It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I don't know..Jesus Christ as the manifestation of the love of the Godhead is about as "personal" as one can get, and very powerful also.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I don't know..Jesus Christ as the manifestation of the love of the Godhead is about as "personal" as one can get, and very powerful also.

This is where much of the confusion of Wandering Scribes posts comes from, if a nay-sayer, believer of All and No things at once, what is being discribed? I shall rename IT--"CHAOS" living in body mind spirit- behold its presense and speak to it as such (put your best gamesmanship wear on, as an experiment, could be fun). You may also call me if necessary Wikipedias arch nemisis Centipedes creator "MILLIPEDE".
edit on 15-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: Insect iconography not of a Bee movie

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I seriously doubt you could be more confusing if you tried. Can you clarify what you just posted?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I seriously doubt you could be more confusing if you tried. Can you clarify what you just posted?

Wandering Scribe says "Wikipedia" is a good source of information, and why do I not take advantage of this resource. I chide him about the Insect encyclopedia. As to the rest? Its post contents are at times contradictory or backpeddling. Good information when concise and to the point, but some of it fluffy Toy fill padding. I do not mind anyone expanding an arguement; just don't paste, quote without footnoting authorship creating essentially blinding smokescreens. Alright, who hid my gasmask?

Anticipating your next question; I am not a rote by rote information argumentative dissectionist. A provocatour maybe.

edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: I hate having to explain subconcious thought process, it ruins the whole point of the jest.

edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: had to edit my EDIT

edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: perfect

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Jesus Christ is personal, and personable, to you because of the manifestation of him you have built up within your mind. So much of our perception concerning divine figures stems from our personal preferences. The longer we spend enthralled by the supposed-presence of a particular figure, the more difficult it becomes to separate who we are, from who they are/were. If you're honoring Jesus as Jesus was, with absolutely no modern addendum to His interpretations of things, then I can respect that.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

As I pointed out in my previous reply, Alekai does not come from a figure, a force, or a doctrine. It comes from a quote. We do not define ourselves by our gods, our beliefs, or our philosophy necessarily. Alech Hai, loosely translated, would mean bless yourself. And that is kind of our whole point. We can get you started, everyone begins at the same point; but the reality is: only you can determine the destination. We, as a group, help you if we can. If we cannot, we expect you to fill those shoes and help others' who may be heading the same direction as you.

Glad my write-up was welcomed by you.

The idea of a blood-memory is far less literal than what your DNA says, or doesn't say about you. Much of who we are as individuals, our personality, is influenced by those we admire and idolize. We pick up habits and qualities of our parents. Often times we can even develop the same interests and desires as them. A doctor's son has a good chance of pursuing a medical career himself. This is true of religion and faith as well; often times an individuals faith is "grandfathered in," they are what their parents subscribe to.

The reason an Alekaite pursues a blood-memory is because we, as a group, believe that your roots—whether you love your parents or not—are important. Without them, you would not exist. And, often, parents aren't necessarily familiar with their real roots. Most families don't know their native faiths, only subscribing to monotheistic faiths. As an Alekaite it's our mission to see if something within that heritage (known or otherwise) can help you find peace, comfort, purpose, meaning and authenticity.

If not, then don't stay there; branch out, explore phase two, the personal affinity portion.

But I cannot comment on whether you're a human being or not. I'm not a geneticist, nor have I seen this study which seems to suggest you're not human. If I better understood genetics, and the gene pool I may be able to give you more feedback on it. I don't though, and I know not to make rash judgments concerning things which I have ill-equipped knowledge.

As for "popularity," when I was helped out by an Alekaite, I was not forced to keep quiet, We do it out of our own free will. If we wanted a popular faith we would fabricate a Messiah, claim direct communication with God, and pretend we had the power to absolve sins, heal sickness, and salvage the soul. We're not mainstream, in part, because what people believe they want, is not what we want. The other part stems from the translation of the quote I gave above. We cannot heal the religions of the world. The adherents have to do that themselves.

As for Wicca, you specifically have a choice in that matter. One of Wicca's core tenets is freedom to join, or leave, the practice. You can even decide whether you want to be a philosophic Wiccan, or a Wiccan Witch (no pun intended). Wicca is very versatile in allowing their members freedom to act as they wish (obviously so long as it doesn't harm anyone, as per the Wiccan Rede).

