It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I.R.S. headquarters in maryland article with images a distrubing place like denver airport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioOne

That was a great response, but you completely missed what I was asking. I meant symbols as in the marks, icons, images, statues, and idols themselves, and not the metaphors that they may or may not represent.

What I was really asking is why does Lucifer use symbols(not to be confused with the symbol's metaphor), when the symbol will mark his presence or actions thereof/therein? That is to say, why would he use symbols and give away that he was involved? Like a criminal will leave his calling card - why do such a thing?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Actions or markings only become rituals and symbols when you give them meaning.

Asking him if he has a Christmas tree would be about the same as asking you if you have ever ate bread or drank wine.

edit on 12/6/2012 by Bleeeeep because: replaced able with about

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

No, it was to inform him that the Christmas tree is a pagan symbol, yet it has been adopted by Christianity as a whole. There are lots of "pagan" things around that we see as normal. I just hate when folks use that term like it's evil or something. Like the term occult. nothing sinister, just hidden.

edit on 6-12-2012 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I knew what you were trying to imply and I am telling you that a Christmas tree is not a pagan symbol unless the guy says it is. You must put meaning in symbology before it can become said symbol.

What is your intention? To corrupt his mind?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

What is your intention? To corrupt his mind?

Why yes, was it that thinly veiled?

Only pointing out hippocracy. Please take all the time needed to un bunch those panties.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Where is the hypocrisy?
Do you know who the puppet masters are and what they do or do not practice?
Has it got anything to do with panties?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Where is the hippocracy? complaining about "pagan rituals" being evil, then running off to hid the Easter eggs for the kids, or decorate the old Christmas Tree. Seriously, tell me you are just pulling my leg.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This is the last time I will try to explain this to you:
In order for Easter or Christmas traditions to be consider pagan rituals, they must be celebrated as Pagan rituals.
In order for his post to be hypocritical, the puppet masters, whomever they may be, must not be practicing the rituals as Paganistic rituals.

A ritual or symbol is only a ritual or symbol if it is given that meaning.

If you cannot understand that then I concede and you win.
edit on 12/6/2012 by Bleeeeep because: and you win*

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You are putting waaaaaaay too much thought into this. A Christmas tree is a Christmas tree just like a cigar is a cigar. It's universally recognized. If I took a room and filled it with 100 random people, I wold bet my ass and yours that 95 of them would see a picture of a decorated pine tree with lights and bulbs and say "Christmas Tree". The other 5 would be obstinate people who think they are above the status quo and want to call it something else. We ignore them usually.

and please put down your paranoid glasses, the puppet masters have nothing to do with Christmas trees.

edit on 6-12-2012 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus is prejudice against sweet tea. The south will rise again.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I went to the link and all the images were gone.
Anyone else notice this recently?
Is it because I'm on an iPad?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

A Christmas tree is a tradition of Christmas which is celebrated in Christ's honor.
A Yule Tree is a tradition of some kind of winter solstice festivities which is a celebrated in some Pagan God's honor.

Bread is ate and wine is drank in a tradition known as Communion - it is done in celebration of Christ.
Bread can be ate and wine can be drank with no purpose other than to satisfy one's desires to eat and drink.

One can burn food in a tradition of offering said food to a God.
One can burn food because they forgot it in an oven.

To identify rituals and traditions you must know what the purpose was for the action. A Christmas tree is no more a Pagan ritual than you burning a pizza is a burnt offering to a God. It does not matter who drug a tree into their home first or who burnt food first - it only matters what the purpose for the action was.

I posted this for those you are trying to deceive and not you. You should be ashamed.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

good find man, that place is as sinister as it gets

when you understand money is based on debt..

and the IRS is the collection agency for the interest

at the barrel of a gun...

& of course its all unconstitutional..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

its nothing new to understand religions have adopted traditions & days as their own..

just look at the pope.. the queen.. they have collected at the symbols of power & reverence for hundreds of years..

the Christmas tree.. is the world tree.. adopted by Christians.. simple as that.

the star, the three stars of Orion... and the earths orbit around the southern cross, the milky way snakes around your Xmas tree.. you puts bulbs on it just like shamans did on the trees to dry out mushrooms.. and reindeer eat these mushrooms. hence.. flying (tripping) reindeer....are all switched into Christianity..

three kings followed a star to find gods sun on the cross who died for three days and was resurrected..

all older traditions than christianity.

all happen every year in the sky Dec 22nd until Xmas day.. when the star, Orion's belt align to let us know where to expect the sun rising on Christmas day.. signalling winters peak & a return to warmer summer weather..

edit on 6-12-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You should be ashamed.

You are right. I feel so dirty.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Maybe they just should have had two hands, flipping the bird at the US people..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I am well aware of the concept you and Network are trying to push, but it is in error. Moreover, you are way late on trying to push this concept. It may be that you are just repeating the concept because you feel it's applicable or some revelation, but it's not, nor is it usually pushed for the actual benefit of anyone of faith.

