It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb Old Lady vs. Ancient Aliens Debunked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
p.s. and the next person that claims the sumerian and/or akkadian texts were written by sitchin, is gonna get the full brunt of evidence to dispel that myth forever.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
p.s. and the next person that claims the sumerian and/or akkadian texts were written by sitchin, is gonna get the full brunt of evidence to dispel that myth forever.

Except, Undo, you know that he did fabricate some of it.

For example, and in reference to your statement that you will provide "the full brunt of evidence," please quote the Sumerian text which indicates the Anunna created humans to mine gold.

In fact, please quote any Sumerian text that even states that the Anunna wanted gold at all.

Harte

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

For example, and in reference to your statement that you will provide "the full brunt of evidence," please quote the Sumerian text which indicates the Anunna created humans to mine gold.

In fact, please quote any Sumerian text that even states that the Anunna wanted gold at all.

Harte

that's a strawman as this thread has nothing to do with that claim of sitchin's, and if you know all about the sumerian texts then you know sitchin didn't write any of them.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

that's a strawman as this thread has nothing to do with that claim of sitchin's, and if you know all about the sumerian texts then you know sitchin didn't write any of them.

I didn't imply that Sitchin wrote any ancient texts.

Sitchin did fabricate one - the Book of Enki. He did so openly and honestly as his fictional interpretation of Sumerian religion (though thousands still think it's an actual ancient text.)

Other than that case, I've never seen anyone claim that Sitchin authored any ancient Sumerian text (he was not actually old enough to do so, you know.
)

However, as I pointed out, he did fabricate so-called "translations" (I believe he referred to them as his "interpretations" because he couldn't read cuneiform,) for example the gold thing I mentioned. These mostly come from the Enuma Elish, which makes no mention of the Anunna wanting gold.

As I said, I didn't mean to imply anything. I merely stated some facts in response to your apparent challenge.

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

i know and was i talking to you? nope, i wasn't. i was responding to the poster right before my "sitchin didn't write the sumerian texts" rant, who said something to the effect of "sorry hon but the bible and sitchin are myths" or something like that. this thread isn't even about sitchin, even my quotes are not from the later hindu material and are in fact, right out of the mahabharata. i was extremely thorough on this research and i'd appreciate it if you're gonna respond here to at least read what i wrote and not assume sumerian texts were all written by sitchin. even the video when it mentions sumerian texts, talks about real sumerian texts.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

i know and was i talking to you? nope, i wasn't. i was responding to the poster right before my "sitchin didn't write the sumerian texts" rant, who said something to the effect of "sorry hon but the bible and sitchin are myths" or something like that. this thread isn't even about sitchin, even my quotes are not from the later hindu material and are in fact, right out of the mahabharata. i was extremely thorough on this research and i'd appreciate it if you're gonna respond here to at least read what i wrote and not assume sumerian texts were all written by sitchin. even the video when it mentions sumerian texts, talks about real sumerian texts.

Again with the statement that there is someone that believes that "Sumerian texts were all written by Sitchin?"

Where is this person that thinks Sitchin was alive five thousand years ago?

It's been a while for this thread. I'm about to leave work so I'm not looking back to the post you're talking about (you know, you could have quoted them instead of me.) I don't remember what the poster before you said, but if it's anything like "the Bible and Sitchin are myths" then they were absolutely correct, though Sitchin didn't write the original myths that he rewrote.

The Bible and the Sumerian Religion are mythical. Do you think otherwise? Are you of the belief that Adapa actually broke the wings of the wind sprite? If so, then tell me, what did he grab hold of to accomplish this? LOL

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
harte

this isn't about the wind sprite. this isn't about sitchin. this is about my disagreements with parts of the ancient aliens debunked material, which used examples to debunk ancient aliens the tv show, that were not always accurate. so i debunked the parts of the video, i thought were inaccurate. i didn't just slap a thread up here and make some lame generalized accusation. i actually addressed the content of the video.

here's the quote from the prior page:

Sorry hon, this is nonsense. Spending too much time reading the Bible and the works of known frauds like Zachariah Sitchin.

