It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by NavyDoc
reply to post by Honor93

Again, you are being stupid. I used "firefighters" as an example of an individual employed by the government. You said that there were no federal firefighters. I showed you that, in fact, there were. You are trying to weasel out of your stupid, ignorant, comments.
well, it seems your inability to be civil is a character flaw ... sooooo ... sticks and stones friend ... name-calling is for losers

My, that is a case of the kettle calling the pot black, isn't it. I guess that lack of civility only counts when you feel someone does it to you, but not the other way around. Okay, fair enough, since you are going doen that road, let me call you out on a bit of a lie, shall I?

You said this, and I quote so you can't weasel out of it:

coming from the man who recommends everyone just take their poison and quit whining

So please, provide a link to where I said that, or are you just making # up again?

Now, before you try to twist my words to match your false accusation, I did say that if an employee does not like the terms of employment, they are FREE to go elseware (yes, there is that word you seem to dislike, "free.")

I also said that an employee has every right to adress their concerns with their employer and if they cannot come to a mutually satisfactory agreement, both side should be free to terminate the relationship.

Neither comment can even be remotely skewed into "coming from the man who recommends everyone just take their poison and quit whining," so please cite where I said that, provide a link that we can all see, or be proven a liar.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by beezzer

That's your wife? I am seriously sorry for you. Also, I believe she can speak for herself. Despite tradition, women are quite capable of handling themselves.

Also, too few people have too much. That's why food stamps were made necessary, because the people who had plenty kept it from the people who had too little. Capitalism and gluttony is a very bad mixture.

Dude, you have seen too many Scrooge McDuck cartoons. You honestly believe that people with more intentionally kept food away from those who had less in the US? In the last 100 years?
ummm, ABSOLUTELY and as recently as 1974.

here, i'll post it again in case you or others missed it ...

want some truth ?? read this
[if you dis the souce, fine, find another, the truth is reported by those who know, on both sides]

www.downsizinggovernment.org...
The USDA’s food subsidy programs developed out of the need to dispose of farm production deemed surplus under commodity price support programs.
- snip -
Farm and food subsidy programs provide both rural and urban legislators reasons to vote for increased USDA funding.
- snip -
[color=amber]The solution is to repeal both farm and food subsidies, and allow open market competition to cut food prices for all families.
now, when ppl are hungry, there is no such thing as a surplus of food, period.

and, in case you missed the 70s, some of us endured food rations, severe gas shortages and a persistent recession with tax rates over 70% ... seriously.

That quote did not say that the wealthy were intentionally keeping food from the poor. It did not say that one bit. It said that the government destroyed surplus, just like they did in the great depression, to keep the prices up, but it said nothing about the wealthy deliberately starving the poor. Again, you make # up.

I remember the 70's quite well. I remember governmental gas price controls ( to help the poor) that caused shortages in the supply of gas. There was no food "rationing." Please show us where people were rationed to certain amounts of food. You can't because you made that up.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Still don't get it do you....

I got a hint for you.....sssshhhh....you are the secret....

Do you not get it?....do you not understand your power? You are here..right now...that is serious power.

Our system is broken....it likes to serve the few....but we are here...they hate us!

Our system will continue to feed the poor and one day....it is going to demand something for that support...but they don't say that.....not now.

I get that you do not want to see that. I get that you think the wonderful time of man has come....nothing further from the truth.

It will destroy us.

I love the flesh..I love our brethren doing well....but please be intelligent...it is a false showing....it is not wonderful....it is the machines positioning themselves....they will soon be in charge...don't agree?...fine.....go get some cash from the atm and tell me who is in charge.....

It's all good though....I'm kinda tickled to se where they take us....it is their ride now.....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by Honor93

I do appreciate the time and effort you put into that.

I already know it though, what happened what Macman thought me and afterinfinity were the same person, and decided to be deceptive or funny, idk which one, by CHANGING my name at the top of the quote to afterinfinity, at which point when I RE QUOTED his quote, AfterInfinity assumed I was the one responsible for the deception.

