It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Object Quickly Approaching Earth!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I enjoyed reading the discussion on this thread. There are a lot of good comments here; which is a nice change of pace.

Actually, from my knowledge a lot of odd things out there in space pass by the earth every year. I think we humans sometimes forget that we are living on a mud ball surrounded by a very cold unforgiven violent place known as space. Sometimes something kind of big passes by the earth but not even close enough for any real alarm to be caused. Although, it is always a good idea to keep an eye on what is passing by our little planet. We never know when our planet is going to suck something out of space and have to come hurling down at us.

With that said, I bet this thing we are talking about is a comet. Comets can move really fast; much faster than your average rock floating around in space.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"This is another example of youtubers leaping before they look. Get all the facts, then post the video":

BREAKING NEWS -- MYSTERY OBJECT AIMING AT EARTH -- 9 DECEMBER 2012
www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-12-2012 by Frank44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have been thinking for years that if and when something was on a collision course with earth, what kind of deflection would be possible? Assuming the ptb even want to deal with such threats, assuming they even speak for humanity and the planet in the first place.

Nukes launched from space maybe. Nukes launched from earth...you gotta be kidding! HEL and GRASER seems good enough but oddly enough these are all heavily classified technologies barely anyone has an inkling about.

Maybe we should stop trying to destroy ourselves via manufactured hate and actually invest some time in the planet's future. It is not just humans that are at stake, it is animal and plant life too. Everyone is focused with distractions and no one asks the important questions, nevermind getting any answers.

My "two cents".

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Here is a link from yesterday that I watch each morning.

www.youtube.com...

Usually has solar, earthquake, and global weather comments. Not sure I got this posted right.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's a very ambitious statement to say that a large object is heading for Earth when it is impossible to predict an object to collide with Earth unless it is relatively close to us - this is far too far away to even consider the prosperity of a collision. This story is a brilliant example of why people deem potential apocalyptic threats to be eccentric as there is no way one can predict a collision with Earth when the object is too far away to tell

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zaggan

Embedded for you

ETA: To embed this vid put only iJ_12j-wlrQ between the "yvid" brackets. Hope that helps.
edit on 9-12-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The event this thread is about could be connected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
The event this thread is about could be connected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK, how are they connected? I don't see how an object in space now crashed into Alaska back in September.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Pieces of the comet traveling ahead of it, from a previous collision.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

That video makes the flyby so much easier to understand. Is there a site that provides videos like that for all near earth objects? Thanks for sharing!!!
edit on 9-12-2012 by Buvvy because: Typo

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
omg. we're all gonna die.
rinse and repeat....

Gotta be the best post on this thread.

Seriously .. since the late 1980's I've been hearing that 'it' is going to happen at anytime. That there is no time left. That every comet or every asteroid that is found is going to hit. etc etc. These TEOTWAWKI threads are fun and all .. but I've stopped taking most of them seriously. It gets to be too much stress on the brain ....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am sorry, but this is getting very much like "Tabloid headlines" you would see in the grocery store while standing in line waiting to pay for your food. Threads that come off with sensational titles like this only make this place look bad. Remember the story about the boy who cried "wolf?"--

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Maybe it is the return of that comet that ripped past the sun super fast in 2004, returning?

So you are saying that a return is returning? Logically, that's a bit of an odd concept to think about. How can a 'return' really return?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

don't get how you can take these people, how many ways do you have to spill it? Just, wow. People are far too reliant on getting information from others. Geez, people... read a little bit.

Not to burst your bubble, but reading is ALSO "relying on getting information from others". Or do you read only books that you have written yourself?
edit on 9-12-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

we're all gonna die.
rinse and repeat....

I don't know how you can 'rinse' a badly written sentence, but repetition is not necessary. If we are all going to die, what's there to repeat?

And of course, the truth is, we ARE all going to die, because we were all born.

From another perspective; only bodies die, so no 'self' EVER dies, so NO ONE IS EVER GOING TO DIE, because we are eternal beings. Bodies are born and bodies - ALL bodies will die eventually, but life is eternal.

Remember that death is the opposite of BIRTH, not life, as primitive earth natives so commonly think. Life has no opposite, because it's eternal.

Light also has no opposite, neither does Heat. But people have started using "polar" words because of their polar thinking, and because it's very convenient to have an 'opposite in vocabulary' for extremely (from the body's point of view) small amounts of either one. Light exists as a real force, and it's tiny parts are called 'fotons'.

Darkness doesn't exist, except as a 'very tiny amount of light', that the human body (physical eyes) perceive as 'light not existing there'. That doesn't mean that light doesn't exist there, because the human eye is very limited in it's perceptions, and light is everywhere. Sometimes it's just invisible to the physical eye (but not necessarily to etheric and/or astral eyes).

But even if darkness (or 'true vacuum', for that matter) really existed, it still wouldn't have any substance or form. You can't create or form darkness, you can't measure a 'darkness atom', and you can't measure the 'speed of darkness', because it doesn't exist. Darkness is only a term for "minimal amount of light", or as some would ignorantly call it "lack of light". What people call 'darkness' is just basically an extended shadow.

If you really want to test this in real life, not taking my word for it (and why should anyone), you can easily do it - light always 'wins' over darkness, because light is SOMETHING, and darkness doesn't exist (except as 'lack of light', for a simple term - but even 'lack of light' is really just a tiny amount of light).

You can take a room filled with light, but surrounded by darkness (like a cabin at night), and open the doors and windows without worry - the darkness won't come in, but the light pours out.

Or you can take a room filled with darkness and surrounded by light (like a cabin at daytime), and open the doors and windows without worry - the darkness won't come out, but light will pour in.

Light is a 'something', so it can be studied, measured, and it comes in wide variety of colors, speeds (depending on the substance it travels through

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The comet will get smaller from the time it begins to leave the sun. The comet will lose much of its mass as it is parched, when leaving the sun against the gravity, which means the path of the comet is not predictable from then on.
I do not think the comet will lose its energy.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I of course meant "photons" - my mistake, I didn't grow up with english language, and in the other language they are called something very close to the word "foton". Sometimes I mix many languages in my mind when I am typing, and am not sufficiently prepared to notice it happening, before it's too late.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

The naysayers who are always right. Huge comets heading for Earth aren't hard to see. Get back to me when someone spots it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
On days such as these I cannot help but turn to the wisest sage of them all for insight and guidance.

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”
― Terry Pratchett, Good Omens

“DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.”

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”
― Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Diggers

Pick one and just go with it....or find your own at Terry Pratchett - Wisest of us all www.goodreads.com...

and if you like ur wisdom in video form, try this "That's Death" - Eric Idle
edit on 9-12-2012 by Thorneblood because: video wisdom

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No worries, around November 2013 a cometh will come and it will be closer and bigger than what you'veseen and I've seen in 2007 near Perseus...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join