It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Posted on CNN this morning...

Don't wait for Syria to cross the 'red line'

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I am quite simply, affraid. Today is Dec. 7, which means theres only 2 weeks until the 21st. VX gas has been loaded onto bombs. When the agents to make VX are mixed, they have a shelf life of about 2 weeks... So if the VX gas in the bombs has been mixed, then Assad has only 2 weeks to use them.

The timing here is what scares me. This, and the fact that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad conciders himself to be a profit of the Apocalypse. Iran and Syria are close allies, are they not? I'm worried that these morons think it's up to them to kick off armageddon and that we are on the brink....

Robb

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

I truly can't believe that on this forum, so many people have bought this BS about Assad loading up chemical weapons for use on his own people.

I mean the whole idea to me is so bleedin stupid, it could only be coming from mainstream news sources, who's board members also own the companies that make weapons of war.

I wonder how many bombs they hope to sell, by telling this particular Whopper of nonsense, and starting further conflict in the region?

For anyone who's bought this story I would politely request you turn off your TV and start thinking about things for yourself.

AFAIC , if there is one place where you will never get the truth, when it comes to such matters, its the MSM.

edit on 7-12-2012 by markatUCR because: of grammatical errors.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by markatUCR

If you have proof to the contrary I'd love to see it. But as far as I know, Assad is loading chemical weapons. True or not, it causes concern...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Do you take the same position about Saddam gassing 8,000 Kurds...or was that false western propaganda, as well?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Apparently, the claim is that Assad is loading up his chemical weapons into missiles. Apologies for my concern with such claims, and forgive me for not believing this, which is why I cant even watch the MSM news anymore - since it sounds like "Saddam has Weapons of mass destruction" all over again.

You know, that 'fool me once' stuff'? Yes, back then I believed it too!

The trouble starts when, having been fooled once, you then take the time later to look at why the Mainstream Media lied.

What you then find is that the people who own the News Corporations, also own the Weapons companies that require wars in order to succeed, which explains why they peddle such provably false claims.

To these people war is a business, and the more war, the better.

Nothing wrong with having a successful business. The trouble is that their business, which is based upon provable lies, result in the deaths of many thousands of innocent people. This kind of soul-less greed gets a bit testy on your patience when you understand how it works.

What the MSM is doing, is selling you War.

Not that Im a fan of Mr Assad, or Mr Hussein. Theyre almost as bad as our leaders. I say almost, because at least they havent invaded countries and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people based on nothing but lies

Meanwhille of course, If you, or anyone else has some serious sources of proof, I will gladly look at it with a genuinely impartial, rational mind.

edit on 7-12-2012 by markatUCR because: of spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

That was most likely very true. I wasnt a fan of Saddam, as Ive already said.

Question. Who sold him the weapons?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The answer is...Saddam clandestinely shipped his nerve gas WMD's next door to Syria to Assad's father.
Now, the boy has 'em.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thats not the answer. The question was who sold him those weapons, which are allegedy and very conveniently for the propaganda machine now in Syria?

edit on 7-12-2012 by markatUCR because: the post needed clarification

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Do you take the same position about Saddam gassing 8,000 Kurds...or was that false western propaganda, as well?

America killed more Kurds than Saddam ever dreamed of. We even gave Turkey the green light to annihilate allll the Kurds in northern Iraq. Iran filed a protest at the Chemical Weapons Convention over America bombing the Chemical Weapons Bunkers in Iraq....which released all those chemical weapons into the atmosphere.

Didn't we kill more people and make ill more people with Iraq's chemical weapons....than they ever did?

Syria is getting the big secret Directed Energy Weapon systems used against it right now. They are being killed off in a VERY inhumane way. THE SHOULD break out their chemical weapons and try and kill as many as possible....they are being cooked with Directed Energy Weapons from the big players in the game.

(PS.....Saddam was innocent......He invaded Kuwait because of the new cross drilling equipment that was drilling under Iraq from Kuwait and stealing his oil.....Muslims don't deal with thieves the same way the west does....they despise thieves)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
" 'No confirmed reports' Syrian govt preparing to use chemical weapons – UN chief " 07 December
rt.com...

UN chief Ban Ki-moon has said there are no confirmed reports that Damascus is preparing to use chemical weapons in the ongoing Syrian conflict. The statement comes amid speculation that loyalist forces are loading deadly nerve gas into aerial bombs.
"Recently we have been receiving alarming news that the Syrian government may be preparing to use chemical weapons. We have no confirmed reports on this matter," Secretary-General Ban said while visiting Syrian refugee camps in Turkey on Friday, as Haaretz daily quotes him.

