It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NarrowGate

This post right here.

Not a single one of those quotes which says originally posted by AfterInfinity was actually posted by me. Scan this entire thread, you'll see I didn't post any of those quoted selections. Since you had nothing to quote, it had to be done manually, which requires a certain amount of knowing exactly what you're doing.

Originally posted by macman

These things are hardly comparable to being struck by lightning. Thanks for playing though

You want to play what ifs, that is a what if. I did enjoy playing. That was fun to point that out.

I am only educated as far as a high school diploma, but they taught me about discussion and a form of logic.

Ok, now that is kind of weird, but sure.

Then I read the Bible, and I learned about context, logic, and proper discussion! That is where most of my education lies, so don't tell me about my sentence structure.

Sure sure.

The way it works is you brought up invalid points, I brought up valid points, you refuse to refute said valid points with anything other than "what if you get hit by lightning"...

Yeah sure.

All of those quoted sections with my username on them? Not a single one of them is legitimate. I don't know what game you're playing here, but I don't like it. Not one bit.

edit on 11-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I did not manually edit anything and my character would show that. i am not saying they are legitimate, I am saying I did not edit any of that. If someone did, it was not me. Mods could you shed some light on what the heck just happened and who did the editing? From my best guess, it was macman.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

Does anyone else see this? combine that with macman's non-stop accusations and you have a good idea of what happened. I am sure it is logged for the mods to sort out.

Mods, please inform myself and AfterI of what actually happened. We have been engaging in multiple discussions, and I would like his opinion of me not to be less than it already is. No AfterI that does not mean I actually care what you think about me, but if you chose to continue one of our discussions that is somewhat important to me, this would hurt my credibility with you. I would never resort to such dishonest and childish tactics.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

what opinion beezzer? its not an opinion that producing machines is not going to employe a large percentage of the population
care to explain yourself? because im failing to see where i injected opinion into this

edit on 11-12-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

Your thinking is narrow. Or do you see just the employment of factory workers then end-all be-all in employment?

Your "opinion" that factory workers are the only employment for people is a narrow-minded opinion.

People create, people innovate, if the freedoms that they are born with are not denied or inhibited by draconian government rule.

Hope this clears it up for you.
(doubt it though)

sure but im not just talking factory jobs im talking about everything from cashiers to accountants and lawyers

and i agree with what you are saying but all that really leaves is abstract thought and intellectual property and how is that going to work when money and resources has already been concentrated into so few hands? you will see the same things happening again because they already have much higher leverage
what happens to all the people that have been conditioned for generation after generation to be as near as possible to a nonthinking worker drone who will not be able to adapt to the new market place? we just use them and toss them out like garbage?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That's super fantastic.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Please, go back and read my statement of your usage of my supplied source.

I am only mimicking what the Govt does.
If it is good for the Govt, it has to be good for all.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

what opinion beezzer? its not an opinion that producing machines is not going to employe a large percentage of the population
care to explain yourself? because im failing to see where i injected opinion into this

Your thinking is narrow. Or do you see just the employment of factory workers then end-all be-all in employment?

Your "opinion" that factory workers are the only employment for people is a narrow-minded opinion.

People create, people innovate, if the freedoms that they are born with are not denied or inhibited by draconian government rule.

(doubt it though)

sure but im not just talking factory jobs im talking about everything from cashiers to accountants and lawyers

and i agree with what you are saying but all that really leaves is abstract thought and intellectual property and how is that going to work when money and resources has already been concentrated into so few hands? you will see the same things happening again because they already have much higher leverage
what happens to all the people that have been conditioned for generation after generation to be as near as possible to a nonthinking worker drone who will not be able to adapt to the new market place? we just use them and toss them out like garbage?

When elctricity was discovered, those in the steam industry didn't curl up and die.

They adjusted.
They adapted.
They over-came.

When VCR's became obsolete, did people fight to ban the DVD player so people could still make VCR's?

People need to adjust. They need to think. But with mama-government with her ready-made teat, why bother?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This post right here.

