The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Judging by his post, I'd have to agree with you. That post revealed nothing of what it is to be gnostic.

This is precisly why I need you. You help to explain myself to myself as without you I'd be utterly alone; and the major reason for your creation.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
edit on 16-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: double post?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

You've done an excellent job of showing how little you really know and understand about gnosticism. Way to make yourself sound closed-minded...at this rate, it's no surprise you understand so little. Perhaps a little unbiased research would do you some good.

I just 'resight' IT as in my blinded state see it --my middle name is "Apollonious" and incapable of anything but telling the truth . Biased or unbiased research would remain a lie in this world as it functions;
all is fake all is unreal all is a hollywood movie. (5 CENTS PLEASE).
edit on 16-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

How do you explain color to a blind man.

Well, first off, if you are not born blind, then you still know colors. Just because you lose the ability to see them, does not mean you lose the ability to remember them. As for those born blind, there are actually devices which absorb different wavelengths of visible light, and produce a chime depending on the frequency. Which means a blind individual could come to know color through sound.

Gnostics do not have VFWs, Lions Clubs or Fred Flintstonian Water Buffalo Lodges.

I never said they did. But they do have Teachers, and pupils. Which you were apparently unaware of.

Gnostics do not teach; they just exist.

Carpocrates was a Gnostic teacher. So were Valentinus, Basilides, and Cerinthus just to name a few.

I could imagine an enterprise called 'School for Gnostic Training" would be laughable and beside the whole point

Actual historic Gnostic adherents would disagree with you. Gnosticism has numerous schools: the Simonians (founded by Simon Magus); the Nicolaitans; the Ophites; the Encratites... and numerous others.

but then you have the dicotomy of the Catholic Church made billions on a sacreficial lamb as human and what! no pics. Just a tortured 'symbol' remembered not much different to me than the Have a Nice
Day Smiley Face (NO you have a nice day)

Would you like some dressing to go with that word-salad?

Hint; Budda is not a Gnostic.

You're absolutely right. Buddha was a Buddhist. Just like Jesus was a Jew. And your point?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I suppose if you speak to god or Jesus they will be coming to get your guns now.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Can what ever is being aware of this, that is appearing, be described?

Can the thing which is aware of forms be described? Yes. I can describe myself on a number of layers: physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, tangible, intangible.

Gnosis means knowing.

Beyond just "knowing," Gnosis also implies the act of knowing, the act of learning, and the acquisition of known and knowable things.

A gnostic doesn't 'believe' in something. It knows the something.

I must disagree. To "know" that there is a Supreme Creator - above and beyond the Demiurge of Christianity - is not something which can be achieved with 100% certainty. A Gnostic can believe in a Supreme Creator, but, just as said Supreme Being can never be disproved, neither can it be proved. In fact, the evidence seems to point to there not being a Supreme Being, nor a Christ-Sophia, or a Demiurge... but that's a subject for a different thread.

Gnosticism has a belief structure, just like every other faith. They just pretend their beliefs are elevated by claiming it is knowledge. In reality, it's all just supposition. The Buddha's belief that there are no Supreme Beings, and that all of reality is a farce which arises out of dependency and desire, is just as likely as the Gnostic view of illusion and false-creation.

The gnostic does not have to believe, it is all seeing, 'all knowing' and everpresent.

Then tell me why the Gnostic schools didn't discover electricity, invent the type-writer, discover germ-theory, advance chemistry, cure cancer, build a rocket and go to the moon, decipher the Voynich manuscript, solve the Happy End problem, or explain what dark matter and dark energy are?

I don't have a problem with Gnosticism... but Vet is most definitely not a Gnostic.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I asked 'what is aware of what is appearing?' Can it be described?

All of us. I would assume I can describe myself. Scruffy, pale, a little overweight...nah, I kid. But in all seriousness, I've never really understood your point with the whole "seeing the seer" deal. Could you explain that more?

