It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Object Quickly Approaching Earth!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If whatever it is, is real and is coming towards earth it seems like it would perhaps be hitting or going by within the next few days.

If it's there... somebody ought to be able to go out and find it in the sky perhaps?

Surely someone with a telescope has seen that video. Why debate when there's other potential avenues to the truth of the matter? How hard is it to really see what's in the sky?

Maybe it's really kind of difficult.

Can we really see as much out there as we think we can? If we have no idea what this is and it's that close... there's really no telling what is out there.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That is a very cool video. Although it looks like its in our direct line of sight, it could be millions of miles to the left or right. There is no way of telling. Still awesome shot.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

His voice sounded alot like Jack Black....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

i like you

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daver2056
That is a very cool video. Although it looks like its in our direct line of sight, it could be millions of miles to the left or right. There is no way of telling. Still awesome shot.

Sure there's a way of telling; compare its position relative to the stars and see if it matches the position of any known comets from the perspective of STEREO Behind. It does:

Enhanced version of the STEREO images here:

Want to make extra extra sure because you're paranoid and you think the government is lying about the orbit of that comet to cover up impending doom? Fine, calculate the orbit of the comet using only amateur observations of it and compare its predicted position to what you saw before... it's still the same:

edit on 10-12-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
if this has been posted already, sorry but i thought this was an interesting video.

some, like this guy, says it's a comet and has pretty much passed us but where it's going to go now is confusing me.

Are these comets going to stay in the hold of our sun and just start going all crazy now instead of staying in their nice neat little comet belt? Where'd they come from? It's like somebody wants to play pool with us and just "broke them" so to speak and now comets are going all over the place.

that damn thing almost hit venus..... or that's how it looks to me but keep watching the video. the projection of the comet in feb is much scarier. they already say it's coming closer than the moon? Did I get that right?

I might have to watch that again but I'm pretty sure what he said is a fraction of the distance to the moon.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomviolins

I am so ready for REM to rule the universe. Please overthrow Justin Bieber. Before it's too late.

From where do you get your erroneous information? I have been the Intergalactic Earl for ~1000 eons, and I have never once answered to Justin Bieber.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
if this has been posted already, sorry but i thought this was an interesting video.

some, like this guy, says it's a comet and has pretty much passed us but where it's going to go now is confusing me.

Are these comets going to stay in the hold of our sun and just start going all crazy now instead of staying in their nice neat little comet belt? Where'd they come from? It's like somebody wants to play pool with us and just "broke them" so to speak and now comets are going all over the place.

that damn thing almost hit venus..... or that's how it looks to me but keep watching the video. the projection of the comet in feb is much scarier. they already say it's coming closer than the moon? Did I get that right?

I might have to watch that again but I'm pretty sure what he said is a fraction of the distance to the moon.

www.disclose.tv...

You seem to have the comet confused with asteroid 2012 DA14. The two have nothing to do with each other. 2012 DA14 is a small NEO asteroid that will be passing close by in February.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Are you serious??????

They can see galaxies & planets millions of light years away but yet can't friggin' count!!!!!

Maybe my 4 year old could help them out.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
let's all be honest here..

the simplest, and probably even the deepest reason on why so many people seemingly WANT to believe that these kind of things will happen,
is because most people are more inclined/willing to believe, and have ALREADY believed in all those "fantasy, magical, & out-of-the-real-world" things about the whole "2012" things and especially that 21 December 2012 date!
that the human's Imagination is always far 100x much more interesting & vivid/lively and full of variety (not to mention much more mysterious, and fascinating!),
rather than this seemingly mundane, "dry", boring everyday's reality or "real-world / real-life" .

Most of these people probably won't be able to handle/endure another "NOTHING changes", mundane, harsh, boring, & same reality, day by day, over and over again... no more!!... especially with the worsened society & humanity (ie: more shallow, dumb, stupid, shallow & meaningless materialism and plastic superficiality) as each year seems to pass by.
edit on 10-12-2012 by dinkot because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2012 by dinkot because: add more sentences/thoughts

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dinkot

Don't you pay attention to the news? Beef is going up next year quite a bit, so are flour and cereals. Don't you want to stretch your dollar by buying now. I watch the commodities and futures a lot with respect to stocking up on food. Hams are really low right now so we are going to buy two, one for Christmas and one for in February. I plan on being here to eat that ham. If I die for some reason I am sure my family will eat that ham. I have a good supply of coffee, I bought it all on sale and I have scooted through times of high coffee prices without buying the overpriced stuff. Coffee futures do seem stable last I checked about a month ago, no drought in South America.

Why do you assume preppers are doing this for doom. We are prepared to take care of ourselves without leaching off a broke government. People who don't prep are not very intelligent I guess, maybe they should start teaching disaster prepping in school.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Seems like double trouble today.
with this comet
and

Is something knocking crap loose from the Oort cloud?

WHAT U SAY PHAGE?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NewThor7

C/2012 V4 is also pons-gambart; it was here in the 19th century. The neo isn't from the Oort cloud sooo.....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Seriously? We are using a two dimensional video to determine this things size and projector without using a three dimentional view???

Who's to say its not a spec of dust floating very slowly in front of the camera?

No.. lets all jump on the bandwagon and say it's a huge object barreling down on us!!!

Astronomers on earth do not see anything in that "area of space".. to me this would indicate there is there to report that would warrant anyones attention.

Hype.. and lies.. ATS members are gullible...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here is a very good update on the comet.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it is a asteroid,suppose to fly by earth tomorrow morning,just read it on yahoo news

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A giant asteroid will make a flyby of Earth over the next few days, and armchair astronomers can watch the action live on their computers

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

maybe a big ol' volcano will explode sending stuff into the atmosphere which will in turn cause massive
flooding. Maybe ice sheets will appear off the coast lines and Santa Clauses sled will be iced over and
fall like a rock. See? This old lady does have an imagination but alas I prefer sensible answers myself.
njl51

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I find 4179 Toutatis very interesting ...

What do you think about this ?
www.usatoday.com...
Launching into space and all a secret ? Do you think they are planning to blow something up incase of a crash ?
edit on 11-12-2012 by Savi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
it is a asteroid,suppose to fly by earth tomorrow morning,just read it on yahoo news

No, Toutatis would have been just to the right of earth had STEREO B been able to see it.

End of the video...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join