If someone told you that you must be a Wiccan because you were born one, I'd say you didn't meet a real member of Wicca.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

As for Wikipedia, there's absolutely no reason to distrust any of its individual articles. Find me a content-based error on Wikipedia, which has remained unseen for more than a months time, and I'll admit that Wikipedia is an unreliable source. Often times the people who rally against Wikipedia are the people who don't like the idea of information being freely shared. They want only their version of the "truth" to be presented, as opposed to all possibilities. Go and correct something on Wikipedia if you think it is wrong. Then watch as a discussion page opens and individuals (scholarly and otherwise) from the field talk about whether your change is relevant, or not. You won't find that type of free exchange on Conservapedia; that's for sure.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

As for Wikipedia, there's absolutely no reason to distrust any of its individual articles. Find me a content-based error on Wikipedia, which has remained unseen for more than a months time, and I'll admit that Wikipedia is an unreliable source. Often times the people who rally against Wikipedia are the people who don't like the idea of information being freely shared. They want only their version of the "truth" to be presented, as opposed to all possibilities. Go and correct something on Wikipedia if you think it is wrong. Then watch as a discussion page opens and individuals (scholarly and otherwise) from the field talk about whether your change is relevant, or not. You won't find that type of free exchange on Conservapedia; that's for sure.

~ Wandering Scribe

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! ON VACATION? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!! You are commited whether you like it or not because there are others involved here that read/listen? to your commentary. There are a bunch of new threads on Faith, Religion and Theology; ALSO the RANT catagory you would find interesting. Now that I understand you; I RELY ON YOU to back me up, attempt to confuse me and or generally try to correct me in the most confounding ways. GET BACK IN GAME, you have been missed.
edit on 21-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: How many brownies will it take?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sorry for not responding sooner.

I happen to have been abducted by aliens from Zeta Reticuli. They brought me through the depths of space using black holes and wormholes so that I could see their wonderful labyrinthine home planet. It was all quite wonderful, filled with Cyclopean Masonry and diamond-encrusted plants.

But then they told me that I had been specifically selected to make the interstellar journey, because a great primal fiend was waking in the depths of their emerald-colored sea. A behemoth of incalculable height was rising in the distance; it was covered in tentacles, with serpentine sea-monsters for feet, and stood as high as the atmosphere on the beautiful planet we occupied.

So I went to train with a nomadic magi named Me'eroquai in the endless desert portion of the planet. He taught me to harness my internal force, something they called Tai'ca. Through inner-mind meditation, and a combination of Yoga with Tai Chi I mastered my daemon and joined the Zeta Reticuli legion in their gathering strength to challenge the fiend.

We fought for what seemed like decades against the Nameless fiend. I learned that time passed more slowly on Zeta Reticuli than here on Earth. For every minute our our time, a week of theirs had occurred. After nearly a century of endless fighting against the fearsome creature, we slew it. As it's hellish body collapsed into the emerald-colored sea, the Zetan's began to populate it. As I later learned, every couple of millenia, when the stars are properly aligned, a new Nameless fiend rises from the depths, and in its slaying, a new continent is added to the beautiful planet.

As I was about to marry the Princess of the new continent, setting me up to be its future-king, I was unexpectedly swallowed up by a roaming black hole, which walked right on up to me and sucked me in. I was lost within a dimension of sightless vision, scentless smells, quiet noises, bland tastes, and empty sensations. I tumbled through the empty clutter, forever remaining still, until I ended up where I had always been. And then I fell up into a black hole that was in the middle of a supernova and the entire dimension experienced a vacuum meta-stability event.

Oh, the things I saw then.

I saw creation created by an uncreative creature with creative capabilities capable of creating creative creatures.

I watched God being birthed from the Empty Void at the ending of all beginnings.

And then I woke up in a ditch on the side of route 66.

But none of that matters, because I absolutely couldn't wait to get back here and start bickering with your inane statements again. Oh, no way. Forget about everything you just read, that life, it pales when compared to the thought of sitting through another reading of one of your absolutely placid comments. They're so inspiring to read!