The knowing aspect is always present but never makes an appearance.
Have you ever even noticed it?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you be more specific, and maybe use more words? Actually, forget the 'maybe'. Please, use more words. Lots more. You don't use enough, and that's why I can hardly understand you. Your whole 'guru advice' game gets tiring.

You have to do it. You have to look and find out what is aware of all that is appearing. Whatever is appearing is not the seer, whatever can be seen is not what is seeing. You have to do it. The mind can't get an answer from thinking about it. You actually have to do it, look and find out what is really seeing. You are not a description of your body or clothes or anything that can be described, find out who you really are. Know thyself.

I offer you these:
Can the seer be seen?
part one youtu.be...
part two youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I am not speaking about a practice or belief when i use the word 'gnosis'. Gnosis means the ability to know, the knowing aspect that is overlooked.
What is appearing presently is being 'known'. What knows this?

I am not saying that gnostics 'know' there is a supreme creator or 'know 'the supreme creator. I mentioned no supreme creator.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Bring on the MOOJI, lol

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I suppose if you speak to god or Jesus they will be coming to get your guns now.

For Me? not sure whom you a commenting about however; oddly I am a firearms dealer; need an assault rifle? I am the being to go to and or seek. No joke.
edit on 17-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

How do you explain color to a blind man.

Well, first off, if you are not born blind, then you still know colors. Just because you lose the ability to see them, does not mean you lose the ability to remember them. As for those born blind, there are actually devices which absorb different wavelengths of visible light, and produce a chime depending on the frequency. Which means a blind individual could come to know color through sound.

Gnostics do not have VFWs, Lions Clubs or Fred Flintstonian Water Buffalo Lodges.

I never said they did. But they do have Teachers, and pupils. Which you were apparently unaware of.

Gnostics do not teach; they just exist.

Carpocrates was a Gnostic teacher. So were Valentinus, Basilides, and Cerinthus just to name a few.

I could imagine an enterprise called 'School for Gnostic Training" would be laughable and beside the whole point

Actual historic Gnostic adherents would disagree with you. Gnosticism has numerous schools: the Simonians (founded by Simon Magus); the Nicolaitans; the Ophites; the Encratites... and numerous others.

but then you have the dicotomy of the Catholic Church made billions on a sacreficial lamb as human and what! no pics. Just a tortured 'symbol' remembered not much different to me than the Have a Nice
Day Smiley Face (NO you have a nice day)

Would you like some dressing to go with that word-salad?

Hint; Budda is not a Gnostic.

You're absolutely right. Buddha was a Buddhist. Just like Jesus was a Jew. And your point?

~ Wandering Scribe

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I apologize to all. THERE IS NO SUCH SCHOOL FOR THE GNOSTIC. (Maybe one and that would be the
ESSENE Jewish sect in Qumran (those guys responsible for hiding what is now known as the Dead Sea Scrolls) Jesus was a Jew how insightful is that? Hurray for the Essene Jew. Other than Jesus where are the others.You have your Pharase's your Saducci's then the Essene 'Gnostic Lamb of God'. Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic,
TIDDLY-WINKS=SLINKY fast ball to the outside high. Wandering Scribe you need to go home.
edit on 17-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: I just had to read your commentary and believe what I was seeing

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I am not speaking about a practice or belief when i use the word 'gnosis'. Gnosis means the ability to know, the knowing aspect that is overlooked.

I am not saying that gnostics 'know' there is a supreme creator or 'know 'the supreme creator. I mentioned no supreme creator.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it is true; there is a supreme Creator I the one and only in the flesh and bone created this thread.
I alone am going to bring the 3D to the 5.3 . I am. I am.
edit on 17-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: to further confuse

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it is true; there is a supreme Creator I the one and only in the flesh and bone created this thread.
I alone am going to bring the 3D to the 5.3 . I am. I am.
edit on 17-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: to further confuse