To help you catch up: Some Christian allegedly allowed Paganistic festivities to be practiced during Christmas celebration in order to convert Pagans into Christians. It should be obvious, and a given, that the Pagans were allowed to do this, because the traditions were no longer strictly ritualistic in celebration of Odin, but had become more akin to festivities of a festival. After some time, Christians saw other Christians, the ones who were formerly Pagans, practicing Christmas with Christmas trees, so they adopted the tradition in honor of celebrating Christ – not Odin. From there, trees being brought into homes spread throughout the world and became what they are today - a Christmas tree brought into the home in celebration of Christ, a tree brought into the home in celebration of the holidays by Atheist, and maybe even still to this day, a Yule Tree brought into the home in celebration of Odin or other Paganistic God, etc, etc.

With that said, I want you to understand that I never argued who brought a tree into their home first. My argument is that a Christmas tree is not Paganistic, nor is it some "world tree" as you contend. You cannot just slap labels on rituals simply because they resemble another ritual. I think you might want to reread everything that was mentioned in prior posts.

In case you missed it, what is in question is if the group in the OP are practicing Paganistic rituals by way of symbolism.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Pagan Origins
Dating back centuries before Christ, cultures brought evergreen trees, plants, and leaves into their homes upon the arrival of the winter solstice, which occurs in the northern hemisphere between December 21st and 22nd. Although the specific practices were different in each country and culture, the symbolization was generally the same: to celebrate the return of life at the beginning of winter's decline. Egyptians particularly valued evergreens as a symbol of life's victory over death. They brought green date palm leaves into their homes around the time of the winter solstice. Romans had a public festival called Saturnalia, which lasted one week beginning on December 17th, and included a variety of celebrations around the winter solstice. Curiously, the Roman winter solstice was marked on December 25th on the Julian calendar. These celebrations are thought to have merged with pagan practices of hanging mistletoe and the burning of the Yule log. In Britain, the Yule log was originally seen as a magical amulet, and eventually made it into the hand's of Father Christmas. In Italy the Yule log is still burned for the "Festa di Ceppo". In Catalonia, the log is wrapped in a blanket until Christmas Eve, when it's unwrapped and burned for the custom of "fer cagar el tio". And in Serbia, families bring the Yule log (known as a "badnjak") into their homes on Christmas Eve to be burned along with prayers to God to bring happiness, luck, and riches. Druid priests in Great Britain also used evergreen plants and mistletoe in pagan ceremonies, and the mistletoe plant was the symbol of the birth of a god. Celtic Druids and Norseman of Scandinavia also used mistletoe in a mysterious ceremony just after the winter solstice. In the mid 1500's, Germans began using evergreen trees as a symbol of hope for the coming of spring. This practice is likely to have gradually evolved from pagan rituals of past, and merged with the celebration of Christmas leading to the tree's Christian beginnings. Contact Us ~ Christmas Links

Link to source

Those panties sure are getting bunched up.

Nobody said Satan is to blame for Christmas trees, just that they didn't originate because of the Birth of Jesus Christ. They were around long before he came, and they didn't come from the Church. And as every good thumper knows, if it didn't come from Jesus, then it's pagan and evil.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by reeferman

With that said, I want you to understand that I never argued who brought a tree into their home first. My argument is that a Christmas tree is not Paganistic, nor is it some "world tree" as you contend. You cannot just slap labels on rituals simply because they resemble another ritual. I think you might want to reread everything that was mentioned in prior posts.

In case you missed it, what is in question is if the group in the OP are practicing Paganistic rituals by way of symbolism.

This is ND's point. You can't just say "OMG PAGAN RITUALS" when something looks weird to you, or has superficial similarities to something else.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Don't have much to add, except I agree with your posts and I never knew the IRS motto: "Service plus Enforcement equals Compliance".

That in itself creeps me out.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

No, that was my point. How can you be so confused?

If you look at his first post, “Do you have a Christmas tree?”, you should be able to comprehend that he was trying to imply Christmas trees were paganistic, because the poster had mentioned the puppet master's use of pagan rituals. There would be no other reason to mention Christmas trees.

His following posts affirms this:

“No, it was to inform him that the Christmas tree is a pagan symbol, yet it has been adopted by Christianity as a whole. There are lots of "pagan" things around that we see as normal. I just hate when folks use that term like it's evil or something. Like the term occult. nothing sinister, just hidden.

His use of “pagan”, in quotations, is used to dismiss pagan symbols, as to say there is no such thing as the use of pagan symbols. He does this because some of the symbols are Masonic and he is probably a Mason. Furthermore, he is sympathetic to, promotes, or champions occultism.

If you trust him then your trust is misplaced – unless you're a mason too. In which case, I'll leave you with this quote:

“The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.” John F. Kennedy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join