It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Strange that scientists (and everyone on here) were going banana's over a discovery that was set to be announced late last weekend, but instead we were handed a lead balloon in the form of: "water and sulfur and chlorine-containing substances, among other ingredients" in the martian soil.

Today whilst ATS was down for a short while (not sure why?) I had a quick look on some other UFO news sites that I frequent, and spotted an interesting piece on the discovery of rodents.....YES RODENTS alive and kicking on the surface of Mars!

Is this what NASA was about to announce a couple of days ago?

See link here to the full article, video and more pictures:
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

I'm usually on the fence with objects spotted on Mars and so on, but this one stood out for me for some reason.

What do you reckon?
edit on 5-12-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's a rock. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Looks like a rat...smells like a rat...must be a rock!!!

In all seriousness I believe there was a thread on this at one time and I think most concluded that it was indeed a rock.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It's a rock. Sorry.

It's always a rock isn't it? Or maybe it's a spent Chinese lantern? LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
that would have to be a totally different kind of rodent eh. able to survive off of rocks and dust, able to handle temperature's from 0 to 170 below zero and able to withstand radiation levels never before seen on Earth.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If they are not using some earth location, some blasting site, for these photos. THEN THAT IS INDEED A RAT.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
That is most obviously a rodent. And not it aint no rock. But I don't actually believe these are from Mars. I do believe there are creatures on Mars, but why did they choose that blasted out site instead of here, for example.

or

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I have seen that pic on ATS somewhere. I agree, it DOES look just like a rodent. So does the one just to its left (sort of overlapping it somewhat) and facing the opposite way. You can see the back of its little ear, and its rear end is closest to the camera with its little tail.

I dunno, they look like guinea pigs to me!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There was a thread on this about a month ago....it's a rock....

Des

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Wow, your right, I can see a few dozen rocks!!!!... oops rats I mean.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well, it could be seen as a guinea pig.

It's definitely not a Silver back Gorilla

I'm betting on Rock.

I big dumb rock!

Curiosity indeed mate.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Its a rock ... I know its hard to believe but this is another case of Pareidolia .
Guninea pig on mars! Curiosity rover is not alone

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That particlular creature is not a rock and to even try to insist it is, is to try and make people believe crap when their own eyes KNOW 100% otherwise.

This isn't a guess. IT'S 100% PROOF OF A RODENT ON A NASA PHOTO THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN ON MARS.

That is a RAT. We had them in our kitchen and were putting them in cages and releasing them at the creek till we tinfoiled up the holes and taped them and got the 2 cats.

Eyes work just fine.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Check out the thread I linked ... its a rock .
I thought it looked like a rodent when I first saw it but it isn't .

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This is why the human brain fascinates me. It always makes us see things that aren't really there (clouds that look like animals) or takes nonsense (fuzzy images) and attempts to make what's there familiar to us.

What you see here is an example of this. It's just a rock that your brain has interpreted to look like a rodent. In that same image, I see a rock that looks like a dolphin or whale, and one that looks like a horse as well.

Incredible, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'd just like to know where on Earth...er...Mars, they're taking these pictures?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by gortex

That particlular creature is not a rock and to even try to insist it is, is to try and make people believe crap when their own eyes KNOW 100% otherwise.

This isn't a guess. IT'S 100% PROOF OF A RODENT ON A NASA PHOTO THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN ON MARS.

That is a RAT. We had them in our kitchen and were putting them in cages and releasing them at the creek till we tinfoiled up the holes and taped them and got the 2 cats.

Eyes work just fine.

Your eyes work fine, yes, but this isn't a case of what your eyes see. It's what your brain interprets that's what's going on.

Pareidolia ( /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Now even while I am very suspicious of their location, ie, why they chose the ugly blasted out site they chose when they have a planet of lakes, forrests and very intersting things to actually go in and view, so I can't help but think that might be an industrial blasting site on earth they used instead.

However, Arther C Clark looked at the tree photos on mars and said it was nearly (and that is a lie, because it was 100%) 100% proof of life on mars. And not only that, but where there is forests and trees THERE ARE CREATURES. There are animals. Birds. Deers, all numbers of creatures great and small.

Mars obviously either wasn't completely destroyed and it also is bouncing back.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It's not rodents...
But it's rodents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join