It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Experiences - Feel Free To Share Yours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have had several bouts of depression in my life and still continue to suffer from it, today. When I'm particularly distressed, I have tendency to express my darker emotions to myself, out loud in the car. I think it is my bodies way of coping with darker moods. Anyway, while I was in the car going to my night job, I started yelling that I was tired of living an absurd life and that I wanted to "Get out this Universe" (basically, die).

What was weird was that one night I was talking with a co-worker. We were making jokes, when all of the sudden his face makes the calmest, most matter-of-fact expression I have every seen He looks directly at me with intent eyes and says "So, you're tired of living in the Universe, huh? So you want to get out of it, huh?" I got the burning sense from my co-worker (or whatever I was talking to) that it was annoyed, offended and ever-so-slightly messing with me.

At this point, I'm both shocked and ridiculously puzzled. How in the hell could my co-worker possibly have known that I said that in the car?. I was in the car, alone. I looked at him and asked him "What did you just say?". He looks at me puzzled and says "What?". It was like he had no clue what he had just said to me. He then walks away. Needless to say I was shocked.

I'm not sure what to make of this experience. Sometimes I wonder if I genuinely have offended the universe by saying I didn't want to be of and a part of it. Some days I just think I hallucinated it. I don't know, I'm usually a pretty rational and thoughtful guy. I don't like jumping to wild conclusion without proof, but this one experience I truly can't explain.

-Ghoster
edit on 1-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
I have had several bouts of depression in my life and still continue to suffer from it, today. When I'm particularly distressed, I have tendency to express my darker emotions to myself, out loud in the car. I think it is my bodies way of coping with darker moods. Anyway, while I was in the car going to my night job, I started yelling that I was tired of living an absurd life and that I wanted to "Get out this Universe" (basically, die).

What was weird was that one night I was talking with a co-worker. We were making jokes, when all of the sudden his face makes the calmest, most matter-of-fact expression I have every seen He looks directly at me with intent eyes and says "So, you're tired of living in the Universe, huh? So you want to get out of it, huh?" I got the burning sense from my co-worker (or whatever I was talking to) that it was annoyed, offended and ever-so-slightly messing with me.

At this point, I'm both shocked and ridiculously puzzled. How in the hell could my co-worker possibly have known that I said that in the car?. I was in the car, alone. I looked at him and asked him "What did you just say?". He looks at me puzzled and says "What?". It was like he had no clue what he had just said to me. He then walks away. Needless to say I was shocked.

I'm not sure what to make of this experience. Sometimes I wonder if I genuinely have offended the universe by saying I didn't want to be of and a part of it. Some days I just think I hallucinated it. I don't know, I'm usually a pretty rational and thoughtful guy. I don't like jumping to wild conclusion without proof, but this one experience I truly can't explain.

-Ghoster

Thanks for sharing this Ghoster.

You reminded me of a similar experience I had while installing a printing press at Dow Jones in Chickapee, MA last year.

It was a Sunday morning and we were working seven days a week to get this monster of a press installed.

I was on the pipe fitting crew, and the rest of the gang had apparently stayed up partying the night before. I was the only one who showed up that morning, and I was struggling to solder a joint high in the air. Usually there would be someone holding the other end steady, which would have made it much easier.

I thought to myself, "I guess all my buddies abandoned me today."

Just then a Dow Jones employee popped his head out from the press and said, "What's the matter, did your buddies abandon you today?"

Thanks for reminding me.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No problem. I think "crazy" stuff like this happens to people every day. They are just too afraid to express it, don't notice it when it happens, or just don't know how to rationalize it. And who can blame them?

Oh, I have another similar experience that I almost forgot. Same job and location:

I have tendency to play the same song over and over again. I guess I'm OCD with music or something. Anyway, once I play a song, it gets stuck in my head for a veeery long time and basically goes on mental repeat.

One night, I'm steadily working and my co-worker (who is a firm believer in the metaphysical and spirits and what not) walks up to me in distress and says to me "You know Ean (my name), I get songs stuck in my head, too."