That's not addressing the content of the thread at all. furthermore, it assumes that because the anunna are mentioned in the thread that it is automatically sitchin material. just because it's an old text, doesn't mean it's written by sitchin or translated by sitchin, but you can rest assured, if sitchin makes a claim about an old text, and i agree with him on it, that i will say so and back up my reasoning with an explanation that doesn't rely on generalizing all his works.

edit on 1-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Faculty of Oriental Studies, University of Oxford: The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

there you go. ^ many examples of real sumerian texts, not authored nor translated by zecharia sitchin.
SO which text mentioned in this thread is written by sitchin or contains sitchin's translations?
no generalizations, be specific or i'm gonna assume you're trolling me and ignore you.
edit on 1-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

harte

this isn't about the wind sprite. this isn't about sitchin. this is about my disagreements with parts of the ancient aliens debunked material, which used examples to debunk ancient aliens the tv show, that were not always accurate. so i debunked the parts of the video, i thought were inaccurate. i didn't just slap a thread up here and make some lame generalized accusation. i actually addressed the content of the video.

here's the quote from the prior page:

Sorry hon, this is nonsense. Spending too much time reading the Bible and the works of known frauds like Zachariah Sitchin.

That's not addressing the content of the thread at all. furthermore, it assumes that because the anunna are mentioned in the thread that it is automatically sitchin material. just because it's an old text, doesn't mean it's written by sitchin or translated by sitchin, but you can rest assured, if sitchin makes a claim about an old text, and i agree with him on it, that i will say so and back up my reasoning with an explanation that doesn't rely on generalizing all his works.

My apologies, then. They way you stated it looked like you were thinking that some poster actually believed that Sitchin wrote (or fabricated) entire Sumerian texts.

Obviously he did not (other than the fiction work I mentioned - "The Book of Enki.")

No, Sitchin referred to original, legitimate translations of Sumerian texts. Then he substituted his own words for select words in the text in order to support not only his claims, but also his lifestyle and fan base.

Harte

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

They way you stated it looked like you were thinking that some poster actually believed that Sitchin wrote (or fabricated) entire Sumerian texts.

i think that's the point. people who see the word "sumer" immediately think the thread is about sitchin. lol drives me bonkers. what? don't they think other people know how to read?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

They way you stated it looked like you were thinking that some poster actually believed that Sitchin wrote (or fabricated) entire Sumerian texts.

i think that's the point. people who see the word "sumer" immediately think the thread is about sitchin. lol drives me bonkers. what? don't they think other people know how to read?

Speaking of which, I understand that you can learn cuneiform online now.

Don't have the ambition myself.

Harte

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

i like the penn state sumerian dictionary site. although it's missing a few words

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

i like the penn state sumerian dictionary site. although it's missing a few words

Both Penn State's site and the Oriental Institute's site (the ECSL) are somewhat hard to utilize, to me.

Harte

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Is this Mr. White a Jesus freak trying to save Christianity from the Ancient Aliens taking away their Yahweh?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

"i'm gonna assume you're trolling me and ignore you"
Is there an Ignore button on ATS?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by undo

"i'm gonna assume you're trolling me and ignore you"
Is there an Ignore button on ATS?

No, dagnabbit.

They took it away. I think it's an experiment - you know, like on the old Star Trek - where they throw us together and make us interact in order to observe our primitive and amusing behaviors.

Harte

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thank you for that. The problem with ATS is that it is open to everybody. They need a spinoff, a place just for those who know or believe ET is here. It would be a lot nicer place and you would not have to wade thru the crud to get to the good pickings.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Thank you for that. The problem with ATS is that it is open to everybody. They need a spinoff, a place just for those who know or believe ET is here. It would be a lot nicer place and you would not have to wade thru the crud to get to the good pickings.

What you describe would be similar to a roomful of bobblehead dolls during an earthquake.

I would not be welcome there, as I certainly don't think any extraterrestrial (intelligent) life has ever been to Earth.

Harte

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Then why are you wasting your time in this forum?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

They need a spinoff, a place just for those who know or believe ET is here. It would be a lot nicer place and you would not have to wade thru the crud to get to the good pickings.

You mean like Skunkworks or The Gray Area?

I agree.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join