It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks tenth, I was shooting for photo-realism.

But honestly, all the credit goes to Zarn and bfft, as they teemed up to design this one for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Yeah I have this thing with Red Tail Hawks, which are all around the area I live. However, I started seeing this unusually large one over and over and over again about 10 years ago.. it would literally swoop down in front of me while I was out on a run, and in front of my car as I was driving down the road... sit on my fence line behind my house. The really strange part was how it seemed to make itself known, and make sure I SAW it.

I sold my home and moved into town, and I assumed I would never see it again. One day my daughter and I drove out to the old house to see if the new owners had changed it at all, and sure enough....red tail hawk swoops down right in front of our vehicle as we were leaving!!! The last really strange thing that happened though was right in the middle of town, at my mother's house... one literally dove down and beat it's wings right above my mother's head.. completely freaked her out! I tried to tell her I always felt it was a good omen and actually wished it had been me instead of her, (I was inside the house when it happened).

I wouldn't mind another avatar with a red tail hawk, but I would also like it to be somehow feminine as well. I can't think of anything else about me other than I come from a Cherokee Indian heritage and am a mother who would without a doubt protect and defend my children and my home..

Thanks so much for any help you can give me w/my Avatar!!!! It is much appreciated

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Sounds like you have a spirit guide. Crows follow me everywhere. There's one on my property that's like a black chicken, it's huge.

I have to head out for a few hours, but something, feminine, native american with a red-tail hawk theme sounds like a great project idea.

Leave it with me, I'll have something up shortly.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

That is the best image that I could find for an avatar. It needs to be resized though.

P

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I can't wait to see what you are coming up with

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Apologies for this taking so long, I couldn't upload anything for a bit. God only knows why...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

That is very nice, very nice indeed.

P

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

That's really beautiful!!! Now to figure out how to change my avatar

Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out, just gonna save the image then upload it and hopefully all we go well.
Thanks so much for doing such a great job
Much appreciated !!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I originally did try and add a Cherokee child in there, but it made it too busy, and cluttered the space too much sadly. The idea was having earth and sky at the bottom (Mother and Father) with the red-tail hawk over your shoulder as a spirit guide in the dreamworld inbetween, hence the stars. I hope that makes sense...

On page 1 of this thead there are instructions on how to load it as your avatar. The simplest way is put an invisible pic as your avatar, and set this pic as your background. It will give you the full image.

If you get stuck, sing out, always happy to help people get set up, as are others here.

edit on 19/7/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh it's perfect!!! Seriously, love the way the Hawk is right there watching over my Avatar!!!! This really means a lot to me, just as much as when I first found out what the spirit guide meant!

Originally when I first saw this Hawk, literally it flew down close enough in front of me while I was running that it startled me quite a bit, with headphones in I'm sure I shrieked pretty loud.. still it landed on a guide wire close by so I could get a good look, making sure I saw it! I researched the meaning in the Native American heritage, because it just seemed like the place to go-and it WAS!!!

people.tribe.net...

The red tailed hawk carries the roll of visionary and messenger. This honorable totem brings the lesson of discovering dormant abilities and helps us to see the big picture. It is a symbol of illumination and peace. This special friend offers a path to channel direct contact with hidden wisdoms and insights. It further teaches us to be very observant of these insights and wisdom, the treasures offered by Red Tailed are sacred and of a higher calling. We are asked to show precision and a sharp mind in our hunt for wisdom along our path. When the Red Hawk Soul is then operating from such Higher Intent, these are the natural born investigators, psychics, attorneys and observers that deploy their acumen for insight and direct speech in a constructive, rather than destructive, manner
Red Tailed Hawk’s Power is further represented by the beautiful red color that comes with maturity. This is our reminder that wisdom takes time and is not something that is given, the wisdom of Red Tailed Hawk is something that must be earned. Red represents Power, Energy, and the Kundalini. The Kundalini is the Force that directs the flow of all other energy fields within the physical body. This Force lies dormant within each of us when we take up the ~Robe of Physical Life, and is thought to lie coiled at the ~base chakra~ (located near the base of the spine) and referred to as the ~Serpent Power. ~ There the Power lies sleeping until it is awakened via the Soul who begins the journey on the road of spiritual discovery and who is consciously acknowledging and incorporating their Life Lessons. Red Tailed Hawk will soar beside the Two-Legged whose own gift of psychic vision may be exceptionally acute. This may take the form of precognitive dreams and/or ~visions~ during which these souls are quite literally able to "see the future."

If the gift of vision is not present from birth, then there will exist within the Red Hawk soul, the ability to pierce the veil that separates falsehood from truth. They will also possess an intensive gaze that can leave those who might find themselves the object of such a gaze, squirming under the penetrating stare.

Equally, Red Tailed Hawk individual, will have the ability to view the broad picture, in much the same fashion that a Hawk can gain a wide view of their surroundings while soaring on the unseen currents of wind as they ride the sky. The human counterpart will be a believer in the philosophy that all things happen for a reason, and it will be this awareness of the ~Big Picture, ~ that will assist both themselves, and those whom they share their gift of keen insight with, through many a difficult time.

edit on 19-7-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I uploaded it, and then got your post about uploading a transparent avatar, trying to get it to take up the entire space, but not sure I did it correctly

YEAAAH!!! I got it!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shell69

I uploaded it, and then got your post about uploading a transparent avatar, trying to get it to take up the entire space, but not sure I did it correctly

YEAAAH!!! I got it!!!!

Templar is outstanding at making an avatar that tells a story.

It looks really, really nice.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I know!! Really talented ATS buddy to have

See your Avatar is one of those I used to envy so much, but now I have a very special one of my very own!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Well, when you want a change come back and see us.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Entry #1

I heard somewhere that Furry is a big UT fan, so I thought I'd be nice to him

So, star this one Sooner rather than later, so Furry can have a good avatar to wear

Shoulda dealt with this a few days ago. Wed-Fri this week at work was, erm....trying. And yesterday I just forgot.

I have never used an avatar made by someone else. So without further delay, unless there is a dispute on my boss level star counting skills, this is the winner of the chicken dinner.

And I will wash away the stain of the burnt orange once the college football season kicks off.

Later today i will match up the signature. For now, thanks Zarni.
And everyone else for the LULZ.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Yeeeee haaaaawww
Remember the orange banner ad everyone hated? I liked it
. Zarni did a fantastic job as always. You look nice

edit on 21-7-2013 by Iamschist because: caps fail

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That's a legit avatar though.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

For now, thanks Zarni.

You are quite welcome.

Although kickoff is more than a month away.

As the winner, I think one week is plenty to wear an avatar as a result of a contest.

so let it be said... so let it be done.

(I don't want to see that avatar for over a month)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

if that is the case, then the only thing I can accept is some collaboration between the team. I have a "tuba shirt" to design for my sons tuba section....and a turkey on the smoker (well, only the breast, bone in of course)....

,,,but if anyone's is game, i am sure I would like some animation on what i make.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Gotta say, I'll be sad to see that avatar go but, here are a few options I worked up. I seem to recall you had a fondness for JFK.

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join