It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France annoucement.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Today, France defense Minister told to the french press that french nuclear air-carrier " Charles de Gaulle " will be ready, in January, to go straight to the Gulf to join the US and UK Naval Forces.

[Edited on 23-12-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Where was this? Makes sense though, we're fast approaching bomb-dropping day...

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have heard it on the radio, when I was driving my car.

I think that I will be able to find a link ( probably a french lnk, of course
). I'll post it if I find it.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok, I found it.

www.funradio.fr...#

But it's in french, sorry

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I could parlais vous Francais enough to get the jist....

Thanks!

[Edited on 23-12-2002 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:37 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!

The French might fight?!?!

Did Iraq threaten to steal there wine or something.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whuf. My French is TERRIBLE! I need to study! I did sort of get the gist -- thanks to your translation, UP.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The French are coming..Holy Crap..!

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Guys, all jokes aside, the French are in this war with Iraq for the same reason Australia is, even though the French forces are larger than ours. For Freedom. We believe in freedom along with the US and the UK, and are willing to die for it!
The free world, once achieved, believes strongly in it and will do anything to preserve it. Dictators believe the only way to stay in power is to Indoctrinate there own or other people and to install regimes of terror in order to in spite fear in them. Very wrong! People are scared to believe! That�s very wrong!

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 08:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Haha, I hope for them that the carrier will make it all the way to the Gulf, the French government has spend millions of Euro's on that carrier.
It has suffered all kinds of technical problems in the past...

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 08:36 AM
link   
is about Freedom? Nah...sure it sounds all flowery and patriotic, but it all boils down to the same reason all wars are fought (excepting religious crusades, which usually involve this factor too)...Economics. Not that removing a terrorist friendly dictator doesn't help freedom a bit though, hehe....

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There is a show Channel on my cable tv called Tech TV..

on that channel they have a Show (cant recall its name) that rates Millitary equipment , readiness and so on..I do believe its a British made program..

Any who..they rated the French Carrier as a resonding 2 thumbs down..out of a possable 5 (being the best) they gave it a 2 ....cuz it floats!

But Hey glad to see the French coming along..

Boomslang
Just my 2 copper pieces

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 02:07 PM
link   
today france, china and russia told america that they will not particapate in the war agaisnt Iraq due to lack of proof they have need to go to war. They don't belive they even have nukes, even though there are wepons inspecters who have tolf the world that they due. Mabey war agaist Iraq and these above three is not a bad idea.

www.boston.com...

[Edited on 12/24/02 by Samtheozzman]

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Haha, I hope for them that the carrier will make it all the way to the Gulf, the French government has spend millions of Euro's on that carrier.
It has suffered all kinds of technical problems in the past...

Yes Zion. But now, their air carrier is ready and don't have any problems anymore. And the new right-wing french gov ordered a second one.

I saw this Big Boat, and really,even if I don't like France, I think that it will be a deadly mistake to underestimate it.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Typical French..they cant make up there mind..tell someone kicks there ass..then they going crying for help..IS there another country with there history of having to have other countrys come to there rescue..I mean look at the French Foriegn Legion..they cant barly field a Army of there own people..

UP...i think what the Show i made referance to was saying ..was that in regards to "bang for the buck" ie getting what they paid for..the screwed up big time..*like i said it was a british made show* we all know there is no love lose there

Boomslang

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 01:01 PM
link   
wow the charles de gaulle nice iraq shud be shakin now, hopefully but the french will do something with it anmd maybe help the US out

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Members:

It should be remembered that in Gulf War I the French
were very much in agreement to strike back against Iraq early on, with the provision that the goal was to destroy Saddam Hussein .

France has not been timid in intervention where their (France's) Interests have been threatened, especially in the former French Colonys in Africa. Thats what they have the French Foreign Legion for.

Theodore L. Gieseking

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 03:00 AM
link   
HI
I'm french and i well know technical problems about the CDG-air carrier
It's a quite good boat but it suffered of frauds in quality control...
Actually, french army is quite poor, so the CDG is only equiped of 15 RAFALES MARINE...
A good plane but from a conception a little bit old
The other planes and helicopters are :
Mirages, Etendard and super-etendard // plane
Eurocopter TIGRE and Dolphin for helicopter

Our defense minister (Michelle ALLIOT-MARIE, a woman) is not OK for a french particpation in the gulf but we are in the NATO, so, if USA decide to attack (that ins't sure for now) we come !!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join