It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Originally posted by luciddream
Common sense would do the trick... Rodents alone cannot live like that... there is something called the Ecosystem

Where are the plants, the insects and the predator?.

there are pictures of that to

Try google :

"Mars plants" "Mars trees"
"Mars insects"
"Mars creatures"
"Mars lake"

Oh dear oh dear...

If you are referring to the illustrious Mr. Skipper, I'm afraid he has taken Pareidolia to all new levels. It never ceases to amaze me when someone actually believes his rather bizarre interpretations of Mars imagery.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

There is no doubt in my eyes that it is a rock... It is a fun optical illusion though!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

But don't get me wrong, I love you as you naysayers are, please don't change a thing, it entertains me

It all makes sense now... these are actually Mickey's footprints!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I like the replyes that some people give like: "The thread was here already, it's a rock". Well the correct way to say it is "the thread already exists, people consider it to be a rock" since none of you are actually NASA scientists who can say without a doubt that it is a rock. I really don't understand why people act like they hold the absolute truth. it can be whatever, a rock, a rat, a lizard, whatever until humans actually go there and pick it up and say: "HEY, IT'S A ROCK!" stop acting all cocky and discuss not impose. this is a place where we, as people like to discuss and we don't really like BDSM where some of you impose your point of view.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69
I like the replyes that some people give like: "The thread was here already, it's a rock". Well the correct way to say it is "the thread already exists, people consider it to be a rock" since none of you are actually NASA scientists who can say without a doubt that it is a rock. I really don't understand why people act like they hold the absolute truth. it can be whatever, a rock, a rat, a lizard, whatever until humans actually go there and pick it up and say: "HEY, IT'S A ROCK!" stop acting all cocky and discuss not impose. this is a place where we, as people like to discuss and we don't really like BDSM where some of you impose your point of view.

Thank god somebody said it. Who really knows what it is in that image. Could be a rodent on Mars, could be a rock on Mars. Could be a rodent here on earth too. I just get tired of people stating their opinion like it is a fact. This is a conspiracy site for goodness sake.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Just Chris

sweet.. never seen that before
Not made up my mind yet what I think it is, but at first glace. either a real life form or a Photoshopped rock

Thanks for uploading these!

To all the Nay-Sayers: How do you KNOW for a FACT that this is NOT a rodent? Seriously? I get that yes it COULD be a rock, but it definitely looks way more like a rodent. At least be somewhat humble and admit that you don't know for sure what it is, but in your humble opinion it definitely looks like a rock. I don't have a problem with that. But so many of you seriously at like middle school children who are arguing with someone. You resort to name calling and insults. Are you serious? For the sake of humanity, please grow up.

With that said, I think that these pictures show it is NOT a rock. Why?

Look at the shadows! there are shadows UNDER the rock/creature. Whatever this is is clearly suspending itself at least a half inch above the ground, as in: It's got feet.

You can even see the foot. You can see the mouth. You can see the ears. You can see the eye (for sure.)
And they are all exactly where they would be on a rodent.

I don't know how the creature would survive. I don't know what it would eat. I don't know much because I'VE NEVER BEEN TO MARS.

But it boggles my mind that people are calling others 'stupid' or 'idiots' because they are willing to be open to the idea that this MAY be a rodent of sorts.

Again, all of you people who think you are SO much smarter and logical than everyone else and think that everyone else is so dumb because they aren't...well, YOU: Get over yourselves.
edit on 5-12-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dondylion

Originally posted by Gregorian

Originally posted by Kody27

Its a RAT and the reason it bothers you so much is that it is LIVING PROOF of more NASA fraud.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

How do you KNOW it's a rodent and not a rock? Have you been there? Have you examined the object in question first-hand? Or are you just basing this off of what you see and what your brain is interpreting the object to be?

I know this is a case of Pareidolia because we see examples of this happening every day of our lives. Seeing faces in clouds, random shapes made from the chaos of dots on the ceiling, making faces out of rocks you see, etc. This rock is just another case of Pareidolia.

And some how you are above Paredolia?

You KNOW it's NOT a rock, right? (You know this for a fact...how?)
And yet you accuse other people of Pareidolia because they see a rodent instead.
How do you know it's not because YOU want to see a rock that you see a rock? It works both ways.

There's another term for that though: Hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My friend,

Its a RAT and the reason it bothers you so much is that it is LIVING PROOF of more NASA fraud.

How do you KNOW it's a rodent and not a rock? Have you been there? Have you examined the object in question first-hand? Or are you just basing this off of what you see and what your brain is interpreting the object to be?

I know this is a case of Pareidolia because we see examples of this happening every day of our lives. Seeing faces in clouds, random shapes made from the chaos of dots on the ceiling, making faces out of rocks you see, etc. This rock is just another case of Pareidolia.

