It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Hard-Core Christian Right Conservatives! Here's How Backwards You Really Are!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Fair enough, but my feedback stands. We do each other a greater service when we leave our agendas at the door (to the greatest extent possible) and discuss "facts" with as little bias or agenda as we can muster.

link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Why do you keep dodging my replies?

You have yet to tell us why you think that immigrant woman "wants a baby so she can stay here".

Is that not prejudice? Does that not go against what your heretic book teaches you?

link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by MarkJS

Actually America's founders had various religious views - some of them weren't even Christian.

no... most of them were Christian. The Constitution reflects that, in that one of the first things it mentions is the existence of a Creator.

You've been duped by the public school system... lies. Do some real research and you will see different.
-one example

edit on 9/12/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

Believing in the existence of a creator does not mean you are specifically Christian. At the time the constitution was written, some of the founders were Deists. Thomas Jefferson, for example, was a complex man with complex beliefs.

But Jefferson had real trouble with the Divinity of Christ and he had real trouble with the description of various events mentioned in both the New and the Old Testament so that he was an enlightened skeptic who was profoundly interested in the figure of Christ as a human being and as an ethical teacher. But he was not religious in any modern meaning of that word or any eighteenth century meaning of that word. He wasn't a regular church goer and he never affiliated himself with a religious denomination--unlike Washington who actually did

www.adherents.com...

The important thing is, they believed in religious liberty - so they in no way wanted this nation to be strictly a Christian nation.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Thomas Jefferson was the exception.... that is no problem. The majority was Hard-Core Christian Right Conservatives, as the OP put it.

Again, very, very sorry that our tax dollars did not teach you the truth about our Founding Fathers.... sorry.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

If you don't get the point of my post.... sorry.

Maybe you should spew your hatred of Christians somewhere else.... where it would be more effective... (of course you ignored my other postings... predictable).

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I think those reasons are a part of it. The other reasons are probably physiological. A woman's sex organs are NOT the birth-tube (vagina). The woman's sex organs are in the pubic mound, and -- physiologically separate from the birth canal.
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

In a physically healthy woman, it is still primarily mental.

You can't take a woman for granted or mistreat her, and expect to have a healthy sexual relationship.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

And maybe you should take your dogma somewhere else because it certainly doesn't belong here.

Deny ignorance, get it?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Then you would have no problem about asking God (yes, God, the God of the Universe)... what's up.... I'm taking.

Pretty sure the multiverse(not universe) is more complicated than we can ever imagine. I don't have all the answers and you certainly do not either. I consider myself a bit closer to the truth though than you, but that is ok. We all have our ways and are entitled our opinions.

When the church and science start explaining what god, satan, angels, demons, souls, inter-dimensional beings, ghosts, etc are then we can start taking anything mainstream seriously. Till then I will stick to conspiracy theories and gnosis to satisfy my thirst for real knowledge.

Communicating with higher beings happens via telepathy and rituals.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

That's it... no rational reply? I'm not surprised.

The OP, and You can attack Christianity, and Jesus

5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”

Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”
Acts 9:5

Maybe not such a great thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Then you would have no problem about asking God (yes, God, the God of the Universe)... what's up.... I'm taking.

Pretty sure the multiverse(not universe) is more complicated than we can ever imagine. I don't have all the answers and you certainly do not either. I consider myself a bit closer to the truth though than you, but that is ok. We all have our ways and are entitled our opinions.

When the church and science start explaining what god, satan, angels, demons, souls, inter-dimensional beings, ghosts, etc are then we can start taking anything mainstream seriously. Till then I will stick to conspiracy theories and gnosis to satisfy my thirst for real knowledge.

Communicating with higher beings happens via telepathy and rituals.

Thank you for the reply.

