Originally posted by Agarta
The following are step by step directions on how to set your new Avatar, Background, and/or Signature image. There are glitches that occur if some things are done out of order and you have not had an Avatar set already.
Avatar and Background
1. Between these lines is a transparent Avatar. If you are using a new background, highlight it and click to save to your computer.
or copy the following code: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif
2. On the top Navigation bar of your page click the "Tools" tab found here(note: if you are using the Clear Avatar code scroll down to the Avatar section and paste it into the slot, remove the space between the h and tt and click submit.
3. Then click the "ATS uploads" tab found here
4. Upload the new or clear Avatar and/or Background by clicking this button
5. If you do not have an Avatar already in place you MUST put the Clear Avatar in first or the background will default to the Avatar section and you will have to start over. Assuming you are putting in the Avatar, find it in your uploads and click it.
6. This will take you to its dedicated page. Click "Avatar"
7. This will take you back to your "Tools" page. Scroll down to find the Avatar section and click "Submit"
8. Next return to your "ATS uploads" page and click your new Background
9. This will take you to its dedicated page. Click "Profile Background"
10. you will be taken to the tools page again. Scroll down to the "Your Background Image" section and click "Submit"
Your new background is now in place. Please note that it will not show on your profile page, as only Avatars do, however you will find it on your posts.
Setting your Signature Image
There is a glitch in the images signature section and it will not set your signature image. Instead, upload it using the directions above. Click it and you will go to its dedicated page. Copy the "Use in Post" link (pictured above) and return to your tools page manually. Past the code into your "Signature" area and click submit. If you wish to have your Signature Image centered do not use the "Use in Post" code. Instead scroll down to the "External full URL link" code and copy that one(also pictured above) and paste it into your "Signature" area on your tools page. Then add to the beginning [astimg] and [/atsimg] to the end and then click "Submit". If you wish to make the image a link, treat it like a "Hot Link" (See example in the image below)
If you have any problems just post your question and one of the other members can help you through it.
Enjoy your new Avatar/Background/Signature image and thank you for stopping by.
P.S. Please spread the word we love making new and imaginative images.edit on 2-12-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by merkins
No sarcasm here at all....but this reason alone is enough to keep me away from OSX.
Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
hi there thanks for the assistance.
I can't even get past the transparent image stage. I'm using osx which I'm new to. can't find a way to copy transparent image to desktop, let alone upload it I just get save as and the thread url. I also can't find a way to use to copy paste the code to uploads either.
thanks for your help but I think I better walk away from the computer for a while, I'm about ready to smash the thing up. I already smashed up two printers last week, and am ready to do the same with the new one (can't select draft, or keep prints lighter) and my mac. I switched because i remember the days when osx was supposed to be user friendly, it so rubbish if it wasn't for the gesture and context aware trackpad/mouse I'd be selling them now and returning exclusively to my windows machines.
I'm in the UK and I'm being throttled now for tethering when I shouldn't, I'll have another go in the morning. I'll have about 3 hours throttle free if i'm lucky.
Edit: I'm a printer murderer and it felt great! epsom got punched to death while lexmark was thrown from a height I recommend it to anyone it's very cathartic....for a few minutes.
img.abovetopsecret.com...edit on 1-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by tothetenthpower
Edit to Add: This is not the original I posted. I got to looking at it in here and decided to work the top fade a bit moreedit on 1-3-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)