It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Failures...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by SLAYER69

Has anyone debunked the Sumerian relief of the solar system yet? It supposedly shows the sun at the center with the planets orbiting around it long before telescopes. I believe there are also writings that describe the color of the furthest planets. If not debunked, how could they have known these things so long ago?

Well said jiggerj.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I'm not attempting to debunk the whole "Ancient Alien" theory and in all honesty I'm just as open minded enough as the next person to believe in the existence ET's and their possible visitations both past and/or presently. Having said that, I refuse to blindly give credit to each and every perceived anomalies in ancient construction to ET.

I am not so open minded when it comes to ancient aliens being here on earth because if they had why would their be war,disease, and famine that still around today.

That's not to say there is not intelligent life out there, but pretty arrogant to think they would come here people have long thought themselves as the center of the universe seems some have not learned from history.

It is also pretty arrogant to say "man was just to dumb" to build all those wonders by himself man owes what he currently has and that of the past to himself.

Why would Aliens coming to Earth prevent War, Disease, and Famine?
Are Aliens perfect beings?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by d8track

What I find amazing is that they show clear Inca construction next to and in some places connected to obviously much larger and more advanced and sophisticated megalithic construction techniques of a much higher quality masonry

Yes, it's a known fact that places such as Pumapunku predate the Incas, and were built (forgive me if I am wrong) around 1000 years before Europeans arrived.

As someone said, it's not a stretch of the imagination that some of these areas were simply renovated by the Incas. Now, if we want to talk lost knowledge I will gladly entertain that thought. Not advanced as we would think of advanced today, but advanced as in Roman technology was 'lost' in much of Europe for a time. It is easy to assume similar things have occured throughout history, and in the Americas as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would give you my two cents, but it is 2012, and well, inflation.
So here, have a quarters worth...
(The general idea of one of my short stories)
Far into our future, through natural disasters, we are faced with a low population & reason to rebuild almost from nothing what we had to that point. A few underground experiments existed still, such as the capability of moving through space at a rate which is essentially time traveling. We estimate where the earth was (in space time), when civilization was 'becoming', land ourselves (in the story Mayan territory), and as we blend to learn the ways of technology, life skills, attitudes for survival, our 'transportation' is buried underneath a pyramidal structure, thus we're trapped. With little to nothing to do about the situation, as we continue to build the Mayan cities, we slowly teach certain skills and practices not yet thought of, and thus, there's the 'great leap' in mankind, the 'boost' in technology. There were however a VERY select few that witnessed our coming, and out of fear purposely built over our exit 'vehicle'. Certain carvings found later (now?), are misinterpreted as alien craft and space travelers, though the wring of truth is there, but really, it was just us all along. Not unlike anything else we do, as our technology does progress, all we do with it is confuse ourselves more, so yes, it is an ancient question, but the answer is in the future.
Thanks if you sat through that!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have a related thread here, based on the video Ancient Aliens Debunked. I attempt to explain why I disagree with the Ancient Aliens Debunked video in a few places. Not all places, but a few. Hopefully between your thread and mine, we can get Mr. White to show up and respond or post another video
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Our ancestors were part of an ancient empire, one that spanned the globe via shipping.
They are the aliens you are looking for.
When the flood came it took out most of the empire, leaving only smaller expeditionary elements in it's wake.

These settled in existing outposts and overseas locations like the America's and Europe etc.

Some even were at the fringes of the Chinese Empire also and Iran plus of course the Levant and Euphrates.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Our ancestors were part of an ancient empire, one that spanned the globe via shipping.
They are the aliens you are looking for.
When the flood came it took out most of the empire, leaving only smaller expeditionary elements in it's wake.

These settled in existing outposts and overseas locations like the America's and Europe etc.

Some even were at the fringes of the Chinese Empire also and Iran plus of course the Levant and Euphrates.

Why is this not reflected in the DNA evidence?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Why would Aliens coming to Earth prevent War, Disease, and Famine? Are Aliens perfect beings?

Why wouldn't they?

They gave them secret knowledge to build massive monuments so why would they not give other tech to "primitive" man?