I absolutely couldn't wait to finish up the things I had been doing the past few days, so I could come back here and talk with you some more.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Sorry for not responding sooner.

I happen to have been abducted by aliens from Zeta Reticuli. They brought me through the depths of space using black holes and wormholes so that I could see their wonderful labyrinthine home planet. It was all quite wonderful, filled with Cyclopean Masonry and diamond-encrusted plants.

But then they told me that I had been specifically selected to make the interstellar journey, because a great primal fiend was waking in the depths of their emerald-colored sea. A behemoth of incalculable height was rising in the distance; it was covered in tentacles, with serpentine sea-monsters for feet, and stood as high as the atmosphere on the beautiful planet we occupied.

So I went to train with a nomadic magi named Me'eroquai in the endless desert portion of the planet. He taught me to harness my internal force, something they called Tai'ca. Through inner-mind meditation, and a combination of Yoga with Tai Chi I mastered my daemon and joined the Zeta Reticuli legion in their gathering strength to challenge the fiend.

We fought for what seemed like decades against the Nameless fiend. I learned that time passed more slowly on Zeta Reticuli than here on Earth. For every minute our our time, a week of theirs had occurred. After nearly a century of endless fighting against the fearsome creature, we slew it. As it's hellish body collapsed into the emerald-colored sea, the Zetan's began to populate it. As I later learned, every couple of millenia, when the stars are properly aligned, a new Nameless fiend rises from the depths, and in its slaying, a new continent is added to the beautiful planet.

As I was about to marry the Princess of the new continent, setting me up to be its future-king, I was unexpectedly swallowed up by a roaming black hole, which walked right on up to me and sucked me in. I was lost within a dimension of sightless vision, scentless smells, quiet noises, bland tastes, and empty sensations. I tumbled through the empty clutter, forever remaining still, until I ended up where I had always been. And then I fell up into a black hole that was in the middle of a supernova and the entire dimension experienced a vacuum meta-stability event.

Oh, the things I saw then.

I saw creation created by an uncreative creature with creative capabilities capable of creating creative creatures.

I watched God being birthed from the Empty Void at the ending of all beginnings.

And then I woke up in a ditch on the side of route 66.

But none of that matters, because I absolutely couldn't wait to get back here and start bickering with your inane statements again. Oh, no way. Forget about everything you just read, that life, it pales when compared to the thought of sitting through another reading of one of your absolutely placid comments. They're so inspiring to read!

I absolutely couldn't wait to finish up the things I had been doing the past few days, so I could come back here and talk with you some more.

~ Wandering Scribe

In Your Travels, did you meet MORONI? I think this is by name; the Silver Salamander that spoke to Joseph Smith (lynched in Illinois) Lizard Egg Brother to The Golden Goose EGG layer that founded the province along the Saltan Sea disaster area (recreational only kids) California? . I am fairly sure all of them were Greys from Zeta Reticulai; and the inventor/creator of all Walt Disney.
edit on 21-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The idea of a blood-memory is far less literal than what your DNA says, or doesn't say about you. Much of who we are as individuals, our personality, is influenced by those we admire and idolize. We pick up habits and qualities of our parents. Often times we can even develop the same interests and desires as them. A doctor's son has a good chance of pursuing a medical career himself. This is true of religion and faith as well; often times an individuals faith is "grandfathered in," they are what their parents subscribe to.

The reason an Alekaite pursues a blood-memory is because we, as a group, believe that your roots—whether you love your parents or not—are important. Without them, you would not exist. And, often, parents aren't necessarily familiar with their real roots. Most families don't know their native faiths, only subscribing to monotheistic faiths. As an Alekaite it's our mission to see if something within that heritage (known or otherwise) can help you find peace, comfort, purpose, meaning and authenticity.

If not, then don't stay there; branch out, explore phase two, the personal affinity portion.

But I cannot comment on whether you're a human being or not. I'm not a geneticist, nor have I seen this study which seems to suggest you're not human. If I better understood genetics, and the gene pool I may be able to give you more feedback on it. I don't though, and I know not to make rash judgments concerning things which I have ill-equipped knowledge.

