learn more

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I assume they arent mixed and stored because once you combine the elements it has a shelf life.
... so any one care to take a guess at how long this stuff can remain 'active' before it becomes useless?

You don't have to assume...

From the source:

"Fox News cites a senior U.S. official as saying the bombs must be used within 60 days or the chemical expires and must be destroyed."

IF and that is a huge IF the bombs have been loaded, then they will need to use them soon.

If they do... see my previous post.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Fox News?
Might as well use Scorcha Fal, I was after real, proper facts.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by ausername

Fox News?
Might as well use Scorcha Fal, I was after real, proper facts.

Fox is a good source on military subjects, and completely biased on anything even remotely political, you have to take it for what it is worth to you, but you can do your own research and conclude the 60 day timeline on your own.

Sorcha is complete BS.

When all else fails, do your own damned research.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Could you show me on that list where the US has left a tyrannical dictator in power after the year 2000. I see a lot before that but things have changed and the other dictators we support aren't killing their own people either.

Look at the 5 country list at the top of my post of dictators the US still supports

1. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia,the King of Saudi Arabia. He ascended to the throne on 1 August 2005 upon the death of his half-brother, King Fahd.

4. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo of Equatorial Guinea has been President since 1979. He ousted his uncle, dictator Francisco Macías Nguema, in an August 1979 military coup and has overseen Equatorial Guinea's emergence as an important oil producer, beginning in the 1990s. Obiang was Chairperson of the African Union from 31 January 2011 to 29 January 2012.

Interestingly, they also share a spot on another list, 10 Most Evil Dictators Alive Today.10 Most Evil Dictators Alive Today

of King Abdullah:

reports of the religious persecution of the Ahmadi (an Islamic religious movement founded in India) and accusations of human rights violations such as punishment amputations for criminals and substantial discrimination against women are well documented. Trade unions and political parties are prohibited, as are demonstrations, and dissenters can be imprisoned in solitary confinement without charge.

of Teodoro Obiang:

A “great survivor among Africa's leaders,” Teodoro Obiang has been described as making “Robert Mugabe seem stable and benign.” He is believed to be a cannibal (or at least he perpetuates this rumor himself), eating his opponents livers and testicles. He is a “bizarre and brutal dictator” who has placed his relatives in the government’s key jobs and won the last three presidential elections with over 97% of the vote. The country's notorious Black Beach prison houses his opponents, and fictional coups are fabricated in order to justify Obiang’s foot soldiers cutting off ears and torturing citizens.

Despite these crimes, Equatorial Guinea’s oil allows the violent regime to remain in place. US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice even welcomed Obiang to the US in 2004 and called him a “good friend.”

Tight with Condy. Point made.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
with the world watching...why would they use chemicals weapons??? with the world watching..why would they take a course of action that gaurentees intervention from outside countries??? with the world watching why would they conduct an action that gaurentees the end to the leadership of the country?? any leader wants to stay in power so why would a leader conduct an action that would gaurentee their end???

does anybody remeber colin powell showing pictures of iraq 'chemical wepons trailers' and activity around chemical weapons sites?? does anybody remember what the truth actual was AFTER action was taken??

this is all a political ploy to go to war...again...continual war is what the u.s. wants...keeps the people surpressed because 'if you are not with us, then you are against us'...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
why would a leader conduct an action that would gaurentee their end???

The end of the Assad regime is virtually assured now, they can go out with a huge display of vengeance, or they can attempt to escape into exile.

Which will it be?

Do you really want the truth?

It is that simple, and could be that dangerous, regardless of who the true conspirators and culprits are in all of this, to them the end will justify the means...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The end of the Assad regime is virtually assured now,

That is what they have been saying for the past few years, but it has been continually propped up by Russia, and iran.

Assad can do whatever he wants, and will walk away to either Russia, or Iran but wmds would not even be in the equation had the west done something more than 'IT tech support".
edit on 6-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yeah, cause while the world was watching, over a million people died in Iraq. And the people who lied to cause it to happen, still have the 'legitimacy' to question the 'legitimacy' of others. How many of 'their own people' did that kill? No one put sanctions on them, even though they had gone rogue from the UN's decision; no one got charged with war crimes, though they themselves like to talk about others' war crimes. No one 'lost their legitimacy', no one called for 'regime change'...

The same people recently defended Israel, saying "No other country would, or should allow missiles to be fired at them!" whilst they are themselves firing missiles into other countries, and the people there better just LIKE it.

The same people who said "I think 500,000 dead Iraqi children is worth it...", are now telling us Assad is a monster, and they care about THOSE people, the ones in Syria.

I could go on and on, but you get the point...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is not news. Everyone knows they have chemical weapons.

Of course they can use them.

But they haven't, so therefore, no news. Just fear mongering.

Move along.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

That is not what the IBC says www.iraqbodycount.org... nor does it say who did what there.

Coalition forces, or Iraqi nationals or foreign fighters forget that link those better to cite dogma than actual records.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by Happy1

I think Saddam used Mustard Gas, didn't he?

You could try reading the article: "Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's forces killed 5,000 Kurds with a single sarin attack on Halabja in 1988."

