It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giza Pyramids Alignment December 3rd 2012

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Did anyone even bother to read the article linked?

In order to view the actual pyramids aligned anything like those in the images at the top of the diary, you would have to view toward the north standing south of them. The three planets come up in the east, not the north. This alignment is physically impossible.

The planets did not align with the pyramids

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I'd like to point out the the third has come and gone already in some parts of the planet. What say you about that?

I don't remember saying something was going to happen on dec 3rd. All I said was the planets aligned and the math of this happening on dec 3rd in relation to dec 21 is pretty spectacular. I think it deserves to be looked at.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Will you say your existance was sad when the 22 arrives?

What does my existence have to do with anything at all? whether something happens on dec 21 or not.... wtf does my existence have to do with it?

We all have a right to exist, and if you can't see that, then that's your problem, not mine.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As much as I'd like this to be real and contrary to what you been seeing circulating around the interweb, I'm afraid the articles aren't real!earthsky.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This would have been truly awesome though!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

Ahhh. So the alignment WAS real, but just not over the pyramids ?

Got it.

edit on 3-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is cool. Although this is a perfect time to correct a common misconception, since we are discussing the pyramids. Most people seem to think they were built to align to the constellation of Orion's Belt, but this was never the case, just a mistake. The alignment was never perfect, and to think that the Egyptians would have made such a huge mistake is next to impossible considering the importance of their religion and the relation to the heavens. The pyramids instead align to what is known as Cygnus.

It is actually a perfect alignment. Also, due to this realization, a cave complex and other meaningful structures have been discovered by plotting the remaining stars in the constellation of Cygnus. I think they found the "bird" tomb, or something like that, which is fitting considering we are talking about Cygnus. So hopefully everyone who does not know this will read this and correct their misconception. Thanks for the thread and the opportunity to mention this piece of information.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Watched the sunrise this morning "Awesome" doesn't happen often... every 2800 years and the Alignment over Giza matching the Pyramids every 28,000 years... well worth the watch
What you have to realise is NO Human will ever see the Giza alignment ever again due to the planets climate. Infact we may not even see the one in the next 2800 years time either, what with our dependancy on Fossil Fuels 170 years and counting.
So go check it out 3rd-9th December 2012, 1 hour before sunrise.

Just to add, yes it is very cool when you realise that the last alignment like this was 28,000 years ago over Giza and if this is the reason for there position maybe that means history is very, very wrong... That means someone witnessed it 56,000(even 84,000 years or more!) years ago built the pyramids ready for the next alignment 28,000 years ago and now we are seeing the second alignment since the pyramids were built?...Could confirm the age of the Sphinx as being a lot older than it is admitted to being... maybe just a thought.

Just to add no.2 : Images are Photoshopped but the Alignment isn't, it's quite Real
Or was that a mirage outside my back door today

edit on 4-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by McGinty

...regardless of what time measurements were used they would equate the same in the end, right?

No, the quote in question (on the opening page) is this:

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
18 days before dec 21

6+6+6 = 18

18*24*60 = 25920....... 25920 years in the zodiac...... 25920 minutes before dec 21.

Lets call it a coincidence and ignore it.

18 Days, 24 hours, 60 minutes being the basis of this numerology.

However, if the Pyramid builders divided days into something other than 24 segments/hours into something other than 60 segments, then these figures lose their meaning in relation to the Pyramids, thus the formula is misguided.

Who's to say the time the earth takes to revolve has to be divided into 24 ?

ETA: Having said that, please do post an alternative measurement of time that can reflect 18 days before the 21st and along with its hours and minutes adds up to 25920 (then again, perhaps they used only one division of a day, or maybe 10,000 ! )

edit on 4-12-2012 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This is cool. Although this is a perfect time to correct a common misconception, since we are discussing the pyramids. Most people seem to think they were built to align to the constellation of Orion's Belt, but this was never the case, just a mistake. The alignment was never perfect, and to think that the Egyptians would have made such a huge mistake is next to impossible considering the importance of their religion and the relation to the heavens. The pyramids instead align to what is known as Cygnus.

It is actually a perfect alignment. Also, due to this realization, a cave complex and other meaningful structures have been discovered by plotting the remaining stars in the constellation of Cygnus. I think they found the "bird" tomb, or something like that, which is fitting considering we are talking about Cygnus. So hopefully everyone who does not know this will read this and correct their misconception. Thanks for the thread and the opportunity to mention this piece of information.

well thanks jiggy, didnt know that, interesting. I will have to do some more digging.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

reply to post by JayinAR

well, let me explain in more detail.

an alignment with the pyramids of giza, with the planets mercury, venus, and saturn, also in alignment with orions belt, is occuring exactly 25920 minutes before the date dec 21 2012.

the precession of the equinoxes takes 25920 years to complete. It has been long believed that the pyramids tracked this cycle.

and it is one hell of a coincidence that an alignment like this is occuring exactly 25920 minutes before dec 21 2012, the date everyone is waiting for, for someone event or something to happen.

