It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Experiences - Feel Free To Share Yours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Back in the 90's I was doing HVAC. A co-worker and I often did side jobs for extra money.

One weekend, we had some work adding a couple of vents to a log cabin. The young couple had a newborn and were doing some home improvements. There was plastic draped over most of the kitchen and living room to prevent dust from getting all over everything.

We completed our work, got paid and were saying our goodbyes. The couple was also leaving to run errands, with the newborn in tow. When we got to the door, I turned around and told the man he should move the plastic away from his chandelier. He said it wasn't a concern, because it had been over a week since he put the plastic up. But he said if it would make me feel better he would move it.

Before he could get over to the chandelier, the plastic burst into flames.

He asked me how did you know that? I told him that it wasn't me, that someone was watching out for him and I'm a conduit like that sometimes.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Wrens are a "bringer of good luck" omen.

www.google.com... omens&ei=tCC7UJe2JILy9gTLuoGoCg&usg=AFQjCNHmC0iSfahycTQ0_VVTRXIdnV8UHQ

For this to happen twice in two different places is amazing! To have it happen the second time while you were writing about the first one is absolutely jaw-dropping!

Did you notice your "luck" changing for the better after these visits?

Fantastic story!

edit on 12/2/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

Not exactly. You read the other event that happened about the hand-written poster I made?
No, the incidents had already started when the first wren happened.
I took it to be a "messenger" bird.

To say it was jaw-dropping, let me tell you it WAS when it happened the second time while writing down the first.
It was who it was addressed to, it was a lot of things. OMG.

It was so overwhelming and out of this world strangeness and power of the occasions that rather than have anything like it continue I honestly contemplated suicide. There was a lot more to this than the three events that occured I related here.

But, when I sent the email and the second bird situation happened, I had come a long way from the original circumstances. It did aid in healing me, but no closer to understanding what could bring about such an odd coincidence.
I already had a few rather tame incidents involving birds, squirrels, you name it.
I jokingly think about Snow White cartoon and animals just being drawn in.

The cat who brought the second bird to me seemed surprised by the whole thing. She is NOT a hunter.
Has never caught or chased anything but is a huge adorable animal lover herself.
She harmed it in no way. She just dropped it alive and uninjured which is amazing in and of itself.
edit on 2-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Ahhhh..... she is a cutey, for sure!

I have a cat that adopted me. When I found her outside it took several weeks to get her to come close to me, but I fed her, and talked to her everyday. Eventually, she came close enough for me to pick her up. I noticed she had been de-clawed! I knew she couldn't stay outside with no way to defend herself so I brought her inside.

That is the sweetest cat I have ever had, and I've had cats all my life! She has been a blessing many times over during the past five years!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

In my experience all living things can bring us messages and companionship at key points in our lives.

My calling has landed me in Hopiland, and this has ultimately meant parting ways with my family and friends back in NC. Often times the solitude has become almost unbearable if not for these messengers.

By the way, I started reading your thread last night and quickly determined that it would be best to read the rest of it during daylight hours.

I'm into the 4th page and it's a very good read! Thank you for the companionship.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When I was about 21 or so, about 12 years ago, I was helping my best friend pack up her room in the house she had been living in with her family. She always told me she thought it was haunted and weird things happened there, but I always laughed at her and rolled my eyes and teased her because she can be the panicky sort.

So, we did a bunch of packing and laid down to go to sleep in her bed for a few hours in the middle of the night before we had to get up. Just as we were both starting to fall out, there were three loud, rhythmic bangs against the metal door of her closed closet. We both jumped up and looked at each other to make sure we both heard it. Then I got up and opened the door of the closet. The large, heavy and squat old champagne bottle she was using as a piggy bank was lying on its side inside the *carpeted* closet.

I know this sounds like it could just happen, but I don't see how. There was no draft, no natural force that could make something that heavy and squat fall over on its own, and even if there was, there would be no way that natural force could make it knock loudly three times, in even succession against the door. Just not possible.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
reply to post by sled735

By the way, I started reading your thread last night and quickly determined that it would be best to read the rest of it during daylight hours.

