled look.
Giffords shooting date11 11 11
Clakamas shooting 12 11 12

MOTHER OF GOD!!!

how amazing the mall shooter just happened to kill himself?
Anybody else see the same thing?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

Unreal. It was the facial expression. They look like they are not all there in the head.
Also where did the pic of the shooter come from? he shot himself so i dont think he would look that happy

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

KATU.COM
Yup, right on schedule. They are proposing a high capacity magazine ban. I'm sure they are frothing at the mouth to go buck wild and ban ammo too. Also, the bill is dated 9/20/12. Very convenient for them that this tragedy occurred.
edit on 12/12/12 by VikingWarlord because: added content

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ahh yes, the recent 'drill':

www.dailymail.co.uk...
The sheriff said the gunman was also hindered in his efforts to kill more people by a fast police response, quick thinking from shoppers and a recently-rehearsed mall lockdown.

abcnews.go.com...
Officials from the Oregon City School District, where Roberts graduated from Oregon City High School, were also surprised at the news.
"This news is very shocking to those who knew Jacob while at OCHS. He was known as a soft spoken and polite young man who was often eager to be helpful. The motive for such a horrific act is likely to remain a mystery to us all," the district said in a statement.

Now how in the world would the school district know that? Are they the detectives now? No, they are just preparing us for the lack of any motive for the crime, as usual in these whack shooter cases.

The official spin-meisters are out, eerily echoing the remarks of Bob Costas last week:

abcnews.go.com...
Most mass shooters are between the ages of 15 and 25, (Dr. Mary Ellen O'Toole, a retired FBI profiler) said.
"This is where we see young men acting out in a different way," she said, citing increased levels of testosterone. "It has to do with their biological make-up and development."
(former FBI agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett) said that the age period between 15 to 25 years .... can be a factor that can cause unstable young men to kill.
While investigators try to piece together what made Roberts snap, O'Toole warned the cycle of gun violence will continue.
"Somewhere, there is a male in this age range thinking of outdoing the shooter in Aurora and outdoing the shooter in Oregon and they are watching this and saying, 'I am going to do it.'"

And when all else fails, play the race card:

abcnews.go.com...
From the costume to his age and ethnicity, Roberts fit the mold of who FBI profilers expected the shooter to be."Its clear the majority [of shooters] are white males, but we can't say anything statistical about that," O'Toole said, pointing to the Virginia Tech shooting, which was perpetrated by a Korean, and the Red Lake shooting, where the gunman was Native American.
Nevertheless, she acknowledged the preponderance of whites among the list of mass killers.
"I think it's a question that needs to be put out there," O'Toole said.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Wrong theory. I know there are a lot of them here.

That theory I was referring to was a foreign intelligence agency brainwashing him and then drugging him up. The two that got up and ran would likely be the handlers, and members of whatever agency it may be.

You are referring to the theory that our own alphabet boys staged this and no one even got killed. I must admit, the latter is more appealing than the former. It is not more valid though.

I do not see why either one would hold more water. Either way, we would get the same story wouldn't we? Think about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Viking Warlord's post regarding the potential shooter's connection to the bust made in the area days before is worth digging into. The photo in the story not only shows stolen guns and a hockey mask, but also a guitar case on the floor. Jacob Roberts' neighbor (Bobbi Bates) said she saw him get in his car with a guitar case. Most likely, he was using that to conceal the AR-15. Now seriously, when was the last time you saw two of those hockey masks in the span of a few days.... in the same city.... associated with guns. I need help connecting the dots here, but my theory is....

The police arrested Jacob Roberts for something bad, and offered him a deal to reduce his charges. They promised him immunity if he was caught carrying out their 'operation'. They instead planned on killing him the whole time. They gave him an AR, the hockey mask, and guitar case from the photo in Viking's post. After all, those items were probably in the police evidence room from the bust the week before. When the time came, they sealed the mall off, shot him, and claimed he committed suicide. This would also explain why he had to yell "IM THE SHOOTER". It was part of the "deal".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

Link to Photo Seriously good catch on the guitar case!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by Frettin

Or maybe he got out on bail and went on a rampage... Your guess is as good as mine, right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Haha thanks! We're gonna crack this one I can feel it. Never underestimate the analytical powers of thousands of conspiracy buffs in one place. ATS should replace FBI DHS and all the other "alphabet agencies" haha!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

I don't think they would've given him the hockey mask back though. If they did, he stole that AR quick! Also, my theory only works in a linear fashion. If rampage is the case, then why do you subscribe to the part that he was even arrested beforehand at all? Some other kid got busted with all those guns in the photo.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin
Viking Warlord's post regarding the potential shooter's connection to the bust made in the area days before is worth digging into. The photo in the story not only shows stolen guns and a hockey mask, but also a guitar case on the floor. Jacob Roberts' neighbor (Bobbi Bates) said she saw him get in his car with a guitar case. Most likely, he was using that to conceal the AR-15. Now seriously, when was the last time you saw two of those hockey masks in the span of a few days.... in the same city.... associated with guns. I need help connecting the dots here, but my theory is....

The police arrested Jacob Roberts for something bad, and offered him a deal to reduce his charges. They promised him immunity if he was caught carrying out their 'operation'. They instead planned on killing him the whole time. They gave him an AR, the hockey mask, and guitar case from the photo in Viking's post. After all, those items were probably in the police evidence room from the bust the week before. When the time came, they sealed the mall off, shot him, and claimed he committed suicide. This would also explain why he had to yell "IM THE SHOOTER". It was part of the "deal".

My questions ran more to when was the last time you saw that much pot and little specimen jars of bud in connection with a 17 yr. old?

I have no doubt they were in the evidence room but I was pretty sure they bagged stuff, not put it into glass display jars. There was something about that whole first photograph that seemed strange to me.
And what would have been the rationale for THAT guy having a hockey mask taken as 'evidence'. Evidence of what? So you are right that it is odd to have two crop up in stories so close together.
It may have been part of a set-up if needed to say the shooting was gang related or something.
Instead they went with "he was planning on going to Hawaii". Yeah, lots of guys working at the sandwich shop are making those Hawaiian vacay plans, pffft.

It crossed my mind too, that the guy Roberts could have been offed by the cops and just told the media that he shot himself. He might have been just a guy at the mall for all we know. Nobody here knows him or how he was really dressed.
We are given a narrative to either buy into or not.
I don't go in for all the programming and scopolamine scenarios.
They don't need that. They control the megaphone of TV so they can tell the story any way they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join