It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if nothing happens on Dec 21st, 2012? Possible mass suicides in France?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I took this idea from destinyone in a conversation we were having in another thread. We kinda hijacked it, so I figured lets start a topic here. I dont want to get in debating that something will or wont.

so to be clear. This topic is based on the assumption that nothing will happen. Not SAYING that nothing will happen

Here is the quote from the thread I was talking about

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by bknapple32 reply to post by MamaJ

I just figure, if one man can get 39 people to commit suicide over the Hale-Bopp comet, what can hundreds of men get thousands to do for December 21st?
Unfortunately, your concerns are valid. These are only 2 links of National concerns over potential mass suicides. In France, government measures have been in place for some years, leading up to the Dec 21st., 2012 end time predictions.

A front-row view of the Apocalypse Bugarach, a tiny farming village in the southwest of France, sits at the foot of Pic de Bugarach — the highest mountain in the Corbières wine-growing area. In many ways it is the quintessential French village, as and such has always seen its share of tourists looking for a quiet, ‘typically French’ holiday. But in recent years the village, population: 200, has been inundated with New Agers and other gullible visitors who are convinced that it is the only place on Earth to be spared total destruction in December 2012.
These are only snippets from an in-depth article that includes a mass influx of avid UFO Alien believers who are convinced UFOs will rise out of the mountain to save mankind. Believers have been buying up property there for years, charging hideous amounts to the gullible to come for preparations to meet the Aliens.

The mayor is concerned that his village cannot handle the increasing numbers of safety-seekers. Others worry about what will happen if and when the end of the world does not take place on December 21st. Miviludes, a French religious sect watchdog funded by the government, has warned that some sects (the European equivalent of cults) may be considering mass suicide. Miviludes was set up in 2002 to track the activity of sects, after a law passed the previous year made it an offence to abuse vulnerable people using heavy pressure techniques, meaning sects can be outlawed if there is evidence of fraud or abuse. French officials have banned access to the Pic de Bugarach to avoid a rush of New Age fanatics, sightseers and, above all, journalists. A hundred police and firefighters will also control approaches to the tiny village of the same name at the foot of the mountain, and if too many people turn up, they will block access there too.www.religionnewsblog.com...
Also, quite a read....

French village seen at threat from Apocalypse sects ReligionNewsBlog.com • Friday June 17, 2011 The tiny southern French hamlet of Bugarach has drawn scrutiny from a government sect watchdog over droves of visitors who believe it is the only place in the world that will survive a 2012 Apocalypse. Reuters says: A report by the watchdog, Miviludes, published on Wednesday said the picturesque village near Carcassonne should be monitored in the run-up to December 21, 2012, when many believe the world will end according to an ancient Mayan prophecy.www.religionnewsblog.com...
Crazy times....yes.... Des
edit on 9-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Which to me seems like the sane way to go. I for one on the 20th, will buy some extra dog food, get some extra cans of soup and tuna and a couple 30 packs of water. And probably make sure the tank is full. But thats about it for any prepping I'll do.

Those who have been prepping for years for this specific date worry me. Not all of course. But some really do. I worry that when and if nothing happens on the 21st, they will be very angry that they were led to believe something would indeed happen, and they spent a lot of extra money on items that ended up not going to good use. Sure they'll have lots of canned food to donate to the needy, but I really feel for the disappointment some will go through. They really will go through all 5 stages of grief. What worries me is the anger portion. Some of these folks are armed to the tee, add that last bottle of expensive aged whiskey and we could have a few loose cannons.

In all seriousness, I feel a very large amount of fear for this-- And it has been on my mind since the 90's(im only 28) :

I am very afraid there will be mass suicides all over the planet. Take the Heavens Gate mass suicide and multiply it by 50. Thats what I truly fear on Dec 21. I hope I am wrong. I really do. I will cry a lot that day if what I think will happen, happens. So many families destroyed because fear and doom mongers made a few quick bucks off this and duped so many innocent fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, brothers and sisters.

This is my true fear, and perhaps reason for my anger showing in so many 2012 threads that show nothing of proof and just opinion trying to sway masses.

I just figure, if one man can get 39 people to commit suicide over the Hale-Bopp comet, what can hundreds of men get thousands to do for December 21st?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Id also like to add, I believe there will be mass suicides EVERYWHERE, not just France. Destiny just brought france to my attention. Had no idea about this swindle(in my opinion) happening in France.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Thank you for starting this thread, where we can discuss our concerns. Even though I'm in the U.S., Southern State, rural area. I am hearing from very devout Baptists, that it is the end times. This is coming from people in their 70s and 80s. They really don't see anything continuing past the 21st. of Dec. I started hearing this around 7 months ago, and was quite frankly, shocked to see this end time date, being embraced by rural Baptist Churches. I don't attend any churches, nor subscribe to any one faith, but am hearing this out in public now.

