It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb Old Lady vs. Ancient Aliens Debunked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Excellent read, nicely laid out and easy on the eyes. I very much agree with your interpretation based on your readings. I added some graphics to help your readers out a bit.

If the Puma Punku stones were a mixture of andecite and sandstone, they had to be either cut from a quarry with that composition or made from an amalgamate and that's a whole 'nother topic.

I'd like to see more discussion on this, maybe chapter 2?
Puma Punku Stones

Tiwanaku Stones

And the strangest part, it destroys the "illusion" of Ghatotkacha.

Was scratching my head on that one as well. Perhaps implying 'hope' or 'intention' instead of a visual?
Ghatotkacha and the ship being struck by that Naikartana can easily be interpreted as a rocket launch, I've never thought of it that way.

And how did he assume such great size? And upon falling down "pressed many troops and slayed many more as he lay dying".

Ghatotkacha being slain by Naikartana thrown by Karna.

Ezekiel's Vision

You summed it nicely, things that make you go, hmmmm....

I take it by now you have reviewed each of Slayer's chapters? Fascinating material.
You might consider linking your writings to Slayer's in your signature

edit on 10-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

thanks

i shoulda added pics for the visual learners.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by greyer
I am a little skeptical, can we sum it up in a paragraph?

sure. i disagree with some, not all, but some of the subject matter of the video, ANCIENT ALIENS DEBUNKED, in which a researcher named Chris White, joins forces with a respected bible scholar and accomplished multi-lingual phD to debunk the claims made on the tv show, ANCIENT ALIENS.

edit on 9-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

SO LET ME GET IT STRAIGHT...

The famous 'Ancient aliens Debunked' is done by BIBLICAL YAHOO and not actual ATHEIST SCIENTSIST?

Holy #. So much for the credibility of this show, glad I didn't watch it

I've said it I will say it a million times. Debunking something so as to defend your belief in religion is not only poor. it shows immaturity in consciousness and unwillingness to MOVE ON from such a lie as RELIGION especially the way taught by institutions such as the Church (which actually started the word religion and what it came after the instituation had been created)

I have a brain, seems a lot lack it. I have objectivity- thus I DECIDE for myself, not some dumb shows.

And I know Ancient Aliens have gone too far in some of the ideas they suggest but I know some pictures like some cave pictures resembling greys, tell me, Ancient Aliens are spot on if nothing is certain at this time..

And the only way to explain PYRAMIDS and such and their building is LOST HUMAN TECHNOLOGY - I am fine with that but... for SOME REASON the ancients never left ANY sign or info how these were built...
edit on 10-12-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

i'm confused. what do you mean? are you saying you are glad you didn't watch ANCIENT ALIENS or are you glad you didn't watch ANCIENT ALIENS DEBUNKED?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
for those who are confused about my op, and wonder what i'm talking about, here's the
video

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The PUMA PUNKU dilemma is, Mr. White says that Von Daniken has exaggerated the weight

and composition of the stones at Puma Punku and that later researchers like Giorgio

Tsoukalos, just picked up the info from Von Daniken's books and ran with it, without

verifying if it was true or not.

As I have mentioned, I've seen enough evidence to suggest that even what archaeologists

believe about Puma Punku is based on what they read by some other archaeologist, who is

speaking GENERALLY about Tiwanaku, but not necessarily about Puma Punku. In addition, both

Puma Punku and Tiwanaku have red sandstone, but Puma Punku's H stones, are not red sandstone.

As the guy mentions in the video, they are andecite and sandstone. Andecite, from what I can

tell, is a form of granite, albeit softer than granite. It's only one step below granite

gneiss on moh's hardness scale. It's about mid way the hardness scale, harder than limestone,

softer than granite.

My concern is whether or not the information in scholarly articles is any more reliable

than the Ancient Aliens show because whenever data is presented in these scholarly papers,

they tend to vacillate back and forth from calling everything in the area, Tiwanaku, and not

consistently stipulating when the info is from Puma Punku. To understand why that is not

good, consider that Puma Punku is not in the general vicinity of the main buildings at

Tiwanaku. It says in the documentation that it's over a kilometer away.. The style of

building is different. The quarry would naturally be different. Etc.

So I think the only reason Mr. White can levy any criticism on the subject of Puma

Punku, against the TV show, is due to lack of clarification in scholarly articles. Doesn't

matter if there are pounding stones found by the subterranean temple complex, if it's over a

mile away from Puma Punku. To prove the H stones at Puma Punku were created using pounding

stones, would mean they would have to show a map of pounding stones at Puma Punku or its

quarry, and since the quarry for the whole area is only called the Tiwanaku quarry, that is not

sufficient information. you need data on an andecite quarry, not a red stone quarry,

to determine info on the H stones, and even that may be less than revealing if there are

andecite stones at the subterranean temple complex.

