It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Confidential how convenient.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by Happy1

I think Saddam used Mustard Gas, didn't he?

It was a combination of chemicals. Sarin was used for sure too. Also what difference does it make? Civillians are dying by the hundreds for almost 2 years now. Wether they die by Sarin or conventional arms dead is dead.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
OK i have a very stupid question so please bear with me. My supervisor and i was arguing that if Syria fired off chemical wepons what affect it would have on the USA. I said it wouldnt reach this far as it would disipitate in before it got here. She said since the earth rotates we would rotate into the chemical cloud and we would be breathing it. This seemed far fetched to me but is it true? Or would it wonder thru the winds like radiation? I know, i know its stupid but i would really like to know.

the only stupid question is one not asked.......

No if they did bomb them , it would be localized we wouldnt have to worry about that here........

However the implications of doing such an action would be wide spread.......im talking about the actions taken by other countries and leaders.........
edit on 6-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If chemical weapons are used, either by the Assad regime, or covertly to implicate the Assad regime as a "last desperate act of vengeance by a fallen regime" everything that will follow will be unstoppable...

Iran wants the Assad regime to remain in power, because they have a mutual defense agreement.

With the Assad regime out of the way, and Syria under some western control... Iran can be targeted with strikes on their nuclear facilities and programs... But will that come too late?

They want the USA to be involved, they need religious justification and the fulfillment of twisted prophecies.

Seems nothing will stop it now...

We'll see.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
OK i have a very stupid question so please bear with me. My supervisor and i was arguing that if Syria fired off chemical wepons what affect it would have on the USA. I said it wouldnt reach this far as it would disipitate in before it got here. She said since the earth rotates we would rotate into the chemical cloud and we would be breathing it. This seemed far fetched to me but is it true? Or would it wonder thru the winds like radiation? I know, i know its stupid but i would really like to know.

I hope your boss doesn't have access to anything sharp.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If that's true, it's a horribly scary situation.

I think the question is, WHY would Syria do that?

It makes no sense. I can't imagine they are THAT crazy. Sure, it plays into the narrative the media is depicting of them, but this goes too far. It doesn't make sense.

ok, honestly I haven't been following the Syria situation much lately, I think it's mostly manufactured hype. But I guess the story does make sense, since they are apparently about to be overthrown. I dunno, even then chemical weapons is a little too far.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

The internet is a funny place. People will take the time to correct something they see posted online, even when they claim its irrelevance in the next breath.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
If that's true, it's a horribly scary situation.

I think the question is, WHY would Syria do that?

Tens of thousands have been killed so far, and no chemical weapons used in Syria.

The Assad regime will fight until the last possible minute to retain power, and if they fall then anything may be possible...

Why?

A last desperate act of vengeance by a fallen regime... Assad is going to be implicated in war crimes even without using chemical weapons, there will be no exile for this man and his regime if they lose power and they know it.

What have they got to lose if they've lost everything?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

thanks i appriciate you answering my question and about not ridaculing me.
and no she does not LOL

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah, this is scary...........What now America? Aren't we spread thin already?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

.....................Classic last ditch attempt out of pure desperation...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I assume they arent mixed and stored because once you combine the elements it has a shelf life.
... so any one care to take a guess at how long this stuff can remain 'active' before it becomes useless?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxAcidxBurnxX
reply to post by ausername

.....................Classic last ditch attempt out of pure desperation...

Or an orchestrated component in a much greater plan....

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Assad may get shot by an assassin any day now.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxAcidxBurnxX
Yeah, this is scary...........What now America? Aren't we spread thin already?

Command and control, and all assets of the Syrian military and the regime can be targeted and eliminated, US and NATO forces (primarily Turkish) can move in for a brief occupation, clean up and humanitarian aid established, and a temporary government installed... No time to waste, once Syria is relatively secure, on to Iran...

Maybe.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I hope nothing happens, this is scary S***!

edit on 6-12-2012 by ZetaExplorer15 because: Wording

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
@MrSpad:

C'mon man...

I used to think the US (and/or NATO/FUKUS) just blundered into this stuff and had it unexpectedly blow up in their face; ie, arm/train/fund Bin Laden, OOPS,etc etc etc.)

But that can't be the case. They are doing this over and over and over. Arming, funding, training the same groups that they themselves have declared to be terrorists, then re-branding them as 'freedom fighters'.

Okay, just on the surface, not even getting into covert actions:

The *exact* thing that *just* happened in Libya is now happening in Syria. Same playbook, same players, same language by the media machine...Y'know, freedom fighters™, incubator babies, rape-gang soldiers, killing-his-own-people™, "activists say", WMD's, faked photos/videos...(I could've put a ™ next to all of those...)

Same language at the UN..."Regime change", "lost his legitimacy", "must step down","the freedom fighters™ need our help!", "He actually says there are terrorists there!Clearly he's delusional!", "Responsibility of the International Community!", "democracy!", "freedom!" blah blah blah barf.

If Russia and China had played their previous roles, there would've been an invasion, oops, intervention months ago, correct?

And you're seriously trying to tell me that they've been trying to stay out of it?!

C'mon man...how can that possibly make sense to you? Or do you believe the Libya lies as well?

Well, we can argue about it all day long...Oh wait, that's in the playbook too...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

I doubt another WW will happen I think Syria will be invaded and Assad Government taken out of power and if Assad does go ahead with his orders then he will be facing a judging panel for war crimes.
edit on 6-12-2012 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2012 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just what makes any of you so sure that those are going to be Assads weapons being used?
The US is "secretly" funding the syrian rebels
This indigenous spontaneous uprising actually involves foreign fighters, including al quida!!
al quida is the root of all evil on earth. oh wait, now they're on the US payroll, so alls well
America only provided air cover in Libya, except now the weapons being used in syria turn out to have been american supplied to libya, but qatar reshipped to syria, and nooobody knew about it..blah blah blah
Civilians being massacred by Assad troops, except the ones being massacred by the freedom fighters on our payroll

So far, nearly every story about and coming out of Syria is a lie.

Just what makes any of you so sure that those are going to be Assads weapons that get used?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is all propaganda to justify more US war.
Jeez,, are you guys falling for the Iraq WMD propaganda trick again?
Ya their are foreign mercenaries/terrorists being paid to act as opposition of Assad. But in reality it is just another regime over throw like Libya. Ya Assad is bad.
But the WMD trick again?? Common guys.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join