Whatever.... Ask, or don't ask... It's up to u. It's only your eternal soul at stake.... no problem.....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A belief that there is something greater than yourself is a good thing. Call it what you will but it teaches humility,charity,love. It keeps our ego's in check and lowers the crime rate. If nobody believed in a God then rape,murder,theft would be more rampant than it already is. You can believe the bible or you can use it as a Philosophical guide to a life of caring for your fellow human beings. The Ten Commandments are in now way a bad thing to live by. Sex is Gods greatest gift, nothing gives us more pleasure. Love makes it 100 times more pleasurable. Abortion is a terrible thing. I doubt it will ever be abolished but since 1974 at least 30 million babies have been aborted. That is a huge number and makes you wonder how many Einsteins/Teslas, etc have been aborted. Would cancer be cured by now? Would we be going faster than the speed of light by now? The possibilities are endless. 1 million families a year are trying to adopt a baby. Why not let them have a shot at adopting instead of murdering these babies? Obviously the numbers add up in favor of adoption.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

OP, while your data is true, and your point has merit, I think the bigger contributing factor is good/bad parenting. You're far less likely in Mississippi to have parents who don't teach their children about the consequences of their actions. Further, the parents in both places set the primary example for their children. A huge number of children in Mississippi can point to their single mother amd say, "Mom started having children at 15...why can't I? Besides, I want the attention that Jenny Lee down the street is getting with her baby. Plus, she gets free money from the gub'mint, AND she doesn't have to go to school anymore...I hate school, and my mom did too."

Whether pregnancy, education, money management, etc., the biggest part of the problem typically lies with the parents, not with the system. Good parents will have a very low percentage. Hance of teen pregnancy, regardless of government/ social system, religion, etc.

link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

I would much rather educate my children about sex and let them make their own choices.

Most likely the choices they make will be much "better" than if I simply outlawed certain behavior.

It is like the ten commandments.

Although they are "positive", they also include within them a hidden "negative" message.

link   
reply to post by dusty1

Even if it is true that her ENJOYMENT / SATISFACTION in the "act" is primarily "mental," her ORGASM is physiological. A subtle and important difference. After all -- a man can still make a woman pregnant without orgasm, but few would bother if their orgasm was denied 70% of the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

You never answered the question and instead, chose to send me a nasty message claiming that I "hate Christians" when the reality is, you're a Christian and you judge others.

People like you are exactly why I cannot and will not ever take Christians seriously when they claim that they don't judge, they love everyone, blah blah blah. All wanton liars. Henchmen of Lucifer more likely.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon29

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by anon29

Yeah, because 2000 yr old religion is what keeps responsible parents from supporting their teenage child's sex life...I hope you caught my sarcasm. And to answer your question, yes, if the data is correct...these parents regardless of nationality, do in fact leave me speechless.

"Supporting," once again, isn't the word I would use as I don't believe it accurately reflects the reality of the situation. However, this, like so many other issues here on ATS is probably irreconcilable. ...as petty as the "issue" might be.

The numbers speak for themselves. I'll let them do the arguing.