He then walks away to handle some other business in the warehouse. Again, I simply can't explain this one either. Maybe I was humming it out loud and I didn't notice? But firmly remember not singing out loud, because I thinks its personally embarrassing. Honestly, I have a lot of other strange tales, but I don't want to get further into it.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
In 2009, I started to become aware of orbs of light that seemed bent on getting my attention.

One night I was sitting at the computer and one of them 'powered up' directly in my line of sight. It was actually outside of the house and I could see it through the wall somehow. The orb floated through a window and passed right over my computer monitor about a foot from my face before disappearing.

I started researching the phenomenon immediately.

To make a long story short, I got my wife to man the digital camera while I did a love meditation in my back yard. I meditated on receiving and reflecting love, plain and simple. My wife was very excited and said that they flooded into the viewfinder just before she snapped this photo:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Very interesting series of posts. My life has also been one long series of unexplainable events that people would never believe if I was to start listing them as you have been brave enough to do.

One of the most thought provoking for me was the book of past lives. I surrendered control about twelve years ago and just decided to let life carry me along and go where it takes me. This has led to some very interesting experiences along the lines of meditation and working on my interior self. I also practice peace/love/joy meditations and focus on energy healing of myself and those around me.

Back to the past lives thing, in the course of my studies into the metaphysical realm, I had to opportunity to undergo a few past life regressions. The first time was largely just an attempt to relax and be hypnotized in the first place as it was not possible for me when I was younger. However, after practicing meditation for a few years I was able to quickly slip into a rather deep trace state and following the suggestion of my teacher I began to explore images coming into my head of past lives.

I realized that my being drawn to the pacific North West and my love for the countryside here seemed to go back farther than my time here, as images of a simple and happy life came into my head from another time. I was seeing and feeling images from a native american village that was on the water, and everyone was busy and happy, and I seemed to be an adolescent in this time and it had a carefree feel to it.

It was a profound bunch of images and did not seem to come from my imagination but had a much richer feel to it as it was so very real.

Flash foreward a couple of years and I was going up to Neah Bay to do a deep sea fishing trip, and was driving across the hood canal bridge which is a very big bridge that goes over a portion of Puget Sound. Suddenly images began to flood my head as I looked to the right and saw the very familiar skyline and the islands here and there.

Suddenly I remembered being in a large canoe and paddling through these islands, and had images of the rocks and seafloor below me as I skirted the edges of the islands so vividly I could smell the water. I had never been this way before and never crossed the hood canal bridge before, nor seen these islands. The incredible scenery on the tip of Neah Bay was also a very disturbing and stirring memory for me as I had lived it before.

Upon returning to my class, I brought this up in the group. My class was made up of a half dozen very special people, healers, shamans and a couple of psychics, and I don't know how I got included at all, but I am very thankful for the time spent there. I was saying that I wanted to buy a sea kayak and re-enact this canoe journey as best I could as it was a very profound experience for me.

One of the psychics in the group paled as I said this and in a very stern voice chastised me for the very thought and then pleaded with me not to do this, as she felt very strongly that I had died this way in a past life, and that re-enacting this could have very big consequences for me. I took her advice and never did go forward with that plan.

Upon further questioning she told me that I had died twice in this time frame, once as a soldier and once as a native american youth and that the deaths served to show me both sides of that war.

On another topic you posted about the saw blade falling out of the air, brought up the very interesting experiences I had asking for precious items that I had lost to be returned to me. Three seperate times they magically appeared in my hand. The first time I was like OK that was strange.

The second time I was amazed but still thinking it had been there all along. The third time I was just blown away as it happened within minutes of the request all three times, as if the spirits or creator just made it happen just for me. Profound and disturbing to say the least.

I have witnessed very similar UFOs as you mention of a few different types and have lost time incidents in my life also. Now I have suddenly been called to be clean and sober for the first time in my life and simply did it with no real psychological or physical repercussions as my spirit demanded it and like I said I have surrendered control and I am blowing across the sky like the old Ojibwa saying.

Life has been and remains very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to relate your experiences and giving me the comfort to be able to follow it with some of my own.

Peace...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

That was a very powerful post Coopdog and it is nourishment for my soul.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey home.