This is only part of the reason for my new signature

I was saying that in reference to the people that were commenting about Christianity, not pushing my beliefs though (not saying you said that, just clarifying).
thank you and i should probably just mind my own biz but i thought i was helping.
i wasn't following that closely so i kinda missed the original exchange but then (after the u2u) i read AFs response and that makes sense too so, if you guys are aware of what's up, i'm good with that

let's just say it wouldn't be the first time and i'm glad y'all got it straight.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by Honor93

In his defense, he said drug test not drugs.

I don't see what a police force has to do with a firearm. Police are a reactionary force. I know 2 people that have found themselves in grave need of a firearm in "civilian" life. One got a bullet in the head. The other, who had a firearm, did not get hit thank the Lord Jesus Christ. The perpetrator actually shot himself one time as well. Had he not had his weapon, he would likely be in a morgue or wheelchair.

How does this relate to welfare? I hope that is obvious, but I can explain if anyone is having problems grasping the concept due to misconceptions propagated by our schools and media.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)
no need to defend him.
i know what he was getting at and that's the problem.
why drug test if there is no suspicion ?

forced drug testing of food stamp recipients has already been proven a total waste of resources that produced negligible results.
which, is why i asked what is he promoting ?
[national drug testing for a food subsidy isn't indicative of "smaller government"
]

how does this relate to welfare?
... well, if i was starving and armed, not a likely scenario, but, i'd probably use it too.
maybe not in the same manner but a tool is a tool and if food is the goal, that particular tool can be quite the assistive device. if nothing else, it can be awfully persuasive.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

believe what you will, firefighters are not the subject of this thread.
far be it from you to let a horrible derail attempt fall to the wayside
... sooooo gentlemanly and all

You didn't talk about "down the block"
neither did you.
nor did you specify Federal firefighters until you were called out on it.
like i said before, your poor English isn't my fault.
i explain my own bad English, you can do the same or suffer the confusion, you created.

Raising children for the state, that is what you implied by saying that parenting was a community service.
oh no, you're seriously mistaken.
i implied that parents (simply by being parents) provide a VITAL community service.
not that they are a community service.

just like your firefighters, they are contracted to/thru and with that entire community for as long as they are there.
of course, it is not a written contract, nor does it have an expiration date, but, it is a verbal contract all the same and is fulfilled without any expectation of just compensation for the effort.

(and in some cases, longer if they invest in the community but choose to live elsewhere)

I raise my kids to be independent, educated, self-reliant, and honest adults.
i'm glad to hear that, any chance you can provide the proverbial "proof"

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Honor93

steamboats do NOT transport goods any longer and haven't for quite some time.

Guess what drives the turbines that turn the propshaft on a nuclear submarine... or a nuclear powered aircraft carrier?

If you said steam.... you got it right.
trick question ... not fair

however, i just learned something new today ... thanks

(doubt i'll retain it though, not yet anyway)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

believe what you will, firefighters are not the subject of this thread.
far be it from you to let a horrible derail attempt fall to the wayside
... sooooo gentlemanly and all

You didn't talk about "down the block"
neither did you.
nor did you specify Federal firefighters until you were called out on it.
like i said before, your poor English isn't my fault.
i explain my own bad English, you can do the same or suffer the confusion, you created.

Raising children for the state, that is what you implied by saying that parenting was a community service.
oh no, you're seriously mistaken.
i implied that parents (simply by being parents) provide a VITAL community service.
not that they are a community service.

just like your firefighters, they are contracted to/thru and with that entire community for as long as they are there.
of course, it is not a written contract, nor does it have an expiration date, but, it is a verbal contract all the same and is fulfilled without any expectation of just compensation for the effort.

(and in some cases, longer if they invest in the community but choose to live elsewhere)

I raise my kids to be independent, educated, self-reliant, and honest adults.
i'm glad to hear that, any chance you can provide the proverbial "proof"

You've the one with the derailment. I used a firefighter as an example of how a taxpayer contracts for a service and that the funds for that service are differnet for funds for welfare. You are the one who stated that there are no federal firefighters and I just showed how you were incorrent.