Your agrument is quite correct and you help me with the "Lead-In" on an issue that always bothers me on this subject on ATS, - no matter on which side on stands. In all threads on "right/wrong" I see people "missing" something. Not just the Teen-sex/pregnancy/abortion issue. It extends to threads of space exploration, science & tech in all shapes forms and sizes. We forget to see one thing:
That we are still a "NAKED APE" and we cannot ever escape this fact, not even if we settle next week on Mars or in 10,000ft under water colonies.
If the average puberty and sexual maturity kicks in at lets now say 14 years of age then no law or what ever can change this. Nateure in such has programmed us to become sexual active at that age. So an AOC - (Age of Consent) no matter what we want or demand will do Nothing to change this fact.
The reason that today we want people to wait with sex for a time period of lets say 20-25yo is because of our complex society. Technical know how, ability to make a living in a competeive market and so forth has pushed the age of "Functional" maturity - (Not legal maturity as like voting age) - to a good 25 years.So our world artificially causes this conflict.
Dr. Robert Eppstein. - drrobertepstein.com... - claims in many of his shows and articles that he opposes the age of cocent totally. Not just for sex, but for all issues. He wants AOC to be replaced with with an Age of competency. And this age of compenence is not some "Number" that various law makers dcide upon arbitrarely and differnt from state to state and country to contry. But it is seen an age of individuality. Some peron might be a better 18 wheeler driver at age 14 and another might not be able to graduate past a Bike at age 40 for example.
Now to teen sex: Well as mentioned above we are trying to controll the uncontrolable! If our bodies mature at lets us say 14 to full sexual function then this is the age where we do it if the parents or the law wants it or not.
I use 14 as median age. Now we are bombarded with scaremongeing that our "Mac Donnalds overfed" kids have piberty as early as 9! Well when opne reads up on puberty the median age 100 some years ago was 17! However when one goes today to 3rd world countries one will observe that the kids of the well to do classes are as early in puberty and sexual maturity as our western kids and the poor still look 12yo at 16yo. Late puberty is a direct result of poor nutrition in most cases. But given all the best scenarios, it should hoover around the 11-13 on a natural basis.
And now control:
Prohibition didn't stop Americans from drinking, but it caused the rise of the Mafia as a tru crime power organization. The war on drugs didn't work and yet made millions for the cartells. And religion and abstinence doesnt work because we still got pregnant teens.
I grew up in europe and while I was in my teen years the law on drinking was a good one.
All numbers now quoted are for drinking in restaurants and publ;ic places/functions:
With parents and guardian super vision, cider, beer and wine. - public 14 -16.
At 16-18 allone in public: cider beer and wine.
At 15-18 under parents/guardian supervision: Hard liquor permitted.
18+ no restrictions:
Here in the USA some states expect their 18yo to die in a war but dont give them a beer till 21! Go figure.
It is xactly this discrepancy that Dr. Eppstein addresses!
Also on a side line, but it would take me hours to dig up that report, so no link:
As a Nudist I once came across a Statitistic that demonstrated that the average nudist teen delays full intercourse sex but 1-2 years compared to his/her nations average. So if the arbitrary number for a teen in a given country is 15yo for full sex, then the nudist teen would do the same at 17. The reason is claimed to be that the nude teen is so used to all shapes forms and sizes of all ages of the nude human body, thats/he simply focuses on the character of the partner much more than anything else before deciding for a "full go".
So it just shows, the more you control the more you get bad results.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Whatever.... Ask, or don't ask... It's up to u. It's only your eternal soul at stake.... no problem.....

LOL please..

It sounds like your eternal soul has already been compromised.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Paul Harvey has a few words on this subject:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by
MarkJS

And ironically, you don't find that an ignorant thing to say?

What kind of Christian are you? The bigoted type?

reply to post by
MarkJS

And maybe you should take your dogma somewhere else because it certainly doesn't belong here.

Deny ignorance, get it?

reply to post by MarkJS

You never answered the question and instead, chose to send me a nasty message claiming that I "hate Christians" when the reality is, you're a Christian and you judge others.

People like you are exactly why I cannot and will not ever take Christians seriously when they claim that they don't judge, they love everyone, blah blah blah. All wanton liars. Henchmen of Lucifer more likely.

You're the one persecuting Jesus.... not me....Deal With It.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

I am at peace with myself because for the most part I do good(or even great) deeds. The people who light a candle and pay outrageous parish fees, only to go out and cheat, steal, kill, rape, lie,etc are the ones who have problems with their souls.

I do believe in souls but it is walking the walk that matters. The people who falsely accuse islam of all their problems and side with a jewish apartheid state called israel are the real hypocrites who have lots to worry about. Or those planning depopulation through world wars and diseases. Hell is real and closer than you can ever imagine.

Many christians are misinformed about gnosis. Not their fault at all. It is the leadership of the official church heirarchy, especially judeo-christianity that is 100% to blame. Mixing religion, capitalism and imperialism all go hand in hand with the nephelim. Too bad most will never know this or will know when it is too late to do something about it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join