As for "popularity," when I was helped out by an Alekaite, I was not forced to keep quiet, We do it out of our own free will. If we wanted a popular faith we would fabricate a Messiah, claim direct communication with God, and pretend we had the power to absolve sins, heal sickness, and salvage the soul. We're not mainstream, in part, because what people believe they want, is not what we want. The other part stems from the translation of the quote I gave above. We cannot heal the religions of the world. The adherents have to do that themselves.

As for Wicca, you specifically have a choice in that matter. One of Wicca's core tenets is freedom to join, or leave, the practice. You can even decide whether you want to be a philosophic Wiccan, or a Wiccan Witch (no pun intended). Wicca is very versatile in allowing their members freedom to act as they wish (obviously so long as it doesn't harm anyone, as per the Wiccan Rede).

If someone told you that you must be a Wiccan because you were born one, I'd say you didn't meet a real member of Wicca.

~ Wandering Scribe

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

Blood memory is crystaline. Wiccan? I have only to be with my siblings whom know this about ourselves. Me? I am on a totally different path and wiccan (consciously or not) plays a part in some of the shannigans I'm involved with regarding object placement, intent of will etc, boring to unobservant but critical to what I am attempting to change, as in this 3d reality would have to be seen eyeballwise to be believed. I am not a rote by rote regurgitator of Scripture any Belief System or philosophic principle. I have a known Certain Truth as you do; it is a miracle anyone has the same truth. As to my DNA profile? That is a proven, that is good due diligence on the part of the people that trusted their own capabilty (A search for) in for what ever reason to find an anomily. Did they ever. Of all of the millions of students at this univ. matriculated, drew blood, I, was (and 4 brothers/sisters)
the only family group to have no marker for inbreeding, EVER and I mean EVER. Again, no Creationism, no Darwinism. The sometimes embarrassing tests the Anthroplogy dept put us through.

Healing religions? You are right on that one who would want to; let timed events (as located inserts of) take care of it. This is already done was planned for years ago; having to outsmart those thinking they were in charge. A question, who do you think is in charge of this planet, and to get back to my OP statement? (so long ago) any ideas regarding who is talking to God and if so why are they not telling?

Maybe a free buffet after all is said and done.
edit on 22-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: edited my edits

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Thread Title = The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin,

Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?

I could just answer this directly, but where would the fun be in that?…(Rhetorical question…so no need to bust a brain vessel lol or anything here... not yet anyway)

What we need here is the epitome of “play time fun”, the “crem de la crem” of wordsmithery riddles, par! excellence!, that no bird can deny. You see, the truth, as is so often the case, is hidden within a well known riddle.

And here it is….(Drum Roll)

“Can God create a rock, so heavy, that he cannot lift it?”

This question was originally posed as an argument, to try and disprove the existence of an all-powerful and omnipotent God. Which is kind of ironic lol

There have been many answers proposed to this above riddle, but once one finds the correct answer to it; then the answer in itself, leads to a greater realization, if one can see it.

- JC

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Thread Title = The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin,

Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?

I could just answer this directly, but where would the fun be in that?…(Rhetorical question…so no need to bust a brain vessel lol or anything here... not yet anyway)

What we need here is the epitome of “play time fun”, the “crem de la crem” of wordsmithery riddles, par! excellence!, that no bird can deny. You see, the truth, as is so often the case, is hidden within a well known riddle.

And here it is….(Drum Roll)

“Can God create a rock, so heavy, that he cannot lift it?”

This question was originally posed as an argument, to try and disprove the existence of an all-powerful and omnipotent God. Which is kind of ironic lol

There have been many answers proposed to this above riddle, but once one finds the correct answer to it; then the answer in itself, leads to a greater realization, if one can see it.

- JC

I am not going to say it, I promised myself.
Within your truth you have recognised something. Well done; this type of discussion is far from over and my objective? If there was EVER a deeper soul searching question posited in this Forum you would think any curious person (regarding itself and its relationship to a God entity) would want to explore this mystery, their own truths known or unknown, and would be crawling al over this thread: as those replying might have some useful ideas (as to the best place to go for dinner tonight). The lifting of rocks heavy- I know there are roughly some 2 million insect species and cannot name them all; mankind has identifiied and named about a million.
edit on 22-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Within your truth you have recognised something. Well done; this type of discussion is far from over and my objective?