So now having kids is a VERBAL contract with the community? Wow. I must have missed that when I had my kids. I don't recall gathering "the community" around my house and making a verbal contract with my neighbors about how I was going to raise my kids.

Proof? My kids don't steal or cheat and don't depend on anyone else but me for their needs. I'm sure that they'll grow up the be the evil 2% and you'll want to rape their earnings too.

Still waiting on proof that you were suffering from food rationing in the 70's.

Still waiting for a link to my saying that people should stop whining and take their poison.

Still waiting for you to stop making crap up.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am not screaming for none, but the problem is much biggervthan a lot would like to admit.

Take the guy I gave as an example. I know that he does it and has been doing it for years. I do not live in the city. I do not shop in his stores. Yet, I know that he is doing it. Are you going to tell me that the police DON'T know that he's doing it?

The whole effing system is crooked.
i agree with this comment entirely (except i wasn't talking about you specifically ... shouldn't have used 'everyone', sorry)

i have no problem admitting the problems associated with the system or the scope of it all (after some 50yrs, i've got some stories
)

i would never suggest they don't.
and, here's a general question that doesn't really require an answer (sorry OP, this is totally off topic) ... however, in my region, most and i do mean most rental units that actively sell contraband of all kinds (original Cuban Cohiba cigars and stuff like that plus the drugs) are owned/operated by members of the police force or their direct relatives.
anyone else have such experience in their neck of the woods ?

I've heard (no proof whatsoever) that some of the courthouse clerks have "exchanged" them (EBT cards) for fine payments.
point is, the corruption is at all levels and sooooo deep that the only way to fix it is to revamp it entirely but that isn't the same as eliminating it.

problem is ... no one and this time i do mean "everyone"/ not one representative/legislator or aide is working on a real solution.
they just primp for their 30 second air time, whine and complain - it's not my party's fault - yadda, yadda, yadda and nothing gets done.
Enough of this malarkey already ... 1/2 of one congress person's salary could provide food stamps for a year for nearly all of their respective constituencies.
and in some cases, there would be a surplus of $$ not food stamps.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

What can I say? THe definition of commodity was clearly defined for you and it does not say that in order to be a commodity it has to be traded, just wanted. If you want to make up your own definitions, go ahead, but that does not change the definitions. Of course one could say that foodstamps are indeed traded--for votes.
you can say whatever you like, it still doesn't make it so.

rather using your UNsourced definition ... try this one --> www.merriam-webster.com...

1: an economic good: as a : a product of agriculture or mining b : an article of commerce especially when delivered for shipment c : a mass-produced unspecialized product
2a: something useful or valued ; also : thing, entity
b : convenience, advantage
3: obsolete : quantity, lot
4: a good or service whose wide availability typically leads to smaller profit margins and diminishes the importance of factors (as brand name) other than price
5: one that is subject to ready exchange or exploitation within a market
now, even with all that variety, you still cannot squeeze a food stamp allotment into the mix.
seriously ... are you bored or what ?

if so, try this source ... www.djindexes.com...
it's the Dow Jones commodity index ... since you're so sure you're right, please direct me to the purchase ability of food stamp allotments

No one said that we needed federal firefighters,
you did.
you claimed they are as important to our survival AS food.

You say that your labor cannot be taken form you without your consent, but when you demand that someone's taxes go to subsidizing someone else, that is exactly what you are endorsing.
quote it or quit lying ... that seems to be all you're capable of in this thread.
(well, others too but who's counting)

i made no such statement or demands.
yet, you seem to be totally ok with shipping BILLIONS overseas or don't those people count as "someone else" ??

Unlike you, I believe the government should not force anyone to do anything, be it take a vaccine or support someone else financially.
yeppers, you've got this lying thing down pat

mercury = poison,
formeldehyde = poison,
MSG = poison
but you're correct, i'm just making that up to make you look bad

You want government to force people to behave in ways you approve of, but not in others.
actually, i don't. i want government to get the heck outta the way.

truthfully, i like the way Ike said it best ...
for those who don't know Ike = xPresident Dwight D Eisenhower
and in his words (much better than mine), this is what i want ...

