It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Sounds waaaay too complicated for me. And don't worry, I go through a PS3 controller in pretty much the same way about every six or so months. I'm surprised the one I have currently is still working.

I don't know if these will work or not, but these are the basic codes I get when using them. You can try copying them over and see if they work;

Invisible avatar:

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif

Background:

/ files/img/ti51320658.png

Remove the spaces first, then hit submit. Remember to do the avatar first, and clear out any older code first. Then do the background and do the same.

Hope that helps a bit, not all familiar with the whole Apple thing.

I hate Ipads, I can never get them to do anything other than basic functions

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks mate. I'll try again on my mac but lion is a dog and until I can learn how to make an offline local copy/image of the OS i ain't updting to ML. Part of my problem is I don't like updating anything unless i have to, and I am fighing to the death to avoid the cloud. I also have no funds for broadband thanks to the banksters. I'm not even keen on syncing. Yesterday i just couldn't highlight or copy your transparent image to my desktop, it would only copy the entire thread page. And after a day of trying to get a simple table onto a page I found myself with my mac in my hands and ready to thow it at the wall. All i watned was 6 columns and as many 0.7 cm rows as could fit on one sheet of A4. Simple I hear you say, but not so with Pages. Even with the transparent image code copied (minus the gap) i coudn't get to a box on ATS to paste it.

I know i'm being a pain but as I'm 43 and aen't been in an office enviroment since 1993 i've discovered i'm falling behind the curve for even the non computer literate. I can't even find how to back up my thousands o bookmarks so i can update from ios 4.3.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks for your help I'll give this a go when I'm back in front of a proper computer not a 9.7 inch handheld flatscreen cosumption device. You'd think I could natively upload an image from the pad to ANY site but no. You have to pay extra for that. Apple? Worse than microsoft ever were, and spying on everything you ever do. I'm forever deleting gmail accounts from my ipad but they come back despite the fact I only access email hrough a browser. I also get phantom ATS web pages that I looked at once two years ago that keep coming back no matter hw many times I cear history.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks mate. I'll try again on my mac but lion is a dog and until I can learn how to make an offline local copy/image of the OS i ain't updting to ML. Part of my problem is I don't like updating anything unless i have to, and I am fighing to the death to avoid the cloud. I also have no funds for broadband thanks to the banksters. I'm not even keen on syncing. Yesterday i just couldn't highlight or copy your transparent image to my desktop, it would only copy the entire thread page. And after a day of trying to get a simple table onto a page I found myself with my mac in my hands and ready to thow it at the wall. All i watned was 6 columns and as many 0.7 cm rows as could fit on one sheet of A4. Simple I hear you say, but not so with Pages. Even with the transparent image code copied (minus the gap) i coudn't get to a box on ATS to paste it.

I know i'm being a pain but as I'm 43 and aen't been in an office enviroment since 1993 i've discovered i'm falling behind the curve for even the non computer literate. I can't even find how to back up my thousands o bookmarks so i can update from ios 4.3.

No offense but the reason they released 10.8 was to fix the issues people had with 10.7 so updating to ML would be in your best interests that or going back to 10.6.8. (of course that depends on the mac you have) as far as Pages goes it's a little difficult to figure out, but once you do, you'll still want to use MS Office or Open Office for columns and the like (Personally I use Quark Xpress but that's because I have been for years and it's what i'm comfortable with)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I killed the other two printers because they deserved it, I'd already got them installed but they decided to develop schizophrenia because I moved them from one room to another. One wouldn't register paper the other wouldnt stop puking blank unprinted paper.

My new rubbish printer is a HP 3055a. And after way way less than 100 pages it tells me its empty. I'd love to be able to find Mac help in reducing the print quality to draft and/or making it lighter. No options available for the former and the latter setting reverts back to darker before I even print the page. There's windws help online but I haven't found any mac help, and mac forums are really snotty and rude to novices.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I mostly use my ipad for consumption and my air for stuff i can't do on my ipad. It came with lion so had no os or recovery disk. I've learned the hard way that updating apple software often makes matters worse. It doesn't help that my net access is by tethering through a pre-paid 'no tethering allowed' cell. So updating software is a ticket to the asylum for me.