Apology here, for those that did not Grok the OP; the only thing I had to do was to leave my footprint in cyberspace; that reason being "I was watching the whole time/history flubb-ups by Source Entity" so as to never be called the recalcitrant GOD and not allow 'finger pointing'. I have fixed Source Entities stodgy, lead weighted
architypes that you unknowing have been living, march step to the Mad Man; and IT is in a resting place (healing). To kill ones own child was the hardest thing I've ever contemplated much less doing. To save the human race is my determination, I Will It And So It shall be. Love is the Law, Love under Will in the best Thelmic tradition INTENT PURE> I love you all. ORIGIN in the flesh and bone living as a human (A Veteran Human Being first time ever). I bleed with you. Statement and purpose made; as in I admitted the truth of myself.
edit on 18-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: Hiding in plain sight from those that seek to destroy/keep in ignorance and enslaved the human race.

I imagine I am very much the websters dictionary description of a GKnostic=Knowing thyself first and formost.
edit on 18-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: trying to get this right
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

pology here, for those that did not Grok the OP

Awesome Heinlein reference.

I read the rest of your post several times and still couldn't make sense of it. Can you try to be less cryptic?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

pology here, for those that did not Grok the OP

Awesome Heinlein reference.

I read the rest of your post several times and still couldn't make sense of it. Can you try to be less cryptic?

AfterInfinity; in my edits exists the truth of things. I cannot be more clear as YOU must question everything.
Direct answers to you individualized I can do because you are a singular entity. I've been speaking to masses; in the hope than one or more would care; or have a natural curiosity defining their natures and why they behave
in the ways they do. The all was to perhaps poke a conscienceness into more awareness. It seems the thread
has disapeared from mainstream view. Check your replies and you will find I am trying to contact you directly.
My mailbox is open BTW. You would be surprised at what has occurred in the last 48 hours regarding 12-21-12.
No one anticipated it. No one (the point).

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

Because it's not God.

I am assuming you are speaking about God, capital G, as in the Creator of all; the being which Christians call Lord, Jews call YHVH, and Muslims call Allah. The Philosophic God, if you will. To believe in that single, omnipresent, omnipotent being is a step downwards on the spiritual ladder. God arose as a refutation to the gods, the hierarchical forces of the polytheistic peoples in West Asia.

You're not going to find God, because God does not exist.

Try searching for your personal god. They're much easier to find, and a whole lot more potent when they act upon your life.

~ Wandering Scribe

How did I miss this. All Gods separate gods continual mind numbing gods here and f-ig with manupulating
the bipedal human whom they created. Makes much sense. Only problem they left us alone to undergo the
forsakes the comesakes the hearsofors the hindsight, forsights. Nasty left to us to figure it out for them.
Still, same old same ole--WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SUBJEGATE US TO
YOUR RULE.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The gods—whether they're the Anunnaki, the Neteru, the Olympians, the Tuatha dé Danann, the Æsir, the Vanir, or the Six Grandfathers—never subjugate us to "their rule," that is what God (capital G) does. The gods (known through paganism, polytheism, henotheism) worked in unison with human beings. They protected us, revitalized our spiritual essence, helped us to plumb the depths of our psyche, and laid down the structure within our communities.

You wouldn't know that though, because, in your own life, you've never actually studied the spiritual, occult, and mystical traditions of past civilizations. Just as every other New Age participant, or modern-spiritualist, you only know the spiritual traditions of the past two-thousand years. All you know is the theocratic dictatorship of monotheism, and the fraud which Alternative Religions have provided.

Your Gnosis is an illusion; a disillusionment which has sullied your search for the truth.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Just as every other New Age participant, or modern-spiritualist, you only know the spiritual traditions of the past two-thousand years. All you know is the theocratic dictatorship of monotheism, and the fraud which Alternative Religions have provided.