“I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.”

My stance is more consistent.
yep, as in quicksand and sinking fast

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

pick a post, when did i call you a name ??
i referred to one poster as "grasshopper" (not even sure if that was you at the moment) and that's hardly derrogatory.

so, i'll be the fire and burn ya, how's that mr kettle-pot ?

yep, i said that, so ?
nope, not in this thread.
i'm fed up with your persistent derail attempts anyway.

ramble on all you want ... your total disrespect is evident all over this place and i'm not about to follow your lead.

ya know, ethics are a funny thing ... they don't exist until they're exercised and yours seem to be misplaced.

i am curious, how do you figure vaccines or any of your commentary about that subject applies here ?
and, if i remember correctly, i didn't mention vaccines at all, did i ?
[ interesting that you'd perceive, "take your poison and quit whining about it", relates to vaccines ... hmmmm, guilty conscience, maybe ? ]

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

That quote did not say that the wealthy were intentionally keeping food from the poor
well, if you say so and in a sense of verbatim, it isn't gonna.
however, it does demonstrate how it was done and is still done today.

when ppl are starving, there is NO SURPLUS but you keep believing it was necessary to destroy available food in exchange for an empty promise ... $$$$$$$$$ prices and all

nope, no destruction there ... not food, not faith, not confidence and certainly not economic stability.

yes, there certainly was food rationing.
in my region it lasted most all winter long.
again, not this topic but as usual, you just can't resist.

"gas price controls to help the poor" ???
ahahahahahahahaha, where did you get that little gem ?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

you are so lost it's ridiculous.
yes, you used the example to insinuate that "firefighters" are equally important to our survival and since we were willing to pay for them, we should be willing to pay for food ... you were wrong then and you're wrong now.

actually, you're even more wrong now cause you said this ...

You are the one who stated that there are no federal firefighters and I just showed how you were incorrent.
i don't recall denying they exist. i denied "taxpayers contracted them" ... which WE didn't.
they are contracted with the corporation known as "The United States Inc".
i've also said repeatedly, this line of commentary and they (firefighters) do NOT apply to this topic.

and this ...

I used a firefighter as an example of how a taxpayer contracts for a service and that the funds for that service are differnet for funds for welfare.
actually, they aren't.
it's the same pool of tax dollars ... same taxpayers paying it.

now that you've been corrected more times than should be necessary, can we discuss the Topic ?

how 'bout them numbers ??
1.44 million in a month !! -- and i'm still holding a rejection letter, how 'bout that ?
born American of 2 American parents, worked/contributed for over 20yrs, yet, still can't 'qualify' for food stamps.

still waiting for you to get on Topic

edit on 11-12-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt
ETA - anyone know how long they keep those "rejection" files open ?
i wonder how long i should wait before applying again.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

That quote did not say that the wealthy were intentionally keeping food from the poor
well, if you say so and in a sense of verbatim, it isn't gonna.
however, it does demonstrate how it was done and is still done today.

when ppl are starving, there is NO SURPLUS but you keep believing it was necessary to destroy available food in exchange for an empty promise ... $$$$$$$$$ prices and all

nope, no destruction there ... not food, not faith, not confidence and certainly not economic stability.

yes, there certainly was food rationing.
in my region it lasted most all winter long.
again, not this topic but as usual, you just can't resist.

"gas price controls to help the poor" ???
ahahahahahahahaha, where did you get that little gem ?

