It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BL-Intresting link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've been following this from the beginning, and to be quite frank, I have no idea where this game is going. But from past experiances(cough rings cough) I know to shift through the posts on ATS, and I've found this intersting onehere

I'm not quite sure what that person ment, or if it actually exists because no one responded, but I've also goggled quite a few things and all searches have ran up dry. I might stop by in the library Monday, and check out what we have in there.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looks funny to me, shame he's banned.
Is there any way of searching for other posts by banned members?
I found this post while searching and it looks a bit odd.
There's a lot of uppercase in it and it's never been edited.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Might be connected to the game.
DarkFlame meant probably the code:

asd
fkmgermgvq'431op5
help~!
fdgjkldav
artwetj
sav

9 X 5 chars?

Nice MySQL bug, try 431op5 as thread number. Is this a hacking game?
EDIT: Just a major security hole. The board script just reads in whatever is after thread and then uses it after WHERE. Nothing special.

[edit on 25/10/04 by tontsum]

Odd

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Personally, I could easily see how this could be relevant to the game. The fact that few references to a 'black labyrinth' exist in standard occult symbolism, plus the interesting rarity of the kind of person that both a) spends a lot of time at the 'libary' and b) can't spell 'library', makes this smell like the game is afoot.

It is definitely worth noting, though, that the message was posted in June of 2003, well over a year ago. So, we have three possibilities:

1) ATS staff planned for this long in advance, and this is part of the game.
2) ATS staff modified the board to make it seem as though there had been past rumors, and this is part of the game.
3) The guy was a nut.

Perhaps also of note is the fact that the member who posted this was involved in a rather lengthy argument with DragonRider, another member that has since been banned... in this argument, the subject stood strongly in the defense of freemasonry.

Or, hell, maybe I'm grasping at straws. I just want to get this thing started

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The admins could always have slipped the thread in just a few days ago, but with an old date. They should have that power, you know
I consider this plausible because I find it hard to believe that no-one responded to it for over a year, then suddenly everyone notices it.

Perhaps the date has some special signifigance?

EDIT: Ehe he he... scratch that. Too many legit posts by that user. Ah well.

Nezuji

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Nezuji]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tontsum
Might be connected to the game.
DarkFlame meant probably the code:

asd
fkmgermgvq'431op5
help~!
fdgjkldav
artwetj
sav

9 X 5 chars?

Nice MySQL bug, try 431op5 as thread number. Is this a hacking game?
EDIT: Just a major security hole. The board script just reads in whatever is after thread and then uses it after WHERE. Nothing special.

[edit on 25/10/04 by tontsum]

I think it was a joke, like the NWO had grabbed him and was tearing him away from his computer hence the random letters. Or is that what they want you to think?!

---pineapple

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
actually, that code wasn't in there when i orrigionally posted that link, to eaches own, i just thought it was amusing because it taked about the devils maze, yet i couldn't find anything on it, or even refrence to it. but that's sure weird that the "code" turned up in there lately...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Things to note: The original post has no post numbers at the top like the rest do. Banned member listed as free mason. Registered same date as post. Has 160 points. Web site in signature appears to be written in German and is about American Indians. On June 2, 1924 American Indians were granted citizenship. 6/2/03 =11

Edit: Added info

[edit on 10/26/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I thought it was FreeMason at first, too. But if you look at the thread listing, the thread was created by TheWanderer, another banned user. But both of these users have over 100 posts in many and varied threads. Seems like a LOT of trouble to go to even for such a game...

... unless the game authors just made the post under a banned account name to add to the confusion...

... but then what's the whole FreeMason/TheWanderer thing about?

Nezuji

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Nezuji, I was refering to the line under where the banned members name was. I think you have to buy that specialized line with your ATS points. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Anyway have you looked at the posts of The Wanderer or whoever the banned member was to see if the writing style is the same? ie: very poor spelling, use of abreviatons like b4 and any1? If they are similar then perhaps that is a reason for being banned-going where one ought not. If they are not the same then perhaps it was simply posted under a banned members ID. Can you explain why there are no post numbers or post ID as this is he reason I thought it was placed by the game author/s. Sure would like to know....

[edit on 10/26/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
this seriously goes against my grain, but im going with my evil gut and working on that "code" on the bottom of the one post. i know, it's sad really, but no harm there, right? the worst that can happen is it's a lost cause and it's totally irrevelent to the game.

so first i picked the numbers out and started punching them in:
1345: www.abovetopsecret.com...
1354: www.abovetopsecret.com...
1453: www.abovetopsecret.com...
1435: www.abovetopsecret.com...
1543: www.abovetopsecret.com...
1534: www.abovetopsecret.com...
3451: www.abovetopsecret.com...
3415: www.abovetopsecret.com...
3514: www.abovetopsecret.com...
3541: www.abovetopsecret.com...
3154: www.abovetopsecret.com...
3145: www.abovetopsecret.com...
4315: no number
4351: www.abovetopsecret.com...
4153: no number
4135: www.abovetopsecret.com...
4531: www.abovetopsecret.com...
4513: www.abovetopsecret.com...
5134: www.abovetopsecret.com...
5143: no number
5341: www.abovetopsecret.com...
5314: no number
5431: www.abovetopsecret.com...
5413: no number

annnd that's all i got to... sorry folks, i'm extreamly tired, i might possibly update tommarrow if my professors decides to stop being so professorish and giving so much to do. dumb school

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Nezuji, I was refering to the line under where the banned members name was. I think you have to buy that specialized line with your ATS points. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Anyway have you looked at the posts of The Wanderer or whoever the banned member was to see if the writing style is the same?

My bad. Not knowing the full ins and outs of the ATS board system, I originally confused FreeMason as the name of the banned poster (there is another banned user by that name), and I just assumed that you had done the same. Duh me! Anyway, I did check a few random posts by TheWanderer and they seem to be in a very similar style, which led me to think maybe this thread wasn't part of the game.

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Can you explain why there are no post numbers or post ID as this is he reason I thought it was placed by the game author/s. Sure would like to know....

I thought that was a very good question, so I had a look. It seems that post numbers and post IDs didn't start appearing on posts until some time between 12:11 and 14:45 on 16th March 2004 (GMT +10:00). My guess is that some sort of change was made to the forum settings or code at that time.

Nezuji

top topics

join