The only way to resolve it is to have better, more specific research, with color

photographs and so on, by people who actually went to the site and verified the materials and

their related quarries, with the sole intent of verifying, what it's made of, where it was

built (quarry), and where the building tools are located, specifically for Puma Punku.

edit on 10-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
P.S. modern contamination of the andecite quarry could be a problem too. I just noticed they found an andecite quarry across lake titicaca. and they got the brilliant idea to try to stage their own version of quarrying a 10-ton andecite stone and bringing it across the lake, how they theorized it may have been done originally, including using pounding stones at the quarry. that's not good news for verifying what method was used for the H stones. now the entire site has been contaminated.

edit on 10-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You really shouldn't lie.
You called yourself a "Dumb Old Lady" but your excellent post points to the contrary.

Very good read thanks!
edit on 10-12-2012 by RedShiftDrift because: Emoticon Addition

edit on 10-12-2012 by RedShiftDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShiftDrift
You really shouldn't lie.
You called yourself a "Dumb Old Lady" but your excellent post points to the contrary.

Very good read thanks!

aww thanks, but i needed to add a disclaimer, so the guys with the phDs and such, would realize i don't claim to be a rocket scientist. lol

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
video of puma punku that just shows pictures of the area and has a raider's of the lost ark song track with it.

i think the tour guides must be telling people that some of the stones are diorite. may not be von daniken's fault at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

particularly since I'm just an old, degree-less woman of no real consequence. In fact, I would describe

myself as being rather uninteresting, mathematically inept, bible reader and lacking the

ability to remember most important details, such as when to take my next dose of vitamins or

what day of the week it is

Don't put yourself down like that. Your not any of the above. You have written a book...

well done for that and stop putting yourself down or minimising yourself.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

particularly since I'm just an old, degree-less woman of no real consequence. In fact, I would describe

myself as being rather uninteresting, mathematically inept, bible reader and lacking the

ability to remember most important details, such as when to take my next dose of vitamins or

what day of the week it is

Don't put yourself down like that. Your not any of the above. You have written a book...

well done for that and stop putting yourself down or minimising yourself.

well the people who's theories i'm debating, are nothing short of brilliant. dr. heiser for example, knows several ancient languages, including sumerian, akkadian, several hebrew dialects, ugaritic, greek, latin, and etc. he's no slouch, and he's been studying some of these topics for longer than i have. i don't want him or mr. white to think i'm suggesting i'm up to their par, only that this is like the only topic area i seem to be driven to study (ancient texts, ancient cultures). trying to disarm any discomfort either of them might normally feel by seeing an article disagreeing with them on any of their positions. it's not like it's from some accredited scholar, so if they want, they can choose to ignore it without feeling like they just ignored sir flinders petrie or something. if they think i'm right or may be right, that's good too.

edit on 11-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I have met some really stupid engineers, the boilermakers had more logic.

Just because someone has accolades and you don't doesn't mean anything at all, even scientists have been caught out for telling big porkies and falsifying data or being wrong... piltdown hoax is a good example.

anyway, I can't read all your info at the moment, followed the stargates are real for a long time so when I am in the mood, I will get my teeth into your latest thread.

cheers

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
well anywho, i think there's a distinct possibility the tour guides at Puma Punku are telling people that some of the stones are diorite. Whether there are some diorite stones there or not, is completely up in the air. We have 3 different versions now of the composition of the stones:

1. ancient aliens--diorite and granite
2. archaeologist--andesite.
3. tour guide--diorite. ?

good grief. clearly there are andesite stones there and a quarry for them 70 kilometers away,
and the andesite is up there close to the granite range of hardness. only thing that really remains at question
is the diorite references. the very last video i posted was from a guy who was touring the place,
and he claims they are diorite. why would he say that if they were andesite? only thing i can
think of is the tour guide that was with him, told him that some of the stones were diorite.
that may explain why people like von daniken and giorgio, are saying diorite and granite. would be
easy to solve it, somebody just has to call the tour guides down there and ask. lol

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It is not the fault of the rest of the

known world that catholic depictions of events are romanized. For example, the laser beam

anunciation has cupid like angels but if you look at Ezekiel 1, those are not chubby little

angelic babies. To illustrate what I mean see this video
www.youtube.com...

Undo, you have an amazing gift, and thank you for sharing!

And, of course I could not agree with you more on the point of The Catholic version.

Excellent video too, the visual on the four living creatures, especially their faces.

Thanks lady!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Very well examined. Star and flagged for consistency and great demonstrations of critical thinking.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
reply to post by undo

Very well examined. Star and flagged for consistency and great demonstrations of critical thinking.

Thanks Ewok.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

That was a cool video of Ezekiel 1, wasn't it? Amazing stuff.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

What's with the visual interpretation of mutant flying chickens?
My visual interpretation does not include poultry from space, or two rings with eyes.

Ezekiel saw a flying saucer, and described it the only way he knew according to the time in which he lived and we read it as re-translated and re-worded text.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

The theory is (or at least my theory) that the wheels in wheels is about the ecliptic. the cherubim 4 faces are 4 specific constellations on the ecliptic. i think the platform (?) that the throne of the likeness of jehovah is on, is an electrical field of some kind and the throne is actually a flying vehicle, and that the wheels within wheels are a mechanism, like the gate dialing device in stargate, to allow the flying vehicle to enter the area. notice it says "the sky opens" . think wormhole

different topic though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join