I'm into the 4th page and it's a very good read! Thank you for the companionship.

Thanks! Just wait... they get stranger, and scarier as it goes! All kinds of different experiences being told.
Keep the lights on!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Once I was just driving along at a normal pace with three passengers in the car with me.

As I approached an intersection the stoplight turned from green to red... no yellow! Luckily there was still time for me to get through without a collision. I never looked at stoplights the same way again after that!

On another occasion, I mindlessly stopped at a green light. The car behind me started honking the horn and I started to go, feeling kind of stupid. Just then a car blew through the intersection coming from my left. The car wouldn't have hit me, although I'm almost certain it would have creamed the person behind me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Once I was just driving along at a normal pace with three passengers in the car with me.

On another occasion, I mindlessly stopped at a green light. The car behind me started honking the horn and I started to go, feeling kind of stupid. Just then a car blew through the intersection coming from my left. The car wouldn't have hit me, although I'm almost certain it would have creamed the person behind me.

You mindlessly were being instructed by your guardian angel, or spirit guide to stop to prevent an accident.
Things like this happen all the time. People don't realize how often "they" step in to help us.

edit on 12/3/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This next one is as direct as it gets...

In February of 2010 I started getting my calling to go west. I was a little confused as to what exactly was happening. All of a sudden I had an unmistakable urge to go to the four corners region. I meditated on it many times and this feeling was persistent and very clear.

On the 11th, something told me to go outside at 2:12pm. I went to my back yard and looked to the sky. Off in the distance to the east I saw what looked like giant white birds flying back and forth in a line. I didn't have any binoculars handy and was squinting my eyes to try and see better. They were so far away that I could barely make them out, but they were huge. After a while they faded from view and I went back inside the house.

This stayed at the front of my mind until the next day. On 2/12 I went outside at 2:12pm again to see if I could see them again. I looked to the east but didn't see anything. I was a little bummed out, and just happened to look up over my head.

They were directly over my head. And they weren't birds. They could only be described as angels. They had wings like that of a butterfly that didn't seem to move very much. As big as 747's. And they were sort of gliding back and forth in a line right over my back yard. I think I counted seven of them.

As I watched in complete amazement, they blessed me. The best description I can give is when you see stars after standing up too fast. Except they were coming down into me. It was like little fireflies I could see engulfing me, and the feeling was very empowering to say the least. It was a feeling of ecstasy, although there are no words to adequately convey this.

After this incident, I had no problem leaving everything behind and answering the call to go west.

edit on 3/12/2012 by htapath because: tie po

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

That gave me goosebumps!

That is wonderfully awesome!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by htapath

That gave me goosebumps!

That is wonderfully awesome!

My wife thought I had lost my mind when I told her. She was polite but I could tell she was concerned about me.

Talk about a mixed bag of feelings for me....

What a long, strange, and wonderful trip it's been.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
During the past 33 months, I have driven across the country 15 times. Back and forth and back again, although I get the feeling that my long distance driving days are about over.

These numerous trips have kind of melded into each other, so I don't remember exactly when this next one happened.

I was traveling east on I-40 through Oklahoma and I had a lot on my mind. Walking in two worlds is not an easy thing to do and it was wearing me out going between the two. Anyway I was having a tough time and needed a spiritual pick-me-up.

I looked at the clock and it was 2:12pm. I glanced at my odometer and I had been 212 miles since I stopped for gas. Just at that moment I was going past exit 212.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Awesome!!! I never experienced the second part the two guys and them saying now he will see it everywhere, but definately see a very odd thing with all the logos being similar. It's rather odd. On to read the entire thread now.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by htapath

Awesome!!! I never experienced the second part the two guys and them saying now he will see it everywhere, but definately see a very odd thing with all the logos being similar. It's rather odd. On to read the entire thread now.