Anyway i'm derailing the thread so if the offer of help is still open I'll PM you or start a thread when I'm more happy to get stressed out without smashing things lol!

It's really heartening that so many people on here have offered help. Because all I see on apple forums is comments like,

"Ever heard of google?". --- yes google sent me here! Grrrh.

And

"well go and buy a windoze then!"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hey guys,

While I love my current Avatar I think I may change it a bit earlier than expected due to the abundance of demon type threads going around at the moment. I like to put my 2 cents in and its hard to get demon believers to take you seriously when you have a kitty with horns threatening to eat your soul LOL

Any chance some of you Awesome peeps could put together a Jedi/Sith kitty avatar for me?

Heres the original

Cheers again guys

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ya know....i started working on that. It is going to be a challenge.

When i get home i will post up the extracted kitty pic for others to use. Of course, I will give it a go....

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

i wish i could help. Its in my nature to be helpful....but i avoid Apple like the plague. I toyed with them back int he old II and II/e days. But found them no more useful than a TRS-80 for what i was doing (basic programming, playing simple games, etc).

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

It's really heartening that so many people on here have offered help

Recommendation: Switch to Linux OS. Mint 13 is a LTS, supported till 2017, and the Linux forums are every bit as friendly as ATS.

Your only problem will be DLing the DVD.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Here are some options I did

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by vkey08

I mostly use my ipad for consumption and my air for stuff i can't do on my ipad. It came with lion so had no os or recovery disk. I've learned the hard way that updating apple software often makes matters worse. It doesn't help that my net access is by tethering through a pre-paid 'no tethering allowed' cell. So updating software is a ticket to the asylum for me.

Anyway i'm derailing the thread so if the offer of help is still open I'll PM you or start a thread when I'm more happy to get stressed out without smashing things lol!

It's really heartening that so many people on here have offered help. Because all I see on apple forums is comments like,

"Ever heard of google?". --- yes google sent me here! Grrrh.

And

"well go and buy a windoze then!"

Jah just PM me, I'm sure i can help you through it....
and would be willing to try..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I went with the Jedi aspect....Presenting Yoda-Kitteh:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi everyone. As you can see I'm now finally the proud owner of a great avatar. And it's all down to you guys...all of you.

However, a special mention and huge thanks must go to Agarta in particular who not only gave me a great avatar (sorry everyone but mines better than yours na na nana na) but who held my hand very closely through PMs today to get the job done. I believe Agarta saved me from a broken mac and an expensive trip to the computer shop. Thank you.

Hey bigfatfurrytexan, thanks for your help to. Apple got me in stages, I wish they hadn't but it started with my mates old mackintosh classic (which he still refuses to sell to me), then came the ipod nano, then the ipod touch...

Vkey08, i'll definitely PM you in the ext few days for some printer help. Thanks for offering.

The last two weeks on ATS have been very humbling for me. There are so many great people here that you only find out about when you wander off the beaten path of the main boards. I wish I'd registered back in the days when ATS and BTS were separate. Wow that seems so long ago.

I think it's time I did an intro thread seeing as I know ATS is my true online home. It's weird sometimes when I interract on some threads, because I've known many of you for a long time from your threads and posts and yet you don't yet know me.

Oh and I may just write a short story about this thread. Don't hold your breath, i'm a slow writer, but I do already have the idea for it.

Take care everyone.

Edit to add: all I need now is to find an image of a suitably trimmed 'merkin' to place on the lady and it'll be complete. Only joking but yes that's where my username came from. See you on he boards.
edit on 2-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Good Morning artists! Would someone please size this for a background, if you don't mind? Thank you

edit on 3-3-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

How's this?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Perfect! Thank you so much. Gonna use it for a while with the lizard

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Nice avatar. It reminded me of a piece of Chris Morris' undervalued genius. Clip contains swearing and for anyone who followed what's happened to me over the last few days, the guy at the end hitting the footstool was pretty much me for 3 days straight.

Hopefully this works, Jam Ep3. TV lizards:

www.youtube.com...

Darn it it won't play but search 'jam episode 3 tv lizards' will get you to it. It's worth watching (approx 3 mins)
edit on 3-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

Tried another url still no joy.
edit on 3-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join