"No confirmed reports Assad preparing to use chemical weapons: Ban" Friday, 07 December
english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Let me break it down a little, there are no conflicting reports, & Assad is correct in what he says..

Chemical weapons come in two parts, kind of like glue & hardener that you mix together.

they have the two ready to be deployed but have yet not "mixed them" once there mixed they are volitile & short lived.

Assad says he will never use chemical weapons on his own people, Assad does NOT consider the uprising as his own people he sees them as terrorists.

All is true. hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
FSA = Foreign Salafi Animals

Its only time before the Syrian Government collapses and the Zionists plus their friends get their way with Syria. Syria does not deserve this injustice, It would be a day when all the zionist leaders get WMDs blown in their faces, then we can all live in peace

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

If you're in Damascus, I for one would be interested in hearing your perspective on what's going on. I imagine some others would too. I'm sure you've read things in this thread and elsewhere about what people in other parts of the world are being told by politicians and media. It's very difficult to tell from here what is really going on and how much of what we hear is true and how much is propaganda to justify war.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

The answer is...Saddam clandestinely shipped his nerve gas WMD's next door to Syria to Assad's father.
Now, the boy has 'em.

Maybe someone should be sending the USA to the ICC? You know, because theywere the ones that allowed Saddam to acquire those weapons in the first place.. I'm gathering Iran was the threat of the day also back then?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just on the BBC Mid-day news, 8/12, UK foreign secretary, William Hague, has announced that the UK and US have evidence that chemical warheads are being prepared by Syria.

www.bbc.co.uk...

To those of us in the UK, this sounds very reminiscent of the announcement of WMD some 10 years ago and we all know what happened next!

Pass me my tin hat please.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am with the crowd that is not buying this "readying chemical weapons" sensationalist drama that is being sold in the news.

I have seen no proof supporting or disclaiming this news, but it makes no sense from a tactical standpoint, and as "bad" as Assad is he strikes me as rather pragmatic. Who is he going to use the Chemical weapons on? His enemies are scattered across the country, and any use of chemical weapons will kill far more civilians than militants. Some people think chemical weapons are some kind of a wonder weapon that eliminates all your problems and kills everything in sight. Most chemical weapons Syria has, and methods of delivery, will only allow them only very localized use. They may kill a thousand, less likely they may kill ten thousand, but they certainly will not kill far more than that. Even if we rule out foreign intervention, this will not turn the tide of the civil war, and may only strengthen the local support for the opposition.

There is a reason why there have been so few uses of chemical weapons in history. There is a reason why US and Russia got rid of large portions of their stocks. They are not as effective from a military standpoint as some make them out to be. They may be effective for committing localized mass killings - ala Saddam vs the Kurds,
but they would be of little use against a country-wide insurgency and rebelion.

I certainly understand why the Western media is feeding people this BS, but by now it would be expected for the more realistic people to take everything with a grain of salt. It has been plainly evident what game US and NATO (and Saudis for that matter) has been playing here. They already made plans for post-Assad Syria. The problem is that Assad is still there. This won't be solved by a quick in-and-out bombing run like Libya. This is where the military takes a back-seat (for now), and the marketing department takes a swing at it. US always had good salesmen, many right in the President's administration. Do you want to buy what they are selling? What are you really buying here?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Just on the BBC Mid-day news, 8/12, UK foreign secretary, William Hague, has announced that the UK and US have evidence that chemical warheads are being prepared by Syria.

"Foreign secretary" - it's like the nation's #1 salesman when it comes to selling war. Before you buy a car from this guy, ask him what the warranty is. Lets see how long it take him, Hilary, and the rest of tag team to sell this beast.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Point being, I highly doubt Assad would use chemical weapons on his own people and if he used them at all, I truly believe that it would be defensive, not offensive.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This encapsulates the kind of naivety and political blinkers so many people are wearing. Assad has decided not to go peacefully do why wouldn't he use WMD's against his own people? Why wouldn't the anti Assad force use WMD's against the regime or rival factions? Thanks to the West inaction every terrorist organisation will be able to access to Syria WMD stockpile.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattC

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace
You can always spot the Disinfo Shill News stories, that always source "Officials" without naming a single one.. LOL .. Run Sheeple Run

I counted 6 mentions of "U.S. officials" and 0 of any actual names. I'm not familiar with NBC (i'm a brit) but this looks like a blog. Are the authors well respected journalists or is this just a comment-piece?

I can't seem to find any other source that confirms this, or any official release from the "U.S. officials".

NBC is one of the major broadcasting companies in the US, so political spectrum aside it is from a major news organization.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join