How do you KNOW it's a case of Pareidolia? Have you been to Mars to prove it REALLY is?

Just playing devils advocate

From my personal experiences, I know fine well there are/is life on Mars.

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

They have always said that if we had nuclear war that devastated the Earth, the only living things would be roaches and rats. So.....

Man, it sure looks like a rat. Could it be a petrified rat/rock?

edit on 5-12-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Misspelling

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

How do you KNOW it's a case of Pareidolia? Have you been to Mars to prove it REALLY is?

Be safe be well,

Spiro

Because this kind of stuff, as I said, happens every day. Just like when you see a face looking at the moon, or when you see a bunny in a cloud. It's your brain processing the random array of information into something it recognizes.

Personal experiences, eh? So you've been to Mars then? You've seen this life first hand?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kobewan69

What's there to discuss when people can't see that a rock is a rock? There are a few things that come to mind but none of them are flattering.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There's not a chance in hell that thing is a rock.

Either rodents are on Mars, or more than likely these photos clearly wasn't really taken on Mars....which one is it?

Either way NASA are lying out of their backsides!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I smell a rat. This whole thing seems pretty squirrely if you ask me. If there is a race of rodents on Mars, I wonder what their eek-conomy must be like. I sure hope they don't have any weapons of mice destruction.

Okay, enough puns. :p

A mammal like a rodent couldn't survive on Mars. They would literally be unable to breath. So, either this is a picture not from Mars of an Earth rodent, or it's a very rodenty looking rock.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

And some how you are above Paredolia?

You KNOW it's NOT a rock, right? (You know this for a fact...how?)
And yet you accuse other people of Pareidolia because they see a rodent instead.
How do you know it's not because YOU want to see a rock that you see a rock? It works both ways.

There's another term for that though: Hypocrisy.

No, no one is above Pareidolia. It's something your brain does that you cannot control. I actually use Pareidolia to my advantage when doing my artwork. I take what my brain makes me see in random places (the dots on my ceiling or my wallpaper) and draw it. Nice way of trying to twist what I said, though.

Oh, so now you know what I want to see, eh? Believe it or not, I'm a firm believer in extraterrestrial life. I believe that there's life outside of this planet. However, what we're seeing here is a case of Pareidolia. I mentioned in my first post in this thread that not only do I see a rock that looks like a rodent, I also see one that looks like a horse and one that looks like a whale or dolphin. On closer inspection of the image, I also see two hands, a face, a rabbits face, and a sheep.
Does this mean all of those are actually there? No, of course not. It just means my brain is interpreting the objects into familiar things.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Either rodents are on Mars, or more than likely these photos clearly wasn't really taken on Mars....which one is it?

No chance in hell but high probability on Mars. Seriously, it's the same size and color as the rest of the rocks, the only thing 'odd' (not to me but to some people it seems) is it's shape.

Is this actually a woman?

Is this actually a skull?

There are literally endless examples of this kind of thing all around us. Humans are pattern seeking creatures. It is part of our survival instinct.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My friend,

My friend,

Be safe be well,

Spiro

Because this kind of stuff, as I said, happens every day. Just like when you see a face looking at the moon, or when you see a bunny in a cloud. It's your brain processing the random array of information into something it recognizes.

Personal experiences, eh? So you've been to Mars then? You've seen this life first hand?

Your last sentence is what makes us all different, in a way that we perceive objects to give us information. An example of this is, if I were to show ATS a " Factual " image I had taken in the Amazon rain forest of an unknown species of rat I had observed then, some members would agree and some would disagree and say it was a tree root. And that's my point, I had been there to capture it, if we don't go to Mars and " Factually Identify " it then we don't know for sure exactly what it is

But then again, this is a conspiracy site were we are expected to debate and share are own perceptions

Yes indeed, I have seen many things through my line of work that would make you go
and

However. not to be seen to derail the thread topic I will not discuss it here. I am entertaining the idea of starting a thread on what we have achieved, though just waiting on the right time to choose as it is not just my decision to share the information. We work as a team of 4 for remote viewing.

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

if I were to show ATS a " Factual " image I had taken in the Amazon rain forest of an unknown species of rat I had observed then, some members would agree and some would disagree and say it was a tree root. And that's my point,

Both things that are likely to be found in a terrestrial rain forest.

And that's the alternative point.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
1K People Willing to Take One-Way Trip to Mars
Mars One wants to send 4 people there in 2023

Not much time left to make a reservation. I'll go if they let me take my Daisey BB Gun and my Ruger pellet gun for some might good rat shootin...........

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Wow, what an amazing display of failed logic.

Why couldn't it be a rock exactly?

Where does your negative perception of NASA come from?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That's where my pet Guinea pig went. It was part of experiment where i strapped a rocket to it's back, and launched it.
It's a rock, did i say "it's a rock".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join