It sounds to me like you're well on your way...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
On a camping trip early last year, my wife and I met a couple who were a 'reflection' of us. The conversation we had with this couple was very profound because we had so much in common.

We had even been having some of the same discussions that day before we met, with the roles reversed. We talked a mile a minute to each other in disbelief of all the synchronicities we shared.

Three hours passed in what seemed like minutes.
edit on 1/12/2012 by htapath because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have also had people tell me they see orbs with their naked eyeballs when I am meditating. I feel that most of these are simply photographic anomalies, but some of them are more profound. I will add a pic that has so many anomalies in it that it made an impression on me. The picture is of me howling at the moon and nobody was smoking when this pic was taken believe it or not.

At any rate, I thought you might like it is the only reason I put it in here. No claims that it is anything other than what it is, a blurry photograph, and you can draw your own conclusions.

May as well include another story as well. We have had spirits in our life most of our lives and things tend to move by themselves here from time to time. Just the other day was my dear departed brother in law's birthday.

We were talking about him, and wishing he was here, when there came a soft rapping on our bedroom wall. It was rhythmic and slow, like one knock per second, and it knocked about 20-30 times as we both sat there looking at one another in astonishment. My wife said "Man that is too weird, it is coming from right over there" pointing to a spot over by the bathroom door.

This is an interior wall, with a bathroom closet and an empty bedroom on the other side of it. The knocking was clearly in our room, not on the other side of the wall, but distinct and crisp just as if someone was rapping with their knuckles.

My wife got up and approached, and as she did it got quieter and quieter and faded completely. The odd thing is that the tone of the raps did not change like someone knocking lighter and lighter, but instead faded as if the volume was turned down to 0. She knocked on the wall and reproduced the knocks exactly as they had sounded, exactly as if someone had been knocking on the wall about 4-5 ft from the floor and about 8 ft away.

She came back to the bed and sat down, and jokingly said, "Matthew if that is you, we heard you, could you do that again?"

Instead of knocking, a lamp that had been clamped to the shelf for at least two years was suddenly knocked off the shelf, and the clamp was broken as if it was knocked forcefully off the shelf. I guess we got our answer.

Not saying this is proof of anything once again, but it sure as hell was a rare coincidence no matter what else it was.

Peace...

EDIT: If anyone knows how to imbed the photo for me it would be greatly appreciated.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

That's intense!

To imbed the image, click on tools+ then ATS uploads, and you will see the instructions on the left margin. The pic must be uploaded from your machine and not from a web address, or at least that's how I understand it.

When you are finished uploading, click on the pic from inside the ATS folder and it will give you the url to paste to include the pic in your post. I hope this helps.

Thanks again for sharing brother.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

You sir, have had some strange experiences, and alot....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've had too many strange experience to post here. I made a thread back in February this year, and it is still going.

You and others may enjoy reading: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My personal experiences are spread out all through the thread.

S&F OP!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You sure are prone to getting into weird situations ...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
I've had too many strange experience to post here. I made a thread back in February this year, and it is still going.

You and others may enjoy reading: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My personal experiences are spread out all through the thread.

S&F OP!

Thank you sled735.

I'll read that thread in it's entirety.

Much love to you.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Recently, I had a wonderful conversation with a Native American. We were talking about all the different masks that people wear, and how many take themselves far too seriously.

The mask we were referring to is the human body, by the way. We had a few good laughs and agreed that we are all the same once this mask is removed.

As I prepared to go on my way, I extended my hand and introduced myself as Darrin to this man. A look of astonishment came over his face and instead of shaking my hand, he hugged me tightly. "That's funny," he said. "My name is Ferrin."

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
When we first got our Bichon Frise, she was a rescue and had never seen it snow. Needless to say she was very excited when we let her outside to play.

This is a picture of her while she was blitzing around like a little scuttle bug.

There was no light source in the yard besides the camera flash. The light appears where the dog is supposed to be in the picture. Is this little Nellie's light body or something else? You decide.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Several years ago I was going through an extreme time of emotional upheaval and confusion on every level of my being.
In a sort of last ditch effort to ground myself, I hand wrote my resolve on a sheet of paper, (because words have power), and posted it on my wall with a bulletin board tack. I hurt my thumb pressing it in all the way.