Are people so fed up with difficulties in life, they jump on the end times band wagon.

Des

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I personally don´t think that there will be any mass suicides, maybe unrelated suicides as usual...

Why? I kind of feel that the "Mass Suicide" thing was a thing of the past now...
Not seen too many of those theese days...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Its already been happening for a while bro you just don't understand. Don't worry though most people don't either. Let me break it down for you....

As the earth changes position in the solar system so does that of the weather on earth. As the weather on earth changes so does that the mentality of the people.

As the solar system changes position in the galaxy the so does that the weather of the solar system.

As the galaxy changes position in the universe so does that the weather of the galaxy.

You get my drift? It all works together like a machine in perfect harmonious sequence.

We are constantly changing positions, we are constantly evolving(change). What is happening in 2012 has already been happening for a while and will continue to happen for a while longer.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A fair few people committed suicide over that crazy Christian dude's prophecies of the end of the world. As such, it wouldn't surprise me if there will be a lot of suicides regarding 2012.

There wouldn't only be suicides on or prior to 21/12/12 due to fear and other things. People will be committing suicide after the date also. The ones who have sunken all of their money into 2012 are the ones i fear for.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by parkourer

I hope you are right, but, I think there will those cult followers who will be urged to assist their ascension, by their leaders.

Especially if those followers have given away all earthly possessions, in anticipation of of not needing them anymore.

Fanatics can't be gauged in how they will react to nothing happening. Even a few unstable people killed their children over Harold Camping's Rapture prediction. And that was a very small event in mostly the U.S..

Des

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
A fair few people committed suicide over that crazy Christian dude's prophecies of the end of the world. As such, it wouldn't surprise me if there will be a lot of suicides regarding 2012.

There wouldn't only be suicides on or prior to 21/12/12 due to fear and other things. People will be committing suicide after the date also. The ones who have sunken all of their money into 2012 are the ones i fear for.

That's the one I fear the most. Those who have devoted years to this preparation. And then nothing happens... It must be devastating. I honestly cant come up with a proper analogy, that's how devastating.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'm not trying to do more fear mongering.. my concern is sincere that millions of people globally believe something will happen.. now i don't have specifics like the france thing.. just look at this website alone and you will see everything from aliens to ascension, pole shifts to cosmic waves.. Some people wholeheartedly believe that the 21st is the end... that's it.. I have one friend on my facebook who is a die hard christian fundamentalist who fully expects satan/fallen angels to come "pretend" to be aliens to steal our souls this day.. You name it I have heard from your ordinary average every day Joe... now what happens if nothing happens..

Most of us will be quite alright, what about the one's who are locked loaded and ready for cosmic war ?? What about the ones who didn't ascend and really knew they were going to.. what about all those people who book a one way ticket to france and didn't get saved by underground aliens? I'm staying inside... that's all i know.. no one is going out for any reason for those three days.. if I forgot a christmas gift.. too bad so sad.. i'm hibernating from the hysteria.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What I'm concerned with, even more than suicides, is some nutcase(s) deciding he is going to help things along by single-handedly giving the "apocalypse" a boost, or a kick-off.

Let your imagination ponder that one...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Its already been happening for a while bro you just don't understand. Don't worry though most people don't either. Let me break it down for you....

As the earth changes position in the solar system so does that of the weather on earth. As the weather on earth changes so does that the mentality of the people.

As the solar system changes position in the galaxy the so does that the weather of the solar system.

As the galaxy changes position in the universe so does that the weather of the galaxy.

You get my drift? It all works together like a machine in perfect harmonious sequence.

We are constantly changing positions, we are constantly evolving(change). What is happening in 2012 has already been happening for a while and will continue to happen for a while longer.

Not that I want to go there but... How does the galaxy moving in the universe change weather on earth? That is like saying someone picks up a grain of sand in Fiji and it causes a hurricane in Miami.

Mighty big butterfly effect. But if there's some science behind what you are saying, Id love to learn more.
edit on 9-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
On December 21st through to December 25th, I'll be staying inside my homes watching movies, because:

December 21st: Nothing happens. Multiple people commit suicide, looting and riots in the more gullible communities. People jumping off of buildings, killing their loved ones and childrens in fear of the 'apocalypse'. Some priest somewhere goes mad, poisons the entire congregation. I do not want to hear these stories.