This coincidence is so far out there that any skeptic that doesn't take a second look is just plain ignorant.

This is huge. Its jaw dropping. And it should be eye opening.

Did the Ancient Egyptian's measure days in 24 hours, hours in 60 minutes and minutes 60 seconds.

Not being a smart ass, i genuinely don't know - for all i know they had their own unique way of measuring time/days. If so it would not make sense to then apply a key of 60 seconds per minute etc. to their reasons for building the Pyramids.

Why do people keep on asking if the Egyptians measured time like we do.... It doesn't matter if they had 1464 hours in a day.... What we do know, is that the length of time it takes for precession is 25920 years.

What we also know, is how long a day is, no matter what civilization you research, a day stays the same length. So just by calculating things in days, we can determine how the ancients measured time. So with 25920 as a basis, we can take all of our math from that number alone and see how it breaks down. When we do the proper conversion to our calendar, we can clearly see, including in minutes and hours, when cycles come to an end. The math is precise.

The only problem we have with the measuring of time from the ancients, is when the count actually started. A lot of the math really does add up to dec 21 2012, but thats using the year 3100, as a starting point. If that starting point is wrong, then we need to look at when the numbers add up again, and thats not til around 2060 or 2070.

However, the year 2012 is one of those years where the numbers do infact add up, so it may be right, or it may be wrong. At this point all we can do is wait and see. There is so much surrounding 2012, that the coincidences cannot be ignored. But if our starting date is wrong, then so is 2012. But there is no harm in trying to figure it out.

So skeptics, please, stop telling me the math is wrong, because its not wrong, it might just be off by so many years because no one today was alive thousands of years ago to give us the exact year to start counting from.
edit on 4-12-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

reply to post by JayinAR

an alignment with the pyramids of giza, with the planets mercury, venus, and saturn, also in alignment with orions belt, is occuring exactly 25920 minutes before the date dec 21 2012.

the precession of the equinoxes takes 25920 years to complete. It has been long believed that the pyramids tracked this cycle.

and it is one hell of a coincidence that an alignment like this is occuring exactly 25920 minutes before dec 21 2012, the date everyone is waiting for, for someone event or something to happen.

This coincidence is so far out there that any skeptic that doesn't take a second look is just plain ignorant.

Did the Ancient Egyptian's measure days in 24 hours, hours in 60 minutes and minutes 60 seconds.

Not being a smart ass, i genuinely don't know - for all i know they had their own unique way of measuring time/days. If so it would not make sense to then apply a key of 60 seconds per minute etc. to their reasons for building the Pyramids.

Why do people keep on asking if the Egyptians measured time like we do.... It doesn't matter if they had 1464 hours in a day.... What we do know, is that the length of time it takes for precession is 25920 years.

What we also know, is how long a day is, no matter what civilization you research, a day stays the same length. So just by calculating things in days, we can determine how the ancients measured time. So with 25920 as a basis, we can take all of our math from that number alone and see how it breaks down. When we do the proper conversion to our calendar, we can clearly see, including in minutes and hours, when cycles come to an end. The math is precise.

The only problem we have with the measuring of time from the ancients, is when the count actually started. A lot of the math really does add up to dec 21 2012, but thats using the year 3100, as a starting point. If that starting point is wrong, then we need to look at when the numbers add up again, and thats not til around 2060 or 2070.

However, the year 2012 is one of those years where the numbers do infact add up, so it may be right, or it may be wrong. At this point all we can do is wait and see. There is so much surrounding 2012, that the coincidences cannot be ignored. But if our starting date is wrong, then so is 2012. But there is no harm in trying to figure it out.

So skeptics, please, stop telling me the math is wrong, because its not wrong, it might just be off by so many years because no one today was alive thousands of years ago to give us the exact year to start counting from.
edit on 4-12-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry to disagree, you are obviously very passionate about the subject. But i have to say that all of your passionate rhetoric doesn't change the fact that using 24hr/60min scale as a key only has meaning if it was intended to be the key, i.e if the encoders/builders also used that scale of time measurement.

Only then does the start date become relevant.