Hold on for a second. "New Age" comes from exactly the same pagan and polytheistic stuff you're talking about. I think you mean Christians and Judaics and all that. They're the people who spend so much time demonizing other forms of spirituality. Don't go barking up the wrong tree now...
edit on 30-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The New Age is not pagan. Paganism and polytheism—the real, ancient variety—had nothing to do with Love, with Light, with crystals, energy vortices, loving everyone, vegetarian diets, vibration rhythms, extraterrestrials (although I do believe they exist somewhere in the cosmos), or pop spiritual concepts like Feng Shui and healing through communication with dolphins.

The Sumerians did not have vegetarian diets, or a belief in Love and Light and inherent goodness; the Egyptians did not practice a philosophy of love everybody, or believe that vibration was the key to higher wisdom; the ancient Celts did not believe in proper placement of furniture or that space-beings were their creators; and the tribes of Germanic paganism certainly didn't believe that Dolphin's could heal their injuries, clear their minds, or deliver their children.

When I say New Age I mean the New Age. And I most certainly do mean Christianity and Judaism (and Islam to a lesser extent) as well of course. But I would never say that the people practicing the New Age today have anything in common with the Sumerians, or the ancient Celtic peoples, or the peoples of Ancient Egypt.

If you don't believe in the healing power of crystals, the emotive power of water, the restorative field of proper furniture placement; and you don't think Love and Light are elements holding the universe together; or that we vibrate higher when we are giving love to the universe; or that all living things, regardless of their own activities, deserve only love and never wrath or contempt... then you may not be a part of the New Age either.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The New Age is not pagan. Paganism and polytheism—the real, ancient variety—had nothing to do with Love, with Light, with crystals, energy vortices, loving everyone, vegetarian diets, vibration rhythms, extraterrestrials (although I do believe they exist somewhere in the cosmos), or pop spiritual concepts like Feng Shui and healing through communication with dolphins.

Yeah? My girlfriend is pagan. Her mother is pagan. I have pagan friends. Your understanding of paganism is very shallow indeed. No wonder you have no clue what you're talking about. Please, feel free to do some extra research. A bonus assignment, if you will. I'm in no hurry.

The Sumerians did not have vegetarian diets, or a belief in Love and Light and inherent goodness

They worshipped the sun. Sun, the source of light and life. Essentially the same deal.

Egyptians did not practice a philosophy of love everybody, or believe that vibration was the key to higher wisdom

No, the earlier Egyptians focused on chromosomal functions. However, their ankhs made excellent tuning forks. Don't tuning forks operate on frequencies - as in vibrations?

the ancient Celts did not believe in proper placement of furniture or that space-beings were their creators;

Maybe not in their house. Their circles were a different matter entirely.

nd the tribes of Germanic paganism certainly didn't believe that Dolphin's could heal their injuries, clear their minds, or deliver their children.

Hey now, dolphins are awesome! I didn't know anyone worshipped dolphins. Sounds like you're reaching, to be honest.

When I say New Age I mean the New Age. And I most certainly do mean Christianity and Judaism (and Islam to a lesser extent) as well of course. But I would never say that the people practicing the New Age today have anything in common with the Sumerians, or the ancient Celtic peoples, or the peoples of Ancient Egypt.

Such ideas come from the old traditions. Like the Native Americans. Gonna call them idiots too?

If you don't believe in the healing power of crystals, the emotive power of water, the restorative field of proper furniture placement; and you don't think Love and Light are elements holding the universe together; or that we vibrate higher when we are giving love to the universe; or that all living things, regardless of their own activities, deserve only love and never wrath or contempt... then you may not be a part of the New Age either.

I believe we can learn from everything. Stability and quiet from stone, tranquility and grace from water, flexibility and freedom from the wind, passion and truth from fire. We can learn tolerance from life and courage from death, love from crime and pain from love. We can learn appreciation and understanding from everything around us.

You grope with your clumsy hands. I explore with my discerning mind. You break things to learn how they work. I watch them in action. Which of us will learn more? Not all of your questions can be answered by breaking things open, but everything I want to know can be answered by watching and waiting for the answer to present itself. Many times, you can learn more by sitting quietly and pondering than by running, running, running...

Try to consider that.

edit on 31-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join