Saddam also is suspected of using VX nerve agent at Halabja. The piece is probably propaganda but VX gas is far worse than sarin. Who knows what the middle east powers traded amongst themselves though

VX (nerve agent)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
America uses chemical weapons on its own people....

Mercury in the Vaccines....

Genetically Modified Crops that create their own toxins to kill off bugs.....that they don't label and sell to us as food......

No more clinical trials to prove drugs are safe....everythings now immediatelly approved to "create jobs/wealth and kill off people saving Government liability for SS/Medicare.....also reduce people who need oil since america cant get oil from saudi arabia anymore.

""Vaccine"" makers get 100% full imunity in america to poison people...you cant sue them since they created the fake "Vaccine Court" under the Department of Injustice.

Nobody ever gets upset chemical weapons get used on Americans by their own Government.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If I am wrong, I stand corrected. I wasn't aware I was quoting false numbers.

There are other studies which give conflicting, and much higher, numbers.

Thank you, I will look into it so as not to continue doing so.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Nobody ever gets upset chemical weapons get used on Americans by their own Government
except Americans of course

however, i get your point and funny that, eh ?

the rest of the world wants our money, our technology and our help, but, they could care less what is actually happening to the American people

except those who prefer us dead of course

yeah, yeah, who cares, just keep the cash spigot flowing

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
LOL @ NBC,seriously your putting stock in NBC.I guess stupidity is like fads and fashion,reciprocal.

Smoke and mirrors yet again,the US population would never allow another war 40,000+ Syrians already dead is apparently not enough justification to go in there,Russia,China would have a freaking cow.

Add a precision guided munition armed with Sarin lazed by SF's already on the ground and you have the real precursor.

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and around 40 other ships are already off the coast of Syria and I think it's safe to assume their not sight seeing.
edit on 6-12-2012 by canDarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well whatever the case may be, we can't just go in full force and you couldn't just call in a aerial strike, GB Nerve is slighty heavier than air an hoovers above the ground, in wet humid conditions it'll degrade but in the heat it is much more worse, good think is its a NON-Persistent agent so you don't have to worry about it sticking to you, with sufficient protection that is, M-40 pro mask and JSLIST at MOPP4.
I'm thinking take out strategic assets near an around potential chemical targets then move in with specialized units to contain those weapons, chemical units will be on standby to decontaminate those units effected by any type of contamination an any other personnel including civilians.
Lets stop arguing about the media an instead try an wonder what measures could be taken to stop this from happening, regardless what you guys may think on whats up, the US takes chemical warfare very seriously, deadly seriously.
This ethnic cleansing going on in his country has to stop regardless, no its not just ANOTHER WAR, with chemical agents involved, it'll be a quick an swift strike, sure maybe an occupation, but nowhere near lets say Iraq.
AND just to be clear, if and when those chemicals are used, NO COUNTRY WILL STAND IN THE WAY OF AN AMERICAN INTERVENTION ON THE ISSUE OF CHEMICAL WARFARE.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
NATO is deploying about 400 troops along with monitoring aircraft, and the Patriot missiles

news.yahoo.com...

The diplomatic efforts to end the civil war come days after NATO agreed to post Patriot missiles and troops along Turkey's southern border with Syria after mortars and shells from Syria killed five Turks.

Germany's Cabinet approved the move on Thursday, and German Defense Minister Thomas de Maiziere told reporters that the overall mission is expected to include two batteries each from the Netherlands and the United States, plus 400 soldiers and monitoring aircraft.

Pieces in place

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
As much as I dislike Assad, he seems somewhat educated and sane, I have a hard time accepting that he will even considder the use of chemical weapons. If anything, this smells like a propaganda operation, to get opinions aligned. My two copper cents...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
OK i have a very stupid question so please bear with me. My supervisor and i was arguing that if Syria fired off chemical wepons what affect it would have on the USA. I said it wouldnt reach this far as it would disipitate in before it got here. She said since the earth rotates we would rotate into the chemical cloud and we would be breathing it. This seemed far fetched to me but is it true? Or would it wonder thru the winds like radiation? I know, i know its stupid but i would really like to know.

the atmosphere rotates with the earth... that's why you dont feel hundred mile per hour winds against you constantly.

furthermore, even if this was not the case, any gas will dissipate to fill the entire space available to it.. ie any gas released will spread out across the entire atmosphere.. it wouldn't take more than an hour, probably more like 10-20 minutes for it to spread to a point where it was no longer concentrated enough to be dangerous.

Just think about when someone farts, how the smell dissipates in a very short period of time.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
New report from the LA Times...

www.latimes.com...

As concerns mount that Syrian President Bashar Assad could unleash chemical weapons against his opponents, the Kremlin appears to be recalibrating its support for a desperate ally.

Russia three times has wielded its veto power in the U.N. Security Council to shield Assad from international condemnation for brutality against Syrians fighting for his ouster, a 21-month-old siege that by some accounts has taken 40,000 lives and displaced 2.5 million.

From that same report:

“The Russians don’t want him. Anyone who takes him in is going to be the target of a lot of anger,” Tabler said.

For context read the full report.

Looks like exile may no longer be an option for the Assad regime.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join