Not a single one of those quotes which says originally posted by AfterInfinity was actually posted by me. Scan this entire thread, you'll see I didn't post any of those quoted selections. Since you had nothing to quote, it had to be done manually, which requires a certain amount of knowing exactly what you're doing.

These things are hardly comparable to being struck by lightning. Thanks for playing though

You want to play what ifs, that is a what if. I did enjoy playing. That was fun to point that out.

I am only educated as far as a high school diploma, but they taught me about discussion and a form of logic.

Then I read the Bible, and I learned about context, logic, and proper discussion! That is where most of my education lies, so don't tell me about my sentence structure.

Sure sure.

The way it works is you brought up invalid points, I brought up valid points, you refuse to refute said valid points with anything other than "what if you get hit by lightning"...

Yeah sure.

All of those quoted sections with my username on them? Not a single one of them is legitimate. I don't know what game you're playing here, but I don't like it. Not one bit.

I did not manually edit anything and my character would show that. i am not saying they are legitimate, I am saying I did not edit any of that. If someone did, it was not me. Mods could you shed some light on what the heck just happened and who did the editing? From my best guess, it was macman.

Does anyone else see this? combine that with macman's non-stop accusations and you have a good idea of what happened. I am sure it is logged for the mods to sort out.

Mods, please inform myself and AfterI of what actually happened. We have been engaging in multiple discussions, and I would like his opinion of me not to be less than it already is. No AfterI that does not mean I actually care what you think about me, but if you chose to continue one of our discussions that is somewhat important to me, this would hurt my credibility with you. I would never resort to such dishonest and childish tactics.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Your doing it wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
Parenting is NOT "doing nothing" ... and your aggressive instance to the opposite is rather disturbing.

contrary to your opinion, i don't believe there is any service in existence that is more important, more valuable or more contributory to a stable society than good parents and for that reason alone, they should be provided food whether they perform additional labor for it or not.

anyone who thinks parenting isn't laborious has never been one.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

Well, coming from a guy who did not even know there were federal firefighters...

I have kids, it is hard work, and I never imagined getting a paycheck for taking care of my own kids. Taking care of your kids is not service to the country or the state--it is a service to THEM, the children, and if the community benefits from well raised kids, that is a good thing too. But then, you didn't know there were federal firefighters, so there is a lot you assume but get wrong.

Anyone who equates raising children to service to the state sounds like a creepy Orwellian Marxist to me. "Raise your children! For the glory of the mother land!"

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Your doing it wrong.

Mac, stop talking to my wife.

Please.

Oh, too many people are on foodstamps. (on topic)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Too many people are on food stamps.

Mac, you can feel free to talk to my wife.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by NavyDoc

again, link it or quit with your BS cause that's all you've got apparently.

Because you sad it with your "don't know what it is like" crapola
and for the record, you didn't live my life so you don't know what it's like, do you ?

thanks for proving a non-existant point anyway

i responded to what you wrote and that indicated exactly what the response addressed.
again, your error is not mine.

although, it doesn't surprise me that you don't seem capable of admitting when you're wrong.

We weren't even talking about you so you really are off in left field yet again.. You said I didn't know what it was like to struggle financially, I did, and you went off on yet another tangent. You can't even keep up with the players on the field and keep changing what you claim to be talking about and you go on about not being capable of admitting when wrong? Geez.
long line, big hook ... sorry, not biting.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by NavyDoc

again, link it or quit with your BS cause that's all you've got apparently.

Because you sad it with your "don't know what it is like" crapola
and for the record, you didn't live my life so you don't know what it's like, do you ?

thanks for proving a non-existant point anyway

i responded to what you wrote and that indicated exactly what the response addressed.
again, your error is not mine.

although, it doesn't surprise me that you don't seem capable of admitting when you're wrong.

We weren't even talking about you so you really are off in left field yet again.. You said I didn't know what it was like to struggle financially, I did, and you went off on yet another tangent. You can't even keep up with the players on the field and keep changing what you claim to be talking about and you go on about not being capable of admitting when wrong? Geez.
long line, big hook ... sorry, not biting.