Keeping promises, shows integrity. Yes, you must continue on, in your objective. You must remain “true to thyself”, as Shakespeare once stated.

If there was any question ever posited you would think any curious person (regarding itself and its relationship to a God entity) would want to explore this mystery, their own truths known or unknown, and would be crawling al over this thread: as those replying might have some useful ideas (as to the best place to go for dinner tonight).

lol

Yes, those replying to this thread, don’t seem to appear to know where their heading. I wonder why lol ?

Perhaps a more flamboyant thread title is in order, to help draw in the masses.

The lifting of rocks heavy- I know there are some 2 million insect species and cannot name them; mankind has named about a million.

From your above subtle response, it would seem that you too, also know the truth of the riddle. Well done!

- JC

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The idea of bloodlines and no genetic markers for inbreeding is way too conspiratorial for my liking. If researchers performed tests and discovered that you don't have any genetic marker for inbreeding, than OK. I wasn't present at those tests, and I'm not a geneticist, so I really have no comment concerning whether or not you have an evolutionary lineage. I will say this though, I'm a bit confused as to why anthropologists would be performing experiments with DNA and ancestry, instead of geneticists or biologists. None-the-less, my stance remains the same: I only have your word on these tests, and I am not qualified to interpret genetic-drift of biological evolution. So I have no comment on the results.

Healing religions? You are right on that one who would want to; let timed events (as located inserts of) take care of it. This is already done was planned for years ago; having to outsmart those thinking they were in charge. A question, who do you think is in charge of this planet, and to get back to my OP statement? (so long ago) any ideas regarding who is talking to God and if so why are they not telling?

I don't believe that any individual force (God or otherwise) is in charge of this planet. Earth is a coincidence; a random occurrence which has produced some interesting, beautiful, and horrific results. The forces we conceive of as existing beyond us (whether in another reality, or another state-of-being) are all on a level playing field. YHVH is no greater a deity than Marduk, Zeus, Odin, or Amun-Rē.

Again, as an Alekaite, we don't believe in a single, unified, holistic All-Father. Instead, we believe that, much like many human societies, the spiritual plane is run democratically (on a good day) and through trade/bartering every other day. Whatever is beside us spiritually, whether deities, intermediaries, "extraterrestrials," or something else, they're not that far removed from us. Since we're not living in a utopian system, what makes you think they are?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I didn't meet the Mormons during my travels, no.

I did meet Cthulhu though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The idea of bloodlines and no genetic markers for inbreeding is way too conspiratorial for my liking. If researchers performed tests and discovered that you don't have any genetic marker for inbreeding, than OK. I wasn't present at those tests, and I'm not a geneticist, so I really have no comment concerning whether or not you have an evolutionary lineage. I will say this though, I'm a bit confused as to why anthropologists would be performing experiments with DNA and ancestry, instead of geneticists or biologists. None-the-less, my stance remains the same: I only have your word on these tests, and I am not qualified to interpret genetic-drift of biological evolution. So I have no comment on the results.

I don't believe that any individual force (God or otherwise) is in charge of this planet. Earth is a coincidence; a random occurrence which has produced some interesting, beautiful, and horrific results. The forces we conceive of as existing beyond us (whether in another reality, or another state-of-being) are all on a level playing field. YHVH is no greater a deity than Marduk, Zeus, Odin, or Amun-Rē.

Again, as an Alekaite, we don't believe in a single, unified, holistic All-Father. Instead, we believe that, much like many human societies, the spiritual plane is run democratically (on a good day) and through trade/bartering every other day. Whatever is beside us spiritually, whether deities, intermediaries, "extraterrestrials," or something else, they're not that far removed from us. Since we're not living in a utopian system, what makes you think they are?

~ Wandering Scribe

Where is the conspiritorial componant; by whom and for what reason? Anthropoligists became involved because of the non-existance of a marker for inbreeding. Blame it all on the Genetics Dept. they evaluated the blood, the Anthropology Dept. took it from there as in seeing if there were physical anomalies as well; and there were. Two pineal glands instead of one-one in the brain stem and one at the base of the spine. Two acid ducts entering the stomach instead of one, a deformation of the upper palate making an odd chamber formation; are only a few.