Answer is because they didn't give them either one.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why do people insist that we would not be able to move these blocks? The weight of the block mentioned earlier in this thread was 1200 MT. I'm not sure what kind of stone this block is but a quick check on the density of granite gives me roughly the same weight so I'll take the value as correct.

Modern crawler cranes can have a payload of 1250 ton, and I think the record for a stationary crane is 20 000 ton. As far as I'm concerned if we had reason to we could make these stones dance a jig if we wanted.

I started an account because I'm tired of people saying we could not move these stones, or recreate these momuments. Coming from industry/construction/rigging I'm tired of it, as I believe we could replicate any of these monuments if we were so inclined.

Don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by ancient civilizations and their construction methods, and I am constantly amazed at what our ancestors were able to do, just wanted to raise this point.

Edited: I believe ancient man, our direct human ancestors, created all of these monuments. Never underestimate the abilities of a skilled, patient craftsman.

Thanks,

Factor2
edit on 9-12-2012 by Factor2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Factor2
Why do people insist that we would not be able to move these blocks? The weight of the block mentioned earlier in this thread was 1200 MT. I'm not sure what kind of stone this block is but a quick check on the density of granite gives me roughly the same weight so I'll take the value as correct.

Modern crawler cranes can have a payload of 1250 ton, and I think the record for a stationary crane is 20 000 ton. As far as I'm concerned if we had reason to we could make these stones dance a jig if we wanted.

I started an account because I'm tired of people saying we could not move these stones, or recreate these momuments. Coming from industry/construction/rigging I'm tired of it, as I believe we could replicate any of these monuments if we were so inclined.

Don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by ancient civilizations and their construction methods, and I am constantly amazed at what our ancestors were able to do, just wanted to raise this point.

Thanks,

Factor2

You mean our 'nuclear powered' cranes can lift that? It's obviously a dumb claim, as we could use many cranes to lift the stone. There is no law stating one crane per stone.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What about this site?

Pu mapunku

How were these holes drilled? What materials did they use? How did they get these stones up there?

If they didn't use diamonds to cut these stones, then what did they use? Not only were these stones really hard to cut, but they are also extremely heavy. One of these stone ruins weighs in at about 800 tons! These are big stones, and they are really heavy. The nearest quarry is at least 10 miles away from the site of the ruins. How in the world did these people move these blocks that weighed many tons, and how were they able to form a structure with them?

edit on 9-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: URL tag error

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman
What about this site?

Pu mapunku

How were these holes drilled? What materials did they use? How did they get these stones up there?

If they didn't use diamonds to cut these stones, then what did they use? Not only were these stones really hard to cut, but they are also extremely heavy. One of these stone ruins weighs in at about 800 tons! These are big stones, and they are really heavy. The nearest quarry is at least 10 miles away from the site of the ruins. How in the world did these people move these blocks that weighed many tons, and how were they able to form a structure with them?

edit on 9-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: URL tag error

So basically someone on the internet does not know how, so you claim it's impossible. Can you show me proof it's impossible, not the musings of an internet poster. The onus is on you to prove it's not possible. Just an FYI, 800 tons is most certainly not as heavy as some other stones.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Really, thats your theory?

There it sits all cockeyed and never moved.

Whats yours?

Pretty much covers it.

Pride.

Oh yah? Well we''ll make a phallic symbol so big bigger than anyone ever before that... crunch!. Never mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
well, obviously, to many on here the fact that all these ancient cultures stated that they got their advanced scientific knowledge from sky gods counts for naught. kukulkan is one of these who was described as a blond, blue-eyed, cone-headed giant.

one thing that would seem hard to reconcile with conventional speculations is the finding of cone-head skulls with huge cranial capacities and anatomical structure completely distinct from homo sapiens. i believe i've recently viewed photos on here showing some of these non-human skulls--from south american museums, for example?

akhenaton was in fact some type of a cone-head with a huge brain structure.

and btw, humanly deformed imitation cone-heads have neither huge brain capacity nor different plate structure with non-human neural apertures--and should not confuse the issue.
edit on 9-12-2012 by ouvertaverite because: skill to skull

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I certainly don't have all the answers, and as I previously stated I am constantly amazed at what our ancestors were able to accomplish. I will state that a combination of levers, balance, blocks, rollers, and beasts of burden can create a tremendous amount of force, and that even water will wear through rocks eventually.