It matters not that days have remained the same length throughout history (although i'm pretty sure this isn't true - i recall reading that the Earth's spin has slowed gradually, which, BTW for me goes a little way to explain the extreme ages of Old Testament figures - if the days were much shorter). What matters is that the numbers 24 and 60 are being used to reach 25920.

These numbers being used in this equation are about the segments a day is divided into, which, after the obvious division of Day & Night, is essentially arbitrary. If the Pyramid builders split days into 99 parts and each part into 13 parts (randomly speaking) and they used the numerological equation used above they would have:

18*99*13 = 23166

Sure it's neat that 18*24*60 add up to 25920, which suggests they may well have used a 24hr/60min coder as it neatly makes the 25920 precession figure. It's certainly very interesting - even spooky, but not conclusive.

Time will tell

BTW, i'm no skeptic, just a stickler for logic and compelled to be devil's advocate when inconclusive evidence is presented as conclusive. There's a lot of impressionable readers that need to see both sides of the argument.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Hey
How did it look? Is it different from a normal sunset? Did you see all the planets? Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this subject of matter

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There are no coincidences, everything happens fro a reason. This can be truly understood better by reading the book "Celestine Prophecy" You will soon realize that numbers, events both good and bad, random or planned, this reply are meant to happen. You will learn about energy fields and how to use them, I can you this something important is soon going to happen, not sure what however? About 6 - 7 years ago I began seeing 11's everywhere, it became more and more with each passing day, I just blew it off. Until one day I decided to search it, 1st thing that I came accross was 11:11am December 21st 2012, we all know what this is now, but soon after much more was learned , including a so called DNA Awakening, for those of us that are seeing this. Point is the are no coincidences, everything leads to a bigger picture we are not always aware of at the moment.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My apologies if someone already pointed this out, but I was surprised to not find this within the first few replies:

This is a hoax, and while it resulted in some interesting discussion, probably should be dumped into the hoax bin as disinfo. The alignment happening is not uncommon, and will not (did not) align with the pyramids.

Here's one easily found link of many explaining this: (if my link posting works)
www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman

Hey
How did it look? Is it different from a normal sunset? Did you see all the planets? Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this subject of matter

If anyone is still buying this bunk, I challenge them to find a legitimate photo of this incredible, rare event. (they won't, because it didn't happen.) the alignment happened as it did in 2007, with no association to the alignment of the pyramids.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by JayinAR

I understand what you're saying here. I really do. While the alignment of Mercury, Venus, and Saturn to the pyramids in Giza are interesting, it's not something that I think is particularly jaw dropping.

Here's the big problem and we may as well all start discussing this now before it happens. What will be said on December 22nd, 2012 when nothing "earth-changing" happens? We all know that there will be nuts out there who will do drastic things on that day because it's significant to them, but that isn't earth changing. We can laugh, we can ridicule, we may even choose to ignore the people who have shouted so loudly that December 21st, 2012 is a huge date and that something earth changing will occur. But what do we say then? There are so many people out there who are hoping for disaster. You can see it in their eyes. It's like they want to have it happen. When nothing happens, then what? It's almost like they are counting on a huge earth changing event. When that doesn't happen, there are going to be a lot of people out there who are genuinely depressed and disappointed. We need to start thinking about that, and our response to it as the ATS collective.

Of all the pyramids on the planet, we have three that seem to align with planets (and those planets aren't even in order). Most of us have been told that they were likely placed to resemble Orion's Belt, and not an alignment of planets. What does that say about the rest of the pyramids? Is the area of the pyramid the only factor in it's significance? If most people deem pyramids to be significant structures, then their specific placement on the globe must also be significant. What do the other pyramids line up with?

I wish I could get all enthusiastic in this, but I can't. The only significant (naturally occurring) thing I see happening on December 21st, is that all the summer lovers in the northern hemisphere will be thrilled that we'll be gaining daylight again instead of losing it. As far as the crazed people out there, I have no idea what they'll do. Belief in something causes people to do insane things.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman

Hey

Well It was 6.30 am "SunRise" UK time facing East... Spica slightly off set and above Saturn... going down and left in perfect symmetry was the brightest of the three objects Venus.... then closer to the horizon but in a perfect line was Mercury, glittering like a beautiful Amber Gem. All viewable in my Newt, most excellent.

edit on 4-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Am i right in thinking it's not so much an alignment with each pyramid. But more the position of the stars themselves in almost the exact position of the three pyramids as seen from above?

Not sure, because i've seen people say that aligned (aka, one star on top of each pyramid)
and then i've seen that it's the alignment of the stars with each other that's similar to the pyramids as seem from above..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join