If I thought I recognized a Diety on the highway hitchhiking I'd stop; and my response would be "Sorry, My Trunk Is Full", unless it was Yahweh, tie to the roof rack and drop it at 'THE THING' (another roadside attraction) Its chance to make a cut of a $5.00 viewing fee. Interstate 10 Dragoon AZ .

I'd love to see you in a debate with Earth and tell her, you are in the opinion that she is just a random beautiful coinsidence. She'd tell you; You were but a mistake.

The Utopian thing. Well, the reason what you call the spiritual plane (the higher dimensional beings of the 4-5-6) are living in such a democratic society is because they are telepathic, are directly hardwired to their creator and cannot lie to each other as easily as we do. I'd like to meet the other two Alekiates you've formed an alliance with. As unrealistic as it sounds, I'm interested in their table of contents.
edit on 23-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Within your truth you have recognised something. Well done; this type of discussion is far from over and my objective?

Keeping promises, shows integrity. Yes, you must continue on, in your objective. You must remain “true to thyself”, as Shakespeare once stated.

If there was any question ever posited you would think any curious person (regarding itself and its relationship to a God entity) would want to explore this mystery, their own truths known or unknown, and would be crawling al over this thread: as those replying might have some useful ideas (as to the best place to go for dinner tonight).

lol

Yes, those replying to this thread, don’t seem to appear to know where their heading. I wonder why lol ?

Perhaps a more flamboyant thread title is in order, to help draw in the masses.

The lifting of rocks heavy- I know there are some 2 million insect species and cannot name them; mankind has named about a million.

From your above subtle response, it would seem that you too, also know the truth of the riddle. Well done!

- JC

Any ideas as to a change in thread title? Spell it backwards, very sneakily misplace vowels and or exchange consonants, x means zer phonetically. Something like this: in a long forgotten very esoteric language based in hiroglyphic (sculptural) relief form; "THE AGE OLD QUESTION" Who is or what is God also known as .......And who is talking to it?

The riddles if anyone could grok them (maybe stay a mystery) would have all of the answers. One of my favorites (Buddist), You are sitting at your kitchen window and observe a cow walk by. You see the nose, eyes the ears; the neck the back and yet saw no tail. Why?

Without shooting myself, I question the depth of intent of some of the ideas in this forum. So much of it seems really specious and shallow and or if a threadmaker gets a question unexpected is just not capable of engaging or continuing a dialoge (or just does not care?). Is it just me or does it always have to be the typically sad response to a valid living intellect asking for some clarification or validation. I am very surprised at the hostility encountered or the general blow off. "Take care of your thread participants people" is the wise mantra of small animal/moving icon, and is Robust in its Truth.

Where is the scholarship, the imagination or the hey, Just For fun! factor. Maybe I left the idea in the trunk of my car, forgetting I DID pick up the hitchhiking Lillith; her husband Bael and their pets Hydra and Harpy.

edit on 24-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I didn't meet the Mormons during my travels, no.

I did meet Cthulhu though.

~ Wandering Scribe

There are no such things as Mormons. Only Normals, did you observe any of them anywhere; perhaps they were masquerading as (the lost tribe of the Chipotle-the Cthulhu) Guatamalan. Did not think you went so far south in your travels. Bring back any relics, and if so how did you get them through customs (customarily you HIDE them)
and when can I see them. Maybe possibly an OLMEC 3 ton statue head (I am hoping?).
edit on 24-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Any ideas as to a change in thread title?

You could go with “Riddle me this Batman?” lol nah just joking…

How about….”What is God??? And who among you, claims to be talking with him???”

That should raise a few eyebrows. With a title like that, they’ll feel honor bound, to protect their version of God. And that’s where you come in! might even drop by myself lol

In addiction, you will need an intriguing OP, to go with the title. Good luck.

The riddles if anyone could grok them (maybe stay a mystery) would have all of the answers. One of my favorites (Buddist), You are sitting at your kitchen window and observe a cow walk by. You see the nose, eyes the ears; the neck the back and yet saw no tail. Why?