December 22nd: Those who did not commit suicide or die but still believed something will happen give it another day to 'take full effect'. Government makes sure there is security patrolling the streets and people cleaning up the atrocities of the day before. Alex Jones, Sorcha Faal & Co., and David Icke (all, some, or one) blame the mass suicides on mind controlling beams sent by the aliens, reptilians, or the government, in an attempt to save face. Or not. Either way, I would care not to know.

December 23rd: People who have been extremely affected by the incidents on December 21st commit suicide themselves, all the while the government is asking everyone to stay calm. News agencies are blowing up with info but suffer from a lack of staff. I don't want to hear what has to be said.

December 24th: The majority of the populace goes back to their usual routine albeit recounting the horrors of days before. Many funerals are held. I will attend none of them, not because I would be hiding from the deaths, but because deep down I would be thinking the people who were foolish enough to be conned into committing suicide because of '2012' were...fools. And it wouldn't be right to attend a funeral even if that was a subconscious thought. In extreme circumstances however, I will most likely pay respect for those close to me or even people I have never met.

December 25th: If the president had called on Martial Law, it will be called off by this time, and by next week, everyone would have gone back to what they were doing two weeks before, the government will use the event (or in this case non-event) to push forward their own bills and agenda, and some people will have grown more bitter and some more benevolent and optimistic. This is what I want to see though, the changes.

Then again, nothing probably would have happened. In that case, anyone know any good movies to watch?
edit on 9-12-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

I'm not trying to do more fear mongering.. my concern is sincere that millions of people globally believe something will happen.. now i don't have specifics like the france thing.. just look at this website alone and you will see everything from aliens to ascension, pole shifts to cosmic waves.. Some people wholeheartedly believe that the 21st is the end... that's it.. I have one friend on my facebook who is a die hard christian fundamentalist who fully expects satan/fallen angels to come "pretend" to be aliens to steal our souls this day.. You name it I have heard from your ordinary average every day Joe... now what happens if nothing happens..

Most of us will be quite alright, what about the one's who are locked loaded and ready for cosmic war ?? What about the ones who didn't ascend and really knew they were going to.. what about all those people who book a one way ticket to france and didn't get saved by underground aliens? I'm staying inside... that's all i know.. no one is going out for any reason for those three days.. if I forgot a christmas gift.. too bad so sad.. i'm hibernating from the hysteria.

The wife and I have already requested Friday and Sat off in anticipation of any fanatic domestic terrorist that MAKES something happen when they see nothing cosmic did. I live in Vegas, a major tourist city, and I'll admit I am happy I live a good 25 miles away from the strip near the westerly mountains.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
What I'm concerned with, even more than suicides, is some nutcase(s) deciding he is going to help things along by single-handedly giving the "apocalypse" a boost, or a kick-off.

Let your imagination ponder that one...

Just posted about that.. great minds...

I fear this as well. Not sure which I fear more. I guess whichever is more likely, which I think will be the suicides. I'd like to think there is a better chance of mass suicides than there is a domestic terrorist with a dirty bomb

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Rubber. Its about a tire that kills people with its mind by making people explode.. Yep as good as it sounds. Its on netflix

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You know what is actually devastating? Losing a kid to Leukemia or Cancer.

This? This is just mental masturbation.

If you sunk everything you have into preparing for the "end of the world," better luck next incarnation.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

You know what is actually devastating? Losing a kid to Leukemia or Cancer.

This? This is just mental masturbation.

If you sunk everything you have into preparing for the "end of the world," better luck next incarnation.

While that is very devastating. I doubt you'd be able to argue with the family or loved ones of someone who was unfortunate enough to take his or her life in wake of this event. Both are horrific in their own way

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I also believe that we will see increasing suicide and murder rates as the date approaches. I do not think that it will get too out of hand, unless there is some catalyst. Now if a major war were to start in the "holy land" and a few well placed natural disasters occur, I fully expect STHTF. Imagine if that feared 9 pointer earthquake hits Cascadia or California on the eve of the 21st. There are dozens of other scenarios that would instill adequate fear into the population to cause mass suicide events.

link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by mr10k

Rubber. Its about a tire that kills people with its mind by making people explode.. Yep as good as it sounds. Its on netflix

Ahh, seen it. Really...disturbing but fun.

'Is it a black tire?"
"...yes?"
edit on 9-12-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

link   

The universe changes the galaxy changes the solar system changes the weather on earth changes the thought pattern of humans on earth.

Everything is a web. Its all connected.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join