It's nice to meet another (whispers) normal person like myself.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

When we first got our Bichon Frise, she was a rescue and had never seen it snow. Needless to say she was very excited when we let her outside to play.

This is a picture of her while she was blitzing around like a little scuttle bug.

There was no light source in the yard besides the camera flash. The light appears where the dog is supposed to be in the picture. Is this little Nellie's light body or something else? You decide.

OMIGOSH AND JUST READING THIS I HAD A WIERD EXPERIENCE...you saying scuttle bug about your dog and I used to call my daughter scuttlebutt because the way her tushy shook side to side when she crawled!!! WOW!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

OMIGOSH AND JUST READING THIS I HAD A WIERD EXPERIENCE...you saying scuttle bug about your dog and I used to call my daughter scuttlebutt because the way her tushy shook side to side when she crawled!!! WOW!

I feel the time is right to say....

Now you're going to see 'it' everywhere.

edit on 3/12/2012 by htapath because: type o

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This has happened to me just recently after moving to St Pete, fl Where I lived before was another town outside Tampa, but it was dingy and ghetto drama-ish it was a stressful place to say the least, so bad that when moving here the first thought in the morning was a literally meant "Another day in paradise" and soon my acquaintences started to say almost every morning "Another day in paradise, huh?" and even a total stranger as I walked to hubby's job site said it too, out of the clear blue "good morning, another day in paradise" And he laughed, I was like repetetive much? After the one lady I was aquaintenced with had already said it that morning. I also have been followed by a crane for a short time (I have a thread about it) month ago before that I had two doves sitting beak to beak (Kissing pose like) Above me and my hubby at his jobsite over the roof right above us!!! In the park months before that I was really contemplating how neat it'd be if a squirrel came right up to me because my hubby has had that happen and a few days later while I was at the park that happened he or she came right up to my hand sniffed and then ran off, I was FLOORED!!! I think this is telling me I am in a better place (as if I didn't realize that already) But maybe just an affirmation of that, too. Also we have tons of wrens here, and they have come damn near running (flying) into my face at times!
edit on 3-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yes I take those as a good sign as well.

Once I was leaving on a long trip and there was nobody home to see me off.

I had left the driver's door open on my car as I loaded the last few items. When I got back out to the car, a squirrel was in the passenger seat just standing there looking at me. We had a moment and I thanked him/her before going on my way.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Never saw a UFO but my hubby did. I'm too afraid I think to even ask, or it may be answered.

I think I'd poo in my drawers if I did.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

This experience occurred on New Years Eve 1986.

The same friend who I mentioned in the first post was driving and I was the passenger. We were traveling south on a four lane highway near Pilot Mtn, NC.

All of a sudden, the radio stopped working. As I fiddled with the knobs, I noticed something odd on the left side of the north bound lanes. Three lights in a triangular shape were rising up through the trees. There was also a brighter light in the center of this formation. I alerted my friend to the lights and we both watched in amazement.

When the lights reached the tops of the tall pine trees, the center light went out. Then the lights rotated slowly counter-clockwise and cocked up at about a 60 degree angle. They were facing directly at our car at this point. After a brief pause, the lights shot out of the atmosphere at an impossible rate, leaving only a zig-zagging streak of light in its wake.

We gasped in unison and proceeded to share an extended weird moment. Then my friend pointed out that there was suddenly no traffic on the road, where previously there had been a moderate amount of vehicles traveling in both directions. We both got a little spooked.

Then, the radio came back on. I had inadvertently turned the volume all the way up, and we nearly came out of our skin. Then, traffic started appearing coming towards us again much to our relief.

When we got to our destination, we discovered that we had lost about three hours of time.

A few questions, if you don't mind.

1. Did your friend stop driving when you saw the lights?

2. Did anything else in the car stop working?

3. Regarding the traffic, is it possible that you simply encountered a slow spot in the flow?

4. Regarding the time change, how did you discover that time was missing? Did the trip seem to take longer, or was there some other reason?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join