There was regional food rationing? Where? You said it, you had all night to prove it, and you cannot. You just made that up and are yet again demonstrating a lack of truthfullness.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

pick a post, when did i call you a name ??
i referred to one poster as "grasshopper" (not even sure if that was you at the moment) and that's hardly derrogatory.

so, i'll be the fire and burn ya, how's that mr kettle-pot ?

yep, i said that, so ?
nope, not in this thread.
i'm fed up with your persistent derail attempts anyway.

ramble on all you want ... your total disrespect is evident all over this place and i'm not about to follow your lead.

ya know, ethics are a funny thing ... they don't exist until they're exercised and yours seem to be misplaced.

i am curious, how do you figure vaccines or any of your commentary about that subject applies here ?
and, if i remember correctly, i didn't mention vaccines at all, did i ?
[ interesting that you'd perceive, "take your poison and quit whining about it", relates to vaccines ... hmmmm, guilty conscience, maybe ? ]

Comprehension is not your strong suite. Here, let me explain to you the phrase "pot calling the kettle black."

The phrase "The pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.

en.wikipedia.org...

I hope I don't have to explain what an "idiom" is to you, but when someone who lacks any civility or respect says that someone else lacks civility or respect, they are the "pot" that calls the "kettle" black. It is also a way of calling someone a hypocrite.

You have no problem with derailing a thread, you are just accusing me of derailment when I catch you in your dishonesty.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

As for commodity. From the very dictionary cite you posted yourself let me quote:

2a: something useful or valued ; also : thing, entity
b : convenience, advantage

Are not foodstamps something useful? Are they not valued? After all, people use them to exhange for food and grocers reimburse them for cash. Your own quote supports me calling them a "commodity" and shows just how deranged and desperate you struggles to get out of the hole you dug for yourself.

yeppers, you've got this lying thing down pat
mercury = poison,
formeldehyde = poison,
MSG = poison
but you're correct, i'm just making that up to make you look bad

And none of that has anything to do with saying the government should force someone to take a vaccination. Again, you make # up and lie about what other members say. You despiration is getting sad.

As for the firefighter thing. Let me quote you from page 22:

firefighters are not employees of the Federal government, try again.

I proved you wrong, and now you are trying to dance away from it. It's quite sad, really.

And for the last bit. You said this:

coming from the man who recommends everyone just take their poison and quit whining

You have had all night to post a link and you have not been able to, so, it is obvious to everyone, that you mad e that up too.
edit on 12-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Ah, what the hell. I'm enjoying everything you are saying in the communist vs capitalist thread, I'm just going to bury the hatchet on this one and simply unsubscribe so I won't be tempted to reply in a snarky fashion here.

I've got a feeling that we may be more alike than not and just have gotten into a rut of fighting each other because of some sort of initial negative interaction. Like the Hatfields and McCoys we have forgotten what the initial cause of the feud was and keep on fighting jsut because that is what they did. I'm gonna just let it go.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

this topic is discussing food stamps, not the other distracting subjects you keep circling around.

if you want to discuss them, start a thread or just follow the rules ... either would be fine.

one of us really should exercise some class, so i guess that'd be me

and, i'd bet the OP would appreciate it too.

as for this topic ... i will address these ...

Are not foodstamps something useful?
nope but food is

sure can't cook or eat a digital allotment

Are they not valued?
apparently not by many or they wouldn't exchange them for something with greater value,
like cash $$$.

hmmmm, 2 balls, no strikes, no commodity ... this could be a long ballgame

just so there is no repeat confusion, these quotes are the off-topic nonsense i will not address in this topic.

There was regional food rationing? Where? You said it, you had all night to prove it, and you cannot. You just made that up and are yet again demonstrating a lack of truthfullness.

Comprehension is not your strong suite.

And none of that has anything to do with saying the government should force someone to take a vaccination

As for the firefighter thing.

you make # up and lie about what other members say

you are just accusing me of derailment
no, i'm proving it and dismissing it

now you are trying to dance away from it
done and you're welcome.

of course, i am just now reading your most recent post and i agree.
it's a good time to turn the page.

however, in good-spirited fun, i'll leave the above stand for the sake of posterior-ity,
or asshattery as it may be, k ?

edit on 12-12-2012 by Honor93 because: could my timing be any worse ??

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by beezzer

Too many people are on food stamps.

Mac, you can feel free to talk to my wife.

Nice.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Sure sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join