I turned out the light and lay in bed contemplating for the hundreth time when I hear this fluttering sound and then feel it, followed by a distinct *plink*.

I knew before I opened my eyes and turned on my light what it was. I was in utter disbelief nonetheless to see
my paper lying on me on my bed and the tack I'd driven in completely lying in an empty glass ashtray two feet away to the left on my nightstand.

The hair was standing up on my neck as I drove it back into the wall and climbed back into bed and pulled the covers over my head and trembled with eyes staring into the darkness and suffocating heat, but I refused to
draw the covers back down again.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
One morning a couple months before the incident above, I awoke to a small bird fluttering inches above my face.
The bird was hovering there looking at itself in the mirrored closet doors.
It flew toward it and then out through my bedroom door and down the hall.

I got out of bed being totally unnerved. Then the bird flew back toward me and I stumbled to the side so it wouldn't fly right into me as I was standing in the doorway.
It hovered and then repeated the flight down the hall only this time my cat saw it and jumped in the air to try to
knock it down.
I called to the cat, but she was as mesmerized as I was!

Here the bird came again and this time landed on a dresser. I spoke to the bird letting it know that it should
go out now and I eased over to the patio door and opened it. As I did, the sheers from the canopy bed next to
it got caught under the door and pressed across my face like a veil. At that moment the bird flew straight at me
and I assumed out the open door. So I slammed it shut and crawled into bed on shakey legs the whole incident scaring me and making me sad as I wondered not just how the bird got inside, but when!
Especially with my cat for it to have gone unnoticed all night.
As I was starting to settle down I could not believe it as the bird, a house wren, came flying back down the hallway and into my room, this time lighting on the bamboo shade at the window above the headboard.

I flew out of bed and pressed against the wall going sideways until I got over to the exterior patio door again.
I spoke to the bird in reassuring tones and begged it to fly away. But, still it just turned it's head from side to side regarding me until I just burst into tears.
I don't know for how long we were there frozen in the moment. It flew away finally.

I wrote about this to someone in an email a few years after that. As I was writing it I remember all the feelings I had. As I was writing I heard my cat, ( a different one), muffled meowing and scratching at the door.
I wanted to finish writing it to send but she was so insistent I got up and just opened the door without really looking at her. So I just had walked back and sat down when she came over to me and I could see then she
had something in her mouth.

She opened it and deposited a pretty good size wren at my feet and we both just sort of startled when the bird
flew off the floor and started flying around this house, (different house, different town).
I could only look at the words on my email I had stopped in the middle of writing to the scene of ANOTHER BIRD
flying around between my bedroom and the living room.

I opened the door and waited until it flew away.
Then I went back to the email and finished what I was writing about the incident and then added as a postscript
the second that happened while typing.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Wrens are a "bringer of good luck" omen.

www.google.com... omens&ei=tCC7UJe2JILy9gTLuoGoCg&usg=AFQjCNHmC0iSfahycTQ0_VVTRXIdnV8UHQ

For this to happen twice in two different places is amazing! To have it happen the second time while you were writing about the first one is absolutely jaw-dropping!

Did you notice your "luck" changing for the better after these visits?

Fantastic story!

edit on 12/2/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

That picture is amazing!

It leads me to believe that this animal is more than an ordinary dog. She may be your animal totem spiritual guide.

You just thought you saved her. She could save you some day.

I've seen shows where rescued animals alerted people of fires, even called 911 when people were unconscious, etc.

I think animals come into our lives for an important reason sometimes. You never know!

edit on 12/2/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

She is no ordinary dog, that's for sure. I've never seen a happier more loving animal in my life, although this was not the case when she first arrived. She likes to lay on the front porch and brighten everyone's day who happens to walk by, and she simply adores cats.

Many times at night, she has wagged her tail and loved up to 'invisible people'. Well, at least they're invisible to me.

Here's a nice pic of her working her magic.

edit on 2/12/2012 by htapath because: added pic

edit on 2/12/2012 by htapath because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join