The Hindus considered the cow to be a sacred animal. In Hinduism holding a cow’s tail during death, was believed to help guide them safely to the next life. There does however appear to be competition within some early Hindu traditions, which still ate meat, and Buddhists, who promoted the idea, that all animals are sacred. Perhaps this is reflected in your Buddhist proverb; other than that, I don’t know what the answer to the riddle is.

Without shooting myself, I question the depth of intent of some of the ideas in this forum. So much of it seems really specious and shallow and or if a threadmaker gets a question unexpected is just not capable of engaging or continuing a dialoge (or just does not care?).

Yes, such is the case here on ATS, but then again, such is the case in real life too. Gota take the rough with the smooth, as they say; at least here, they’re open to some kind of dialog, where as out here (real life) it’s not always so easy.

Is it just me or does it always have to be the typically sad response to a valid living intellect asking for some clarification or validation. I am very surprised at the hostility encountered or the general blow off. "Take care of your thread participants people" is the wise mantra of small animal/moving icon, and is Robust in its Truth.

No, it’s not just you, it happens across the entire board IMO. I think in many cases, that people are often afraid, or threatened by things they just don’t understand. The same applies with someone trying to bring in a new truth, or maybe just a completely new perspective; there will always be friction to it, at first.

Although looking at some of the replies to this thread, it seems to me, that some (but not all), aren’t prepared to try and discover your perspective further, or try to seek out the truth, that you may hold. Maybe they find the idea of someone holding some sublime unknown truth, as slightly intimidating. Others, of course, have shown a higher level of maturity, in their responses.

- JC

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Any ideas as to a change in thread title?

You could go with “Riddle me this Batman?” lol nah just joking…

How about….”What is God??? And who among you, claims to be talking with him???”

That should raise a few eyebrows. With a title like that, they’ll feel honor bound, to protect their version of God. And that’s where you come in! might even drop by myself lol

In addiction, you will need an intriguing OP, to go with the title. Good luck.

The Hindus considered the cow to be a sacred animal. In Hinduism holding a cow’s tail during death, was believed to help guide them safely to the next life. There does however appear to be competition within some early Hindu traditions, which still ate meat, and Buddhists, who promoted the idea, that all animals are sacred. Perhaps this is reflected in your Buddhist proverb; other than that, I don’t know what the answer to the riddle is.

Without shooting myself, I question the depth of intent of some of the ideas in this forum. So much of it seems really specious and shallow and or if a threadmaker gets a question unexpected is just not capable of engaging or continuing a dialoge (or just does not care?).

Yes, such is the case here on ATS, but then again, such is the case in real life too. Gota take the rough with the smooth, as they say; at least here, they’re open to some kind of dialog, where as out here (real life) it’s not always so easy.

Is it just me or does it always have to be the typically sad response to a valid living intellect asking for some clarification or validation. I am very surprised at the hostility encountered or the general blow off. "Take care of your thread participants people" is the wise mantra of small animal/moving icon, and is Robust in its Truth.

No, it’s not just you, it happens across the entire board IMO. I think in many cases, that people are often afraid, or threatened by things they just don’t understand. The same applies with someone trying to bring in a new truth, or maybe just a completely new perspective; there will always be friction to it, at first.

Although looking at some of the replies to this thread, it seems to me, that some (but not all), aren’t prepared to try and discover your perspective further, or try to seek out the truth, that you may hold. Maybe they find the idea of someone holding some sublime unknown truth, as slightly intimidating. Others, of course, have shown a higher level of maturity, in their responses.

- JC

My perspective. Verbage, idea intent. I realize for many my nomenclature will not make any sense. But I will not be thwarted. For instance you understood, I know who you are only because you revealed yourself. This for most not an easy thing. So you are correct, the intimidation factor lies in either the inablitity to accept a new thought or as you say may lack a level of maturity. I realise the sublime and or the hidden meanings inbetween the letters is a necessary evil; do you have any other method? It is what it is. How else are we to find each other.
A consolation is those not understanding the process of illimination would not recognise it. So Off The Hook. Its a Walt Disney/Stan Lee thing. That is all. Neither you or I have any obligation to inform--they have to begin the/a process of illumination if it was even a priority; realizing the forum HO HUM Faith, Religion, Theology. I am still wondering why this was my check point (but you know why, no divulging).
edit on 25-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join