Again, edited to clarify my position. I am not completely discounting the possibilty of extra-terrestrial visitors in our past, or a previously advanced civilization. I just do not see anything thus far that could not have been created by ancient humans as we know them, IMO.

I do think there is much more to our history than what is currently printed in the books.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I certainly don't have all the answers, and as I previously stated I am constantly amazed at what our ancestors were able to accomplish. I will state that a combination of levers, balance, blocks, rollers, and beasts of burden can create a tremendous amount of force, and that even water will wear through rocks eventually.

Again, edited to clarify my position. I am not completely discounting the possibilty of extra-terrestrial visitors in our past, or a previously advanced civilization. I just do not see anything thus far that could not have been created by ancient humans as we know them, IMO.

I do think there is much more to our history than what is currently printed in the books.

There are no answers why maps exist that have no ice on Anarctica. There are no answers why there is a darn forrest under the ice in Anarctica. No one has yet to explain what really caused that last ice age or what made it all melt. No one can explain the current amount of landlocked ice and current ocean levels, they don't add up.

No one can give one good reason WHY people would really go to any lengths to move blocks of stone that weigh as much as they do. People are lazy, for the most part. No one thinks of the hardest way to do something and then gets it done with slaves/people/animals/whatever. You can't even come close to making me think this was done because it was the most easy/effective way to do things (prymids puma punku etc)...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ouvertaverite
well, obviously, to many on here the fact that all these ancient cultures stated that they got their advanced scientific knowledge from sky gods counts for naught. kukulkan is one of these who was described as a blond, blue-eyed, cone-headed giant.

one thing that would seem hard to reconcile with conventional speculations is the finding of cone-head skulls with huge cranial capacities and anatomical structure completely distinct from homo sapiens. i believe i've recently viewed photos on here showing some of these non-human skulls--from south american museums, for example?

akhenaton was in fact some type of a cone-head with a huge brain structure.

and btw, humanly deformed imitation cone-heads have neither huge brain capacity nor different plate structure with non-human neural apertures--and should not confuse the issue.
edit on 9-12-2012 by ouvertaverite because: skill to skull

Can you show me some information on the skull you speak of. Please do not link me to Before it's news or another such source. Something reputable talking about the different plate structure. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jough626

There are no answers why maps exist that have no ice on Anarctica. There are no answers why there is a darn forrest under the ice in Anarctica. No one has yet to explain what really caused that last ice age or what made it all melt. No one can explain the current amount of landlocked ice and current ocean levels, they don't add up.

No one can give one good reason WHY people would really go to any lengths to move blocks of stone that weigh as much as they do. People are lazy, for the most part. No one thinks of the hardest way to do something and then gets it done with slaves/people/animals/whatever. You can't even come close to making me think this was done because it was the most easy/effective way to do things (prymids puma punku etc)...

Please tell me exactly what map you refer to. There are so many hoax maps it's rediculous.

as far as ice ages go ...
What Triggers Ice Ages?

Although the exact causes for ice ages, and the glacial cycles within them, have not been proven, they are most likely the result of a complicated dynamic interaction between such things as solar output, distance of the Earth from the sun, position and height of the continents, ocean circulation, and the composition of the atmosphere.

There are explanations, why are you lying and saying there aren't any? As far as the ice melting ....
How carbon dioxide melted the world

Global data set shows that rising greenhouse-gas levels drove the end of the last ice age.

Again you are lying. Why?

The rest of your post can be summed up as people are lazy so it's not possible. That doesn't even need a rebuttle.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I dont know about the supposed ancient aliens.

Sure I believe in aliens and they could be around back then, no doubt. But I also beleve in many world wide, advanced human civilizations, that have been destroyed through natural disasters.

Advanced man could do this too.

Just think on it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I dont know about the supposed ancient aliens.

Sure I believe in aliens and they could be around back then, no doubt. But I also beleve in many world wide, advanced human civilizations, that have been destroyed through natural disasters.

Advanced man could do this too.

Just think on it.

Show me archaelogical evidence to support this please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join