I love it...get caught up in your own silliness and then pretend you are above it all when busted. Tell me again about all those federal firefighters that do not exist, please?

link   

The progressives on this site and this thread see government as a solution to all our problems.

The rest of us see government as the cause of all these problems.
while this is true and i agree with the points, it does nothing to feed those who are hungry.
atm, that is the ONLY problem we are discussing (or are supposed to be)

link   

(doubt it though)

When elctricity was discovered, those in the steam industry didn't curl up and die.

They adjusted.
They adapted.
They over-came.

When VCR's became obsolete, did people fight to ban the DVD player so people could still make VCR's?

People need to adjust. They need to think. But with mama-government with her ready-made teat, why bother?

were not talking about an upgrade were talking about the unfair exploitation of low conditions in foreign countries and the increase of machine labor that is going to make domestic (and eventually most all) jobs a thing of the past for most people while allowing a few to become extraordinarily wealthy
i cant see how the current model will continue to work and its already failing

the world has changed and we cant continue to institute systems of commerce and economics that were developed to function in much different circumstances

this grab what you can mentality will be the end of us if we dont "adjust" to the changing circumstances

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This post right here.

Sure sure.

Yeah sure.

No I am not doing it wrong. I am seeing how many times it takes to get a mods attention around here. Either they will shut me up or tell me what happened.

BTW you could always just admit what you have done, and this will be over.

say "I am the child who intentionally deceived and misconstrued things in order to make myself look better and cause an argument between members of this forum". You could just "Take responsibility" you childish man. I hope you are not an NCO that would be disastrous.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The progressives on this site and this thread see government as a solution to all our problems.

The rest of us see government as the cause of all these problems.
while this is true and i agree with the points, it does nothing to feed those who are hungry.
atm, that is the ONLY problem we are discussing (or are supposed to be)

The government created the problem. Then they come in with a solution (foodstamps) to the problem that they created.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Does no one understand the idea of dependency? Does no one get what the police/nanny state is doing? The are making you an indentured servant....how can you not see this? If you question them....good bye food stamps and hello hunger and homelessness. I am stunned...truly stunned. I thought we had a lot of people that wanted to deny ignorance but here we have a situation where the blinders are willingly put on. These "organizations" are not your friend...they are enslaving you.
edit on 12/11/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

were not talking about an upgrade were talking about the unfair exploitation of low conditions in foreign countries and the increase of machine labor that is going to make domestic (and eventually most all) jobs a thing of the past for most people while allowing a few to become extraordinarily wealthy

the world has changed and we cant continue to institute systems of commerce and economics that were developed to function in much different circumstances

this grab what you can mentality will be the end of us if we dont "adjust" to the changing circumstances

If people keep thinking with their "VCR" mentality, then they will forever be denied the oppourtunities that "DVD's" can provide.

If you get my analogy.

And the government does nothingto promote DVD mentality. They keep whispering "betamax".

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

the steam industry did die
No it didn't.

Plenty of electricity is generated with steam turbines driving.

Car, truck, ATV and tractor tires are vulcanized using steam when they are manufactured. Hospitals still use steam autoclaves. Most food manufacturers and paper mills have a steam boiler as the heart of their operations, if the boiler (and hence, the steam) 'dies' the manufacturing stops.

Just because you equate steam with railroad locomotives doesn't means that it doesn't exist.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If people keep thinking with their "VCR" mentality, then they will forever be denied the oppourtunities that "DVD's" can provide.

If you get my analogy.

And the government does nothingto promote DVD mentality. They keep whispering "betamax".

i get your analogy i just think its wrong
so can you explain in detail how its going to benefit people under the current system to become largely obsolete as a work force?
because yes it does have benefits but it is not going to provide enough people with jobs to prop up our current form of capitalism
not everyone can make important new innovations or discoveries and if your attitude is well too bad for them then think of yourself and all the friends and family you have that will become "a drain on society"

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join