It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

My mistake. I uploaded the wrong version of the image
edit on 29-1-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Wicked cool, dude.........

Awesome!!

snarky

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As promised

Here's how the transparent ships are made.. First I load the ship file into Lightwave's Layout. (I won't bore everyone on how the ships are modeled, it takes days/weeks/months to make them)

Reposition it and make sure the lights are in the right place, set the camera

Render the frame

The frame will then render and give you two files that need to be saved, the RGB Render (all the color etc) and a black/white solid render that is used as the alpha transparency in LW, but we use it to cut the ship out in Photoshop.

Once those two files are saved, shut down Lightwave and open Photoshop, load both files in and put them in the same picture on sep. layers... then select color (White) and hide the black/white layer.

Once that's done, hit copy to copy the ship itself without the black background, and repaste it on yet another layer, and hide all layers/backgrounds except that latest paste.

Then go to Save for web (after you adjust it to the size you want) and save as a transparent PNG..

Once that's done you have your ship, without a background and on a transparency, to be added to whatever you please..

Hope you enjoyed this abridged little lesson

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Of course for work related stuff it gets ten times more complicated LOL, we have to worry about things like banking, motion, how things play off the background plate, reflections, radiosity bouncing, golden sections etc... This is part of the scene I'm currently working on, each slider controls a part of the aircraft that moves during the scene..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by snarky412

I drink French Roast Keurig all day, usually. Typically, i will go through about 8 kcups in an average 16 hour workday. I am a coffee fanatic.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Its like you took a picture of me enjoying that first cup of coffee after i get to my office.

at least, that's what it feels like in my mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I have no clue what the symbol is. I just saw a picture of it and thought it was interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey all just popping in to say that good things still happen here. I haven't been in here much because there hasn't been many requests.

Also just got over being pretty ill this week. The flu hit the U.S this year like a truck and normally I do not get sick but this year I did.

Sorry I have been slacking but I am feeling better and waiting for some user requests.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

we need to drum up some user requests.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Also just got over being pretty ill this week. The flu hit the U.S this year like a truck and normally I do not get sick but this year I did.

I haven’t had the flu in over 10 years, but it got me too last week… not good.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

we need to drum up some user requests.

…and/or a contest!!!

Valentines day is right around the corner. (hint, hint!)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here's a few pics I turned into avatars.

The last one got a little messed up in resizing. Here's the original.

edit on 1/31/13 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i know this isn't a "hot seller"....but i am working on background patterns

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
As promised

Here's how the transparent ships are made.. First I load the ship file into Lightwave's Layout. (I won't bore everyone on how the ships are modeled, it takes days/weeks/months to make them)

Reposition it and make sure the lights are in the right place, set the camera

Render the frame

The frame will then render and give you two files that need to be saved, the RGB Render (all the color etc) and a black/white solid render that is used as the alpha transparency in LW, but we use it to cut the ship out in Photoshop.

Once those two files are saved, shut down Lightwave and open Photoshop, load both files in and put them in the same picture on sep. layers... then select color (White) and hide the black/white layer.

Once that's done, hit copy to copy the ship itself without the black background, and repaste it on yet another layer, and hide all layers/backgrounds except that latest paste.

Then go to Save for web (after you adjust it to the size you want) and save as a transparent PNG..

Once that's done you have your ship, without a background and on a transparency, to be added to whatever you please..

Hope you enjoyed this abridged little lesson

Great work i love it
always wondered how they made the models layout.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle

I may start a thread in general chit chat that shows the whole process from beginning to end, starting with the simple Box and ending with the textured vessel.
In case anyone was interested, as there's lots of discussions on the site about how 9/11 was all CGI or they use it in certain circumstances, it's not as easy to just chuck stuff together as people think..

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
…and/or a contest!!!

Valentines day is right around the corner. (hint, hint!)

I got on my Valentines Day avatar now.

I call him Flirtycat and he wants to make out with your avatar.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

OOOO Pretty

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Getting ready for Valentines...............

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Valentines day is right around the corner.

Indeed it is.....I'd love to see some nice valentine's avatars....I'd probably pick one....and soon it will be east/spring solstice

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join